HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL - IV

Closed Thread

Old
04-09-2013, 09:05 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
You Suck McBain!

vCash: 500
**** you, Stamkos. **** you.

Old
04-09-2013, 09:11 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
You Suck McBain!

I'm about 100% sure Stamkos will get a point on an EN goal here.

Old
04-09-2013, 09:12 PM
Dangler99*

Sid. come back please! It's awful seeing these guys catching up to you. Even worse when you see how many games it takes them. Shows he's the best.

Old
04-09-2013, 09:13 PM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

If I hear "if Ovechkin gets his team into the playoffs by winning the division he's an MVP candidate" one more time I'm going to puke. If the Caps were in the Atlantic they'd be tied for 3rd right now and the Rags would have a game in hand. Winning the SE division is kind of like being the tallest midget.

Old
04-09-2013, 09:16 PM
Dangler99*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
If I hear "if Ovechkin gets his team into the playoffs by winning the division he's an MVP candidate" one more time I'm going to puke. If the Caps were in the Atlantic they'd be tied for 3rd right now and the Rags would have a game in hand. Winning the SE division is kind of like being the tallest midget.
I am probably more pissed about Crosbys awards slipping away than Crosby himself.

Old
04-09-2013, 09:20 PM
FDBluth

Quote:

Old
04-09-2013, 09:21 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

This Giroux guy is really an A+ leader. Especially liking the direction he is leading his team in.

Old
04-09-2013, 09:25 PM
plaidchuck

Ovechkin will certainly be over a PPG in the last 10 games based on this rate.

Thank you Washington though for beating Montreal.

Old
04-09-2013, 09:28 PM
Dangler99*

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidchuck View Post
Ovechkin will certainly be over a PPG in the last 10 games based on this rate.
Even if he ties Crosby. It's not really a big accomplishment. But there are always those people.

Old
04-09-2013, 10:01 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorstenFrings View Post
This Giroux guy is really an A+ leader. Especially liking the direction he is leading his team in.
Actually I'd say the lack of leadership comes more from the GM there than anywhere else.

Giroux has plenty to learn (he reminds me of Patrick Kane in some ways -- skills are there, shows flashes of leadership and also flashes of idiocy), but when your D and G sucks as bad as theirs has most of this year... doesn't matter too much what he does.

Old
04-09-2013, 10:28 PM
Waffle Fries

Quote:
I have to agree. I don't quite get that argument. We just clinched our division with 8 games left to play.

I can't fathom how Ovechkin deserves the Hart because he might get his team to the playoffs while Sid already has gotten his team to the playoffs.

Old
04-09-2013, 10:32 PM
Coach John McGuirk
Bylstarded

The weird thing about Philly is that they just can't score... Sure, their goaltending and defense suck, but what happened to all the scoring on that team?

Still think that JVR trade was horrible for Philly.

Old
04-09-2013, 10:35 PM
KaylaJ
Tungsten!

Exactly. Lot of slumps by the sophomore kids and others. It's like all the bounces they got last season, just hit a wall this season while some of the ones who won them games just went ghostly.

Old
04-09-2013, 10:35 PM
Dangler99*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffle Fries View Post
I have to agree. I don't quite get that argument. We just clinched our division with 8 games left to play.

I can't fathom how Ovechkin deserves the Hart because he might get his team to the playoffs while Sid already has gotten his team to the playoffs.
It seems that for Crosby to win an award he has to fully 100% be the best. No questions. While Ovechkin gets easier awards. He is on a hot steak and zong omg he is the hart winner.

Old
04-09-2013, 10:45 PM
Waffle Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteclass View Post
It seems that for Crosby to win an award he has to fully 100% be the best. No questions. While Ovechkin gets easier awards. He is on a hot steak and zong omg he is the hart winner.
Yeah, I think Sid will be back for a few games so hopefully this all won't matter. I know the NHL counted the game he got hurt in as a game played despite only playing 50 seconds, but essentially he's only played 35 games. Is it really an accomplishment to equal/slightly pass a player in points that you've played 13 more games than?

No question Ovechkin has been incredibly impressive over his past 15 or so games, but I think it's much too soon to reignite the Crosby/Ovechkin debate. I didn't realize people missed it that much.

Old
04-09-2013, 10:46 PM
HuskerTornado
RIP UW AlwaysBelieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZappBrannigan View Post
The weird thing about Philly is that they just can't score... Sure, their goaltending and defense suck, but what happened to all the scoring on that team?

Still think that JVR trade was horrible for Philly.

Wouldn't be surprised if there is a bidding war on July 1.

Old
04-09-2013, 10:49 PM
Dangler99*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffle Fries View Post
Yeah, I think Sid will be back for a few games so hopefully this all won't matter. I know the NHL counted the game he got hurt in as a game played despite only playing 50 seconds, but essentially he's only played 35 games. Is it really an accomplishment to equal/slightly pass a player in points that you've played 13 more games than?

No question Ovechkin has been incredibly impressive over his past 15 or so games, but I think it's much too soon to reignite the Crosby/Ovechkin debate. I didn't realize people missed it that much.
I know. Ovechkin is still 12 points behind Crosby with 5 more games played. When Crosby got injured he was 20 points clear of Ovechkin. Crosby at least has the Lindsay locked down imo. But as you said, hopefully he comes back for 5-6 games and wraps up the Art ross and Hart.

Old
04-09-2013, 10:51 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins

vCash: 80
The injuries in Ottawa seem to be catching up to them. They're on the brink of not even making the playoffs, though it'll take a bit of a winning streak by Winnipeg for that to happen.

Their slump seems to have coincided with Melnyk's CSI investigation. Maybe the players are too embarrassed by their owner to concentrate on playing hockey.

Old
04-09-2013, 10:53 PM
Waffle Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerTornado View Post

that picture.

A lot of people I know thought his season last year was a product of being alongside Giroux, but it really does look like it might be the other way around.

I agree with those who say Giroux wasn't the right choice for captain. I thought it was either going to be Hartnell or Timonen. I also think that Colorado has a similar problem. I'm a big fan of Landeskog, but it seems too soon for him to be captain.

Old
04-09-2013, 10:55 PM
BrunoPuntzJones
Biscuit Scorer

Quote:
I know. Ovechkin is still 12 points behind Crosby with 5 more games played. When Crosby got injured he was 20 points clear of Ovechkin. Crosby at least has the Lindsay locked down imo. But as you said, hopefully he comes back for 5-6 games and wraps up the Art ross and Hart.
You have to figure Crosby is a likely Masterton candidate, too.

Old
04-09-2013, 10:56 PM
Waffle Fries

Quote:
I agree. I don't see anyway he doesn't get the Lindsay. As others have said, we as fans probably care more than Sid does, but I just want to see him get some official/tangible form of recognition for how incredible his play has been these last few years.

Old
04-09-2013, 10:56 PM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerTornado View Post

That is the definition of a thousand yard stare.

Old
04-09-2013, 11:01 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Limit here.

Closed Thread