HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Lars Eller Thread - Great or Greatest Dane Edition

Closed Thread

Old
04-06-2013, 09:47 PM
overlords
Hfboards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
No one is getting traded.
Of course not, the TDL just passed

Old
04-06-2013, 09:49 PM
Crimson Skorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika View Post
Hi cphabs,

I'm always around reading funny posts like ''LePoche69''.

Even though I don't really have the time to post as often as before (that's what a new baby does to you), this board can still be very entertaining
Congrats on the baby, Erika!

Man. Eller looked great again tonight. If only he had the vision to see how good he is himself...

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
04-06-2013, 09:54 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJG View Post
Really? I'm happy we made the trade, but it is nowhere close to being as good as the Rivet one.
Or Souray?

Old
04-07-2013, 10:43 AM
Et le But

Quote:
#Habs Eller on his holding call against #Bruins Chara: “I must be really strong. Are we going to say the ‘e’ word?”
Eller is a hero.

Old
04-07-2013, 10:49 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Eller is a hero.
Apart from PK, I think Eller hates the bruins most on the habs. Maxpac is probably up there too.

Old
04-07-2013, 11:01 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Apart from PK, I think Eller hates the bruins most on the habs. Maxpac is probably up there too.
Yeah, Eller seems to think like a fan when it comes to these things.

I think Plekanec and Emelin hate Chara too.

Old
04-07-2013, 11:13 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Eller is a hero.
How funny would it have been if Eller just burst out and started copying Hulk Hogan...

"You just gotta say your prayers, take your vitamins, and be true to yourself. What'cha going to do Zdeno, when Ellermania and all the Ellermaniacs run WILD ON YOUUUUUUUUUUUU!!" **ridiculous bicep-flex pose**

Old
04-07-2013, 11:21 AM
LeMAD

Eller was absolutely solid last night.

He still has two big flaws:

-consistency
-focus/discipline

But those common problems for young players. He give me the impression he still lacks a bit of maturity, but I'm pretty confident the organization will fix this.

Old
04-07-2013, 03:16 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
You can add Gallagher. He seems to really pest it up and go after the bigger Bruin defenders without fear.

Old
04-07-2013, 03:21 PM
Kriss E

I think every Hab player hates the Bruins after playing one game at the TD Bank.

Old
04-09-2013, 09:43 PM
Et le But

Congratulations to Eller on his 200th NHL game.

Old
04-09-2013, 09:46 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

He's amazing.

Old
04-09-2013, 09:50 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Pro-rated, his production would be 46 points over 82 games.

With almost zero PP time.

Old
04-09-2013, 09:52 PM
Tyson

Lars deserves more ice time. He is a big kid who can play.

Old
04-09-2013, 10:00 PM
danyhabsfan

On my facebook

I dont know if this is correct but

Lars Eller: 5 points on the PP in 21:59

Desharnais: 5 points on the PP in 105:58

Old
04-09-2013, 10:00 PM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Pro-rated, his production would be 46 points over 82 games.

With almost zero PP time.

Indeed !! It's safe to say that with some decent PP time, he would get around 60-65 points, which is more than enough to be a decent 1st line center/great 2nd line center.

I keep believing that Lars Eller is Mikko Koivu V2.0

The kid is truly amazing to watch. I just hope that the Habs will give him his chance to develop accordingly into the player he projects to be.

The only thing that I'm afraid of is: Michel Therrien and his love affairs with that Smurf David Desharnais. It is the only thing that will hold back Eller IMO.

Why all my favorite Habs player always ends up having bad luck with coaches or difficult times breaking out ?!

Old
04-09-2013, 10:08 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Eller is already an "elite" third liner by points alone. Now he just needs to put it together and get in the top 6.

Old
04-09-2013, 10:10 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika View Post
Indeed !! It's safe to say that with some decent PP time, he would get around 60-65 points, which is more than enough to be a decent 1st line center/great 2nd line center.

I keep believing that Lars Eller is Mikko Koivu V2.0

The kid is truly amazing to watch. I just hope that the Habs will give him his chance to develop accordingly into the player he projects to be.

The only thing that I'm afraid of is: Michel Therrien and his love affairs with that Smurf David Desharnais. It is the only thing that will hold back Eller IMO.

Why all my favorite Habs player always ends up having bad luck with coaches or difficult times breaking out ?!
Therrien is not alone. He is surrounded by 4 other coaches + all the management upstairs. If they tell him that Eller needs more ice time and Desharnais, less, he's gonna listen. I feel bad for Desharnais. The guy was really one of the few bright spots last season. A change of linemates and less responsibilities could be the solution. Maybe he has some unknown injuries, too. I would try him with Bourque and Ryder for a while.

Old
04-09-2013, 10:10 PM
Bloumeister
Gros chef bandit

Quote:
Congratulations to Eller on his 200th NHL game.

You mean

Old
04-09-2013, 11:36 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
You mean

Gotta put Prust and Galchy on the the other two!

What a great third line. Prust really makes them click, but Eller and Gally are looking super...

Old
04-09-2013, 11:52 PM
Aceekay

I don't understand the logic behind refusing to give eller pp time there's no excuse for it only stubbornness .

Old
04-10-2013, 12:05 AM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
Eller is already an "elite" third liner by points alone. Now he just needs to put it together and get in the top 6.
There is a basic unavoidable fact about scoring at the supposed "top six" level.

Its essentially impossible without PP minutes.

The basic cut off for a top sixer these days is a point every two games or .5 PPG. But to get to .5 PPG on just even strength scoring requires a .5 PPG ES, which isn't just top six level, its impact player or riding on the coattails of an impact player level scoring. So to get to that level on your own merits means that you are such a strong offensive talent that you're going to force your way on to a PP.

Occasionally you get a bottom sixer that gets a hot hand and moves into top six territory on just ES work. But they can't sustain that an inevitably fall back to reality the next season.

The biggest reason you so often see the massive gap in top six and bottom six raw scoring totals is less about a huge gap in real offensive talent but that top sixers get their numbers juiced by being on one of their team's 2 PP waves.

The top six bottom six dichotomy that so many make so much about is effectively an artifact of penalties being 2 minutes long, which is effectively 2 PP shifts, which means ice time for two PP units worth of players. If they were one minute then you'd see the big gap in counting numbers between top line players and everyone else.

Which is effectively to say: Eller has already maxed out on the amount of offense any reasonable person could expect from him in his current usage. For them to increase, his usage must change. Expecting more out of him with no usage change is unreasonable.

Old
04-10-2013, 12:11 AM
WakeUpNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
There is a basic unavoidable fact about scoring at the supposed "top six" level.

The basic cut off for a top sixer these days is a point every two games or .5 PPG. But to get to .5 PPG on just even strength scoring requires a .5 PPG ES, which isn't just top six level, its impact player or riding on the coattails of an impact player level scoring. So to get to that level on your own merits means that you are such a strong offensive talent that you're going to force your way on to a PP.

Occasionally you get a bottom sixer that gets a hot hand and moves into top six territory on just ES work. But they can't sustain that an inevitably fall back to reality the next season.

The biggest reason you so often see the massive gap in top six and bottom six raw scoring totals is less about a huge gap in real offensive talent but that top sixers get their numbers juiced by being on one of their team's 2 PP waves.

The top six bottom six dichotomy that so many make so much about is effectively an artifact of penalties being 2 minutes long, which is effectively 2 PP shifts, which means ice time for two PP units worth of players. If they were one minute then you'd see the big gap in counting numbers between top line players and everyone else.

Which is effectively to say: Eller has already maxed out on the amount of offense any reasonable person could expect from him in his current usage. For them to increase, his usage must change. Expecting more out of him with no usage change is unreasonable.
Today against Caps:

Desharnais : 0 pts, -1, 1 SOG, 19:57 min (1:48 min on PP)
Lars Eller . .: 2 pts, +1, 3 SOG, 13:40 min (0.00 min on PP)

#FreeLarsEller remember #NoExcuses

Old
04-10-2013, 12:50 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:

Now that's a post.

Old
04-10-2013, 01:11 AM
Aceekay

Quote:

Exactly, some people were predicting a 50 point season(in an 82 game season) from eller which I thought was ridiculous since he's playing on third line, but he's proving me wrong and putting up what would be a 40+ season and to do that on third line without pp time is amazing.

Closed Thread