HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bobrovsky's flaws are easily correctable

Closed Thread

Old
04-09-2013, 11:25 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
4 shutouts for bob on the season now...

.930 sv%: 2nd best in the league, while playing 30 games...Best if you count out anderson who's only played 17 games....

This is upsetting.
Just had a look at his stats after seeing he had a SO.

Bryz... F you.
Snider/Homer... F you.
Reese... F you.

There isn't ONE person on this board that can tell me Bob has a better team in front of him night in and night out. We shouldn't have to put up with mediocracy around here as much as we have the past year and a half. It's laughable.

Old
04-09-2013, 11:32 PM
Mgkibbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post

Bryz... F you.
Snider/Homer... F you.
Reese... F you.

There isn't ONE person on this board that can tell me Bob has a better team in front of him night in and night out. We shouldn't have to put up with mediocracy around here as much as we have the past year and a half. It's laughable.
Yea, it really is infuriating. I mean, not only is Bob good, but he's soooo much fun to watch. Kid's a freak athletically. But this franchise has zero patience, which is why we're stuck with an overpaid goalie, and 2-3 promising prospects. Yippie

Old
04-09-2013, 11:41 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
Yea, it really is infuriating. I mean, not only is Bob good, but he's soooo much fun to watch. Kid's a freak athletically. But this franchise has zero patience, which is why we're stuck with an overpaid goalie, and 2-3 promising prospects. Yippie

If you look cross state and the Pens and how they waited for MAF to get better, it worked out (I wouldn't want him now but he won a cup)

LA and Quick - took time and a cup.

When you have a goalie like that with the desire and outright work ethic to be better, it will get better.

hindsight 20/20 - but F, patience goes a long way.

Old
04-09-2013, 11:50 PM
sxHarr05

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFNHL Commish View Post
He could certainly end up being as good as a Bryzgalov.
I know it's only one bastardized season, but, well...........................
Just found it amusing is all.

Old
04-10-2013, 12:27 AM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
4 shutouts for bob on the season now...

.930 sv%: 2nd best in the league, while playing 30 games...Best if you count out anderson who's only played 17 games....

This is upsetting.
Ah the price of being a Flyer fan. Constantly watching the leaders of your beloved franchise shoot themselves in the foot.

Old
04-10-2013, 01:18 AM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
Ah the price of being a Flyer fan. Constantly watching the leaders of your beloved franchise shoot themselves in the foot.
Have any of our "esteemed" beat writers mustered up the guts to ask Snider or Holmgren about Bobrovsky yet? I'd love to see them squirm around as they quickly try to get the egg of their faces.

I don't expect that to happen though, because our beat writers are gutless cowards that don't have the spine to confront Snider with his mistakes, but I'd still like to see it happen.

Old
04-10-2013, 01:22 AM
BillDineen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
totally confident in Bob, Bryzgalov here for the time being is fine, until Bob flourishes
Wow. BP 74 with a different tune. I guess you are not related to Bryz after all.

Old
04-10-2013, 07:06 AM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post

Bryz... F you.
Snider/Homer... F you.
Reese... F you.

And Columbus' defense has had their fair share of injuries this season too

Old
04-10-2013, 07:09 AM
TheDrizzle81

Idk if I can take much more. Between bob outplaying Jesus in net and seeing half our team carry the cup last year with another team, I dunno what else I can stomach.

Old
04-10-2013, 07:34 AM
MP92
Catching flies

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
Idk if I can take much more. Between bob outplaying Jesus in net and seeing half our team carry the cup last year with another team, I dunno what else I can stomach.
It's a hard knock life for us

Old
04-10-2013, 07:44 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
Meh. It's a half a season. We'll see how good Bob does next year before we all start proclaiming him the second coming of Patrick Roy. He looked pretty damned good in his first year here too. Second year/playoffs...not so much.

Old
04-10-2013, 08:46 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Meh. It's a half a season. We'll see how good Bob does next year before we all start proclaiming him the second coming of Patrick Roy. He looked pretty damned good in his first year here too. Second year/playoffs...not so much.
exactly. let it play out until he is crowned. he is having a great shortened season. unreal. to say he would put up thos enumbers here is just an opinion. he may or may not. i hope he has a greta career. one short season doesnt make it though.

besides the flyers now have mason the messiah.

Old
04-10-2013, 08:57 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Once again..people do not seem to want to take into consideration the fact that in his second year he was relegated to backup because of Bryz and his contract and that adjusting to the role of a backup for a highly motivated player like him was not exactly an easy task especially in your second year in an entirely new league. Yeah a half a season is not a big enough litmus test but the guy has come a loooong way in such a short amount of time. I still don't buy Meltzer's earlier prediction nor anybody else's since...... that Bob will be a fringe starter the rest of his career. The guy is too committed and motivated as well as talented not to be a regular in this league and for a good amount of time as Richards and many others have predicted...

Old
04-10-2013, 09:41 AM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Meh. I've watched a lot of CBJ games, his whole game looks a ton better. Idk if that happens here. I doubt it. Still tough to watch especially when the guy who replaced him sucks and the guy he replaced has been brought in to potentially replace that guy. It's upsetting.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:09 AM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
Move along to the goaltending thread.