HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NJD 2013 Draft Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-09-2013, 07:31 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
Lindholm is even more the NJD type player. Fantastic two way forward. Basically Josefson, with offensive ability
I might be the only with this pov, but I wouldn't risk drafting Elias Lindholm even if he fell to us. I just think we need a prospect that already has a high offensive ceilling and not another 2 way forward with some offensive upside.

We need to swing for the fence and pick someone that will have a impact offensively. Elias Lindholm reminds me of MSP or like you said, Josefson. Both players are real solid but I'd rather go in a different route.

Call me crazy, but I'd rather pick someone like Erne, Mantha or Domi if we're picking in the middle of the pack and Elias is still on the board.

Erne: A big body that isn't afraid to go hard to the net and crash the crease. He has a solid skating stride and would be real solid alongside Kovy on our top line. He's basically Matteau with more offense to his game.

Mantha: A real big frame that can find the back of the net with ease.

Domi: Has some wicked offensive skills, is a little undersized but plays with a edge to his game

Last edited by DEVILS ALL THE WAY*: 04-09-2013 at 07:46 AM.
Old
04-09-2013, 08:21 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
I would love Monahan. Him and Lindhom really really intrigue me. Monahan seems like a perfect fit here and the NJ way.
I don’t care for scouting and nonsense, but this really bothers me if true. don’t want anyone else who plays the ‘NJ devils way’. its getting us nowhere

Old
04-09-2013, 08:36 AM
CerebralGenesis

Don't be fooled by the rhetoric.

Just because this team has no scoring and is inconsistent doesn't make smart, 2-way centers less valuable. I would take Monahan on this squad in a second.

Old
04-09-2013, 08:36 AM
FirmestPiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
I might be the only with this pov, but I wouldn't risk drafting Elias Lindholm even if he fell to us. I just think we need a prospect that already has a high offensive ceilling and not another 2 way forward with some offensive upside.

We need to swing for the fence and pick someone that will have a impact offensively. Elias Lindholm reminds me of MSP or like you said, Josefson. Both players are real solid but I'd rather go in a different route.

Call me crazy, but I'd rather pick someone like Erne, Mantha or Domi if we're picking in the middle of the pack and Elias is still on the board.

Erne: A big body that isn't afraid to go hard to the net and crash the crease. He has a solid skating stride and would be real solid alongside Kovy on our top line. He's basically Matteau with more offense to his game.

Mantha: A real big frame that can find the back of the net with ease.

Domi: Has some wicked offensive skills, is a little undersized but plays with a edge to his game
If he falls to us which I highly doubt, Lou and Conte should run up to the podium and announce the selection of Lindholm even though I too am wary of drafting Swedes considering our recent drafting record of em.

Lindholm just had the 4th best PPG draft eligible year in SEL history:

.84 - D. Sedin (50gp)
.74 - P. Forsberg (23gp)
.69 - H. Sedin (49gp)
.63 - E. Lindholm (48gp)

People say he's basically a Forsberg-lite. Also drawn comparisons to N. Backström.

No offense to MPS or Josefson but Lindholm is on another level and picking those you mentioned over him would be a mistake.

Some highlights from this season. Really shows what his game is all about, and there's no doubt he does look eerily similar to Forsberg in some instances.

Old
04-09-2013, 09:26 AM
dk3790

Hate to be that guy, but it doesn't matter who we draft if we keep treating our prospects the way we have been; from benching because we have 9 million d-men or because of 1 little defensive mistake even though the captain makes them 24/7.

Old
04-09-2013, 11:29 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5888
Don't want to create a new thread here, especially being the enemy, but has anyone heard any details on how to score tickets for the draft? A friend and I are looking to make the trip up.

Old
04-09-2013, 11:34 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmestPiano View Post
If he falls to us which I highly doubt, Lou and Conte should run up to the podium and announce the selection of Lindholm even though I too am wary of drafting Swedes considering our recent drafting record of em.

.84 - D. Sedin (50gp)
.74 - P. Forsberg (23gp)
.69 - H. Sedin (49gp)
.63 - E. Lindholm (48gp)

People say he's basically a Forsberg-lite. Also drawn comparisons to N. Backström.

No offense to MPS or Josefson but Lindholm is on another level and picking those you mentioned over him would be a mistake.

Some highlights from this season. Really shows what his game is all about, and there's no doubt he does look eerily similar to Forsberg in some instances.
Does he play with a chip on his shoulder? Does he like to grind it out or he is more of a finesse player?

Out of all the top #10 projected picks, he's the only player I don't know too much about.

Old
04-09-2013, 11:48 AM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Does he play with a chip on his shoulder? Does he like to grind it out or he is more of a finesse player?

Out of all the top #10 projected picks, he's the only player I don't know too much about.
He is more of a finesse player, however he isnt a soft guy. Decent size who is willing to go to the dirty areas . He is one of the most NHL ready prospects due to him already playing in a mens league. Amazing vision and playmaking ability.

If you watch the video you can see some tough side of him. Getting into fights , throwing hits etc

Old
04-09-2013, 11:49 AM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Don't want to create a new thread here, especially being the enemy, but has anyone heard any details on how to score tickets for the draft? A friend and I are looking to make the trip up.
Nothing yet that I'm aware of. I wanted to go to the draft in Pittsburgh last year and they released tickets in early June. In previous years, I seem to recall LA/Minnesota releasing tickets much earlier.

Old
04-09-2013, 01:17 PM
Jack Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
He is more of a finesse player, however he isnt a soft guy. Decent size who is willing to go to the dirty areas . He is one of the most NHL ready prospects due to him already playing in a mens league. Amazing vision and playmaking ability.

If you watch the video you can see some tough side of him. Getting into fights , throwing hits etc
57 hits in 48 games.

Old
04-09-2013, 01:25 PM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Quote:

Just because this team has no scoring and is inconsistent doesn't make smart, 2-way centers less valuable. I would take Monahan on this squad in a second.
That's the kid I would like to see us draft as well.

Old
04-09-2013, 01:49 PM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
When can we get tickets?

Old
04-09-2013, 03:38 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:

I would too, cause he has some offensive skills to boot. I just made that comment cause I didn't really know what style Elias Lindholm played and didn't want to land the next MPS with a top #10 pick.

Even if he's a total stud, I'd rather go the route of a North American forward instead of another Swede. We've struck out one and half times when going with Swedes (forwards) in the past couple of tries, since I still have some hope for Josefson, but I'd feel more "comfortable" going with Monahan, Shinkaruk, Erne, Domi, Mantha, etc...

Just my opinion. Maybe it'll change when I'll do a little more research about Elias Lindholm, who knows.

Old
04-09-2013, 04:30 PM
SteveCangialosi123

Quote:

.84 - D. Sedin (50gp)
.74 - P. Forsberg (23gp)
.69 - H. Sedin (49gp)
.63 - E. Lindholm (48gp)

damn this kid looks good. against men too which makes it more impressive. id take him in a heartbeat

Old
04-09-2013, 04:43 PM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feed Me A Stray Cat View Post
When can we get tickets?
When the Devils announce it.

Old
04-09-2013, 06:03 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCangialosi123 View Post
damn this kid looks good. against men too which makes it more impressive. id take him in a heartbeat
And his name is Elias. When Patty leaves, Lindholm can step right in. There must always be one Elias on the Devils!

Old
04-09-2013, 06:08 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
And his name is Elias. When Patty leaves, Lindholm can step right in. There must always be one Elias on the Devils!
Poor Steve and Chico if they were on the same line. Imagine if Lindholm somehow got #28 tooo . Jesus Christ.

Old
04-09-2013, 07:59 PM
B A T M A N
Risen

Lindholm is a stud. Would probably be the best prospect we've had in a long time besides Larsson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Just like how there must always be a Stark in Winterfell?

Old
04-09-2013, 08:37 PM
Czech Trio
from jersey

Draft Elias, aquire Hampus

Josefson, Tedenby, Lindholm, Lindholm, Larsson, Hedberg, Tallinder, + random 6th round Swede

new Red Wings

Old
04-10-2013, 03:08 AM
FirmestPiano

Quote:

He definitely does, and I'd say he's a mix of both. Good on the forecheck and likes to lay out some hits now and then. Also isn't afraid to go to the dirty areas in front of the net. Actually played in front of the net on the PP for Sweden during the WJC.

Has played wing this season for Brynäs, centered by his cousin Calle Jarnkrok (Wings prospect). Natural position is center though, will be interesting to see what position he'll play next season when Jarnkrok isn't there. His father was a hockey player as well. Was drafted by the Kings but only managed 18 games or so in the NHL.

Has great hockey IQ, terrific passing and vision, decent shot, fluent skater with good speed. Decent size, about 6'0-6'0.5/192lbs. He really does have all the tools to become a great NHL player. Unfortunately he'll probably not be available when we pick. You never know though, F Forsberg did fall to 11 last year after all, so there's always hope.

Old
04-10-2013, 04:04 AM
Devils Unseen Hand

One of the players' the Devils need to draft is Tyrell Goulbourne.

Picture a young, David Clarkson. Except this kid skates better, can shoot & score & fights as well. He'd definitely would turn into a fan favorite by his style of play. Moreover, he's also a good looking black kid & that could help bring in more of the surrounding area of The Rock as new fans too.

It also helps that the kid has his head on straight from many of the reports I've read on him.

Old
04-10-2013, 05:26 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czech Trio View Post
Draft Elias, aquire Hampus

Josefson, Tedenby, Lindholm, Lindholm, Larsson, Hedberg, Tallinder, + random 6th round Swede

new Red Wings
I have no problem with the Devils turning into team IKEA. Some of the posters on the board seem to want us to stop drafting Swedes, which seems silly to me. BPA, always. Doesn't matter if he's from Mimico, Moscow, or Mars.

Old
04-10-2013, 07:22 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
He definitely does, and I'd say he's a mix of both. Good on the forecheck and likes to lay out some hits now and then. Also isn't afraid to go to the dirty areas in front of the net. Actually played in front of the net on the PP for Sweden during the WJC.

Has played wing this season for Brynäs, centered by his cousin Calle Jarnkrok (Wings prospect). Natural position is center though, will be interesting to see what position he'll play next season when Jarnkrok isn't there. His father was a hockey player as well. Was drafted by the Kings but only managed 18 games or so in the NHL.

Has great hockey IQ, terrific passing and vision, decent shot, fluent skater with good speed. Decent size, about 6'0-6'0.5/192lbs. He really does have all the tools to become a great NHL player. Unfortunately he'll probably not be available when we pick. You never know though, F Forsberg did fall to 11 last year after all, so there's always hope.
I know a youtube clip doesn't really showcase the true talent of a player... but that right there was just awesome. The kid is a stud playmaker and like you said, isn't shy about going in the rough areas to make it happen.

Is it just me or did most of those clips happen when he was on the PP? Regardless, it shows that can he dangle in a phone boot and sees the ice real real well.

How far is he from coming over to NA, a year or two?

Old
04-10-2013, 08:18 AM
FirmestPiano

Quote:
I know a youtube clip doesn't really showcase the true talent of a player... but that right there was just awesome. The kid is a stud playmaker and like you said, isn't shy about going in the rough areas to make it happen.

Is it just me or did most of those clips happen when he was on the PP? Regardless, it shows that can he dangle in a phone boot and sees the ice real real well.

Some were certainly on the PP, especially in the beginning there were a decent amount of them. He did have a decent amount of PPG (7), so he's definitely a threat on the PP both as a playmaker but also as a scorer.

I'd say a year, would be good with another year in the SEL playing as a center with more responsibility than he had this year.

Old
04-10-2013, 08:21 AM
Tretyak 20

Quote:

Can you imagine a kid with that kind of puck-rushing/playmaking ability on a line with Kovy? I know I can!

Closed Thread