HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

The All-Purpose Goaltending Thread #10

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2013, 01:12 AM
WeekendAtBernies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
You read far too much into everything. You are the antithesis of BP1974. For as much as he blindly defends him, you blindly hate him.
I don't blindly hate Bryz. I've always wanted Bryz to succeed here. I still do. I was cautiously optimistic when we first signed him, the caution coming from knowing Phoenix played a defensive shell style and also from hearing Phoenix fans who were happy he was gone and were warning us about him.

Any hatred I have for Bryz has been well-earned via his inconsistent play and more-so his terrible attitude / low compete level. And to be honest, I don't really "hate" him. I hate his contract (Homer's fault), I hate the fact that he's been extremely inconsistent, but for the most part Bryz has struck me as a nice guy who just can't hack it here as a goalie. And I can't "hate" a guy personally because he's not a good hockey player. But his attitude has started to rub me the wrong way and it has made me start to dislike Bryz the person. With the amount of money he's being paid, he could at least act like he cares about the fans / playing in Philadelphia. He could at least act like he doesn't want to be bought out and would prefer to stay and help right the ship. He could at least admit that he hasn't been good enough this season, shoulder some of the blame and say he's committed to getting better (rather than quoting Wayne Gretzky to explain his save %).

As far as my latest comments, I guess now it's too much to ask to have a goalie who actually wants to play for your team or at the very least has the common sense to fake it as long as he's in Philly.

I cannot for the life of me understand what is going through his head when he decides to hold court w/ the media prior to a must-win game (if we wanted to have any chance of making the playoffs) and then proceeds to say he doesn't care if he's bought out and doesn't really care if he's playing in Philadelphia next year. Why couldn't he just dodge the question like 99.99% of the players league wide would? Or how about just towing the party line and saying you want to be in Philly no matter what?

Maybe you can explain it to me... what was the point of those comments? What is beneficial about feeding nuggets like that to the media?

I can understand the poor / inconsistent play, it happens to mediocre goalies and that's what he is. And I can "tolerate" him being overpaid, at least till he's bought out. That's not his fault, that's on Homer + Snider. But what I can't tolerate is his lack of competitiveness. No cup winning goalie has ever shrugged in response to poor play and a benching and said "What can I do?" No cup winning goalie responds that he doesn't care if he's bought out or if he's playing in a different city next year. No cup winning goalie responds to a nearly dead-last in the league save percentage by acting like he's played at a world beating level and quoting Wayne Gretzky saying stats are overrated.

Old
04-10-2013, 01:21 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
You forgot to mention how they needed 5 goals to win again.
Actually philly needed 3 goals to win if that retard didn't put the puck into his own net. And it was only 4-1 because of the empty netter.

I watched the game since I get the fishstix broadcast, and mason looked solid overall. The 2 fishstix goals against weren't terrible goals, and the 3rd goal against was his own teammate right after he made a great save. It's really hard for a goalie to stop his own teammate from putting it in because he's not expecting it. It's kind of like getting sucker punched.

Old
04-10-2013, 01:34 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Team View Post
Actually philly needed 3 goals to win if that retard didn't put the puck into his own net. And it was only 4-1 because of the empty netter.

I watched the game since I get the fishstix broadcast, and mason looked solid overall. The 2 fishstix goals against weren't terrible goals, and the 3rd goal against was his own teammate right after he made a great save. It's really hard for a goalie to stop his own teammate from putting it in because he's not expecting it. It's kind of like getting sucker punched.
You're going to get a response about how Giroux is a terrible leader and everything's his fault.

Old
04-10-2013, 06:49 AM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:

Stop with your common sense. He was trying to "make a point".

Old
04-10-2013, 07:28 AM
flyersguy33*

ill just leave this link here

http://www.courierpostonline.com/art...TS04/304090053

Old
04-10-2013, 07:29 AM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
For as much as he blindly defends him.......

i saw Mason look behind him with 7 minutes left, i saw a few bobbled rebounds, i saw some juicy rebounds [3rd period, left leg, right out to the point man], one goal that went through him & poor body language after goal #2

i don't blindly defend, Bryz. I just don't kill him [or any goalie] for the things above & always take into account this team's flaws.

Bryz would have been killed around here, for the things above, if that was him last night. But not by me .....

Nor will i kill Mason for those things / last night's game. he was fine. i'd like to see him after 21 straight starts of that slop effort the Flyers "unleashed" on their opponent.

i'm fair to both of our goalies.

i hope Mason can overcome this teams problems in the future. last night he couldn't.

Old
04-10-2013, 07:30 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:

Gus tripping when desperately trying to prevent a goal in a one goal game makes him a retard? **** happens, it wasn't his fault.

Overall I think mason was ok but I think if the team had any hopes for making the playoffs the flyers need a goalie who can stop the first two goals on most nights. Right now I don't think either goalie is capable of that. Here's to hoping the flyers get an new goalie coach and next yr is different. If not the flyers will be looking to fill both the starter as well as the back-up position which will be very difficult.

Old
04-10-2013, 07:59 AM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat sauce View Post
Like I said, I hope the idiot gets booed out of the WFC tomorrow.

Old
04-10-2013, 08:00 AM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:

The first two goals were goals an NHL goaltender needs to stop.

As far as the goal that his own teammate put in, three words:

Poor.
Rebound.
Control.

You have a lot to learn if you want to sound off on goaltending in a Flyers forum.

Old
04-10-2013, 08:07 AM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Did you bother to read the article? The title is a sensationalist title to only start problems.

Them buying him out is out of his control. Why worry about something that he can't control?

04-10-2013, 08:12 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Did you bother to read the article? The title is a sensationalist title to only start problems.

Them buying him out is out of his control. Why worry about something that he can't control?
Yeah, I think something was lost in translation there.

If he had said "I'm not worried" rather than "I don't care," I can't see how anyone would object.

Old
04-10-2013, 08:19 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:

This dude just straight up personally hates Bryzgalov for whatever reason. He may be in the same camp as Bobby Clarke to hate everything Russian. Russian dressing is cool with me.

Also, regarding that headline, yellow journalism at its best. You can't take anything Bryzgalov says without thinking about it first. He has constant struggles with the language and things such as context/subtext. Give the dude a break. He'll get bought out, you'll be happy, he'll be happy he's not being personally criticized, we'll all move on.

04-10-2013, 08:20 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post

If he had said "I'm not worried" rather than "I don't care," I can't see how anyone would object.
I honestly thought, outside of the horrible title to the article, was a good article to read and liked what he said. However, it is and isn't out of his hands. His play can determine if they want to buy him out, but are they willing to buy him out, eating that much money in the process and so on. It's a business. Hell, Luongo is doing well enough and I guess a few people on these boards have thought of him as being a buyout target. So even if you do well, you can still be targeted for an amnesty.

Happy he got to work with Reese some more, hopefully to improve something.

And yes, he is getting older.

Quote:
This dude just straight up personally hates Bryzgalov for whatever reason. He may be in the same camp as Bobby Clarke to hate everything Russian. Russian dressing is cool with me.
It's essentially the same as Thousand Island dressing, which I like.

Old
04-10-2013, 08:22 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post

If he said that the same people would call him out for not being competitive and working to fix his game by worrying or some ridiculous argument.

Old
04-10-2013, 08:26 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

By the way, that article was written by Randy Miller. Randy Miller is the same guy who suggested trading Couturier and a 2nd for Ben Bishop.

Old
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
By the way, that article was written by Randy Miller. Randy Miller is the same guy who suggested trading Couturier and a 2nd for Ben Bishop.
Yeah... that's ****ed up.

Old
flyersguy33*

Quote:

no I didn't bother to read what I posted. I'd thought I just post it for ***** and giggles. obviously I read it and if that was me, I wouldn't say I don't care I would say I am going to play great so I dont look like a ****ing lazy ass fool and be the one to be bought out. at least have some fight. hes a bum who has no ambition or motivation. he sucks. get him outta here

Old
04-10-2013, 08:28 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
no I didn't bother to read what I posted. I'd thought I just post it for ***** and giggles. obviously I read it and if that was me, I wouldn't say I don't care I would say I am going to play great so I dont look like a ****ing lazy ass fool and be the one to be bought out. at least have some fight. hes a bum who has no ambition or motivation. he sucks. get him outta here
Now say it in Russian.

Old
04-10-2013, 08:28 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5775
He also stole a Russian translation from Dimitry Chesenkov last year and cried about it when he got caught and BSH called him out on it. Sucks Dave Isaac has to be associated with him, because he's even worse than Panotch.

Old
04-10-2013, 08:33 AM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
does it matter who wrote it when the quotes came directly from the bum himself?

Old
04-10-2013, 08:34 AM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I'm not sure if you have had any interaction with people who aren't native speakers, but a lot of stuff gets lost in translation. I'd like to see you try and learn a language as hard as english is and then try to not get stuff lost in translation.

Old
04-10-2013, 08:44 AM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
does it matter who wrote it when the quotes came directly from the bum himself?
Insane isn't it? Not only does he receive every excuse in the book for his play; but apparently blatantly stating he gives two ***** is instantly defended and twisted into translation issues.

Old
04-10-2013, 08:46 AM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
I'm not sure if you have had any interaction with people who aren't native speakers, but a lot of stuff gets lost in translation. I'd like to see you try and learn a language as hard as english is and then try to not get stuff lost in translation.
its not like he just came over from Russia and never answered simple questions before with pretty straight forward answers

Old
04-10-2013, 08:49 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
its not like he just came over from Russia and never answered simple questions before with pretty straight forward answers
Straight forward for someone who probably didn't really learn English till he was drafted, and at that point, is harder to learn a language than growing up with dual languages (a country like Sweden actually teaches both English and Swedish... I think?). ****, Bob came here in his early 20s and he still can barely speak English. Malkin has been here for a while (and so has Semin) and they have a lot of problems still.

Old
04-10-2013, 08:51 AM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Straight forward for someone who probably didn't really learn English till he was drafted, and at that point, is harder to learn a language than growing up with dual languages (a country like Sweden actually teaches both English and Swedish... I think?). ****, Bob came here in his early 20s and he still can barely speak English. Malkin has been here for a while (and so has Semin) and they have a lot of problems still.
"Do you want to be a flyer next year" I don't think its too hard to not understand that question

Closed Thread