HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Emergence of Ray Emery as the #1 goaltender

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-30-2013, 10:32 AM
  #51
Ilrider
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Chicago Burbs
Country: United States
Posts: 351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
*Among Blackhawk fans who know what they're talking about and don't make judgments on each goalie based solely on their two or three most recent games.

An asterisk I forgot to add.
Oh I see. So you are the omniscient poster with over 7000 posts and anybody who disagrees with you is automatically wrong and can't possibly know anything. Then I guess the thread should just be locked since only one line of thought is accepted on a discussion board. I am looking at Crawford's career as a whole, and he had proven nothing beyond being an average goaltender. Not saying Emery is a #1 goaltender, but come playoff time, we need to go with the guy that gives us the best chance to win, and I have seen nothing from Crawford in big games that gives him the automatic nod. Emery has more experience much deeper in the playoffs than Crawford also.

Ilrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 10:58 AM
  #52
BobbyJet
Registered User
 
BobbyJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dundas, Ontario. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilrider View Post
Oh I see. So you are the omniscient poster with over 7000 posts and anybody who disagrees with you is automatically wrong and can't possibly know anything. Then I guess the thread should just be locked since only one line of thought is accepted on a discussion board. I am looking at Crawford's career as a whole, and he had proven nothing beyond being an average goaltender. Not saying Emery is a #1 goaltender, but come playoff time, we need to go with the guy that gives us the best chance to win, and I have seen nothing from Crawford in big games that gives him the automatic nod. Emery has more experience much deeper in the playoffs than Crawford also.
Oh there are a few of those here. You're exactly right. This time around, Q can't afford to repeat the mistake of gifting either goalie the starting job. If Hawks go down in the 1st round again this season, it may cost Q his job.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 05:44 PM
  #53
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!
 
Sir Psycho T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Redwood City, CA
Posts: 3,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Oh there are a few of those here. You're exactly right. This time around, Q can't afford to repeat the mistake of gifting either goalie the starting job. If Hawks go down in the 1st round again this season, it may cost Q his job.
If the Hawks go out in the first round again it better cost more then Q his job. I would want Bowman gone too. I can't entirely blame Q when Bowman gives him a team that isn't built to win in the playoffs and still have 1-2 big holes that he didn't address.

Now if Bowman makes moves to address the holes and Q still can't do it then fine but till then it's one both of them.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 05:59 PM
  #54
LandofLincoln
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
I think Ray has played well enough to get the start tomorrow afternoon.

PS .... Bishop is still available. Bernier as well, but the price tag may be too high for him.

True. I agree.

However, we have back to backs against Detroit & Nashville. I think if Q plays Emery ahead of Crawford against Detroit then it starts a media controversy.

So I'm guessing Crawford on Sunday against the Wings and Emery on Monday unless Crawford shuts out Detroit.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:01 PM
  #55
LandofLincoln
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,598
vCash: 500
If Crawford pulls a spectacular performance against Detroit then Q should award him back to backs.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:08 PM
  #56
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion
 
Chris Hansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 10,165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilrider View Post
Oh I see. So you are the omniscient poster with over 7000 posts and anybody who disagrees with you is automatically wrong and can't possibly know anything. Then I guess the thread should just be locked since only one line of thought is accepted on a discussion board. I am looking at Crawford's career as a whole, and he had proven nothing beyond being an average goaltender. Not saying Emery is a #1 goaltender, but come playoff time, we need to go with the guy that gives us the best chance to win, and I have seen nothing from Crawford in big games that gives him the automatic nod. Emery has more experience much deeper in the playoffs than Crawford also.
Hm? I wish I was omniscient. That'd be awesome.

But yes, you're wrong.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:10 PM
  #57
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion
 
Chris Hansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 10,165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Exactly, the knee jerking on this forum is amazing. People are making decisions based on a 2 game stretch and not the entire season and past performances.
Exactly.

Also, everyone needs to listen to me because I'm all-knowing and am always right.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 07:01 PM
  #58
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!
 
TorMenT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Rockford, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
If the Hawks go out in the first round again it better cost more then Q his job. I would want Bowman gone too. I can't entirely blame Q when Bowman gives him a team that isn't built to win in the playoffs and still have 1-2 big holes that he didn't address.

Now if Bowman makes moves to address the holes and Q still can't do it then fine but till then it's one both of them.
Every team has holes. I don't understand why so many people on this board think that you need to have the best player at every position. A perfect team doesn't, and will never exist. Bowman has given Q enough to work with. I'm not saying he can't improve it and make it better, but Q has enough to win a cup with. If our big guns perform, we can beat anyone with a little help from the bottom 2 lines. Our goaltending and defensive play has been good enough. Sure there have been a few last minute collapses, but if our touted offense could put up just 1-2 more points a game, those last minute goals for the opponent wouldn't even matter. Losing 2-1, even if the opponent scores in the last minute, should be credited to our offense not putting up enough points just as much, if not more than our defense/goaltending allowing that last goal.

TorMenT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:28 AM
  #59
McDooRoo
Registered User
 
McDooRoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wyoming
Country: United States
Posts: 412
vCash: 500
Every team has things they need to improve on Chicago isn't any different.

I don't like Crawford's rebound control, but I think at times Emery gets too out of position and catches lucky breaks.

For all the per se holes we have we sure looking pretty going into the playoffs. I trust our coaching staff knows a hell of lot more than any of us posting our message board coaching expertise.

Saying Q should get canned if we go out in the first round is like saying if the Penguins go out in the first round then their coach should get canned. It isn't like Q is the dude Colorado.

I can tell if by chance we win the Cup I will come on here and there will be people *****ing about the holes we have on this team......just saying

McDooRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 05:44 AM
  #60
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 23,950
vCash: 500
as it looks right now, Q sees them more as #1a #1b guys. Emery starts to get quality games like that Ducks game.

I worry about goaltending going into the POs.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 06:42 AM
  #61
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!
 
Sir Psycho T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Redwood City, CA
Posts: 3,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
Every team has holes. I don't understand why so many people on this board think that you need to have the best player at every position. A perfect team doesn't, and will never exist. Bowman has given Q enough to work with. I'm not saying he can't improve it and make it better, but Q has enough to win a cup with. If our big guns perform, we can beat anyone with a little help from the bottom 2 lines. Our goaltending and defensive play has been good enough. Sure there have been a few last minute collapses, but if our touted offense could put up just 1-2 more points a game, those last minute goals for the opponent wouldn't even matter. Losing 2-1, even if the opponent scores in the last minute, should be credited to our offense not putting up enough points just as much, if not more than our defense/goaltending allowing that last goal.
I am so sick of this argument, it's so pathetic.

So because every team has holes lets just ignore ours and act like they don't exist. Lets do nothing to make this team better because other teams have holes too.

Ray Shero is a moron for even trying what an idiot, HAHAHAHAHA! that complete retard tried to better his team, he can't make them perfect so why even try, I mean what's he trying to do? WIN? HAHA I can't stop laughing at his stupidity.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 06:43 AM
  #62
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!
 
Sir Psycho T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Redwood City, CA
Posts: 3,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Exactly.

Also, everyone needs to listen to me because I'm all-knowing and am always right.
OK! Tell me what to do.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 08:49 AM
  #63
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!
 
TorMenT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Rockford, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
I am so sick of this argument, it's so pathetic.

So because every team has holes lets just ignore ours and act like they don't exist. Lets do nothing to make this team better because other teams have holes too.

Ray Shero is a moron for even trying what an idiot, HAHAHAHAHA! that complete retard tried to better his team, he can't make them perfect so why even try, I mean what's he trying to do? WIN? HAHA I can't stop laughing at his stupidity.
If you read my whole post, you would have seen that I said they should still try to better the roster. Reading is hard.

My argument was against people who say things like we have no chance at a cup this year because we have one spot were weak. Every team that's ever won a cup hasn't been perfect at every position. Even if we don't get a good 2C at the deadline, we still have a shot at the cup. Would be much better to fill the hole, though.

TorMenT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:04 AM
  #64
BobbyJet
Registered User
 
BobbyJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dundas, Ontario. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
If you read my whole post, you would have seen that I said they should still try to better the roster. Reading is hard.

My argument was against people who say things like we have no chance at a cup this year because we have one spot were weak. Every team that's ever won a cup hasn't been perfect at every position. Even if we don't get a good 2C at the deadline, we still have a shot at the cup. Would be much better to fill the hole, though.
Wishful thinking there.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:17 AM
  #65
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!
 
TorMenT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Rockford, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Wishful thinking there.
That's our only glaring weakness. Every team has small weaknesses, and it's not even possible to address all of them.

TorMenT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 10:04 AM
  #66
BobbyJet
Registered User
 
BobbyJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dundas, Ontario. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
That's our only glaring weakness. Every team has small weaknesses, and it's not even possible to address all of them.
The addition of 'glaring' being the key and I assume you are referring to our vacancy at 2nd line center. There are other significant issues, perhaps less glaring however and they've been discussed ad nauseun.. If a team like Pens go for 3 additions a week before the TD, I'm sure we need to do something as well.

BTW ... Thankfully his salary is outrageous, otherwise I'd be nervous about Stan biting for Kaberle.... I'm only half joking about that.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 04:05 AM
  #67
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!
 
Sir Psycho T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Redwood City, CA
Posts: 3,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
If you read my whole post, you would have seen that I said they should still try to better the roster. Reading is hard.

My argument was against people who say things like we have no chance at a cup this year because we have one spot were weak. Every team that's ever won a cup hasn't been perfect at every position. Even if we don't get a good 2C at the deadline, we still have a shot at the cup. Would be much better to fill the hole, though.
No you didn't you went on and on about how this roster is fine and Q needs to win with them. You never actually said Bowman should try to better you said he could make it better.

Then you throw your reading is hard blast which makes you look like a complete fool since you never actually said what you are saying you did. But way to crack on me for reading and comprehending what you wrote while you didn't. Ironic.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:08 AM
  #68
BobbyJet
Registered User
 
BobbyJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dundas, Ontario. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,094
vCash: 500
Phew ... Kaberle cleared waivers.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:27 PM
  #69
LandofLincoln
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,598
vCash: 500
Crawford hasn't done anything to lose the starting job.

I think this was Emery's third shutout in the last 5 games. He's red hot at a good time.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 12:44 AM
  #70
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 23,950
vCash: 500
Craw hasn't done much to lose it other than let in a few softies but Emery is stealing the job right now...

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 08:46 AM
  #71
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!
 
TorMenT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Rockford, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,842
vCash: 500
If you ask me, it's Emerys job to lose at this point.

TorMenT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:22 AM
  #72
Sarava
Moderator
 
Sarava's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Naperville, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 8,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
*Among Blackhawk fans who know what they're talking about and don't make judgments on each goalie based solely on their two or three most recent games.

An asterisk I forgot to add.
Corey Crawford has been up and down and inconsistent throughout most of his 8 years as a pro in the Blackhawks organization. You're trying to label those that disagree with you as something they are not.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:24 AM
  #73
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 24,844
vCash: 10592
So if Emery is the starter, what are they going to do in the offseason about the goaltending?

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:27 AM
  #74
Sarava
Moderator
 
Sarava's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Naperville, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 8,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
So if Emery is the starter, what are they going to do in the offseason about the goaltending?
You know how Q is. When Emery has one bad game, it will be Crawford's job again. He just doesn't get the slack from Q that Crawford has been getting the last 3 years.

As for what they'll do in the summer. Who knows. let's see how the playoffs play out first. Whatever happens - barring a shocking drop in the draft (like when TT fell to the Hawks last summer), I'd really like the Hawks to try to use that top pick on a goaltender. I'd like to have a top prospect goaltender for a change. The system has enough depth to do this.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:30 AM
  #75
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 24,844
vCash: 10592
Yeah, we'll see how it plays out but if Emery starts for us in the playoffs, I want nothing to do with either of the two after this playoffs. Emery will be priced out of what he is worth by an amazing amount of money and Crawford will have lost trust and failed. You don't bring a guy like that back as your starter. We'll have to see how this plays out.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.