HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Game#40 TORONTO @ NYR

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2013, 10:36 AM
Marco Esquandolas
Registered Abuser

vCash: 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didact View Post
Frattin and Gardiner healthy scratches again? Man Carlyle can be an arrogant sob.
Worked last time, didn't it?

Old
04-10-2013, 10:37 AM
gabeliscious

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor99 View Post
Really?

If I had to choose who i'd like to see on the top of their game right now, it would be Kessel over Grabo 10/10.
despite kessel having game breaking ability, if he continues how is right now i dont think there is a problem. he is ppg and developing a "two way game" (compared to a few years ago). if he continues as is into the playoffs i think we are fine.

in contrast, a hot grabovski would give us 3 scoring lines which would go a long way in the playoffs considering our average defense and non luongo goaltending situation.

im leaf success will come from grabovski, jvr, and phaneuf getting hot. kessel is slow and steady which is why people dont realize that he actually is being productive out there. phaneuf is having a good season but come playoffs we will need leadership. jvr is in the same boat as grabovski, if he wakes up again it will go a long way for us. in the playoffs depth usually separates the teams that go far and those that dont.

lupul-kadri-kulemin
jvr-bozak-kessel
macarthur-grabovski-frattin
komorov-mclemment-hamilton/orr

^^^ 4th line is basically a 3rd line shutdown checking line. 3rd line is defensively responsible but able to chip in secondary scoring.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:37 AM
Eb
TML

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Stallone View Post
Not surprised. JC didn't play very well in the last game; losing battles all over the place. A guy with his size shouldn't be getting knocked off the puck so easily like that.
Disagree. Thought he played well considering his lack of ice time and line mates.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:41 AM
Eb
TML

Quote:
Frattin and Gardiner healthy scratches again? Man Carlyle can be an arrogant sob.
Wtf are you talking about?

He is an "arrogant sob" because of this?

Old
04-10-2013, 10:45 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
The team played very well. We need all the size we can get in the line-up against the Rags.

04-10-2013, 10:47 AM
Didact
Nonis lost his mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eb View Post
Wtf are you talking about?

He is an "arrogant sob" because of this?
he's healthy scratched decent players for long streches (Liles) when other players like Kostka and Holzer (at the time) played while playing worse. Once your in the dog house, he leaves you there for a long time, until a change is needed. Heck despite Komisarek playing decent, he got scratched and never got an opportunity to come back. Komorov should be on the 4th line, and Frattin has sat enough. I highly doubt Hamilton will bring much today and what he specializes in, can be replaced by the guys we have.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:47 AM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Kill Icing View Post
Greg Wyshynski ‏@wyshynski 42m

This bugged me to no end. Every time, NHL standings link would be division by default. Doesn't even make much sense in current format. Glad they changed it last week to conference (which I think is only because playoffs are near).

Btw, the person who tweeted is Puck Daddy from Yahoo!
Neat, used to be a pet peeve of mine as well.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:48 AM
Marco Esquandolas
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eb View Post
Disagree. Thought he played well considering his lack of ice time and line mates.
Lack of ice time and playing with Orr/McLaren wasn't causing him to lose one-on-one battles, or to get knocked off the puck by guys smaller than him.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:48 AM
Yosho
Logic

Quote:
Not surprised. JC didn't play very well in the last game; losing battles all over the place. A guy with his size shouldn't be getting knocked off the puck so easily like that.
I absolutely disagree.

I thought he had a good game on the 4th line. I didn't see him lose many battles...

Old
04-10-2013, 10:49 AM
N4Z3M LUPUL

go leafs!!, (wont be able to watch much of this one due to my own hockey )

nice GDT by the way!

Old
04-10-2013, 10:54 AM
Marco Esquandolas
Registered Abuser

I don't know what to say, then. I watched the game on GCL twice and wasn't impressed with Colborne at all. I guess the coaching staff felt the same way and wanted to send a message. It can be awful frustrating to watch such a big guy lose battles that he could easily win if he put in a bit more of an effort. We've all seen how he can dominate behind the opposing net at times, using his size to protect the puck. If he could do that with more consistency then if nothing else he could probably carve himself out a role in the bottom six.

Last edited by Marco Esquandolas: 04-10-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Old
04-10-2013, 10:55 AM
CanadasTeam
HFBoards Sponsor

GDT is very nice for a last minute

04-10-2013, 10:55 AM
Asif16*

WHy do people constantly complain about Carlyles lineup changes and what not. We are winning arent we??

Old
04-10-2013, 10:57 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif16 View Post
WHy do people constantly complain about Carlyles lineup changes and what not. We are winning arent we??
Pfffttt.. Since when is winning good enough?!

Old
04-10-2013, 10:58 AM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

Quote:
I don't know, you'd think he deserve the benefit of a doubt after all he's done.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:01 AM
The Viper
Legolas

vCash: 90
Let's outhit the Rangers this time!!!!

Old
04-10-2013, 11:12 AM
FlareKnight

Let's face it, at this point in the year it's not about developing guys it's winning the games. If Carlyle doesn't think they are going to help win the games they are going to sit. (Of course god knows why McLaren and Orr are both constantly in the lineup to only play a few minutes per game, but whatever).

At any rate this is a good game to keep increasing that distance between us and the teams below us. Also a chance to really throw the wrench into the Rangers playoff chase.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:21 AM
Clark4Ever

Nice GDT!

I must say, there are many talented posters on this Forum.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:29 AM
SprDaVE

Definitely need to get Frattin back in there at some point. But hard to argue against the lineup being iced now.

I still think trading MacArthur for some futures to give the icetime to Frattin would have been wise though.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:30 AM
Eb
TML

Quote:
he's healthy scratched decent players for long streches (Liles) when other players like Kostka and Holzer (at the time) played while playing worse. Once your in the dog house, he leaves you there for a long time, until a change is needed. Heck despite Komisarek playing decent, he got scratched and never got an opportunity to come back. Komorov should be on the 4th line, and Frattin has sat enough. I highly doubt Hamilton will bring much today and what he specializes in, can be replaced by the guys we have.
Frattin and Gardiner haven't been playing well at all. We won with the team we had on Monday night, so he is awarding those players.

Frattin or Gardiner are not centers, Hamilton is. He switched him and Colbourne. It has no relation to him not playing Frattin or Gardiner.

To call someone an arrogant sob for going with the team that won on Monday is out of line.

Quote:
Lack of ice time and playing with Orr/McLaren wasn't causing him to lose one-on-one battles, or to get knocked off the puck by guys smaller than him.
I didn't see this being bumped off the puck by smaller guys. I saw good breakouts and board play though.

So again, I disagree.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:36 AM
Clark4Ever

Quote:
Yeah, what an arrogant SOB he is trying to secure our first playoff berth in a decade by playing the guys that deserve to continue playing.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:37 AM
CanadasTeam
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I think mostly just from the “vocal” ones.

I bet if there was a poll, I'd be willing to bet Carlyle's approval rating will be on the high side. Even the media barely has anything mildly negative/controversial to write about him.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:39 AM
leafs1habs0
Burn the Boats

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcleex View Post
AGREED. When Nash scored his first goal driving hard to the net Reimer just stayed standing up. I don't know what he was thinking as the puck slid between his legs at 10 km/h.
A simple 2 pad stack would have stopped him I was pretty angry ...
I think his normal butterfly would have been sufficient too. The only thing I can surmise is that he's weary of fully getting bowled over if Nash gets pushed into the crease coming wide.

Doesn't make too much sense to be standing upright in that situation otherwise.

We are bound to see Nash try again from the outside tonight, so hopefully Reims plays it better this time around.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:40 AM
blueNwhite89

Can't argue with the lineup remaining intact seeing as we're playing NYR again under similar pressure (and came out with the W the first time). I'd like to see Frattin and Gardiner eased back in as soon as Saturday, however.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:41 AM
mcleex

Quote:
Exactly. I trust that Carlyle is making the right decisions with who he puts in. He puts players in when they deserve it and takes them out when they aren't playing as good as they should be

He doesn't put a player in because he's a big name or because he gets paid more salary. That's what's different about this Leafs team and why we are in a playoff position - because we have depth

If you aren't playing good or you are slacking then there's 3 or 4 guys sitting out looking over your shoulder just waiting for you to **** up so they can get in

Closed Thread