HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nathan Beaulieu sent down to Hamilton (April 18th, 2013)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-08-2013, 05:39 PM
  #426
MJG
Registered User
 
MJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,185
vCash: 500
I hope they stop calling him Natan.

MJG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 06:21 PM
  #427
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,986
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJG View Post
I hope they stop calling him Natan.
He's Na-tan great. I hope we trade him.

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 07:10 PM
  #428
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
You're too young to remember Chelios as a rookie. I'm not saying NB is Chelios of course, but he's ****ing talented, and FAST. In his skating, and passing. I am really pleased with the call up, and very pleased at NB's development this year.

NB looks NHL ready next year.
I dont disagree with you regarding Beaulieu. He has the talent to succeed.

I was just responding to the poster who dismissed Boullion as a lot of people here tend to do.

Boullion is still a better DMan this season than Beaulieu. Next year we get a chance to re-evaluate that assessment.

To say otherwise is simply letting the fan part of the brain overtake the rational part of the brain.

I am older than you think.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 01:14 AM
  #429
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 22,568
vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
We talkin' about practice
practice?


Team_Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 01:24 AM
  #430
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
If he sticks long term, he'd be the 9th youngest player in the NHL right now (3rd youngest D behind Brodin and Hamilton).

Last 13 games in the AHL:
3 goals
9 assists
12 points
+6

Would be pretty awesome if he can pull a 09/10 Subban in the playoffs.
Yeah those numbers are similar to what Subban put up in Hamilton towards the end of his rookie season. But Subban was much better defensively and much, much stronger on his skates.

BaseballCoach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 01:39 AM
  #431
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 15,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Umm no, the obvious call-up was Tinordi by a fair margin. Habs D squad becomes way less physical with the loss of Emelin and Tinordi is the only one that can replace that aspect.

That being said, having Beaulieu on the 2nd pp wave will give us a major boost for sure .
Just because you categorize Tinordi as "physical" doesn't mean that he is right now and he certainly doesn't yet measure up to Emelin. As you say, Beaulieu brings his own set of skills to the PP.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 01:40 AM
  #432
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Yeah those numbers are similar to what Subban put up in Hamilton towards the end of his rookie season. But Subban was much better defensively and much, much stronger on his skates.
It might be closer than you think, actually.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Just because you categorize Tinordi as "physical" doesn't mean that he is right now and he certainly doesn't yet measure up to Emelin. As you say, Beaulieu brings his own set of skills to the PP.
Few players bring what Emelin brings.

Mrb1p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 02:01 AM
  #433
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,798
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Yeah those numbers are similar to what Subban put up in Hamilton towards the end of his rookie season. But Subban was much better defensively and much, much stronger on his skates.
This. The big difference between Subban and Beaulieu back then is that he's getting out-muscled by NHLers, Subban was ready physically.

QuebecPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 08:03 AM
  #434
MalcomOdd
Registered User
 
MalcomOdd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
More of Beaulieu please

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
This. The big difference between Subban and Beaulieu back then is that he's getting out-muscled by NHLers, Subban was ready physically.
I have not noticed much of Beaulieu defensively - yeah , always a good sign , but offensively, not doing anything fancy but found him secure and solid. There is no freight to see him with the puck, and we can remain very optimist about him getting more ice time.

MalcomOdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 08:14 AM
  #435
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 32,331
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
You're too young to remember Chelios as a rookie. I'm not saying NB is Chelios of course, but he's ****ing talented, and FAST. In his skating, and passing. I am really pleased with the call up, and very pleased at NB's development this year.

NB looks NHL ready next year.
He could definitely play NHL full time next year but they may err on the side of caution and start him AHL. His defense still needs some work and he needs to get stronger(heavier) physically.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 08:22 AM
  #436
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 28,788
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJG View Post
I hope they stop calling him Natan.
I prefer that to what the guys on CBC and TSN have called him. "BULE-EE-UU"

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:00 AM
  #437
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1
 
HarlemsFinest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
ranjanathanaparan bealieu

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:07 AM
  #438
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,338
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Heads up play on the 2nd Eller goal. Kid is dynamite offensively already and I think playing with players with higher offensive IQ will relate to higher NHL stats than AHL stats.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:18 AM
  #439
MonkeyBusiness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
He's Na-tan great. I hope we trade him.
You hope we trade him? See this is why us habs fan can't have good players on this team. Do you realize how hard it is for a 20 year old playing in the NHL? Beaulieu is actually pretty good defensively too, I hate this mentality that offensive d-men can't be good in their own zone also. He just needs to fill out his frame and he's going to be a beast.

MonkeyBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:13 AM
  #440
AmeriHab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 464
vCash: 500
If NB plays well the rest of the regular season and shows anything like what PK did in his first playoffs, will that make Markov expendable this off season or at the draft while he still has high value? I like Markov but I'm terrified every time he's on the ice his career could be done

AmeriHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:15 AM
  #441
BRAD HABSFAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: JERSEY COAST
Country: United States
Posts: 369
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
You hope we trade him? See this is why us habs fan can't have good players on this team. Do you realize how hard it is for a 20 year old playing in the NHL? Beaulieu is actually pretty good defensively too, I hate this mentality that offensive d-men can't be good in their own zone also. He just needs to fill out his frame and he's going to be a beast.
i think he just pulled some monkey business on you

i have to admit his presence of mind with puck when he pumped, allowed dman to slide past him then shoot showed me a cool head. eller gets a nice tip and we got back in. NB moved the puck well, MT had him on ice in dying minutes and to me showed that a little more seasoning and he is ready to go..

BRAD HABSFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:19 AM
  #442
MonkeyBusiness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAD HABSFAN View Post
i think he just pulled some monkey business on you

i have to admit his presence of mind with puck when he pumped, allowed dman to slide past him then shoot showed me a cool head. eller gets a nice tip and we got back in. NB moved the puck well, MT had him on ice in dying minutes and to me showed that a little more seasoning and he is ready to go..
I liked his shot on goal, kept his head up the whole time and shot it close to Eller so he could have a chance at a tip.

MonkeyBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:39 AM
  #443
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 32,331
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriHab View Post
If NB plays well the rest of the regular season and shows anything like what PK did in his first playoffs, will that make Markov expendable this off season or at the draft while he still has high value? I like Markov but I'm terrified every time he's on the ice his career could be done
Um, No

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:46 AM
  #444
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,594
vCash: 500
I love what I see in this kid, he's really impressed me. I want someone to make him mad, he used to be able to throw em in junior... he'd beat the **** out of anyone who wanted a little love.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:34 AM
  #445
MTLScout
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 64
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
I love what I see in this kid, he's really impressed me. I want someone to make him mad, he used to be able to throw em in junior... he'd beat the **** out of anyone who wanted a little love.
My thoughts exactly. This guy had a mean streak in junior, he looks wayyyy to calm on the ice right now (which is good and bad). Can't wait till he really breaks out.

MTLScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:47 AM
  #446
Hullois
Somewhere in heaven
 
Hullois's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Québec
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,774
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
I love what I see in this kid, he's really impressed me. I want someone to make him mad, he used to be able to throw em in junior... he'd beat the **** out of anyone who wanted a little love.
He's still fairly good at that with the pros


Hullois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 05:33 PM
  #447
cphabs
It complels you!
 
cphabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: WNY
Country: United States
Posts: 789
vCash: 500
The kid has it. Seen him play for a while. Keep him up and enjoy. Finally!

cphabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 05:47 PM
  #448
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
You hope we trade him? See this is why us habs fan can't have good players on this team. Do you realize how hard it is for a 20 year old playing in the NHL? Beaulieu is actually pretty good defensively too, I hate this mentality that offensive d-men can't be good in their own zone also. He just needs to fill out his frame and he's going to be a beast.
Your sarcasm meter. It's broken.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 05:51 PM
  #449
MoldyCakes
Fight, Troll, Score
 
MoldyCakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland native
Country: United States
Posts: 7,514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLScout View Post
My thoughts exactly. This guy had a mean streak in junior, he looks wayyyy to calm on the ice right now (which is good and bad). Can't wait till he really breaks out.
Well, he hasn't really met up with a guy that could piss him off yet. Hopefully, it isn't Ott tomorrow because Ott will probably turtle again...

MoldyCakes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 06:44 PM
  #450
Guilliam
Registered User
 
Guilliam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,060
vCash: 500
I like that Beaulieu has some jam but he shouldn't be looking to rough things up in the NHL right now. He needs to get stronger before he starts doing it.

Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.