HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

David Desharnais - Black or White Edition

Closed Thread

Old
04-09-2013, 11:56 PM
WakeUpNHL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
DD production after the extension:

12gp 1 goal 5 assist 6 points +1

20+ shifts game, PP time, best wingers on the team.

Im sure MB expect better ( DD as well ), let's hope he gonna be better down the stretch and in the playoffs.
Suuuurrrre.... as the games get more physical and tight DD will start to shine.

Today:

Desharnais : 0 pts, -1, 1 SOG, 19:57 min (1:48 min on PP)
Lars Eller : 2 pts, +1, 3 SOG, 13:40 min (0.00 min on PP)

I hope Therrien wakes the F up and starts making some adjustments.

Old
04-10-2013, 01:05 AM
NHLFutureGuy3

We all know Desharnais is having a bad stretch. I, along with a few others, wanted him traded a while ago. However, his lack of production isn't good for anyone because even if we wanted to trade him, we wouldn't get any value out of him. Therrien has got to put him on a line with Bourque and Pacioretty so he has two guys with size along with him. That strategy worked last year.

Old
04-10-2013, 02:29 AM
CHwest

Time to try David on the wing, tell him his future with the org. depends on him doing well. I can see him being a piece of a draft day deal, he's a very useful player for a mid tier team, but has no place on a top tier team. As a centre that is, wing might be a different story, even then one of he and Gionta will have to go as we move forward. Shame really, as he has wonderful vision, although that's not transferring to the PP very well.

Old
04-10-2013, 02:51 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHwest View Post
Time to try David on the wing, tell him his future with the org. depends on him doing well. I can see him being a piece of a draft day deal, he's a very useful player for a mid tier team, but has no place on a top tier team. As a centre that is, wing might be a different story, even then one of he and Gionta will have to go as we move forward. Shame really, as he has wonderful vision, although that's not transferring to the PP very well.
So MB would give the guy a 4 years deal, while telling all the medias that DD is part of the future plans, only to change his mind a few weeks later, tell DD that his future is in jeopardy because of a little slump (6 points in 12 games, I've seen worse slumps than that...) and trade him in 2 months?

Many of you should stop taking their dreams for reality.

Old
04-10-2013, 03:14 AM
DAChampion

What is wrong with experimenting?

Try DD on the wing, opposite Pacioretty, centered by Galchenyuk in an offensive role.

Old
04-10-2013, 06:47 AM
WeThreeKings
#1 Centre

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I'd just be happy if DD was taken off the powerplay.. and DD + Gionta were never used in critical situations ever again.

Old
04-10-2013, 06:50 AM
WhiskeySeven*
Expect the expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
What is wrong with experimenting?

Try DD on the wing, opposite Pacioretty, centered by Galchenyuk in an offensive role.
Galchenyuk isn't that good at centre currently. And DD has the worst fundamentals I've seen in a long, long time. I hated the timing of his extension and now I'm sadly vindicated.

I just wish all three smurfs would leave the team already - DD, Bouillon and el Capitano. They lack so much talent for how often they're used, it's hurting the team.

Old
04-10-2013, 08:23 AM
danyhabsfan

Pacioretty - Eller - Desharnais
Ryder - Plekanec - Gionta
Bourque - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Prust - Halpern - Moen

Old
04-10-2013, 08:45 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by danyhabsfan View Post
Pacioretty - Eller - Desharnais
Ryder - Plekanec - Gionta
Bourque - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Prust - Halpern - Moen
I would keep Eller and Galchenyuk together for this year, they really compliment each other.

Old
04-10-2013, 09:50 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Galchenyuk isn't that good at centre currently. And DD has the worst fundamentals I've seen in a long, long time. I hated the timing of his extension and now I'm sadly vindicated.

I just wish all three smurfs would leave the team already - DD, Bouillon and el Capitano. They lack so much talent for how often they're used, it's hurting the team.
Gionta has one year left on his contract, i don't know if Bergevin will resign him though.

Bouillon can come in for onevyear, on a cheap deal, and be adequate. Eventually Tinordi beaulieu pateryn Ellis dietz thrower and nygren will compete for that spot, but not yet.

DD is not as horrible as he US playing this year.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:11 AM
Et le But

Desharnais is better than he looks currently, but probably not as good as he looked last year.

Which is why instead of trying to replicate last year, we should be experimenting to see if he can play on the wing.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:18 AM
Andy

For me it's not about the points. Desharnais can have 12 points in last 12 games, but if he got those points the way he has been playing, I wouldn't be happy. He's been, no offense to those who really like him, downright awful. I like DD, but he has to pick up his game not on the scoresheet, but on the actual ice.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:19 AM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Desharnais is better than he looks currently, but probably not as good as he looked last year.

Which is why instead of trying to replicate last year, we should be experimenting to see if he can play on the wing.
His 5 on 5 scoring rate is actually identical to last season. Its the PP where he is far off last year's pace.

Some of that may be that the Habs 2nd wave is dreadful because of who is on the points.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:25 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

Dont feel like reading through all these pages, but IMO DD hasnt been very good, but Pach has been worse. Has to be the most predictable player on the team and he isnt burying his chances.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:37 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
Dont feel like reading through all these pages, but IMO DD hasnt been very good, but Pach has been worse. Has to be the most predictable player on the team and he isnt burying his chances.
I think Pac has been better, he creates things everytime he's on the ice and gives his all. DD is the last one to enter the d-zone most of the time and last night I repeatedly saw Gallagher take his spot as center in the d-zone.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:00 AM
LyricalLyricist
Retired

I think most can agree that he needs to improve and we put this standard on him because we've seen him play better. A shake up is necessary. I don't oppose it whatsoever.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:03 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post

Desharnais is going nowhere this summer. Maybe in future years, who knows. But he'll be a Hab next season, no doubt about it. There's no law against having depth at center.
Don't be so sure. His performance is terrible. This is the truth, stop denying it, and Bergy will NOT be happy about this. He will correct this mistake if he must. For sure. There are bigger things to worry about than DD.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:03 AM
danyhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
I would keep Eller and Galchenyuk together for this year, they really compliment each other.
The point was to move Desharnais to wing position and Galchenyuk to center position.

I did put Galchenyuk and Gallagher back together. They really compliment each other too.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:06 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
So MB would give the guy a 4 years deal, while telling all the medias that DD is part of the future plans, only to change his mind a few weeks later, tell DD that his future is in jeopardy because of a little slump (6 points in 12 games, I've seen worse slumps than that...) and trade him in 2 months?

Many of you should stop taking their dreams for reality.
Desharnais is not going to be traded obviously since it'd mean Bergevin suddenly changed his mind on a player after a few weeks and sends a bad message. He's perhaps one of the safest players on the team in terms of being trade, ahead of perhaps even Plekanec/Gionta/Markov/etc.

His 'little' slump is almost half the season, last 17 games he's got 7 points. Those 12 games are after he signed the extension. That entire line is overrated due to 2 or 3 games and was carried by Gallagher's play. Now that he's slumping, the line can't do anything except watch Pacioretty shoot and continue being a liability in the D zone.

Signing DD so soon might prove to be an error and it's entirely possible he's just not as good as his point totals from last season. Clarke MacArthur on the Leafs for an example off the top of my head. He suddenly gets 62 points at the age of 25 in 10/11. Gets 2 year 3.25M cap hit extension, similar money DD got, and puts up 40 point paces those 2 years (similar to his seasons before his 62 point year). Now he will likely get less money than the extension he earned after his 62 point season. Desharnais gets 60 points as a 25/26 year old, now putting up 40-50 point pace numbers (similar to his 1st season).

Old
04-10-2013, 11:11 AM
bsl

Quote:
Gaston Therrien would go crazy.
Yeah so let's get a truly fantastic french superstar, like I've wanted for years, so we can lay this ******* thread about a minor 2nd line small struggling center to rest, and win a ******* cup. OK? ****. I really really hate this. DD fan boys: WE CAN HAVE BETTER FRENCH PLAYERS.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:14 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Desharnais is not going to be traded obviously since it'd mean Bergevin suddenly changed his mind on a player after a few weeks and sends a bad message. He's perhaps one of the safest players on the team in terms of being trade, ahead of perhaps even Plekanec/Gionta/Markov/etc.

His 'little' slump is almost half the season, last 17 games he's got 7 points. Those 12 games are after he signed the extension. That entire line is overrated due to 2 or 3 games and was carried by Gallagher's play. Now that he's slumping, the line can't do anything except watch Pacioretty shoot and continue being a liability in the D zone.

Signing DD so soon might prove to be an error and it's entirely possible he's just not as good as his point totals from last season. Clarke MacArthur on the Leafs for an example off the top of my head. He suddenly gets 62 points at the age of 25 in 10/11. Gets 2 year 3.25M cap hit extension, similar money DD got, and puts up 40 point paces those 2 years (similar to his seasons before his 62 point year). Now he will likely get less money than the extension he earned after his 62 point season. Desharnais gets 60 points as a 25/26 year old, now putting up 40-50 point pace numbers (similar to his 1st season).
He might not be traded right now, but after the 2013-14 season who really knows? I think it's crazy for you to say that Desharnais is a safer bet not to be traded than Plekanec. Pleks is the #1 center on this team.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:14 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo;63683257[B
]Desharnais is not going to be traded obviously since it'd mean Bergevin suddenly changed his mind on a player after a few weeks and sends a bad message.[/B] He's perhaps one of the safest players on the team in terms of being trade, ahead of perhaps even Plekanec/Gionta/Markov/etc.
You bet your ass Bergy will correct his mistake if DD continues like this. You're dreaming if you think not. DD will be on a plane faster than you can imagine if he keeps playing like this. Habs and Molson want a cup, and they don't care about DD fan boys. He better perform this PO, or he's gone.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:21 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
As much as I prefer Eller over DD in the long run, I find it hard to believe that DD will stay this bad on the PP for long. He really does have great vision. Usually players like him excel with the man advantage.
We're running out of time to think about it. We're not the Blue Jackets. We are close to contending. The PO will be DD's test.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:26 AM
bsl

Quote:
Collberg isn't ready to make the NHL, besides he will likely play another year or two in Frolunda before coming here full time. Desharnais is pretty much safe for 2 years counting this one until Chuckie is ready. After that who knows what will happen, we're in no rush to get rid of him.
He is not safe for two years, he is losing his job right now, as we speak, and you bet your ass he is already being discussed with Molson. We are a very near to being a contender. Wake up.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:29 AM
Habtchum*

The ideal center for the Habs would be a mix of Eller and DD. His name is Kopitar, or Toews. Size, vision., passing skills, speed, defensive awareness... Or Galchenyuk in two or three years.

Closed Thread