HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

The All-Purpose Goaltending Thread #10

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2013, 08:52 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dat sauce View Post
"Do you want to be a flyer next year" I don't think its too hard to not understand that question
I don't care to Bryzgalov probably roughly translates to "it's out of my hands."

04-10-2013, 08:54 AM
flyersguy33*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
I don't care to Bryzgalov probably roughly translates to "it's out of my hands."
sure

Old
04-10-2013, 08:55 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
sure
You must be fun with sarcasm...

Old
04-10-2013, 08:56 AM
Krishna

Quote:
"Do you want to be a flyer next year" I don't think its too hard to not understand that question
That's not what was asked.

He’s a candidate, first and foremost, because the Flyers could have trouble next season getting under the salary cap, which is dropping from $70.2 million this season to $64.3 million in 2013-14.

His thoughts?

“To be honest, I don’t care,” he said. “Really, I don’t care. I have no control on this, so why should I care?”

Bryzgalov was asked if he’d like to be a Flyer next season.

“You know, I have no control in this,” he said. “I can’t read the people’s mind. I can’t project things what they’re thinking, that’s why I’m not worried about things I can’t control. I maybe want one thing and they want a different thing.”

I don't know how you can read the last paragraph and not get that he wants to be a flyer and maybe they want to buy him out.

Old
04-10-2013, 09:19 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post

He’s a candidate, first and foremost, because the Flyers could have trouble next season getting under the salary cap, which is dropping from $70.2 million this season to $64.3 million in 2013-14.

His thoughts?

“To be honest, I don’t care,” he said. “Really, I don’t care. I have no control on this, so why should I care?”

“You know, I have no control in this,” he said. “I can’t read the people’s mind. I can’t project things what they’re thinking, that’s why I’m not worried about things I can’t control. I maybe want one thing and they want a different thing.”

I don't know how you can read the last paragraph and not get that he wants to be a flyer and maybe they want to buy him out.
Because it goes against their plan!

Old
04-10-2013, 10:35 AM
Bernie Parent 1974

lol .... Mason starts a game & the focus is on a Bryz interview.

at this point, i'd rather they buy him out & serve up another scapegoat for the forums

Old
04-10-2013, 11:02 AM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post

His thoughts?

he wasn't asked if he wanted to be a flyer next year?

Old
04-10-2013, 11:18 AM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
Insane isn't it? Not only does he receive every excuse in the book for his play; but apparently blatantly stating he gives two ***** is instantly defended and twisted into translation issues.
It's amazing to me that he can make a joke about Long Island's beaches perfectly fine, but when it comes to answering a simple question in English it's "translation issues".

Throughout his time in Orange and Black, Bryz has always been candid and honest in his interviews with the media, for better or WORSE. For the most part, I'd say for WORSE because the media has used several nuggets from Bryz interviews to pan him and/or to pan the entire team.

If he knows he's being asked a difficult question that could possibly be construed in the wrong way if he answers it improperly, why not just end the interview? Or why not just move past that question? Or why not just say "I love Philadelphia" and be done with it?

Bryzgalov is an intelligent man. I think most would agree he's an intellectual based on his past interviews, his hobbies/interests, etc. I have trouble accepting that an intelligent guy like Bryz doesn't understand the potential implications of answering a question from our beat writers with an answer that includes the words "I don't care". I liked it a lot better when Bryz wasn't speaking with the media.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:19 AM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
lol .... Mason starts a game & the focus is on a Bryz interview.

at this point, i'd rather they buy him out & serve up another scapegoat for the forums
You honestly think goalies making under 2 million will receive same criticism as ones making 5.7 mill ? If you do, your own agenda has completely taken over .

I think Bryz stays for 1 more year, as fiscally that is the right move. But we also have more $$ tied into the position, so big cuts will have to be made elsewhere, which is scary.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:21 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
You honestly think goalies making under 2 million will receive same criticism as ones making 5.7 mill ? If you do, your own agenda has completely taken over .

I think Bryz stays for 1 more year, as fiscally that is the right move. But we also have more $$ tied into the position, so big cuts will have to be made elsewhere, which is scary.
Leighton did scare a lot of people on these forums and he was under 2M...

Old
04-10-2013, 11:30 AM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:

I'm just curious, why do you think keeping Bryz for 1 more year is fiscally the right move?

If we keep him next year, we owe him $8 million.

If we amnesty him, then that $8M gets cut by 1/3 so now we only owe him $5.333M.

Then that 5.333M gets spread out over 14 years instead of just being paid in a single year.

If you assume a rather conservative 5% discount rate, the present value of those payments totals up to $3.959M

Which basically means that by not buying Bryzgalov out this summer, the Flyers would lose ~$4 million in real money, in addition to losing the 5.667M in cap space.

$4M would go a long way towards acquiring a good player, so I think the fiscally responsible thing to do would be to buy him out now.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:36 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
I'm just curious, why do you think keeping Bryz for 1 more year is fiscally the right move?

If we amnesty him, then that $8M gets cut by 1/3 so now we only owe him $5.333M.

Then that 5.333M gets spread out over 14 years instead of just being paid in a single year.

If you assume a rather conservative 5% discount rate, the present value of those payments totals up to $3.959M

Which basically means that by not buying Bryzgalov out this summer, the Flyers would lose ~$4 million in real money, in addition to losing the 5.667M in cap space.

$4M would go a long way towards acquiring a good player, so I think the fiscally responsible thing to do would be to buy him out now.
Do you think that the ~4M they save on the amnesty wouldn't still be there if he wasn't? It's not like that 4M will prohibit them from signing someone in the future.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:38 AM
flyersguy33*

rumor on the radio is that Bryz passed out in a team meeting. anyone else hear that? lol

Old
04-10-2013, 11:39 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
rumor on the radio is that Bryz passed out in a team meeting. anyone else hear that? lol
Who reported it?

Old
04-10-2013, 11:44 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Did they have the the team meeting in orbit? Well I hope it's nothing serious....

Old
04-10-2013, 11:49 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:

Whether its true or not I have feeling it's going to start getting ugly soon. Too much stuff coming out about him lately. The media are like vultures with Bryz right now.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:50 AM
phlflyer1

Quote:
Who reported it?
Apparently it was reported on 97.5 The Fanatic but denials are already coming out that it never happened.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...3628--nhl.html

Old
CyborgLindros

Per Carchidi: #Flyers deny report from THEIR FLAGSHIP RADIO STATION that Bryz was benched for sleeping at team meeting.

Old
flyersguy33*

Quote:
Who reported it?
I guess some reporters got wind of it and asked Kimmo and Simmonds about it. They say he didn't fall asleep though

Old
04-10-2013, 11:54 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
started a critical game over a goalie in the second year of a 9-year, $15-million contract.
In the article. Why are we all complaining again? That cap hit is a steal!

Also, what a stupid article by Wyshinski. He's hating on Bryz because Kimmo debunked a RUMOR. What

Old
04-10-2013, 11:54 AM
Mgkibbles

Oh who cares. He's gonna be packing his bags in a few weeks.

Old
04-10-2013, 12:06 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
In the article. Why are we all complaining again? That cap hit is a steal!

Also, what a stupid article by Wyshinski. He's hating on Bryz because Kimmo debunked a RUMOR. What
Yeah that guys an idiot. I never understand why the media gets bent out of shape when players, coaches, or management don't back up their stories that make someone look bad. Whether its true or not if you're expecting someone involved with the team to back your story up you're an idiot.

Old
04-10-2013, 12:10 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post

The math on that is so wrong.

The entire remaining 7 years is spread out over 14 years...

Talk about manipulating the numbers to support your point..

Old
04-10-2013, 12:12 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyborgLindros View Post
Per Carchidi: #Flyers deny report from THEIR FLAGSHIP RADIO STATION that Bryz was benched for sleeping at team meeting.
Well he was yawning on the bench when he got pulled for Mason.....there is video footage of that. If this is related in some way and is true...we really have a mental case on our hands and a bad teamate as Tocchet described him. For the sake of the Flyers and Bryz hopefully it is not true but yeah no surprise the team denies it...

Old
04-10-2013, 12:12 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
You honestly think goalies making under 2 million will receive same criticism as ......
what does Leighton make?
how many here give him a pass for costing us the CUP in '10 because he doesn't have a huge contract ?

exactly.

we all said "he sucks", not "it's OK, his cap hit is low"

Closed Thread