HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

David Desharnais - Black or White Edition

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2013, 11:29 AM
le_sean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Don't be so sure. His performance is terrible. This is the truth, stop denying it, and Bergy will NOT be happy about this. He will correct this mistake if he must. For sure. There are bigger things to worry about than DD.
There is zero chance he is moved this summer after signing an extension halfway through the season. It makes no sense. No one would be that quick to admit their own mistake.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:30 AM
macavoy

Quote:
You bet your ass Bergy will correct his mistake if DD continues like this. You're dreaming if you think not. DD will be on a plane faster than you can imagine if he keeps playing like this. Habs and Molson want a cup, and they don't care about DD fan boys. He better perform this PO, or he's gone.
Why are you all hyped up and over reacting with hyperbole?

First, who is active in the thread clamouring for DD because he is French? You seem to be the one commenting on that aspect and trying to use it negatively.

DD is producing at >0.5 ppg this season, he isn't going anywhere this summer unless someone approaches him with a really good offer.

The biggest stamp MB has put on this team so far is "player development". Look at the way he has sheltered Galchenyuk, look at the way he has developed our prospects, he won't be ruining them giving them too much too soon.

DD will be kept around another year so that Galchenyuk can grow and become a better center. He is our future, his long term development is the most important thing to this franchise.

For years we lacked depth on center, we finally have it and we are experiencing success as a result. I'd prefer to keep it that way in the interim.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:32 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
He is not safe for two years, he is losing his job right now, as we speak, and you bet your ass he is already being discussed with Molson. We are a very near to being a contender. Wake up.
Wake up? I'm not even a fan of DD but he will not be traded this offseason. The one after that is much more likely.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:34 AM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
There is zero chance he is moved this summer after signing an extension halfway through the season. It makes no sense. No one would be that quick to admit their own mistake.
And if DD bounces back next season and get over 60 points again... ?

Right now, DD is still paid peanuts. The big contract is starting next October.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:35 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHwest View Post
Time to try David on the wing, tell him his future with the org. depends on him doing well. I can see him being a piece of a draft day deal, he's a very useful player for a mid tier team, but has no place on a top tier team. As a centre that is, wing might be a different story, even then one of he and Gionta will have to go as we move forward. Shame really, as he has wonderful vision, although that's not transferring to the PP very well.
Good post. Decent and thoughtful. I want DD to succeed too, because I love the kid, and yes, because he is Chez Nous. (I grew up watching Savard and the rest, so that's understandable) but Habs cannot afford to have weaknesses at centre starting next year. They just cannot. This is going to become a big ****ing problem. What the hell was Bergy thinking?

Keep posting, very decent post.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:37 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
And if DD bounces back next season and get over 60 points again... ?

Right now, DD is still paid peanuts. The big contract is starting next October.
If he still hits 60 points he will be worth even more, I expect Galchenyuk to take the #2 center spot in in 2014-15. Eller is the perfect 3rd line center and we will likely keep him and Plekanec.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:41 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
He might not be traded right now, but after the 2013-14 season who really knows? I think it's crazy for you to say that Desharnais is a safer bet not to be traded than Plekanec. Pleks is the #1 center on this team.
Quote:
You bet your ass Bergy will correct his mistake if DD continues like this. You're dreaming if you think not. DD will be on a plane faster than you can imagine if he keeps playing like this. Habs and Molson want a cup, and they don't care about DD fan boys. He better perform this PO, or he's gone.
I'm talking this offseason. No chance. Goes against the image he's trying to put forth.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:42 AM
bsl

Quote:
Wake up? I'm not even a fan of DD but he will not be traded this offseason. The one after that is much more likely.
No. Wrong. Things are speeding up. Habs are becoming a contender. Players will be moved very quickly if not performing, or deemed hopeless/useless. Mistakes will be corrected without hesitation. Our first window, with Price, Subby, and Max leading, will be very tight, 2-4 years. Very few guys on this board realize this yet.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:42 AM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Good post. Decent and thoughtful. I want DD to succeed too, because I love the kid, and yes, because he is Chez Nous. (I grew up watching Savard and the rest, so that's understandable) but Habs cannot afford to have weaknesses at centre starting next year. They just cannot. This is going to become a big ****ing problem. What the hell was Bergy thinking?

Not every players are performing 100 per cent each year. Where were you last season when he was clearly the most productive center of the team and Eller was struggling ? The guy can rebound next season. Heis not a cheater nor a lazy player. I think his new contract is more stressful for him than a reason to sit back.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:43 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
No. Wrong. Things are speeding up. Habs are becoming a contender. Players will be moved very quickly if not performing. Mistakes will be corrected without hesitation. Very few guys on this board realize this yet.
I guess my crystal ball was wrong, how do you argue speculation?

Old
04-10-2013, 11:44 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Not every players are performing 100 per cent each year. Where were you last season when he was clearly the most productive center of the team and Eller was struggling ? The guy can rebound next season. Heis not a cheater nor a lazy player. I think his new contract is more stressful for him than a reason to sit back.
Last season Eller was struggling? He was 22, apples and oranges.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:47 AM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Last season Eller was struggling? He was 22, apples and oranges.
Eller is a 1st round pick. DDhas never been drafted and had to fight at every level to make himself a place.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:47 AM
pepperMonkey

Quote:

Umm...if you truly loved the kid then you would be rooting for him to do better and succeed...but unless I have otherwise been fooled, it seems you have only been advocating him been gone/replace/traded/etc.etc.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:49 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Eller is a 1st round pick. DDhas never been drafted and had to fight at every level to make himself a place.
So what's your point? Eller brings much more to this team than Desharnais does, and we have our future #1 and #2 centers here with Pleky and Chukie. Eller fits that 3rd line role.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:54 AM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

I just want DD off the power play. Goodness, this guy rarely shoots the damn puck and this makes easy for defenders to simply focus on the pass. He's a crappy (young) Gomez.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:54 AM
Milhouse40

Her's a little something to chew on for all of you.....

2010-2011

Average ice-time in wins: 11:55
Average ice-time in losses: 13:57

In the playoff of 2011

Average ice-time in wins: 9:56
Average ice-time in losses: 11:46

2011-2012

Average ice-time in wins: 17:09
Average ice-time in losses: 19:07

2012-2013

Average ice-time in wins: 16:07
Average ice-time in losses: 17:23

Call me crazy.....but this is a real problem right?
More DD get ice-time, biggest are the chances of loosing.
And as the numbers show up....it's been like that since day 1

In the last 10 games.....Habs won 6 and lost 4.

In the 6 wins, DD never played more than 17 minutes
In the 4 losts, DD played more than 17 minutes in 3 of them.

Not top 6 material. Isn't pretty obvious?

Just for the record, this year:

Plekanec
Average ice-time in wins: 19:46
Average ice-time in losses: 18:19

Eller:
Average ice-time in wins: 14:52
Average ice-time in losses: 14:46

Galchenyuk:
Average ice-time in wins: 12:22
Average ice-time in losses: 12:43

I think it's really time to get him off the top 6 center spot.
Eller really diserve it, at least a 4-5 games tryouts.

Same thing for the PP.....2 points in 33 games with regular PP (Gionta Too by the way)
Eller had 2 points in the only games he gets to be on the first 2 waves.
Even Gomez is better right now than DD on the PP (no joke)

I'm might be for some just a DD Basher.....but those numbers don't lie.
They are not cherry picks stats.....coincidence might happens for a year.....but not for 3 years in row.

Last edited by Milhouse40: 04-10-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Old
04-10-2013, 11:55 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
So MB would give the guy a 4 years deal, while telling all the medias that DD is part of the future plans, only to change his mind a few weeks later, tell DD that his future is in jeopardy because of a little slump (6 points in 12 games, I've seen worse slumps than that...) and trade him in 2 months?

Many of you should stop taking their dreams for reality.
Yes, Bergy can change his mind. It's the sign of a good manager. I do at work, it happens all the time.

What you're talking about is face. I hate face, it's soul killing, and damaging. If you like that, go work in China, they love that there and they can't manage ****. Trust me, I know.

DD is digging his hole, right now. You think anyone will complain of a trade if he plays like this another 40 games next year, while we're trying to grow and contend? I think not.

If Bergy is worried about face, we are ****ed.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:56 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
No. Wrong. Things are speeding up. Habs are becoming a contender. Players will be moved very quickly if not performing, or deemed hopeless/useless. Mistakes will be corrected without hesitation. Our first window, with Price, Subby, and Max leading, will be very tight, 2-4 years. Very few guys on this board realize this yet.
I'm with you on that one. We have 5 years after this season to win. We need to move FAST

Old
04-10-2013, 11:57 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
I just want DD off the power play. Goodness, this guy rarely shoots the damn puck and this makes easy for defenders to simply focus on the pass. He's a crappy (young) Gomez.
Gomez was a way better player at the same age. Gomez was arguably one of the best centers in the league a couple of years ago in New Jersey.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:57 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperMonkey View Post
Umm...if you truly loved the kid then you would be rooting for him to do better and succeed...but unless I have otherwise been fooled, it seems you have only been advocating him been gone/replace/traded/etc.etc.
I want a 25TH Cup before I die. Yes I love DD, but I do not think he will help us get that.

Old
04-10-2013, 12:03 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I'm with you on that one. We have 5 years after this season to win. We need to move FAST
Thank you. I don't think guys here are getting this yet.

You bet your ass Habs players are getting it, and they also will start resenting guys who do not perform in their roles.

And I bet DD and Max know this. It's not romper room anymore. This is a good team.

Old
04-10-2013, 12:20 PM
FormerLurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebinne4pres View Post
I'm might be for some just a DD Basher.....but those numbers don't lie.
They are not cherry picks stats.....coincidence might happens for a year.....but not for 3 years in row.
You are jumping to conclusions here. You are asserting that we lose *because* Desharnais plays more, and we win *because* he plays less.

Correlation does not imply causation. I suspect what's really happening is that Desharnais is given more ice time later in games that we are trailing, since he's primarily an offensive center and we need to score. Conversely, Plekanec is given more ice later in games that we are winning, since he's great defensively and we need to protect the lead.

Old
04-10-2013, 12:29 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Not to downplay how hard it was for DD to make the NHL, as someone his size is always going to be doubted, but it's not like Eller was 1st round pick because of his last name. He comes from a country where hockey is an afterthought, that's barely scouted. Coming from a hockey family helped him make the Swedish league perhaps, but he was drafted for his talent.

Old
04-10-2013, 12:31 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
This means nothing.

Old
04-10-2013, 12:34 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
agreed, cause that's when Eller is going to have to be signed and if all things keep going like this Galchenyuk and Eller will be 1-2 and there won't be room for Pleks and DD

Closed Thread