HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Lars Eller Thread - Great or Greatest Dane Edition

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2013, 12:07 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

vCash: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Amazing how DD still avoids having his line tinkered with.
John Lu ‏@JohnLuTSNMtl 7m
#Habs Therrien says he wants to keep Pacioretty and Desharnais together but is open to changes. Outright says he wants more production.

Old
04-10-2013, 12:15 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

vCash: 500
Bourque - Plekanec - Ryder
Galchenyuk - Eller - Prust
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Moen - Halpern - Gionta

Prut and Gallagher can be switched. Inb4 hate on gio 4th line. I know it sounds weird but there's 9 better guys than him right now and he's good defensively so I'm sure he'd be great with Halpern and Moen. Take him off PP, and put more Eller and Gally instead. Modano was the stars captain and was playing 4th line at the end, why not Gio?

Edit: Also, Gio will have another year left next year. We should really try to trade him july 1st+ and please god give the C to another forward next time.. it gives them immunity to 4th line.

Last edited by MooseOllini: 04-10-2013 at 12:20 PM.
Old
04-10-2013, 12:18 PM
Andy

Man I love Eller. If only he had Plekanec's swag and "I don't care" attitude. Plecky is all business on the ice.

Old
04-10-2013, 12:19 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
#Habs Therrien says he wants to keep Pacioretty and Desharnais together but is open to changes. Outright says he wants more production.
Good to hear. I would like to see what Pacioretty can do with a different centre though. Also I want to see Pacioretty on a line where he's not relied upon to do the grinding below the goal-line and along the walls, since that is not when he is most effective.

Old
04-10-2013, 12:24 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
At least Therrien is aware, now he better change things up if he doesn't get the production from them

Old
04-10-2013, 12:27 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Man I love Eller. If only he had Plekanec's swag and "I don't care" attitude. Plecky is all business on the ice.
Eller looks like someone you'd want to punch on the ice Everybody is always mads at him.

I really think we should hire BGL as a conditioning coach or what ever, give them some tips on fighting. I'd love seeing Eller fight(and win) all those stars (Karlsson, Giroux come to mind) It would be amazing.

Old
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
At least Therrien is aware, now he better change things up if he doesn't get the production from them
I'm pretty sure he's always aware of everything going on with his team. The thing is we've been winning, so it buys time for guys like Pacioretty and Desharnais. If we start loosing, I'm sure we'll see some reactive actions from MT.

Old
Andy

didn't notice, but Eller has 67 hits this year. On Pace for about 148 hits in a season. Interesting when you consider he had 72 all of last season and 85 the year before that.

Old
04-10-2013, 12:28 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Eller looks like someone you'd want to punch on the ice Everybody is always mads at him.

I really think we should hire BGL as a conditioning coach or what ever, give them some tips on fighting. I'd love seeing Eller fight(and win) all those stars (Karlsson, Giroux come to mind) It would be amazing.
AHaha, Eller does piss off people a lot. I also like the fact that he isn't afraid of anyone.

Old
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
didn't notice, but Eller has 67 hits this year. On Pace for about 148 hits in a season. Interesting when you consider he had 72 all of last season and 85 the year before that.
Well he did gain 10 pounds of muscle this offseason.

Last edited by MonkeyBusiness: 04-10-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Old
Mrb1p

Quote:
He'll be a consistent 100 hit guy, which is really good.

He really looks like the C version of AK, just with a bit more consistency and emotion

Old
04-10-2013, 01:05 PM
Et le But

Quote:
But I heard on hfboards that he's soft.

Old
04-10-2013, 01:33 PM
Milhouse40

Quote:
For a center it's really good......

24th in the NHL in hits for a center!
29th in the NHL for blocked shot for a center!
30th in the NHL for takeaway for a center!

Old
04-10-2013, 01:36 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseOllini View Post
I'm pretty sure he's always aware of everything going on with his team. The thing is we've been winning, so it buys time for guys like Pacioretty and Desharnais. If we start loosing, I'm sure we'll see some reactive actions from MT.
Exactly. Big part of our success this season is stability, screw this Carbonneau changing the lines every freacking period method. Every linemate knows each others lanes on the ice, proof is that you see our forwards goung from left to right and less north-sourth, instead of looking lost, it has become an asset.

Old
04-10-2013, 02:03 PM
SouthernHab

After watching the game last night and reading the PGT and this thread, I am officially jumping on the Eller bandwagon.

If Eller would have been on the PP for the full 2 minutes, we would have scored a goal and the game would have gone to OT.

I am also realizing that Eller just needs more ice time. If we double his ice time to say somewhere around 28-30 minutes per game, his output will double as well. This team needs those extra 6 goals down the stretch and in the playoffs.

I'm all in for Eller. 25 minutes + per night and full power play use and I am going to book us as Cup winner this season.

I wondered what was keeping us from being a top team in the NHL. My eyes have been opened.

Go Eller Go!!!!!!!

Old
04-10-2013, 02:08 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
After watching the game last night and reading the PGT and this thread, I am officially jumping on the Eller bandwagon.

If Eller would have been on the PP for the full 2 minutes, we would have scored a goal and the game would have gone to OT.

I am also realizing that Eller just needs more ice time. If we double his ice time to say somewhere around 28-30 minutes per game, his output will double as well. This team needs those extra 6 goals down the stretch and in the playoffs.

I'm all in for Eller. 25 minutes + per night and full power play use and I am going to book us as Cup winner this season.

I wondered what was keeping us from being a top team in the NHL. My eyes have been opened.

Go Eller Go!!!!!!!
You are really one of the most objective poster of all time.
You whine about people hating on DD, you whine about people hating on Price, yet you do the same thing to Eller and completely discredit everything he has done ...

REMEMBER 4TH LINER AT BEST

Old
04-10-2013, 02:10 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Good to hear. At least Therrien is open to changes, unlike the predecessor-who-shall-not-be-named sticking with Gomaize until his death....We just need a few losses to make it happen. It happened before this season.

Old
04-10-2013, 02:16 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post

Go Eller Go!!!!!!!
Hypocrisy and straw men. Yawn.

Par for the course.

Old
04-10-2013, 02:18 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post

You want to hire the guy that signed a big deal with us and showed up in garbage shape as a conditioning coach?

A boxing coach perhaps, although being the athlete and the coach are two things entirely. But I'm pretty sure all the guys that fight, like the Prust or Thornton of the league, all take boxing lessons.

Old
04-10-2013, 02:20 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
You want to hire the guy that signed a big deal with us and showed up in garbage shape as a conditioning coach?

A boxing coach perhaps, although being the athlete and the coach are two things entirely. But I'm pretty sure all the guys that fight, like the Prust or Thornton of the league, all take boxing lessons.
I said Conditoning because I don't think any team really have a boxing coach

Old
04-10-2013, 02:21 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseOllini View Post
It certainly does buy them time, however, you shouldn't wait until you lose before making changes either.

The DD line has been unimpressive since the beginning of the year. They have good games here and there, but the DD/MaxPac duo hasn't clicked as much as it did last year.
Meanwhile, we have a young big center that has started to blossom since the beginning of the year. Eller should have been given a shot as a 2nd center, and DD should have been moved to the wing.

Old
04-10-2013, 02:27 PM
Kriss E

Quote:

Don't mess with this kid.

Old
04-10-2013, 02:30 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:

Again... people shop his face so he looks ugly

Old
04-10-2013, 02:32 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:

Looks like a dork. Maybe a beard would do him well. Maybe.

Old
04-10-2013, 02:57 PM
Andy

lmao

Closed Thread