HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#40 - 04/10/2013 | Toronto Maple Leafs @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-10-2013, 01:04 PM
  #51
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing
 
Megustaelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 6,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker McDonald View Post
I'm so disappointed. I'm going to the game tonight and whenever I go to a game, I wear my jersey all day. When I went for lunch, the god damn ketchup dispenser didn't shoot down into that little ketchup cup. It went straight at my white Stepan jersey, which had a Lundqvist and Richards autograph on it. I'm afraid to say the jersey cannot be saved. She will remain on the LTIR indefinitely.

****. Now I have to wear a Ranger tee-shirt to the game.
I'll also be at tonight's game, but my shirt will remain stained. it would be super if I could get through a meal without wearing any portion of it. I don't have an emergency shirt here and have to go straight to the Garden from work. If you don't get your stain out, I think you should wear the jersey anyway out of solidarity.

Megustaelhockey is online now  
Old
04-10-2013, 01:10 PM
  #52
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain
 
Ryan McDonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garian Maborik View Post
Hagelin - Richards - Clowe
Zucc - Stepan - Nash
Kreider - Brassard - Callahan
Powe - Boyle - Asham

Need to call up Kreider first though.
Those are great lines. Oh well

Ryan McDonut is online now  
Old
04-10-2013, 01:40 PM
  #53
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garian Maborik View Post
Hagelin - Richards - Clowe
Zucc - Stepan - Nash
Kreider - Brassard - Callahan
Powe - Boyle - Asham

Need to call up Kreider first though.
I also like those lines a lot. Kreider played well with Stepan and Callahan last year in the playoffs. The real reason being is he was playing with two defensively responsible forwards. It made up for Kreider's defensive liability and allowed him to play his offensive game. From what Brassard has shown, he would be able to provide the same. Torts needs to figure this the **** out. Enough is enough. Kreider should be here and Pyatt should be in the press box.

RGY is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 01:55 PM
  #54
16 To Stanley*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
I also like those lines a lot. Kreider played well with Stepan and Callahan last year in the playoffs. The real reason being is he was playing with two defensively responsible forwards. It made up for Kreider's defensive liability and allowed him to play his offensive game. From what Brassard has shown, he would be able to provide the same. Torts needs to figure this the **** out. Enough is enough. Kreider should be here and Pyatt should be in the press box.
Still lost as to why Kreider was sent down in the first place.

16 To Stanley* is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 01:58 PM
  #55
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 15,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
Still lost as to why Kreider was sent down in the first place.
Tortorella believes he is not defensively responsible enough to be up with the big club for the playoff push.

I really like those lines though.

silverfish is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 02:03 PM
  #56
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!
 
Amazing Kreiderman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 5,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Tortorella believes he is not defensively responsible enough to be up with the big club for the playoff push.

I really like those lines though.
Yet, Miller got chance after chance...

__________________
There are two types of people in this world: those who can extrapolate from incomplete data;
Amazing Kreiderman is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 02:06 PM
  #57
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 15,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing Kreiderman View Post
Yet, Miller got chance after chance...
No arguments from me, my friend.

Prepare for endless comments about how Miller showed confidence with the puck and was trying to generate chances which is why Torts kept him in, yet Kreider was passive and not effective in his time with the Rangers, hence the quick trigger finger.

Do I agree with that analysis?

Hell no. When Kreider came up to the Rangers for the second time the dude was flying on the ice, and even made a handful of great defensive plays as far as I can remember. And if Miller's confidence with the puck was skating between two forecheckers right through Lundqvist's crease, well, I'd take timid over that any day. Before he was sent down, Miller was a turnover machine. Due to confidence? No. Overconfidence. He wasn't ready and it was painfully obvious. I'm glad he's back with the Whale.

silverfish is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 02:06 PM
  #58
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 19,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing Kreiderman View Post
Yet, Miller got chance after chance...
They both should be down in the AHL, as neither are ready for the NHL.

The problem here isn't that Kreider is in Connecticut, the problem is Miller wasn't sent down soon enough.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 02:12 PM
  #59
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,933
vCash: 500
Anything less than a win is unacceptable.

Dz-Girardi need to be broken up.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 02:22 PM
  #60
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Tortorella believes he is not defensively responsible enough to be up with the big club for the playoff push.
After watching him play 5 shifts in his last game up. I'm still scratching my head on that one.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 02:26 PM
  #61
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,946
vCash: 500
Guys who need to step up tonight:

Del Zotto
Hagelin*
Cally
Brassard
RICHARDS
Gaborik lol

Im not even going to mention the Pyatts and Powes. It seems to me like they aren't concerning themselves with adding any offense to this team. I mean really. Still waiting for that big goal from the 4th line from one of these two (Ala Asham against Wash).

And re Powe - I dont understand how a guy whos averaged 7 goals and 14 points for 4 seasons be that unproductive offensively. I mean hes not even getting shots, let alone chances. Its putrescense.

* The Rangers really need him to snap back into form. Im hoping the timing is right, ill be patient if he decides to turn on the lights with 2-3 games remaining.


Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 04-10-2013 at 02:32 PM.
HockeyBasedNYC is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 02:28 PM
  #62
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 9,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Guys who need to step up tonight:
Everyone not named Nash, Stepan, Lundqvist.

nevesis is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 02:32 PM
  #63
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Everyone not named Nash, Stepan, Lundqvist.
I added two more for you

HockeyBasedNYC is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 02:33 PM
  #64
WeWillWinTonight
Registered User
 
WeWillWinTonight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garian Maborik View Post
Hagelin - Richards - Clowe
Zucc - Stepan - Nash
Kreider - Brassard - Callahan
Powe - Boyle - Asham

Need to call up Kreider first though.
I like that a lot Kreider should be playing

WeWillWinTonight is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 02:34 PM
  #65
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 15,654
vCash: 500
We should have looked into acquiring Ryan Jones at the deadline. He'd look great on that third line RW with Hags and Brass. Would bump Boyle to line 4. I guess he's an unnecessary piece though, since Dorsett will surely be that guy upon being healthy *fingers crossed*

silverfish is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 02:34 PM
  #66
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 19,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Guys who need to step up tonight:

Del Zotto
Hagelin*
Cally
Brassard
RICHARDS
Gaborik lol

Im not even going to mention the Pyatts and Powes. It seems to me like they aren't concerning themselves with adding any offense to this team. I mean really. Still waiting for that big goal from the 4th line from one of these two (Ala Asham against Wash).

And re Powe - I dont understand how a guy whos averaged 7 goals and 14 points for 4 seasons be that unproductive offensively. I mean hes not even getting shots, let alone chances. Its putrescense.

* The Rangers really need him to snap back into form. Im hoping the timing is right, ill be patient if he decides to turn on the lights with 2-3 games remaining.
Agreed about Powe. His incompetence offensively has been upsetting.

However, I still thank the hockey gods everyday we got him for Rupp.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 02:35 PM
  #67
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
We should have looked into acquiring Ryan Jones at the deadline. He'd look great on that third line RW with Hags and Brass. Would bump Boyle to line 3. I guess he's an unnecessary piece though, since Dorsett will surely be that guy upon being healthy *fingers crossed*
Dorsett will be that guy. Boyle has looked good on that wing actually, but Dorsett will bring a lot to this teams top-9.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 02:37 PM
  #68
WhatThePuck
"Shoots Wide" !!!
 
WhatThePuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Location: Location
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,557
vCash: 500
I have a feeling Clowe gets one tonight and the Rangers bounce back with the "W" !!

WhatThePuck is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 02:43 PM
  #69
JeffMangum
Registered Ab-user
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 57,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
Still lost as to why Kreider was sent down in the first place.
He isn't ready yet.

When are people going to get over the whole Kreider thing? He needs time in the AHL. That's not Tortorella's fault.

__________________
Everything about you is bringing me misery.
JeffMangum is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 02:49 PM
  #70
Kane One
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 28,804
vCash: 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
He isn't ready yet.

When are people going to get over the whole Kreider thing? He needs time in the AHL. That's not Tortorella's fault.
Was Miller ready? Kreider has been called up and sent down like three times since Miller has been in the NHL.

Miller has been noticeably worse than Kreider, but Tortorella kept playing him. Not only that, Miller should have been sent down so his contract could have slid another year. Aside from his first two games, he hasn't been anything special at all.

__________________
Kane One is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 02:51 PM
  #71
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,946
vCash: 500
Ohhhh do i really want to win this game tonight, outright.

Score first.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 02:51 PM
  #72
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker McDonald View Post
Was Miller ready? Kreider has been called up and sent down like three times since Miller has been in the NHL.

Miller has been noticeably worse than Kreider, but Tortorella kept playing him. Not only that, Miller should have been sent down so his contract could have slid another year. Aside from his first two games, he hasn't been anything special at all.
The difference is Miller was making mistakes our of aggression or over-enthusiasm. Kreider sat back too much. And then the trades were made and he wasn't going to be getting a lot of time. It's better for him to play a ton down in the AHL.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 02:53 PM
  #73
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
The difference is Miller was making mistakes our of aggression or over-enthusiasm. Kreider sat back too much. And then the trades were made and he wasn't going to be getting a lot of time. It's better for him to play a ton down in the AHL.
If Miller's enthusiasm was being demonstrated through turnovers or cutting through 2 fore checkers by skating through Hank's crease, I'll take Kreider any day.

Both of them should have in the A.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 02:53 PM
  #74
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker McDonald View Post
Was Miller ready? Kreider has been called up and sent down like three times since Miller has been in the NHL.

Miller has been noticeably worse than Kreider, but Tortorella kept playing him. Not only that, Miller should have been sent down so his contract could have slid another year. Aside from his first two games, he hasn't been anything special at all.
I can't agree with that. Sure he wasnt producing offensively but he was doing a lot of good thing. Up until the last half dozen or so games where he regressed and started giving the puck away to anyone not wearing a Rangers sweater.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 02:54 PM
  #75
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,559
vCash: 500
Hopefully the defensemen decide to come to the rink tonight.

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.