HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Playoff avatars

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-10-2013, 01:13 PM
  #76
Kegger
Moderator
 
Kegger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Texas
Country: Chile
Posts: 2,844
vCash: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrovechkin8 View Post
Agreed.

Yeah yeah yeah. You guys have been saying that since Sunday, and our playoff odds have continued to go up.

Kegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 01:46 PM
  #77
Mr Gone
Green = Man of Glass
 
Mr Gone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,312
vCash: 520
We could twist OV with the Lord of the Rings "Return of The King" or Star Wars "Return of The Jedi"

Mr Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 01:49 PM
  #78
QuadrupleDeke
33% more deke
 
QuadrupleDeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 4,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadrupleDeke View Post
2013 Washington Capitals
You Forgot To Flush™
Ovechkin's a floater?

You forgot to flush.

QuadrupleDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 01:51 PM
  #79
fedfed
Moderator
@FedFedRMNB
 
fedfed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Moscow City
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadrupleDeke View Post
2013 Washington Capitals
You Forgot To Flush™
Winner.

Ovi - You Forgot To Flush

Green - You Forgot To Flush

Backstrom - You Forgot To Flush

Holtby - You Forgot To Flush

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 02:07 PM
  #80
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM
 
RandyHolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Poland
Posts: 24,379
vCash: 50
How about these




RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 02:23 PM
  #81
AlexBrovechkin8
Registered User
 
AlexBrovechkin8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Old Town, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegger View Post
Yeah yeah yeah. You guys have been saying that since Sunday, and our playoff odds have continued to go up.
I said, "agreed" with /thread because "You Forgot to Flush" is the best idea, not end thread because it's a jinx.

Also, those fail pictures are spectacular. How about adding Oates Face in as well?


AlexBrovechkin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 02:28 PM
  #82
SlappaDaBass
Registered User
 
SlappaDaBass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 167
vCash: 500


Jeff, you forgot to flush.

SlappaDaBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 05:18 AM
  #83
Kegger
Moderator
 
Kegger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Texas
Country: Chile
Posts: 2,844
vCash: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrovechkin8 View Post
I said, "agreed" with /thread because "You Forgot to Flush" is the best idea, not end thread because it's a jinx.

Also, those fail pictures are spectacular. How about adding Oates Face in as well?

Ah ha! My apologies.

Kegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 06:23 AM
  #84
Acallabeth
Play fair, post fair
 
Acallabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kemerovo, Russia
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,309
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
You forgot to flush is what I like too.
He may have played his last game in the Caps uniform, but still, Orlov, you forgot to flush



MarJo

Acallabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 08:44 PM
  #85
Kegger
Moderator
 
Kegger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Texas
Country: Chile
Posts: 2,844
vCash: 510
Jinx!

Kegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 01:56 AM
  #86
InfernalDark
Blooddrunk
 
InfernalDark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hellsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 583
vCash: 50
Needs some Kirilenko, our lucky charm

InfernalDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 12:19 PM
  #87
fedfed
Moderator
@FedFedRMNB
 
fedfed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Moscow City
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,559
vCash: 500
I re-thought the idea a bit. I think instead of fail photos, we need photos of smiling/laughing players, and lower what people said about them and their number/name (frame 1) and then "you forgot to flush" 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs / Washington Capitals in frame 2.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 01:04 PM
  #88
Kegger
Moderator
 
Kegger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Texas
Country: Chile
Posts: 2,844
vCash: 510
Lord Stanley garbage can!

Kegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 01:06 PM
  #89
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,146
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
I re-thought the idea a bit. I think instead of fail photos, we need photos of smiling/laughing players, and lower what people said about them and their number/name (frame 1) and then "you forgot to flush" 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs / Washington Capitals in frame 2.
If that's really the theme everyone wants, I agree with this as the way to do it.

This classic picture comes to mind:


Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 01:48 PM
  #90
Kegger
Moderator
 
Kegger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Texas
Country: Chile
Posts: 2,844
vCash: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberati0n View Post
If that's really the theme everyone wants, I agree with this as the way to do it.

This classic picture comes to mind:

WASHED UP?!

YOU FORGOT TO FLUSH!

Kegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 02:32 PM
  #91
fedfed
Moderator
@FedFedRMNB
 
fedfed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Moscow City
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,559
vCash: 500
Here's my first attempt at it:




Font is Franchise Bold, one of my favs. Very readable, IMO. (Of course, it will all get scaled down, but I tested it and that was OK even with the small size).
http://www.derekweathersbee.com/franchise/ -- download font from developer's site.

Here are more technical details. I can send 'raw' files (with layers) for edit if anyone needs it:
Created with GIMP, Original size: 400x400, Background color (HTML) #940000
Frame 1:
Picture space: 400x276
Text space: 400x124
First line of text: 55 px, all lowercase
Second line of text: 90 px, all caps
Frame 2:
Background: Head of Weagle
First line of text: 58 px, all lowercase
Second line of text: 84 px, all caps
Third line of text: 60 px, all caps
Fourth line of text: 49 px


Last edited by fedfed: 04-16-2013 at 02:53 PM.
fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 02:56 PM
  #92
Mystlyfe
We're Touched
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 12,537
vCash: 500
It's still too early.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:02 PM
  #93
fedfed
Moderator
@FedFedRMNB
 
fedfed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Moscow City
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
It's still too early.
Well, since I do not believe in jinxes and not superstitious in any way, I can post whatever I want, right?

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:11 PM
  #94
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Caps/Avs/Bills fan
 
ChibiPooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,216
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
Well, since I do not believe in jinxes and not superstitious in any way, I can post whatever I want, right?
That's the great part about jinxes and superstitions. They don't require you to believe in them, but in the minds of the superstitious you're still the one who ruined everything. EVERYTHING.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:31 PM
  #95
fedfed
Moderator
@FedFedRMNB
 
fedfed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Moscow City
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
That's the great part about jinxes and superstitions. They don't require you to believe in them, but in the minds of the superstitious you're still the one who ruined everything. EVERYTHING.
And if nothing is ruined superstitious people just... keep quiet.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 06:42 PM
  #96
Kegger
Moderator
 
Kegger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Texas
Country: Chile
Posts: 2,844
vCash: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
Here's my first attempt at it:




Font is Franchise Bold, one of my favs. Very readable, IMO. (Of course, it will all get scaled down, but I tested it and that was OK even with the small size).
http://www.derekweathersbee.com/franchise/ -- download font from developer's site.

Here are more technical details. I can send 'raw' files (with layers) for edit if anyone needs it:
Created with GIMP, Original size: 400x400, Background color (HTML) #940000
Frame 1:
Picture space: 400x276
Text space: 400x124
First line of text: 55 px, all lowercase
Second line of text: 90 px, all caps
Frame 2:
Background: Head of Weagle
First line of text: 58 px, all lowercase
Second line of text: 84 px, all caps
Third line of text: 60 px, all caps
Fourth line of text: 49 px
Love it. Maybe a white flush knob at the top corner of frame 2?

Kegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 05:53 AM
  #97
fedfed
Moderator
@FedFedRMNB
 
fedfed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Moscow City
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,559
vCash: 500
Here's another crack at it -- more flush-themed. Three frames. Here are frames two and three.



I think frame 3 would be more complete with a Stanley Cup image. I like this one (official playoffs logo):


Last edited by fedfed: 04-18-2013 at 06:02 AM.
fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 10:48 PM
  #98
sunnydaycrash
Registered User
 
sunnydaycrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Portugal
Posts: 3,712
vCash: 500
Tooooooooo Sooooooooooooon

sunnydaycrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:54 PM
  #99
Kegger
Moderator
 
Kegger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Texas
Country: Chile
Posts: 2,844
vCash: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydaycrash View Post
Tooooooooo Sooooooooooooon
Whatever.

Kegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 09:34 PM
  #100
bonzaibondra12
Registered User
 
bonzaibondra12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 1,874
vCash: 500
How about something around

Washington "In n' out Real Quick" Capitals


bonzaibondra12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.