HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

edm/mtl

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2013, 03:02 PM
Hugo Sham

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dss97 View Post
You should propose a trade if you are going to make a thread, since the thread is already getting out of hand.

And just to clarify, not all Oiler fans think Yak has enough value to land Subban.
nice, because he has nowhere near the value to land Subban.

Old
04-10-2013, 03:22 PM
Domino11

If Edmonton want subban it will cost yak + + !! Subban as a good chance to win the Norris this year so for Edmonton to get a 23 year old who might get the Norris , will cost a lot ! If Edmonton have a 5-10 pick at the draft I would trade subban for yak + edm 1 round !! Some habs fan would say no and some edm fan would say it too much so anyways this is going nowhere since subban is in mtl to stay and so is yak !!

Old
04-10-2013, 03:25 PM
KingHab

Patches+2013 1st for Yak

Old
04-10-2013, 03:27 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilvision View Post
Start with Subban or Price
Do you mean they'd have to add to Subban or Price? I really think it would be the other way around. You're talking about one of the top 3 goaltenders in the game and the likely Norris Trophy winner here. You're not getting him for a one dimensional smallish forward even if he is on an ELC. If you want guys like Price and Subban maybe you should draft them instead of forwards who have never seen their own side of the blueline.

Old
04-10-2013, 03:28 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
So you would be willing to trade your 19 year old unproven rookie for a 23 year old franchise D who is putting up PPG and getting serious Norris consideration? Wow.

I wouldn't trade Subban 1 for 1 for anyone on the Oilers.

Agree

Oilers have many good young players, but none that would be close in value to Subban.

Old
04-10-2013, 03:29 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHab View Post
Patches+2013 1st for Yak
I'd do that if I were an Oiler fan. I love MP. He's my favorite hab. Plays well in all zones and brings a big body. 30 goal type upside too.

Old
04-10-2013, 03:30 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
Agree

Oilers have many good young players, but none that would be close in value to Subban.
Taylor Hall is a straight up stud. I like that kid a lot, even as a Flames fan. I'd move Subban 1 for 1 if Hall was coming back. None of the others though and his injury troubles are a little concerning.

Old
04-10-2013, 03:37 PM
CanadienShark

vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilvision View Post
Start with Subban or Price
Start...?

If you could get either of them for Yak straight up, you'd take that and run.

Old
04-10-2013, 03:38 PM
AmeriHab

Subban+ MTL's 2 for Yak+Shultz+1st.
That's what it would take and that's way too much for edm to give up.

Edit: probably be just Subban for that actually. MB isn't giving up any early picks

Old
04-10-2013, 03:38 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
Taylor Hall is a straight up stud. I like that kid a lot, even as a Flames fan. I'd move Subban 1 for 1 if Hall was coming back. None of the others though and his injury troubles are a little concerning.
I would trade Hall straight up for Subban as a Habs fan. Both Subban and Hall are very good young players, to say anything else is silly.

I don't see Edmonton moving either RNH or Eberle and I would pass on Yakupov.

Old
04-10-2013, 03:40 PM
MrBigglesworth

For me, personally, it begins and ends with Price and that is obviously not happening. Not at all interested in Subban even if he were available.

Old
04-10-2013, 03:41 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHab View Post
Patches+2013 1st for Yak
I wouldn't give up Patches for Yak. Not adding.

Old
04-10-2013, 03:42 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
I honestly wouldn't. No disrespect to Hall, but Subban is more important to us. I'd think about Hall+, but I know Edmonton wouldn't.

Old
04-10-2013, 03:58 PM
Draft

Tinordi is big. Tinordi is also a defenceman. Former 1st rounder, will play in the top 4. He's the only guy I could see Edmonton taking the bait on. Obvious Montreal needs to add. I would say.....

Tinordi + Gallagher + 2nd

I'd hate to see either player go.
There's no reason for Montreal to do it and Edmonton fans will think they deserve Montreal's next 3 1st round picks.
Pretty sure both Galchenyuk and Yakupov can be great apart from eachother too.

Old
04-10-2013, 04:04 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
I honestly wouldn't. No disrespect to Hall, but Subban is more important to us. I'd think about Hall+, but I know Edmonton wouldn't.
I think Hall would really emerge if he was on a team that was better. He's the only one of their "big 4" that really drives play north/south. Those kinds of guys are very rare. Lots of Eberle's in the league who have nice hands and can finish, but not lots of guys who drive the play and can finish.

Old
04-10-2013, 04:12 PM
Jagorix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigglesworth View Post
For me, personally, it begins and ends with Price and that is obviously not happening. Not at all interested in Subban even if he were available.
Every GM in the league would be interested in having PK Subban and you're insane if you think otherwise.

Old
04-10-2013, 04:15 PM
greenstickytoes

haha oilers fans saying they'd want Subban.
if you want subban for Yak, you'd have to add Eberle plus a 1st rounder plus a 2nd rounder. then that would maybe work. anyways I'd refuse that for Subban since
he can definitely change a game more than Yak or Eberle would ever be able to.
Defense players like Subban with the whole package deal are unique. there are plenty
of players like Yak and Eberle in the league. Name me one defensemen like subban.
NONE!

Old
04-10-2013, 04:24 PM
Koto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Tinordi is big. Tinordi is also a defenceman. Former 1st rounder, will play in the top 4. He's the only guy I could see Edmonton taking the bait on. Obvious Montreal needs to add. I would say.....

Tinordi + Gallagher + 2nd

I'd hate to see either player go.
There's no reason for Montreal to do it and Edmonton fans will think they deserve Montreal's next 3 1st round picks.
Pretty sure both Galchenyuk and Yakupov can be great apart from eachother too.
thats a great offer for a 1OA pick. perhaps fla/cgy/col would be interested too.

Old
04-10-2013, 04:25 PM
MrBigglesworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagorix View Post
Every GM in the league would be interested in having PK Subban and you're insane if you think otherwise.
Of course they would...so would I. Just not for Yakupov. The talent is undeniable, but the guy is a complete clown. If I'm taking a chance on someone with that sort of character, I'm not giving up a potential franchise player. 99.99% of Canadiens fans will strongly disagree, of course, and say that there are no character issues whatsoever and he's worth at least Yak + Hall + RNH...

For last years Norris winner? I would absolutely trade Yakupov and more.

Old
04-10-2013, 04:47 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
thats a great offer for a 1OA pick. perhaps fla/cgy/col would be interested too.
Are you saying trade that for a top-5 pick this year? Not sure what 1OA means. It would be tough trade to pull off. Very risky trade for Montreal, could have a huge reward in the end though.

Old
04-10-2013, 04:50 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Subban or bust---
I'm sure the habs have a few bust prospects you can have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulleroinen View Post
A reply from many previous oilers threads:

If you want our player, you will have to pay a lot. If the price is not of your liking, then forget about it.

Damn, I should have been more condescending.
This has truth, though it more deals with the Oiler fans trying to get a top rate player while taking all of theirs out of the equation.

Personally, unless the said top end player is rumoured by a valid source to be on the block then leave the thread open. Otherwise, just lock them all. That would save a lot of headaches for the mods.

Old
04-10-2013, 04:52 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Of course they would...so would I. Just not for Yakupov. The talent is undeniable, but the guy is a complete clown. If I'm taking a chance on someone with that sort of character, I'm not giving up a potential franchise player. 99.99% of Canadiens fans will strongly disagree, of course, and say that there are no character issues whatsoever and he's worth at least Yak + Hall + RNH...

For last years Norris winner? I would absolutely trade Yakupov and more.
What character, Mr. IKnowEverythingAboutSubban? You wouldn't give up a player that you PRAY can become a franchise winger, for a franchise defenseman? But please, enlighten me as to Subban's character flaws. I along with everyone else is dying to know. And on that topic, did you ever catch that overtime goal by Yakupov where he ignored his teammates to celebrate on his own? Talk about a true character!

I'd really like to know what's wrong with Subban. Let's hear it.

Old
04-10-2013, 05:00 PM
Hugo Sham

chew me out, don't care. I wouldn't trade Gallagher, tinordi and a 2nd or pacioretty and a 1st for yakupov. Happy to be wrong but yakupov is not what the habs need.

Old
04-10-2013, 05:05 PM
Jagorix

Quote:
The talent is undeniable, but the guy is a complete clown. If I'm taking a chance on someone with that sort of character, I'm not giving up a potential franchise player.
And what "sort of character" is he exactly? After the contract issue (which he ended up staying loyal and going for a low-ball offer) when the media was swarming him, he had nothing but good things to say about his coach and teammates and had no problem working his way back onto top pairing minutes. So seriously, please tell me how Subban is a clown, I'm dying to hear it. The guy has shown nothing but heart and an intense desire to better his game.

Old
04-10-2013, 05:12 PM
vik352

vCash: 50
Subban for Yakupov is just ridiculous...one will be considered for the norris...the other still hasn't proven anything...I think Tinordi/Beaulieu + Gallagher +1st/2nd is a lot closer in value

Closed Thread