HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#40 - 04/10/2013 | Toronto Maple Leafs @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2013, 01:55 PM
16 To Stanley*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
He isn't ready yet.

When are people going to get over the whole Kreider thing? He needs time in the AHL. That's not Tortorella's fault.
When we find someone adequate to replace Pyatt. Kreider looked completely different his last time up. He had a couple really good games and all of a sudden is moved to the 4th line and then back to the AHL after 2 games at 5 minutes a piece. I know you agreed with this a couple weeks back, so I don't get why you are changing your tune now. Just because we are playing better doesn't mean we can't make improvements. But I still think we have a couple black holes offensively and Pyatt doesn't bring anything outside of a board prescence. He can't kill penalties and can't player the power play. He can't take faceoffs or fight. Etc. Etc.

If we win, I don't care, but i still don't think there's enough firepower on this team and having both Pyatt and Powe in the lineup are wastes.

Old
04-10-2013, 01:56 PM
Grifter3511

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Since the trade, I find myself looking forward to games a lot more. (Before, I was half dreading them. )

This team is so much more dangerous, so much more dynamic. Honestly, I think the reason they lost in Toronto was that they (and by they I mostly mean MDZ) got a little too cocky and (obviously) lost their discipline.
I couldn't agree more. While Brassard might not be producing on the scoreboard as much as would be liked, his presence as a solid 3rd line center has allowed Tortorella to solidify 4 lines and actually commit to them for a lengthy stretch of time.

Brassard's line is not a liability, and spends more time playing in the offensive zone than the defensive zone, which could not be said of our third line before the trade.

Points will come, but when I watch the Rangers post-trade deadline, I like what I see.

I am looking forward to Rangers games again.

Old
04-10-2013, 01:57 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
When we find someone adequate to replace Pyatt. Kreider looked completely different his last time up. He had a couple really good games and all of a sudden is moved to the 4th line and then back to the AHL after 2 games at 5 minutes a piece.

If we win, I don't care, but i still don't think there's enough firepower on this team and having both Pyatt and Powe in the lineup are wastes.
Will the offense Kreider creates make up for his dumb mistakes? Some of his mistakes have been an epic

04-10-2013, 02:04 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2960
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
The difference is Miller was making mistakes our of aggression or over-enthusiasm. Kreider sat back too much. And then the trades were made and he wasn't going to be getting a lot of time. It's better for him to play a ton down in the AHL.
Of course. I'm not denying that Kreider should be in the minors. I just don't understand how Miller could play just as bad as Kreider and he stayed in the NHL, especially since his contract could have slid. Kreider makes mistakes = AHL. Miller makes mistakes = Stay in the NHL and burn a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I can't agree with that. Sure he wasnt producing offensively but he was doing a lot of good thing. Up until the last half dozen or so games where he regressed and started giving the puck away to anyone not wearing a Rangers sweater.
I'll agree to disagree.

04-10-2013, 02:27 PM
Wolfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me Maybe View Post
Will the offense Kreider creates make up for his dumb mistakes? Some of his mistakes have been an epic
Exactly, typical puppy mistakes that will make Torts pull his hair out. Kreider isn't dry behind his ears yet, he needs more time in the minors to mature.

Old
04-10-2013, 02:28 PM
ck20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
He isn't ready yet.

When are people going to get over the whole Kreider thing? He needs time in the AHL. That's not Tortorella's fault.
Who is actually responsible for the recalls/send-downs? Torts or Sather? I'd imagine Torts gets the ball rolling in the whole process, yea? Either way, Torts or whoever could have handled the whole situation a lot better and let Kreider roll with his hot streak when he was first sent back to the Whale, instead of making him come back to the Rangers to play ~10m or less a night. I have no problem with him playing in the AHL and it's clearly helping him move along. I do have a problem with how they jerk him around and, despite how little Torts trusts his play, recalls him because of his production and then almost instantly benches him for mistakes. Maybe Kreider would have been able to play with the same jump Miller was if he was given a little more slack on his leash? Who knows, hopefully next year will be a different story. And like I said I don't have a problem with him getting top-line minutes night in, night out with the Whale.

Old
04-10-2013, 02:30 PM
NYR2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker McDonald View Post
Of course. I'm not denying that Kreider should be in the minors. I just don't understand how Miller could play just as bad as Kreider and he stayed in the NHL, especially since his contract could have slid. Kreider makes mistakes = AHL. Miller makes mistakes = Stay in the NHL and burn a year.

I'll agree to disagree.
This is what drives me so crazy about this team.

Miller was maing some real bad mistakes while torts allowed him to play through it. Mean while krieder seemed to play much betterbut it meant boyle was the odd man out and for some reason the organization wasn't having that .....

I understand miller is a center and that was a postion that we were really weak on, but come on considering that it was gonna burn a year off his ELC

Old
04-10-2013, 02:40 PM
schabadoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
They both should be down in the AHL, as neither are ready for the NHL.

The problem here isn't that Kreider is in Connecticut, the problem is Miller wasn't sent down soon enough.
Forward depth was an issue.

Old
04-10-2013, 02:46 PM
WPGNYRFan

vCash: 1700
I put all my vcash on the Sabres to win last night, so I'm 100% responsible for the Jets winning. So I'm going to put the whole 50 points I have left on the Leafs tonight!

Old
04-10-2013, 02:52 PM
KingP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
Still lost as to why Kreider was sent down in the first place.
oh you dont??

we are in a playoffs run right now

Old
04-10-2013, 02:55 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

Rick Nash becomes the league's 7th 20 goal scorer tonight. That's right, I'm calling a Nashtrick.

DEUTSCHLANDWELTMEISTER2014
Old
04-10-2013, 03:14 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Rick Nash becomes the league's 7th 20 goal scorer tonight. That's right, I'm calling a Nashtrick.
Nash scores 3? I would say guaranteed win if Lundqvist is in goal. But incase it is the Biron Tunnel, I would say at least 3 make it through the 5 hole.

Old
04-10-2013, 03:20 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Nash scores 3? I would say guaranteed win if Lundqvist is in goal. But incase it is the Biron Tunnel, I would say at least 3 make it through the 5 hole.
Its Hank again tonight.

Old
04-10-2013, 03:27 PM
Green Blob*

Lets go Rangers!!!!!!!!!

4-1 win!!

Old
04-10-2013, 03:34 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Let's just *** win..

Get a few days rest..

Train well and Get ready for the next game..

Oh..and today..Balls to the Walls..

Old
04-10-2013, 03:34 PM
Krams
Scalloped Potatoes

vCash: 400
Quote:
The State of New York should definitely rename the Lincoln Tunnel to the Biron Tunnel.

Old
04-10-2013, 03:52 PM
NYR2007

i put 100v cash on this game .... first time ever doing this

Old
04-10-2013, 03:54 PM
Lundsanity30

anyone think we are running Hank ragged this year? we do have a back up goalie..

Old
04-10-2013, 03:58 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Rangers need to remain undefeated on Wednesdays this season.

Old
04-10-2013, 04:00 PM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Rangers need to remain undefeated on Wednesdays this season.
They're also winless when the outdoor temperature in NYC is 65 degrees or higher. One of these streaks is going to end tonight.

Old
04-10-2013, 04:05 PM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
anyone think we are running Hank ragged this year? we do have a back up goalie..
Yep and it will ultimately be Torts downfall in the playoffs.

Old
04-10-2013, 04:07 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
No. I thought the whole argument for him playing 3/4 of the games was stupid.

Old
04-10-2013, 04:11 PM
Dangleberry

LGR

Old
04-10-2013, 04:42 PM
Doshy

Good luck again tonight guys (but not too much ). Here's to another close one.

Old
04-10-2013, 04:43 PM
maddskkilz

Hopefully a strong start and rangers score first. Win tonight and against the Isles on Saturday and I think we'll be in good shape for the stretch run. C'mon McDonagh - strong effort from him and MDZ will be key

Closed Thread