HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Front Office Crew Opinion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-10-2013, 11:47 AM
  #76
iceberg
Registered User
 
iceberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: Brazil
Posts: 1,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
I didn't mind the trade then, and I still don't mind it.

IMO, EJ is a better overall defenseman.
And, IMO, Stewart was lazy, and I don't think he wanted to be here.
Why you think that?? IIRC he was really pissed to be traded, but i might be wrong.

Overall, i don't think many players currently on the roster want to be here anyway, i bet if they could choose most of them would be elsewhere.

iceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:50 AM
  #77
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
Infer-Action!!!
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 14,764
vCash: 7757
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg View Post
Why you think that?? IIRC he was really pissed to be traded, but i might be wrong.

Overall, i don't think many players currently on the roster want to be here anyway, i bet if they could choose most of them would be elsewhere.
I know of some stuff that happened off ice, but I can't say here.

But, beside that, he was sure happy to be in St. Louis, and throw a barb at Avs fans about how great it is to play in front of a full house.

When here, he'd play some nights, and float on other nights.

__________________
I wanna slay my demons, but I got lots of them.
Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:58 AM
  #78
Freudian
Slightly overpaid
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 34,575
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
I didn't mind the trade then, and I still don't mind it.

IMO, EJ is a better overall defenseman.
And, IMO, Stewart was lazy, and I don't think he wanted to be here.
It was a create a hole to fill a hole trade. Avs desperately needed to improve defense and PK and they did. They gave up scoring to do so. I have no problem with the trade back then and I don't have a problem with it now. It sucks that McClement walked, but I don't think it was something Avs could have predicted or prevented.

I think some of the moves after have created bigger problems for us. Avs have gotten slower and less skilled, especially on defense. Skating used to be the teams identity. Avs have failed to address scoring needs. Jones being poor and Hejduk regressing hasn't helped. As limited as Liles was, the team miss him a lot.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 12:03 PM
  #79
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 6,539
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg View Post
Why you think that?? IIRC he was really pissed to be traded, but i might be wrong.

Overall, i don't think many players currently on the roster want to be here anyway, i bet if they could choose most of them would be elsewhere.
I have a strange feeling that you're Dater. From 2002 with very little posts disliking the EJ trade.

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 12:13 PM
  #80
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
Infer-Action!!!
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 14,764
vCash: 7757
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I have a strange feeling that you're Dater. From 2002 with very little posts disliking the EJ trade.
I know Dater posted since I've been here, using Nairda Retad, or something like that, as his username.

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 12:17 PM
  #81
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Siem Reap, Cambodia
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 26,570
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
It was a create a hole to fill a hole trade. Avs desperately needed to improve defense and PK and they did. They gave up scoring to do so. I have no problem with the trade back then and I don't have a problem with it now. It sucks that McClement walked, but I don't think it was something Avs could have predicted or prevented.

I think some of the moves after have created bigger problems for us. Avs have gotten slower and less skilled, especially on defense. Skating used to be the teams identity. Avs have failed to address scoring needs. Jones being poor and Hejduk regressing hasn't helped. As limited as Liles was, the team miss him a lot.
Did it for family reasons I dont blame him. I think he took less to play in Toronto. No big shock Carlyle loves him.

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 12:45 PM
  #82
Jaymond Flurrie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
They might not be hockey guys, but they are businessmen. I suspect they know how to conduct interviews and select a capable president.
And if not, I really think they could hire a consult to help them with the process.

Also, if you want to blame the owner (taking this to more general level):
-Consider the budget he has given to president for the whole show, not only to player budget (which is not owner's task at all). Is it enough? Have other franchises been more successful with such resources
-Consider the option that the market might not be right. Owner can make the decision to move the franchise in that case.


I don't know the answer for either of those 100% surely, but I would guess that Denver market is at least average, possibly even in top-10 of NHL, so re-location would probably solve nothing. Also, seeing what for example Coyotes has done recently, the amount of money Kroenke invests in Avalanche doesn't seem to explain the results. Sure, more money would help, but I really don't think it is the solution.

All in all, I think Kroenke has done his part.


Last edited by Jaymond Flurrie: 04-10-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Jaymond Flurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 01:02 PM
  #83
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 6,539
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
I know Dater posted since I've been here, using Nairda Retad, or something like that, as his username.
I remember reading stories about that.

I wouldn't be shocked if he made multiple accounts, which is a HF felony. Ban themz all, Bubba!

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 01:10 PM
  #84
Rrabb1t
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I have a strange feeling that you're Dater. From 2002 with very little posts disliking the EJ trade.
Easy to say if he is. Check his post history. If he has posted something, anything, on a major trade in reasonable timeframe he can't be Dater.

Then again if he has posted that he got stuck in a plane with no internet access, or perhaps a train, boat, any moving vehicle for that matter (elevators not excluded). Or perhaps a snowstorm or a tropical cyclone wrecked his house. Or a viking raid hit his shores. Then he can be identified as being guilty as charged.


Last edited by Rrabb1t: 04-10-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Rrabb1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 01:14 PM
  #85
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
Infer-Action!!!
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 14,764
vCash: 7757
ouch

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 03:34 PM
  #86
avs1dacup
Registered User
 
avs1dacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 3,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
It was a create a hole to fill a hole trade. Avs desperately needed to improve defense and PK and they did. They gave up scoring to do so. I have no problem with the trade back then and I don't have a problem with it now. It sucks that McClement walked, but I don't think it was something Avs could have predicted or prevented.

I think some of the moves after have created bigger problems for us. Avs have gotten slower and less skilled, especially on defense. Skating used to be the teams identity. Avs have failed to address scoring needs. Jones being poor and Hejduk regressing hasn't helped. As limited as Liles was, the team miss him a lot.
This is exactly how I see it. Good offensive defensemen and scoring wingers are easier to find than top pairing guys that can play a great defensive game. They filled a massive need while opening a little hole that HOPEFULLY can be filled by Barrie.

I also have a feeling that they expected Jones to continue his scoring. The year before the trade, Jones had put up 10 goals in 23 games before blowing his knee out. Before the trade, Jones had scored 19 goals in 54 games. This is the season he ended up with 27. No one had a clue that Stastny's play would dip as it has and Jones would score less the next(almost) 2 seasons(20 last season and 3 this season).

avs1dacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 04:13 PM
  #87
iceberg
Registered User
 
iceberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: Brazil
Posts: 1,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I have a strange feeling that you're Dater. From 2002 with very little posts disliking the EJ trade.
Yeah, i joined this boards in 2002 predicting the EJ trade, makes a lot of sense. Are you Sherman??? Always defending the ******** this franchise have pulled lately.

iceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 04:36 PM
  #88
iceberg
Registered User
 
iceberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: Brazil
Posts: 1,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
I know of some stuff that happened off ice, but I can't say here.

But, beside that, he was sure happy to be in St. Louis, and throw a barb at Avs fans about how great it is to play in front of a full house.

When here, he'd play some nights, and float on other nights.
Can you blame him?? Our crowds have been patetic for quite a while. Maybe it's no coincidence that our players have performed a little better in the games the Pepsi Center had a good crowd?

iceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 04:48 PM
  #89
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ballarado
Country: United States
Posts: 6,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg View Post
Can you blame him?? Our crowds have been patetic for quite a while. Maybe it's no coincidence that our players have performed a little better in the games the Pepsi Center had a good crowd?
Maybe if they want to play in a packed house more often they should play better hockey.

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 04:55 PM
  #90
iceberg
Registered User
 
iceberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: Brazil
Posts: 1,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hek View Post
Maybe if they want to play in a packed house more often they should play better hockey.
If i lived in Denver i sure as hell wouldn't be going to games on a regular basis either. Especially since the front office didn't lowered the ticket prices when the on ice product became so bad.

iceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 07:03 PM
  #91
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 6,539
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg View Post
Yeah, i joined this boards in 2002 predicting the EJ trade, makes a lot of sense. Are you Sherman??? Always defending the ******** this franchise have pulled lately.
Because a lot of the hate here is been overblown completely and I need to understand why all the hate is originating from. My conclusion is that everyone deserves an equal amount of hate (besides Sacco) than put it on one central figure.

But I also understand that this is a rebuild, definitely close to the end and should've been better this year, but still classified as a rebuild. Something you and a few other posters do not quite understand, so I do not have any or a lot of hate for anyone until I can see we are consistent playoff contenders.

Alright Dater?

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 07:29 PM
  #92
iceberg
Registered User
 
iceberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: Brazil
Posts: 1,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Because a lot of the hate here is been overblown completely and I need to understand why all the hate is originating from. My conclusion is that everyone deserves an equal amount of hate (besides Sacco) than put it on one central figure.

But I also understand that this is a rebuild, definitely close to the end and should've been better this year, but still classified as a rebuild. Something you and a few other posters do not quite understand, so I do not have any or a lot of hate for anyone until I can see we are consistent playoff contenders.

Alright Dater?
Greg, am i putting blame on one central figure? I said i didn't like the trade, it doesn't mean i don't like EJ. And certainly i won't blame him for the poor state of this franchise. For that, i mostly blame you and your boss PL.

I know you want every fan to buy this "rebuild" as a way to justify the many questionable decisions you've made, but not everybody will.

Since i don't think you will be fired this year, i honestly hope that god will shed some light into your head in your next decisions regarding the future of our beloved team.


Last edited by iceberg: 04-10-2013 at 07:48 PM.
iceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 07:33 PM
  #93
JoemAvs
Registered User
 
JoemAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Because a lot of the hate here is been overblown completely and I need to understand why all the hate is originating from. My conclusion is that everyone deserves an equal amount of hate (besides Sacco) than put it on one central figure.

But I also understand that this is a rebuild, definitely close to the end and should've been better this year, but still classified as a rebuild. Something you and a few other posters do not quite understand, so I do not have any or a lot of hate for anyone until I can see we are consistent playoff contenders.

Alright Dater?
As a hater I have to say that you are getting it wrong.
I am not hating on the rebuild. I even predicted on the mainboard that we would probably look bad this year and that we probably won't make the playoffs. I am hating on our FO for how they do their business.
I get that we are far away from the playoffs. But I do not get how the Kroenke/Lacroix "family" are not run out of town because of the way they do this business.
We have become the Islanders West.

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 08:16 PM
  #94
Holyhell
'Crumblers'
 
Holyhell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,377
vCash: 500
Mostly like Sherman and his moves.

Still boggles my mind to think that he signed off on this whole defense situation though.
Like he actually looked at this on paper and said, "Yes, yes this will be the new Avs."

Also, I do think he's gone for far more flash than substance with some choices as well. McGinn and Jones have been well liked for the most part (not Jones this year) but I see that they don't have the mental speed to keep up with what is going on, usually ending up with a hit 100ft away from the play. Downie has been this way as well, but I think he's all around a much better player than the other two.

Same thing with the D. Lots of shot blocking and lots of guys that can hit. But give them a puck on their stick and it's like they forgot how to hockey.

Too much speed, strength and pizazz IMO with this team. Useful attributes for your players to have but only when they can utilize it properly and efficiently at the NHL level.

Holyhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 08:44 PM
  #95
NWAvs
Registered User
 
NWAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Seattle
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,891
vCash: 500
Seeing the name TJ Hensick and David Koci ruined my day

NWAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:16 PM
  #96
iceberg
Registered User
 
iceberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: Brazil
Posts: 1,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyhell View Post
Mostly like Sherman and his moves.

Still boggles my mind to think that he signed off on this whole defense situation though.
Like he actually looked at this on paper and said, "Yes, yes this will be the new Avs.
That's because when he looked at the paper he saw this:

2,25M 3,75M

3,25M 1,80M

1,60M 2,25M

2,00M 0,90M

So yes, he was happy.

iceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:25 PM
  #97
Holyhell
'Crumblers'
 
Holyhell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg View Post
That's because when he looked at the paper he saw this:

2,25M 3,75M

3,25M 1,80M

1,60M 2,25M

2,00M 0,90M

So yes, he was happy.
Well Kroenke may have been happier. I'm thinking he saw steady veteran leadership mixed in with some skill. He wasn't wrong, but he wasn't exactly shooting for the stars. I'm just thinking Colorado could have at least saved some dough and played the youngsters more often and went with a better option than Zanon for two years and resigning O'Brien and Wilson to three year deals and Hejda to a 4 year deal the year before. Leaving little flexibility for this year and next.

I just think money could have been allocated more wisely, as spendthrift and frugal as it was.

Holyhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 01:30 PM
  #98
Freudian
Slightly overpaid
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 34,575
vCash: 50
Sakic was on Hockey Central at Noon, discussing some of the things going on with the Avs. Starts at around 20 mins in.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 01:38 PM
  #99
shadow1
Registered User
 
shadow1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 11,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
I didn't mind the trade then, and I still don't mind it.

IMO, EJ is a better overall defenseman.
And, IMO, Stewart was lazy, and I don't think he wanted to be here.
I liked it when it happened. I hate it now.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 02:29 PM
  #100
AslanRH
Guenin Get Out
 
AslanRH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Wyoming, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,439
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Sakic was on Hockey Central at Noon, discussing some of the things going on with the Avs. Starts at around 20 mins in.
He'll be a good President one day. Love the support for Giggy, Lando, and the young core.

__________________
"People often claim to hunger for Truth, but seldom like the taste when it is served up."
AslanRH is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.