HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(Article) Bryzgalov sounds off on his future in Philadelphia

Old
04-10-2013, 02:28 PM
RinaldoZac
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
(Article) Bryzgalov sounds off on his future in Philadelphia

Quote:
Ilya Bryzgalov may be growing weary of the goaltending carousel in Philadelphia, as the 32-year-old netminder spoke his mind prior to the Flyers' Tuesday night game against the New York Islanders.

When asked by the Courier-Post about the team's decision to sign newly-acquired netminder Steve Mason to a contract extension earlier this week and whether or not he was worried about the possibility of a compliance buyout, the usually-candid Russian did not disappoint in his response.

"To be honest, I don't care," he said. "Really, I don't care. I have no control on this, so why should I care?"

Signed by the Flyers to a nine-year, $51 million contract by the Flyers in the summer of 2011, Bryzgalov's tenure in Philadelphia has been characterized by colourful quotes and the inability to post the kind of elite numbers that made him an All-Star with the Phoenix Coyotes.

Bryzgalov was also ambivalent when asked about the possibility of remaining a Flyer beyond this season.
"You know, I have no control in this," he said. "I can't read the people's mind. I can't project things what they're thinking, that's why I'm not worried about things I can't control. I maybe want one thing and they want a different thing."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=420380

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 04-10-2013 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Site rules limit text displayed; also need a link
RinaldoZac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 02:41 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

"that's why I'm not worried about things I can't control. I maybe want one thing and they want a different thing."

good for him. he shouldn't worry about anything else other than stopping pucks next time he plays.

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 03:10 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

You sure he wasn't just talking in his sleep?

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 03:13 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04' hockey View Post
meh, don't sweat it, ALL goalies are absolutely NUTS
Anybody else remember how Niitty used to chew on his jersey when backing up? I loved the guy but he looked like an absolute lunatic sometimes.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 03:56 PM
Jordan941

I would argue that Bryzgalov can absolutely control his future in Philly... It is up to him to become a more consistent goaltender, and realistically the season is too short at this point for him to show it. I guess in that way it is out of his hands, but it was never out of his hands in the beginning of the season

Jordan941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 04:04 PM
YuioIklo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan941 View Post
I would argue that Bryzgalov can absolutely control his future in Philly... It is up to him to become a more consistent goaltender, and realistically the season is too short at this point for him to show it. I guess in that way it is out of his hands, but it was never out of his hands in the beginning of the season
Do you really think it's just about wanting to/making the effort?

YuioIklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 04:25 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan941 View Post
He is doing nothing to re-pay Snider for his generous contract. In fact, he's pretty much taking the money while laughing at him.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 04:30 PM
MayonnaiseOreo

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuioIklo View Post
Do you really think it's just about wanting to/making the effort?
I just don't think he's that good. We've seen him go on some tears but I think he did care this season and played well early on but even when he wasn't you could tell he was pissed off and wanted to win the game. I think he's phoning it in a little bit now but he just isn't good enough for that contract.

MayonnaiseOreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 04:40 PM
LegionOfDoom91

I find it funny that same fans that bashed the media for their witch hunt with Carter and Richards are now talking their words as gospel because it makes Bryz look bad.

I'm no Bryz supporter at all. I'm frequently bashing his play in the goalie and game day threads but you's are reaching here with bashing him for this.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 04:56 PM
kimmofan44

everything aside, the long island beach comment was awesome

kimmofan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 05:23 PM
MsWoof

You might want to take a look at Frank Seravalli's article today, I can't post the link but briefly saw it on twitter. Several players confirmed that Bryz fell asleep at the meeting after a few denied it.

Old
04-10-2013, 05:27 PM
Go For It

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
You might want to take a look at Frank Seravalli's article today, I can't post the link but briefly saw it on twitter. Several players confirmed that Bryz fell asleep at the meeting after a few denied it.
I'm no fan of Bryz's, but I didn't trust (the Philly media) when it came to the Richards and Carter debacle, and I still don't trust them with anything TMZ-like.

EDIT: Timmeh and JOEY BRUNO "debating" the nap and the bench reaction.

EDIT2: I think my IQ just dropped 10 points from listening to this.

Last edited by Go For It: 04-10-2013 at 05:31 PM. Reason: ..
Go For It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 05:31 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
You might want to take a look at Frank Seravalli'sarticle today, I can't post the link but briefly saw it on twitter. Several players confirmed that Bryz fell asleep at the meeting after a few denied it.
Did they confirm that Steven Stamkos is coming too?

I'm sorry I just can't take these hack writers here in Philly serious on anything they say even the Richards and Carter stuff. They love their hit pieces so they can start their witch hunts.

What do Richards and Bryz have in common? Both stopped talking to media at certain points during their time(s) here. If you don't give the Philly media what they want they can turn on you very quickly with their hit pieces.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 04-10-2013 at 05:39 PM.
Old
04-10-2013, 05:42 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
I still don't buy it. I have sources who say Frank is a hack, along with the rest of the media.

04-10-2013, 05:46 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Ilya Bryzgalov is the Bay Harbor Butcher.

Peter Laviolette and other players confirmed it.

I can be a Flyers beat writer too.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 04-10-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Old
04-10-2013, 06:07 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Did they confirm that Steven Stamkos is coming too?

I'm sorry I just can't take these hack writers here in Philly serious on anything they say even the Richards and Carter stuff. They love their hit pieces so they can start their witch hunts.

What do Richards and Bryz have in common? Both stopped talking to media at certain points during their time(s) here. If you don't give the Philly media what they want they can turn on you very quickly with their hit pieces.
It's not like the media made Bryz say he didn't care about where he played next year. Tocchet was on the radio last week and said Bryz had to be a better teammate if he wanted the team to go to the wall for him. If it was the usual media bs with no quotes from these guys I'd ignore it but both Bryz and Tocchet made those comments.

Old
04-10-2013, 06:16 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
It's not like the media made Bryz say he didn't care about where he played next year. Tocchet was on the radio last week and said Bryz had to be a better teammate if he wanted the team to go to the wall for him. If it was the usual media bs with no quotes from these guys I'd ignore it but both Bryz and Tocchet made those comments.
The guy who wrote that article about Bryz not caring about being here next year also said we should trade Couturier and our 1st round pick for Ben Bishop. The guy clearly has no intelligence and shouldn't be taken serious.

As for the Tocchet no one said they actually heard the interview and no one could supply a link to it. The best we could do is a friend of a friend said they heard it.

Again if this was anybody but Bryz people on here would be in complete denial.

Old
04-10-2013, 06:46 PM
The Couturier Effect

Once again, this is just the media blowing something a player says way out of proportion.

The Couturier Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 07:02 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
The guy who wrote that article about Bryz not caring about being here next year also said we should trade Couturier and our 1st round pick for Ben Bishop. The guy clearly has no intelligence and shouldn't be taken serious.

As for the Tocchet no one said they actually heard the interview and no one could supply a link to it. The best we could do is a friend of a friend said they heard it.

I heard the Tocchet interview, as did a friend of mine. I know what I heard and so does she. As for the media, I agree they're mostly all morons but Bryz did make those comments.

Old
04-10-2013, 07:02 PM
healthyscratch

vCash: 633
Screw him, buy him out and move on. He would be funny if he was actually playing competent goaltending, but he's not. Closin your eyes on the bench after you get pulled, then falling asleep in a team meeting? Yea time to go, it's obvious he doesn't give a rats ass. Pay him his money and say goodbye.

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 07:32 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Screw him, buy him out and move on. He would be funny if he was actually playing competent goaltending, but he's not. Closin your eyes on the bench after you get pulled, then falling asleep in a team meeting? Yea time to go, it's obvious he doesn't give a rats ass. Pay him his money and say goodbye.
It's kind of like the goofball at work.

If he's a star employee and does great work, then it's funny. Otherwise he's just a massive a-hole.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 07:44 PM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

he said what I expect him to say......he still stinks though.

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 07:49 PM
FlyingPhilly

Meh, who cares what is in an article? Just trying to grab attention and stir up stuff. Bryz also needs to think about what he says more carefully, but it is what it is. I don't like Bryz's contract or his play in net.

At this point it would probably be best for the Flyers and Bryz to part ways. The team can't keep his $5.67M cap hit for the kind of play he has given the last 2 years. It can't work out especially with the state the defense is in. I think there is a good chance Bryz and Briere are gone this summer.

FlyingPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 08:50 PM
blinds

Quote:

You're not going to find anyone defending the Philly media. The point is Bryz said it, not the reporter. It's not speculation like that Couturier trade, its a quote from Bryz himself.

As for what Bryz said, bench him the rest of the year. "I have no control over it" is some ********, if you don't want to be bought out, you play better. You have control over how you play. You don't buy out a player who's performing well, and Bryz obviously doesn't care enough to try to improve his performance, or have the loyalty to try and stick with and help his team. He's not much of a competitor, and I don't want someone on the team who can't even keep up the appearance of giving a ****, much less actually give a ****.

blinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:00 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinds View Post
He's not much of a competitor, and I don't want someone on the team who can't even keep up the appearance of giving a ****, much less actually give a ****.
you forgot, cant even manage to keep awake at a team meeting..

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote