HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposals Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-10-2013, 10:20 AM
  #126
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
I have heard Oilers fans open to the idea of trading Hall or Yakupov for Del Zotto.
I would do that in a heartbeat.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 10:30 AM
  #127
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
I have heard Oilers fans open to the idea of trading Hall or Yakupov for Del Zotto.
I didn't know Bern was a Edmonton fan.

But, seriously. I like both of those players, but trading Del Zotto for either player ultimately requires you to make an additional move for another defender. I like Moore and McIlrath and the upside they both have, but until either of those guys can prove they can reliably play 20 minutes a night, trading one of our top-4 defenders is going to open up a hole that will need to be filled ricky-tick.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 10:43 AM
  #128
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I didn't know Bern was a Edmonton fan.

But, seriously. I like both of those players, but trading Del Zotto for either player ultimately requires you to make an additional move for another defender. I like Moore and McIlrath and the upside they both have, but until either of those guys can prove they can reliably play 20 minutes a night, trading one of our top-4 defenders is going to open up a hole that will need to be filled ricky-tick.
I disagree. If McIlrath can show he will be ready by next season, I see no reason why:

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Stralman
Moore-McIlrath

Couldn't get the job done as far as a top-6. I would obviously hope they bring back Eminger and maybe sign another d-man for depth purposes.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 10:44 AM
  #129
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,890
vCash: 500
What happened to the offensive defenseman? Skjei was an offensive guy in high school. He left after his sophomore year to join the US program and stopped getting the same numbers. McD was an offensive player in HS. Didn't produce those numbers at Wisconsin. Moore was an offensive guy in the USHL. Then he had a good year at Kitchener after Columbus signed him to forego Colorado College to turn pro. Hasn't produced those numbers in pro hockey. Skjei compared his game to Leddy who produced in his one year at Minnesota. Maybe Skjei becomes that player getting a better opportunity.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 10:45 AM
  #130
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
I have heard Oilers fans open to the idea of trading Hall or Yakupov for Del Zotto.
Yeah, like our board has not offered up Stepan as recent as this season

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 10:45 AM
  #131
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!
 
Amazing Kreiderman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 5,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
I have heard Oilers fans open to the idea of trading Hall or Yakupov for Del Zotto.
Ehm, that's a no-brainer for us. I'd prefer Hall by the way

__________________
There are two types of people in this world: those who can extrapolate from incomplete data;
Amazing Kreiderman is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 10:50 AM
  #132
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,970
vCash: 500
I would highly doubt Edmonton will give up Hall, Yakupov, Eberle or RNH for practically anything.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 10:54 AM
  #133
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I disagree. If McIlrath can show he will be ready by next season, I see no reason why:

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Stralman
Moore-McIlrath

Couldn't get the job done as far as a top-6. I would obviously hope they bring back Eminger and maybe sign another d-man for depth purposes.
Because Stralman isn't a consistent top-4 defender. I have no problems with the guy getting 15 minutes a night, but nothing beyond that.

Again, it all comes back to letting the kid play his way onto the roster. Let him force you to keep him around. No more of this "Oh, plug the hole with a kid who should be ready" stuff. We saw it this year with Kreider and Miller and nothing positive came from it.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 10:57 AM
  #134
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Because Stralman isn't a consistent top-4 defender. I have no problems with the guy getting 15 minutes a night, but nothing beyond that.

Again, it all comes back to letting the kid play his way onto the roster. Let him force you to keep him around. No more of this "Oh, plug the hole with a kid who should be ready" stuff. We saw it this year with Kreider and Miller and nothing positive came from it.
Eminger has proven he can be a solid #6. That is why I said I would bring him back. Stralman has been playing top-4 most of the season and he has been fine. He and Staal also compliment eachother well and have played well together in the past.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 10:59 AM
  #135
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,890
vCash: 500
Edmonton spent a lot of time looking at the Rangers before the deadline. Dave Semenko followed them. Craig MacTavish also followed them. Maybe Edmonton is still has someone watching the Rangers. Teams still scout other teams getting ready for the summer trades and free agency.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 11:08 AM
  #136
a tribe cq
Registered User
 
a tribe cq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBlues View Post
Chara and Phaneuf do not belong in the same sentence. Phaneuf is an overrated block of wood.
you are missing my point, which is the fact that they can both clear the crease and do other things besides, which is 100% true

a tribe cq is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 11:28 AM
  #137
Blue Blooded
Registered User
 
Blue Blooded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
If we can get Hall for a package based around Del Zotto I'll fly to NY to drive Michael to the airport.

Hall will be a top 5 LW in this league IMO. Scratch that, Hall is already a top 5 LW.

Blue Blooded is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 03:26 PM
  #138
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
If we can get Hall for a package based around Del Zotto I'll fly to NY to drive Michael to the airport.

Hall will be a top 5 LW in this league IMO. Scratch that, Hall is already a top 5 LW.
He is arguably a top 5 winger in the league.

Edmonton obviously wouldn't trade him for anyone on our roster, rightfully so.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 04:53 PM
  #139
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
He is arguably a top 5 winger in the league.

Edmonton obviously wouldn't trade him for anyone on our roster, rightfully so.
Unless your argument limits eligible wingers to the ones who are under 23 or something, I don't see how anyone could make a case for him being a top-10 winger in the league, let alone top 5.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 05:00 PM
  #140
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Unless your argument limits eligible wingers to the ones who are under 23 or something, I don't see how anyone could make a case for him being a top-10 winger in the league, let alone top 5.
http://www.coppernblue.com/2012/8/21...ng-forward-NHL

Last season. Also added production where he is top 20 in scoring along with those intangibles and puck possession.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 05:22 PM
  #141
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
http://www.coppernblue.com/2012/8/21...ng-forward-NHL

Last season. Also added production where he is top 20 in scoring along with those intangibles and puck possession.
It's an article ranking him against other young, high-selection forwards over their first two seasons in the league. What does that do to disprove my statement?

So again, if your argument is "top 5 under the age of 23" then you can make a case for it. Otherwise it's completely false. This year he might be top-20 in scoring this year, but this year Chris Kunitz is top-5 in scoring and PA Parenteau is out-pacing Henrik and Daniel Sedin. That tells you all you need to know about this season.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 05:25 PM
  #142
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
It's an article ranking him against other young, high-selection forwards over their first two seasons in the league. What does that do to disprove my statement?

So again, if your argument is "top 5 under the age of 23" then you can make a case for it. Otherwise it's completely false. This year he might be top-20 in scoring this year, but this year Chris Kunitz is top-5 in scoring and PA Parenteau is out-pacing Henrik and Daniel Sedin. That tells you all you need to know about this season.
In b4 "PA Parenteau is an elite puck possession player."

I don't know what planet I'm on anymore. Taylor Hall is not a top 5 winger in the NHL.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 07:36 PM
  #143
BlessThisMess513
Registered User
 
BlessThisMess513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
In b4 "PA Parenteau is an elite puck possession player."

I don't know what planet I'm on anymore. Taylor Hall is not a top 5 winger in the NHL.
But bro! He's way better than Kovalchuk, St Louis, Perry, Kane, Nash, Neal, Kessel, Ovechkin, Sedin, Eriksson, etc...

BlessThisMess513 is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 09:39 PM
  #144
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
It's an article ranking him against other young, high-selection forwards over their first two seasons in the league. What does that do to disprove my statement?

So again, if your argument is "top 5 under the age of 23" then you can make a case for it. Otherwise it's completely false. This year he might be top-20 in scoring this year, but this year Chris Kunitz is top-5 in scoring and PA Parenteau is out-pacing Henrik and Daniel Sedin. That tells you all you need to know about this season.
Hall was on pace for 70+ pts last year too and pretty much demolished the opposition on the forecheck. He is a rich man's Zach Parise.

For reference, Taylor Hall has had a higher PPG than supposed top 5 player in John Tavares each year comparative (1st vs. 1st, 2nd vs. 2nd, etc). He did this while helping the team maintain puck possession at a higher rate.

He is in doubt, a top 5 winger in the league.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 09:40 PM
  #145
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessThisMess513 View Post
But bro! He's way better than Kovalchuk, St Louis, Perry, Kane, Nash, Neal, Kessel, Ovechkin, Sedin, Eriksson, etc...
Kovalchuk, Ovechkin and Kane are pretty much the only ones.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 09:41 AM
  #146
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,890
vCash: 500
The media in Edmonton is finally getting on the Oiler brass

Quote:
That much is not earth shattering in Oil Country. Three years into this traditional, patient rebuild, the playoffs weren’t a must. Next year, yes, but not this.

What has become clear here is that the kids are delivering.

Here’s the big question though: Can the general manager do the same?

We’re never overly sure who has the final say at Oilers HQ, but even if general manager Steve Tambellini is the front man for the conglomerate of himself, team president Kevin Lowe and his right-hand man Craig MacTavish, then that too is fine. There’s nothing wrong with a team effort – if it gets results.

But who on the team takes responsibility for Ales Hemsky, the epitome of poor leadership and professional indifference, who stands as an awful example for an impressionable core.

When you talk about changing a losing culture, you talk about moving out Hemsky – a player seemingly satisfied with an April exit, season after season.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/s...-oilers-brass/

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 10:01 AM
  #147
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Hall was on pace for 70+ pts last year too and pretty much demolished the opposition on the forecheck. He is a rich man's Zach Parise.

For reference, Taylor Hall has had a higher PPG than supposed top 5 player in John Tavares each year comparative (1st vs. 1st, 2nd vs. 2nd, etc). He did this while helping the team maintain puck possession at a higher rate.

He is in doubt, a top 5 winger in the league.
Uh, Zach Parise is a rich man's Zach Parise. "On pace" is a bogus argument.

How is that a useful reference? The fact that Hall had a better PPG in his first two years than another rookie, who plays an entirely different position, somehow supports your inane theory that Hall is a top-5 winger in the league?

Smells an awful lot like a thinly veiled trolling attempt..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Kovalchuk, Ovechkin and Kane are pretty much the only ones.
Okay. Maybe it was a pretty obvious trolling attempt.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 10:02 AM
  #148
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The media in Edmonton is finally getting on the Oiler brass



http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/s...-oilers-brass/
For all the posters over the past few years determined to bring Hemsky to the Rangers--this is pretty damning.

eco's bones is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 10:17 AM
  #149
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Uh, Zach Parise is a rich man's Zach Parise. "On pace" is a bogus argument.
And how is it a bogus argument? He's played more than 80% of the season the past two years.

Yes, Taylor Hall is currently a rich man's Zach Parise. He's bigger, faster, stronger and more physical. They play an identical forecheck game and dominate on puck possession.

Quote:
How is that a useful reference? The fact that Hall had a better PPG in his first two years than another rookie, who plays an entirely different position, somehow supports your inane theory that Hall is a top-5 winger in the league?
I mention Tavares because he gets treated like a god on here. On HFBoards that is. Some think he is actually on par with Stamkos and there was a recent thread asking if he was the 2nd best player in the world.

Taylor Hall on the other hand, does not get that same type of respect. This despite shattering Tavares' PPG in comparision with first 3 yrs in the league. This thread is a good example.

Quote:
Smells an awful lot like a thinly veiled trolling attempt..



Okay. Maybe it was a pretty obvious trolling attempt.
lol

Kershaw is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 10:20 AM
  #150
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
And how is it a bogus argument? He's played more than 80% of the season the past two years.

Yes, Taylor Hall is currently a rich man's Zach Parise. He's bigger, faster, stronger and more physical. They play an identical forecheck game and dominate on puck possession.



I mention Tavares because he gets treated like a god on here. On HFBoards that is. Some think he is actually on par with Stamkos and there was a recent thread asking if he was the 2nd best player in the world.

Taylor Hall on the other hand, does not get that same type of respect. This despite shattering Tavares' PPG in comparision with first 3 yrs in the league. This thread is a good example.



lol
Hall is a winger. Tavares is a center. Big difference in responsibility.

Hall is not a top-5 winger in the NHL YET. He may very well be in the future. But right now, if you ask who a coach would want on their team for this season and next, I am 100% certain most coaches would give more than 5 other winger who they like more than Hall.

That is not to say he s not a great player and someone I would love to have on the Rangers, because he is and I would.

NYR Viper is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.