HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposals Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2013, 10:20 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
I have heard Oilers fans open to the idea of trading Hall or Yakupov for Del Zotto.
I would do that in a heartbeat.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:30 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
I have heard Oilers fans open to the idea of trading Hall or Yakupov for Del Zotto.
I didn't know Bern was a Edmonton fan.

But, seriously. I like both of those players, but trading Del Zotto for either player ultimately requires you to make an additional move for another defender. I like Moore and McIlrath and the upside they both have, but until either of those guys can prove they can reliably play 20 minutes a night, trading one of our top-4 defenders is going to open up a hole that will need to be filled ricky-tick.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:43 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I didn't know Bern was a Edmonton fan.

But, seriously. I like both of those players, but trading Del Zotto for either player ultimately requires you to make an additional move for another defender. I like Moore and McIlrath and the upside they both have, but until either of those guys can prove they can reliably play 20 minutes a night, trading one of our top-4 defenders is going to open up a hole that will need to be filled ricky-tick.
I disagree. If McIlrath can show he will be ready by next season, I see no reason why:

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Stralman
Moore-McIlrath

Couldn't get the job done as far as a top-6. I would obviously hope they bring back Eminger and maybe sign another d-man for depth purposes.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:44 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

What happened to the offensive defenseman? Skjei was an offensive guy in high school. He left after his sophomore year to join the US program and stopped getting the same numbers. McD was an offensive player in HS. Didn't produce those numbers at Wisconsin. Moore was an offensive guy in the USHL. Then he had a good year at Kitchener after Columbus signed him to forego Colorado College to turn pro. Hasn't produced those numbers in pro hockey. Skjei compared his game to Leddy who produced in his one year at Minnesota. Maybe Skjei becomes that player getting a better opportunity.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:45 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Yeah, like our board has not offered up Stepan as recent as this season

Old
04-10-2013, 10:45 AM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

Quote:
Ehm, that's a no-brainer for us. I'd prefer Hall by the way

04-10-2013, 10:50 AM
NYR Viper

I would highly doubt Edmonton will give up Hall, Yakupov, Eberle or RNH for practically anything.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:54 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I disagree. If McIlrath can show he will be ready by next season, I see no reason why:

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Stralman
Moore-McIlrath

Couldn't get the job done as far as a top-6. I would obviously hope they bring back Eminger and maybe sign another d-man for depth purposes.
Because Stralman isn't a consistent top-4 defender. I have no problems with the guy getting 15 minutes a night, but nothing beyond that.

Again, it all comes back to letting the kid play his way onto the roster. Let him force you to keep him around. No more of this "Oh, plug the hole with a kid who should be ready" stuff. We saw it this year with Kreider and Miller and nothing positive came from it.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:57 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Because Stralman isn't a consistent top-4 defender. I have no problems with the guy getting 15 minutes a night, but nothing beyond that.

Again, it all comes back to letting the kid play his way onto the roster. Let him force you to keep him around. No more of this "Oh, plug the hole with a kid who should be ready" stuff. We saw it this year with Kreider and Miller and nothing positive came from it.
Eminger has proven he can be a solid #6. That is why I said I would bring him back. Stralman has been playing top-4 most of the season and he has been fine. He and Staal also compliment eachother well and have played well together in the past.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:59 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Edmonton spent a lot of time looking at the Rangers before the deadline. Dave Semenko followed them. Craig MacTavish also followed them. Maybe Edmonton is still has someone watching the Rangers. Teams still scout other teams getting ready for the summer trades and free agency.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:08 AM
a tribe cq

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBlues View Post
Chara and Phaneuf do not belong in the same sentence. Phaneuf is an overrated block of wood.
you are missing my point, which is the fact that they can both clear the crease and do other things besides, which is 100% true

Old
04-10-2013, 11:28 AM
Blue Blooded

If we can get Hall for a package based around Del Zotto I'll fly to NY to drive Michael to the airport.

Hall will be a top 5 LW in this league IMO. Scratch that, Hall is already a top 5 LW.

Old
04-10-2013, 03:26 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
If we can get Hall for a package based around Del Zotto I'll fly to NY to drive Michael to the airport.

Hall will be a top 5 LW in this league IMO. Scratch that, Hall is already a top 5 LW.
He is arguably a top 5 winger in the league.

Edmonton obviously wouldn't trade him for anyone on our roster, rightfully so.

Old
04-10-2013, 04:53 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
He is arguably a top 5 winger in the league.

Edmonton obviously wouldn't trade him for anyone on our roster, rightfully so.
Unless your argument limits eligible wingers to the ones who are under 23 or something, I don't see how anyone could make a case for him being a top-10 winger in the league, let alone top 5.

Old
04-10-2013, 05:00 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Unless your argument limits eligible wingers to the ones who are under 23 or something, I don't see how anyone could make a case for him being a top-10 winger in the league, let alone top 5.
http://www.coppernblue.com/2012/8/21...ng-forward-NHL

Last season. Also added production where he is top 20 in scoring along with those intangibles and puck possession.

Old
04-10-2013, 05:22 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
http://www.coppernblue.com/2012/8/21...ng-forward-NHL

Last season. Also added production where he is top 20 in scoring along with those intangibles and puck possession.
It's an article ranking him against other young, high-selection forwards over their first two seasons in the league. What does that do to disprove my statement?

So again, if your argument is "top 5 under the age of 23" then you can make a case for it. Otherwise it's completely false. This year he might be top-20 in scoring this year, but this year Chris Kunitz is top-5 in scoring and PA Parenteau is out-pacing Henrik and Daniel Sedin. That tells you all you need to know about this season.

Old
04-10-2013, 05:25 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
It's an article ranking him against other young, high-selection forwards over their first two seasons in the league. What does that do to disprove my statement?

So again, if your argument is "top 5 under the age of 23" then you can make a case for it. Otherwise it's completely false. This year he might be top-20 in scoring this year, but this year Chris Kunitz is top-5 in scoring and PA Parenteau is out-pacing Henrik and Daniel Sedin. That tells you all you need to know about this season.
In b4 "PA Parenteau is an elite puck possession player."

I don't know what planet I'm on anymore. Taylor Hall is not a top 5 winger in the NHL.

Old
04-10-2013, 07:36 PM
BlessThisMess513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
In b4 "PA Parenteau is an elite puck possession player."

I don't know what planet I'm on anymore. Taylor Hall is not a top 5 winger in the NHL.
But bro! He's way better than Kovalchuk, St Louis, Perry, Kane, Nash, Neal, Kessel, Ovechkin, Sedin, Eriksson, etc...

Old
04-10-2013, 09:39 PM
Kershaw

Quote:

Hall was on pace for 70+ pts last year too and pretty much demolished the opposition on the forecheck. He is a rich man's Zach Parise.

For reference, Taylor Hall has had a higher PPG than supposed top 5 player in John Tavares each year comparative (1st vs. 1st, 2nd vs. 2nd, etc). He did this while helping the team maintain puck possession at a higher rate.

He is in doubt, a top 5 winger in the league.

Old
04-10-2013, 09:40 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessThisMess513 View Post
But bro! He's way better than Kovalchuk, St Louis, Perry, Kane, Nash, Neal, Kessel, Ovechkin, Sedin, Eriksson, etc...
Kovalchuk, Ovechkin and Kane are pretty much the only ones.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:41 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The media in Edmonton is finally getting on the Oiler brass

Quote:
That much is not earth shattering in Oil Country. Three years into this traditional, patient rebuild, the playoffs weren’t a must. Next year, yes, but not this.

What has become clear here is that the kids are delivering.

Here’s the big question though: Can the general manager do the same?

We’re never overly sure who has the final say at Oilers HQ, but even if general manager Steve Tambellini is the front man for the conglomerate of himself, team president Kevin Lowe and his right-hand man Craig MacTavish, then that too is fine. There’s nothing wrong with a team effort – if it gets results.

But who on the team takes responsibility for Ales Hemsky, the epitome of poor leadership and professional indifference, who stands as an awful example for an impressionable core.

When you talk about changing a losing culture, you talk about moving out Hemsky – a player seemingly satisfied with an April exit, season after season.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/s...-oilers-brass/

Old
04-11-2013, 10:01 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Hall was on pace for 70+ pts last year too and pretty much demolished the opposition on the forecheck. He is a rich man's Zach Parise.

For reference, Taylor Hall has had a higher PPG than supposed top 5 player in John Tavares each year comparative (1st vs. 1st, 2nd vs. 2nd, etc). He did this while helping the team maintain puck possession at a higher rate.

He is in doubt, a top 5 winger in the league.
Uh, Zach Parise is a rich man's Zach Parise. "On pace" is a bogus argument.

How is that a useful reference? The fact that Hall had a better PPG in his first two years than another rookie, who plays an entirely different position, somehow supports your inane theory that Hall is a top-5 winger in the league?

Smells an awful lot like a thinly veiled trolling attempt..

Quote:
Kovalchuk, Ovechkin and Kane are pretty much the only ones.
Okay. Maybe it was a pretty obvious trolling attempt.

Old
04-11-2013, 10:02 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The media in Edmonton is finally getting on the Oiler brass

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/s...-oilers-brass/
For all the posters over the past few years determined to bring Hemsky to the Rangers--this is pretty damning.

Old
04-11-2013, 10:17 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Uh, Zach Parise is a rich man's Zach Parise. "On pace" is a bogus argument.
And how is it a bogus argument? He's played more than 80% of the season the past two years.

Yes, Taylor Hall is currently a rich man's Zach Parise. He's bigger, faster, stronger and more physical. They play an identical forecheck game and dominate on puck possession.

Quote:
How is that a useful reference? The fact that Hall had a better PPG in his first two years than another rookie, who plays an entirely different position, somehow supports your inane theory that Hall is a top-5 winger in the league?
I mention Tavares because he gets treated like a god on here. On HFBoards that is. Some think he is actually on par with Stamkos and there was a recent thread asking if he was the 2nd best player in the world.

Taylor Hall on the other hand, does not get that same type of respect. This despite shattering Tavares' PPG in comparision with first 3 yrs in the league. This thread is a good example.

Quote:
Smells an awful lot like a thinly veiled trolling attempt..

Okay. Maybe it was a pretty obvious trolling attempt.
lol

Old
04-11-2013, 10:20 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
And how is it a bogus argument? He's played more than 80% of the season the past two years.

Yes, Taylor Hall is currently a rich man's Zach Parise. He's bigger, faster, stronger and more physical. They play an identical forecheck game and dominate on puck possession.

I mention Tavares because he gets treated like a god on here. On HFBoards that is. Some think he is actually on par with Stamkos and there was a recent thread asking if he was the 2nd best player in the world.

Taylor Hall on the other hand, does not get that same type of respect. This despite shattering Tavares' PPG in comparision with first 3 yrs in the league. This thread is a good example.

lol
Hall is a winger. Tavares is a center. Big difference in responsibility.

Hall is not a top-5 winger in the NHL YET. He may very well be in the future. But right now, if you ask who a coach would want on their team for this season and next, I am 100% certain most coaches would give more than 5 other winger who they like more than Hall.

That is not to say he s not a great player and someone I would love to have on the Rangers, because he is and I would.

Closed Thread