HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

David Desharnais - Black or White Edition

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2013, 08:12 PM
MXD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUpNHL View Post
You can talk about fairness all you want, but when your boss just signed a player to a 4 year extension as a top 6 player can u, the coach, move him to the third or fourth line and make your boss look bad?

Same thing here with Gomez... Jacques Martin had to keep playing him because it would have made his bosses look bad.

Same old BS here... and I'm just sick of it.
Yeah, I think we noticed quite a while ago that you were tired to see this team actually win games.

Old
04-10-2013, 08:13 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
It could be worst though.. Im watching Zajac play, OUCH!!!! A multi years contract, 5.75M per, thats IMO one of the worst contracts in the modern era.. Lou should think about retirement..
He heard you

Old
04-10-2013, 08:22 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
What are you sick of?

The Montreal Canadiens are having a very good year after finishing in last place just a season ago.

Relax and enjoy the ride. Fretting about DD will not change a thing.
I guess you don't mind the team lacks a good heavyweight/fighters.

Old
04-10-2013, 08:44 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I guess you don't mind the team lacks a good heavyweight/fighters.
Good point and kudos to you for this response.

I think that the Habs need additional support in that area, especially on the backend.

However, and this is the biggest difference, I do not continually come onto the boards here after a loss............or even after a win........to complain that the reason we lost........or didnt win big enough......was because we do not have a heavyweight or a DMan who fights.

Discussing an opinion is one thing. Continued whining about that opinion is another.

I like your style.

Old
04-10-2013, 09:04 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Good point and kudos to you for this response.

I think that the Habs need additional support in that area, especially on the backend.

However, and this is the biggest difference, I do not continually come onto the boards here after a loss............or even after a win........to complain that the reason we lost........or didnt win big enough......was because we do not have a heavyweight or a DMan who fights.

Discussing an opinion is one thing. Continued whining about that opinion is another.

I like your style.
Obviously you won't mention it now, post trade-deadline, but you can't deny being vocal about multiple times to the point I can actually remember you bashing the Halpern waiver claim.

I guess it's up to you to whether you feel something is an opinion or whether another thing is classified as whining. I disagree about the idea that somehow one is superior to the other when both are just trying to discuss how to improve the team in their view.

Now concerning your 'opinions' on the dislike of other people giving their opinions on how to improve the team, or 'whining' as you put it... what does that classify as in your vocabulary? You continually come onto the boards here post it right after in response to the 'whining' you pointed out.

Old
04-10-2013, 09:20 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUpNHL View Post
You can talk about fairness all you want, but when your boss just signed a player to a 4 year extension as a top 6 player can u, the coach, move him to the third or fourth line and make your boss look bad?

Same thing here with Gomez... Jacques Martin had to keep playing him because it would have made his bosses look bad.

Same old BS here... and I'm just sick of it.
MB would not look bad. DD is paid as a 3rd liner.
His comparables are Turris (24pts), Tanguay (27), Bolland (14 in 30gp), Stajan (23), Upshall (3 in 18gp), etc..

So really, on what many considers a bad year, he has 22pts in 39gp. It's really not that bad, especially if you look at what his comparables for next year are doing.

So no, whatever MT decides to do with DD will not embarrass him because the contract he gave DD is far from being a bad one.

I don't know what you're talking about with regards to Gomez. He was moved down to the 4th line on more than one occasion last year.

Old
04-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
His comparables are Turris (24pts), Tanguay (27), Bolland (14 in 30gp), Stajan (23), Upshall (3 in 18gp), etc..

So really, on what many considers a bad year, he has 22pts in 39gp. It's really not that bad, especially if you look at what his comparables for next year are doing.

So no, whatever MT decides to do with DD will not embarrass him because the contract he gave DD is far from being a bad one.

I don't know what you're talking about with regards to Gomez. He was moved down to the 4th line on more than one occasion last year.
The only real comparable there is Tanguay. The rest are either good two-way or young and promising.

Old
04-10-2013, 09:35 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
The only real comparable there is Tanguay. The rest are either good two-way or young and promising.
I think DD would look great as a 3LW. He needs to be sheltered to produce and his biggest assets are his vision and playmaking, which will not disappear if he moves to the wing. Give him a big centre and he'll thrive. MT gave him the chance to be our Offensive 1B centre and he has proven he cannot be consistent enough. Despite the assets of those other players mentioned, DD can be a real asset, he just needs to be used right.

Old
04-10-2013, 09:37 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
I think DD would look great as a 3LW. He needs to be sheltered to produce and his biggest assets are his vision and playmaking, which will not disappear if he moves to the wing. Give him a big centre and he'll thrive. MT gave him the chance to be our Offensive 1B centre and he has proven he cannot be consistent enough. Despite the assets of those other players mentioned, DD can be a real asset, he just needs to be used right.
They should try him on wing, nothing to lose.

Old
04-10-2013, 09:38 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

TBH, if DD were to play wing, I'd probably want him to play with Eller. I think they'd really compliment eachother well.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
04-10-2013, 09:39 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

I would want Desharnais as winger, because he might actually learn WHEN TO let 'er rip instead of trying to dish every damn time.

Old
04-10-2013, 09:40 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
TBH, if DD were to play wing, I'd probably want him to play with Eller. I think they'd really compliment eachother well.
I would not mind at all. I don't see why they can't co-exist. Who would be last guy? Bourque? Prust? Pacioretty? That's my top 3 choices for the line.

Old
04-10-2013, 09:42 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I would not mind at all. I don't see why they can't co-exist. Who would be last guy? Bourque? Prust? Pacioretty? That's my top 3 choices for the line.
It's funny how much posters pit the two against one another, but they actually would work well together

DD-Eller-Ryder would be a great line, for example

Old
04-10-2013, 09:42 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
I've been saying this for a year or so now, put them together for christ sakes!

Old
04-10-2013, 09:43 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
I guess it depends, what wing did DD play when he was first called up? If DD is playing on the wing, it means Galchenyuk is at center and getting the soft minutes. So you've got to put together that line to take some of the pressure off Pleks. Would be nice to reunite Prust- Galchenyuk - Gallagher, so you could do Maxpac- Eller - DD. Always wanted to see what Maxpac could do with another big body guy that wasn't a disinterested Cole.

Old
04-10-2013, 09:44 PM
WakeUpNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post

Firstly, 22pts in 39gp projects to 46pts in 82gp which is HORRIBLE for a guy playing 1st line center with our two top wingers and getting top power play minutes.

Secondly, $3.5M per year is not 3rd line money. Eller with just about the same points as DD (with no power play time) gets $1.8M per year... that's 3rd line money.

The real problem here is that DD does not have what it takes to play as a top 2 center, not speedy enough to play as a winger and not physical enough to play as a bottom 2 center. In other words $3.5M he is a total waste of cap space... and for the NEXT FOUR YEARS.

Old
04-10-2013, 09:45 PM
Habs Junkie

Desharnais needs to be sheltered right? Galchenyuk needs to be sheltered, and so does beaulieu. That's why we lost, and will continue to lose if we have this many holes in the lineup and Therrien doing nothing about it. I'd rather shelter the two young ones then a supposed veteran for FOUR MORE YEARS!

Old
04-10-2013, 09:45 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

Quote:
I guess it depends, what wing did DD play when he was first called up? If DD is playing on the wing, it means Galchenyuk is at center and getting the soft minutes. So you've got to put together that line to take some of the pressure off Pleks. Would be nice to reunite Prust- Galchenyuk - Gallagher, so you could do Maxpac- Eller - DD. Always wanted to see what Maxpac could do with another big body guy that wasn't a disinterested Cole.
How about (in no order)

DD-Eller-Gally/Ryder
Pac-Plek-Bourque
Prust-Galch-Ryder/Gally

Edit: screwed it up

Old
04-10-2013, 09:46 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
In my mind, it has to be someone defensively responsible. Bourque, Prust, Gio are all good candidates.

Old
04-10-2013, 09:48 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
In my mind, it has to be someone defensively responsible. Bourque, Prust, Gio are all good candidates.
As it stands now, Eller and DD still have some issues with finish, so Pacioretty or Ryder would be on my list of candidates.

Old
04-10-2013, 09:51 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Obviously you won't mention it now, post trade-deadline, but you can't deny being vocal about multiple times to the point I can actually remember you bashing the Halpern waiver claim.

I guess it's up to you to whether you feel something is an opinion or whether another thing is classified as whining. I disagree about the idea that somehow one is superior to the other when both are just trying to discuss how to improve the team in their view.

Now concerning your 'opinions' on the dislike of other people giving their opinions on how to improve the team, or 'whining' as you put it... what does that classify as in your vocabulary? You continually come onto the boards here post it right after in response to the 'whining' you pointed out.
I disagreed with the Halpern acquisition. I will not deny that. Now that Halpern is on the team and he is a Hab, I am not bashing him if he makes a mistake. The deal is done and it serves no point.

I wanted Bergevin to bring in more toughness by signing Clowe. He did not, I voiced my disagreement in the PGT after the deadline and now have moved on. It is pointless to bash Bergevin when it accomplishes nothing.

The entire DD vs Eller fiasco has festered all season and it continues. This thread is living proof.

Old
04-10-2013, 09:52 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
He didn't play wing much apparently. I wouldn't mind Bourque too. For the hell of it I'd push max off the line just to get them away from each other and force new chemistry. Maybe we can put them back after but right now they need a change.

Quote:
It's funny how much posters pit the two against one another, but they actually would work well together

DD-Eller-Ryder would be a great line, for example
I like Ryder with Plekanec but you're right. Depth is never a bad thing and they'd work well together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
Desharnais needs to be sheltered right? Galchenyuk needs to be sheltered, and so does beaulieu. That's why we lost, and will continue to lose if we have this many holes in the lineup and Therrien doing nothing about it. I'd rather shelter the two young ones then a supposed veteran for FOUR MORE YEARS!
Do I need to hear you whine for the next 2-4 years? It gets old. Suggest a new solution like the other guys I'm quoting are because this is just you and some other repeating the same thing over and over again.

Quote:
How about (in no order)

DD-Eller-Gally/Ryder
Pac-Plek-Bourque
Prust-Galch-Ryder/Gally

Edit: screwed it up
Meh, not gally and DD. Need a big winger. I'd go with:

Desharnais-Eller-Bourque
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Prust
Gallagher-Plekanec-Ryder
Gionta

Quote:
Yah but rather a little size on wings. I find size more important on wing than C for this team.

Old
04-10-2013, 09:54 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
As it stands now, Eller and DD still have some issues with finish, so Pacioretty or Ryder would be on my list of candidates.
DD is on pace for 20 goals. I think both are 15-20 goal scorers in full year so that isn't bad. Bourque is also a 20 goal guy. Ryder a 30 and max a 25+. Any are big guys with some finishing ability.

Old
04-10-2013, 09:54 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

Quote:
Meh, not gally and DD. Need a big winger. I'd go with:

Desharnais-Eller-Bourque
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Prust
Gallagher-Plekanec-Ryder
Gionta
I like those lines too. It's great how many combinations can be had when we shuffle our top9. (ARE YOU LISTENING MT?????)

Old
04-10-2013, 09:56 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
I disagreed with the Halpern acquisition. I will not deny that. Now that Halpern is on the team and he is a Hab, I am not bashing him if he makes a mistake. The deal is done and it serves no point.

I wanted Bergevin to bring in more toughness by signing Clowe. He did not, I voiced my disagreement in the PGT after the deadline and now have moved on. It is pointless to bash Bergevin when it accomplishes nothing.

The entire DD vs Eller fiasco has festered all season and it continues. This thread is living proof.
This is a hockey forum. Nothing we do here really accomplishes anything.

Closed Thread