HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(Article) Bryzgalov sounds off on his future in Philadelphia

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-10-2013, 08:29 PM
  #26
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63
 
kudymen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Atlanta (Decatur)
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,169
vCash: 500
I always liked Bryz but then I read the article about him drowning those poor kittens

kudymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 08:44 PM
  #27
Phunhog
Registered User
 
Phunhog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 526
vCash: 500
He's Brzzzzzz

Phunhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 08:48 PM
  #28
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,422
vCash: 500
Im just wondering why all of the sudden Bryz is sounding off his lamentations to the media again. I mean in Russia he was doing the same and I realize with him his comments are more a defense mechanism than not actually caring but I wonder how hard does he really care? His comments are not mature ..they are very pedantic. He definitely gets no style points and his play is kind of mirroring his complacent comments. I really do think with this team he is more of an outsider lookin in or actually out. He should show more resolve IMO to live up to the expectations of the owner and GM...and the fans.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 08:57 PM
  #29
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers
 
Mats Zuccarelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Manhattan
Country: United States
Posts: 1,639
vCash: 500
All I know is that Bryz better stay in the NHL and not go to the KHL. His interviews are amazing

Mats Zuccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:00 PM
  #30
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinds View Post
You're not going to find anyone defending the Philly media. The point is Bryz said it, not the reporter. It's not speculation like that Couturier trade, its a quote from Bryz himself.

As for what Bryz said, bench him the rest of the year. "I have no control over it" is some ********, if you don't want to be bought out, you play better. You have control over how you play. You don't buy out a player who's performing well, and Bryz obviously doesn't care enough to try to improve his performance, or have the loyalty to try and stick with and help his team. He's not much of a competitor, and I don't want someone on the team who can't even keep up the appearance of giving a ****, much less actually give a ****.
No people seriously believe the sleeping thing just because Frank Seravelli said Lavi and players said it happened. 99% of the time the media are idiots blowing things out of proportion on here but since this involves Bryz and it fits some of the people on here's clear agenda of hating on him for everything possible the media suddenly becomes trustworthy. It's hypocrisy at its best.

As for Miller the Couturier thing was just an example to show what type of idiot we are dealing with here. It was nothing but a sensational piece at its best. The guy is an absolute hack of a writer.

I don't want Bryz here anymore at all just on the simple fact that he's an average goalie at best with a big cap hit. With that said I don't think the guy enjoys losing or having a terrible season and not living up to the expectations. He was doomed from the beginning when he signed that contract. Not that I blame him I wouldn't pass that money up either if I deserved it or not. I hate Bryz as the player not as a person like I think many people here do. I can see things objectively and put my hatred for him as a player aside.

As for the comments I don't see what's so wrong with that he was being honest. It is really out of his control. There's nothing he can do about it.

I never trusted the media here in Philly and I'm not changing my tune now. I hated Jeff Carter during his entire time he was here and didn't take the media's word just so I could bash Carter some more when that whole blow up with the media vs. him and Richie happened.


Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 04-10-2013 at 09:24 PM.
LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:36 PM
  #31
Flukeshot
Holmgren activate!
 
Flukeshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Milton, Ont
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 1,780
vCash: 50
What a crap article and shame on tsn for picking it up. Bryz didn't sound off, nor did he say he was not interested in playing in Philly. He was asked questions and gave "I don't care" replies. Such an easy topic to write about and it could have been with intelligence rather than so much inference.

Flukeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:41 PM
  #32
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
No people seriously believe the sleeping thing just because Frank Seravelli said Lavi and players said it happened. 99% of the time the media are idiots blowing things out of proportion on here but since this involves Bryz and it fits some of the people on here's clear agenda of hating on him for everything possible the media suddenly becomes trustworthy. It's hypocrisy at its best.

As for Miller the Couturier thing was just an example to show what type of idiot we are dealing with here. It was nothing but a sensational piece at its best. The guy is an absolute hack of a writer.

I don't want Bryz here anymore at all just on the simple fact that he's an average goalie at best with a big cap hit. With that said I don't think the guy enjoys losing or having a terrible season and not living up to the expectations. He was doomed from the beginning when he signed that contract. Not that I blame him I wouldn't pass that money up either if I deserved it or not. I hate Bryz as the player not as a person like I think many people here do. I can see things objectively and put my hatred for him as a player aside.

As for the comments I don't see what's so wrong with that he was being honest. It is really out of his control. There's nothing he can do about it.

I never trusted the media here in Philly and I'm not changing my tune now. I hated Jeff Carter during his entire time he was here and didn't take the media's word just so I could bash Carter some more when that whole blow up with the media vs. him and Richie happened.
There is a big difference between Bryz vs Richards/Carter. No players ever talked bad about them. The media may have been speculating but there was never anything from those two that was said to the media or by their teammates saying anything bad about them. Bryz is shooting himself with his lack of filter and that's the problem. People keep saying he's a breath of fresh air because he's honest but he doesn't stop and think before he speaks. He is just handing the media all kinds of material. If he was in a Canadian city and said things like this, he would be roasted, not only by the media but by the fans. As it is, I was listening to both Toronto sports radio stations today and there was a ton of talk about his comments and they were all laughing at him. I wish he would just do his job and stop talking because he's his own worst enemy.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:46 PM
  #33
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,357
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Is it bad I just don't care anymore lol.


Philly media sucks.

Bryz sucks.

This story sucks.


It means everything it doesn't. There. /thread. Nothing to see here

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:59 PM
  #34
Mota
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 992
vCash: 500
The Philly media was probably jumping for joy when Mason came here because they could go back to their 'go to' story of a goalie controversy. God forbid they actually come up with something original. There are so many hockey related things they can be writing about now but instead they chose to attack a guys character like they were a celebrity gossip column. They did the same with Richards. Give the guy some slack, there is a significant language barrier here so not everything he says is going to be the perfect answer. I'd like to see Panach or Serevalli go over to Russia and try to be interviewed in Russian.

And at least Bryz is honest...him and Kimmo are the only ones who seem to say how they actually feel. Everyone else just gives the same rehearsed answers when asked questions after loses...ironically those are the guys the media loves (Hartnell, Briere, Giroux).

Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:32 PM
  #35
healthyscratch
Registered User
 
healthyscratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
No people seriously believe the sleeping thing just because Frank Seravelli said Lavi and players said it happened.
They would be pretty good sources, no? So Seravalli is lying? Or Lavi and the players are lying? Who is your beef with and why is everyone lying?

It was first reported on 97.5 this morning, then everyone else picked up on it. Multiple sources have confirmed that he dozed off in the meeting, with Lavi saying that's not the reason why he was benched. Both goalies were told on Monday who was starting, then they had the meetings and Bryz fell asleep. So since he wasn't starting he clearly wasn't interested.

I'm not sure if you hate Seravalli, all Philly media, or just love Bryz. If multiple sources confirm and report something, with confirmation from the coach and players, isn't it true? What exactly is your stance?

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:58 PM
  #36
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
They would be pretty good sources, no? So Seravalli is lying? Or Lavi and the players are lying? Who is your beef with and why is everyone lying?

It was first reported on 97.5 this morning, then everyone else picked up on it. Multiple sources have confirmed that he dozed off in the meeting, with Lavi saying that's not the reason why he was benched. Both goalies were told on Monday who was starting, then they had the meetings and Bryz fell asleep. So since he wasn't starting he clearly wasn't interested.

I'm not sure if you hate Seravalli, all Philly media, or just love Bryz. If multiple sources confirm and report something, with confirmation from the coach and players, isn't it true? What exactly is your stance?
You got me I love Bryz. I guess you don't spend much time in the goalie thread.

You don't think people in the media here in Philly lack credibility? Especially the Flyers writers (Panotch, Seravelli, Charcidi, and Miller) have you seen their work before? They love their hit pieces.

Seravalli just said he heard the story and an unnamed player confirmed the story. His only quote from a person confirming it was anonymous. Despite players like Timonen denying the report. If you want to believe him go ahead but his past reports and other reports from other writers in this city lead me to believe that they are making something out of nothing here.

Edit: With the Lavi and other players confirmed it comment I was going off another posters post without actually reading the article. After reading the article it was actually the complete opposite of what the poster said in their post. Lavi and other players like Timonen, Simmonds, and Knuble actually denied the story.


Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 04-11-2013 at 12:21 AM.
LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:00 PM
  #37
Mota
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
They would be pretty good sources, no? So Seravalli is lying? Or Lavi and the players are lying? Who is your beef with and why is everyone lying?

It was first reported on 97.5 this morning, then everyone else picked up on it. Multiple sources have confirmed that he dozed off in the meeting, with Lavi saying that's not the reason why he was benched. Both goalies were told on Monday who was starting, then they had the meetings and Bryz fell asleep. So since he wasn't starting he clearly wasn't interested.

I'm not sure if you hate Seravalli, all Philly media, or just love Bryz. If multiple sources confirm and report something, with confirmation from the coach and players, isn't it true? What exactly is your stance?
Timonen, Simmonds, and Knuble all said it wasnt true. Are they lying? Maybe, but at least they are on the record saying he wasnt. There is no one on the record (that ive seen) saying he was sleeping...all we have is a Seravalli saying he talked to several players, but there is no confirmation of that.

So who should we believe? The three players who actually commented on it or a few reporters who "say" they have sources?

Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:04 PM
  #38
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,422
vCash: 500
I heard that Bryzgalov actually farted during the meeting to lighten the mood....

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:44 PM
  #39
Hockey Team
Hunger Force
 
Hockey Team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,485
vCash: 920
Confirmed with link (will post the link later):

Bryzgalov was seen panhandling in front of a restaurant in Philly. I guess he really is a bum!

obviously a joke

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:26 AM
  #40
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Team View Post
Confirmed with link (will post the link later):

Bryzgalov was seen panhandling in front of a restaurant in Philly. I guess he really is a bum!

obviously a joke
An unnamed player did confirm to me that Bryzgalov is now living in a van down by the river.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:44 AM
  #41
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
There is a big difference between Bryz vs Richards/Carter. No players ever talked bad about them. The media may have been speculating but there was never anything from those two that was said to the media or by their teammates saying anything bad about them. Bryz is shooting himself with his lack of filter and that's the problem. People keep saying he's a breath of fresh air because he's honest but he doesn't stop and think before he speaks. He is just handing the media all kinds of material. If he was in a Canadian city and said things like this, he would be roasted, not only by the media but by the fans. As it is, I was listening to both Toronto sports radio stations today and there was a ton of talk about his comments and they were all laughing at him. I wish he would just do his job and stop talking because he's his own worst enemy.
I know Derek Morris said it last year. I still find it weird that Flyers players go out of their way to always defend him. Giroux got kicked of the air during an interview because he cursed during a rant about how the media treats Bryz unfairly and the host didn't even say anything bad about Bryz during the interview. Is he a bad teammate? Who knows I don't know what goes on behind the scenes and neither does anybody on these boards. On one hand you have a guy like Morris who absolutely blasted Bryz even his playing ability during an interview when he wasn't even playing for them anymore. Now Giroux and them guys might be trying to keep peace and being politically correct. I guess we won't know until he's off the team and someone takes a shot at him like Morris did.

I wish Bryz would just shut his mouth some times too but seriously almost every interview the guy gets asked about the buy-out and it's the usual suspects asking the question every time after a while it gets ridiculous. Bryz needs learn how to handle the media better he's no Pronger but the guys asking the questions know what buttons to push to get him to say something ridiculous.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 01:36 AM
  #42
Qyburn
Registered User
 
Qyburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinds View Post
You're not going to find anyone defending the Philly media. The point is Bryz said it, not the reporter. It's not speculation like that Couturier trade, its a quote from Bryz himself.

As for what Bryz said, bench him the rest of the year. "I have no control over it" is some ********
In the future everyone should refer to this post as the primary example of the media manipulating those who lack intelligence.

Qyburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 02:04 AM
  #43
TheTechNoir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 294
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHI Flyers10 View Post
I just don't think he's that good. We've seen him go on some tears but I think he did care this season and played well early on but even when he wasn't you could tell he was pissed off and wanted to win the game. I think he's phoning it in a little bit now but he just isn't good enough for that contract.
He probably just isn't built for it, I can't imagine the psychological effects it would have on me being in his position. But I don't think the lack of consistency is a matter of not caring or trying like with some players. I think now it is just largely related to being exhausted why it looks like he isn't trying. That, and it's hard to look like you're trying and you're hungry if your morale and psychological state/confidence are devastated.

I wish he would work out, and he is NOT THE PROBLEM WITH THE TEAM THIS YEAR, but he isn't going to be the goalie we need. Man it would rock to get Nurse in the first round, Fucale in the 2nd, and Weegar in the third this draft... Murphy if by chance he's still available would be even better.

TheTechNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 03:10 AM
  #44
StandingCow
Registered User
 
StandingCow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 3,541
vCash: 50
He can sleep through every meeting as far as I am concerned as long as he stops the puck..

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 05:45 AM
  #45
healthyscratch
Registered User
 
healthyscratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
You got me I love Bryz. I guess you don't spend much time in the goalie thread.

You don't think people in the media here in Philly lack credibility? Especially the Flyers writers (Panotch, Seravelli, Charcidi, and Miller) have you seen their work before? They love their hit pieces.

Seravalli just said he heard the story and an unnamed player confirmed the story. His only quote from a person confirming it was anonymous. Despite players like Timonen denying the report. If you want to believe him go ahead but his past reports and other reports from other writers in this city lead me to believe that they are making something out of nothing here.

Edit: With the Lavi and other players confirmed it comment I was going off another posters post without actually reading the article. After reading the article it was actually the complete opposite of what the poster said in their post. Lavi and other players like Timonen, Simmonds, and Knuble actually denied the story.
That's fine was just trying to understand what you were saying.

But what I heard on the radio was that Lavi confirmed the nap when asked if that's the reason why he was benched and Mason got the start. Lavi said that was not the reason why, and the nap occurred after both goalies knew who was starting against the Isles. Was just letting you know that it wasn't just Seravalli with his pitch fork out, others have confirmed the nap as well. Maybe try reading someone other than Seravalli? Or stop relying in just HF posters for your news?

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 05:47 AM
  #46
healthyscratch
Registered User
 
healthyscratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
Timonen, Simmonds, and Knuble all said it wasnt true. Are they lying? Maybe, but at least they are on the record saying he wasnt. There is no one on the record (that ive seen) saying he was sleeping...all we have is a Seravalli saying he talked to several players, but there is no confirmation of that.

So who should we believe? The three players who actually commented on it or a few reporters who "say" they have sources?
Read my reply to Legion. Other sources outside of Seravalli confirmed it. And isn't it possible that Kimmo and the others are protecting one of their own? Just a thought.

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 09:29 AM
  #47
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I know Derek Morris said it last year. I still find it weird that Flyers players go out of their way to always defend him. Giroux got kicked of the air during an interview because he cursed during a rant about how the media treats Bryz unfairly and the host didn't even say anything bad about Bryz during the interview. Is he a bad teammate? Who knows I don't know what goes on behind the scenes and neither does anybody on these boards. On one hand you have a guy like Morris who absolutely blasted Bryz even his playing ability during an interview when he wasn't even playing for them anymore. Now Giroux and them guys might be trying to keep peace and being politically correct. I guess we won't know until he's off the team and someone takes a shot at him like Morris did.

I wish Bryz would just shut his mouth some times too but seriously almost every interview the guy gets asked about the buy-out and it's the usual suspects asking the question every time after a while it gets ridiculous. Bryz needs learn how to handle the media better he's no Pronger but the guys asking the questions know what buttons to push to get him to say something ridiculous.
I agree with a lot of this...there is just a bit too much smoke around Bryz and I also find it curious that the players go out of their way to defend him..usually G and Hartnell make the politically correct endorsements the most. I mean it is no secret that last year the team had a talk with him about being more committed to the team and management put a gag order on him with the press and Bryz eventually complied and in the offseason admitted he learned from his experience and even appreciated and understood the criticism. Then he goes to Russia...plays pretty poorly and the media circus follows him there and he goes into his defense mechanism mode with the press making comments too. Now this year after a good start he tows the company line and then as his play starts reverting to last year's mean of inconsistency he starts acting up again. Really he just needs to play hockey and get back to not playing around with the media the way he does. It creates too much of a distraction. He is no Pronger when it comes to dealing with the media so he should not feed into their attempts at inflating a story more than it should be inflated.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 09:49 AM
  #48
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,929
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
No people seriously believe the sleeping thing just because Frank Seravelli said Lavi and players said it happened. 99% of the time the media are idiots blowing things out of proportion on here but since this involves Bryz and it fits some of the people on here's clear agenda of hating on him for everything possible the media suddenly becomes trustworthy. It's hypocrisy at its best.

As for Miller the Couturier thing was just an example to show what type of idiot we are dealing with here. It was nothing but a sensational piece at its best. The guy is an absolute hack of a writer.

I don't want Bryz here anymore at all just on the simple fact that he's an average goalie at best with a big cap hit. With that said I don't think the guy enjoys losing or having a terrible season and not living up to the expectations. He was doomed from the beginning when he signed that contract. Not that I blame him I wouldn't pass that money up either if I deserved it or not. I hate Bryz as the player not as a person like I think many people here do. I can see things objectively and put my hatred for him as a player aside.

As for the comments I don't see what's so wrong with that he was being honest. It is really out of his control. There's nothing he can do about it.

I never trusted the media here in Philly and I'm not changing my tune now. I hated Jeff Carter during his entire time he was here and didn't take the media's word just so I could bash Carter some more when that whole blow up with the media vs. him and Richie happened.
You just read my mind and put it into words regarding every point you made. Well done my friend.

__________________
"Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death."
JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 09:55 AM
  #49
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,929
vCash: 50
Also, I "doze off" in meetings sometimes. I don't take my job lightly. I assume some of you have too.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 09:55 AM
  #50
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
RJ8812's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,938
vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
I heard that Bryzgalov actually farted during the meeting to lighten the mood....
I remember we used to do that back in my minor hockey days. If our coach would reem us out during the intermission. It would be dead silence after he would leave the room then BAM! someone lightens the mood by letting one rip

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.