Notices

Boston Bruins @ New Jersey Devils - II

Old
04-10-2013, 09:43 PM
Number8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizarro Bandwagoner View Post
Thanks, also sorry but nobody on the Bruins will take my calls so I can take it out on them.
Ha ha...... They ignore my calls too. ********!

Number8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaBoot View Post
Lucic and Horton benefit greatly from Krejci, and Julien knows it. Put them with any other CTR and they'll drag down whatever line they're on.....it's stunning how much they've changed. These are not the same guys from two years ago.
Unfair for Lucic to get lumped in w/ Horton. Right up there w/ Neely getting lumped in w/ Stevens. Ironic.

Lucic was moved off that line and scored a highlight reel goal. CJ put him back b/c when Marchand DK Horton did get out of their zone, they were offsides 13 times. Last year he was moved off that line, he Peverley and Kelly caught fire. DK ended up being moved to wing b/c he was so awesome w/o Lucic.

Every game, no matter win or lose, the discussion is Lucic. Even when he does play well, never enough. He had a bad night. His linemates did dinky ****in doo, but yeah, of course, here we are.

No one wants to talk a/b our D getting swarmed? Rubbed out? Can't connect a pass out of the zone? Routinely coughing up pucks at our blueline? Boychuk? Ference? Chara and Siedenberg look exhausted.

If Lucic could just deal w/ a two man forecheck.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rubber Biscuit
Noted Loui Apologist

Our magic number to clinch is now down to 1 point, btw

Rubber Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
We attack at 11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheerstoBeers View Post
Why are people saying Marchand has a concussion? Has there been anything released?

Could very well not be concussion
What happened to the optimistic crowd

Mike Yeos Eyebrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:44 PM
sooshii
Living the dream

vCash: 50
@NaokoFunayama: Monstrous night for Gregory Campbell. Led all forwards with 21:12. 2 goals, +2, won 67% of faceoffs.

sooshii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
maahchand10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
Lucic and Horton...3 shots and 1 hit between them tonight. Not sure what else needs to be said. Why Horton is never accountable for anything is beyond me. PC would be a fool to re-sign him. At this point he is dragging Lucic down....and Lucic needs to realize pretty quickly what got him his 6m salary and it isnt playing a fringe game with showing up once in a while. There is no good excuse for our top wingers to be producing like this. Simply unacceptable.

kind of funny we posted pretty much the same thought at the same time. So I'm not the only one

maahchand10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Chieftans22*
#FreeSeguin

How do we win games? Like, at all?

Chieftans22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:45 PM
bobbyorr04
Bruins fan 4ever

vCash: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goom 35 View Post
Wow, I can't believe Khodobin is not getting attacked here.

Rask would have been skewered for this.
Despite 4 goals, I thought Dobby played pretty good...how many PP's did the Devils have?

bobbyorr04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Why are people saying Marchand has a concussion? Has there been anything released?

It's a possibility.

Slow to get up. Not a good sign. Hopefully just dazed and will be back.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GoBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazenlo View Post
What would I do without you and Pierre?
Another witty response. A+ trolling.

Meh maybe your not watching the games and just checking the box scores wouldn't be the first time on this forum.

GoBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KCBRUIN
Tuukka Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooshii View Post
@NaokoFunayama: Monstrous night for Gregory Campbell. Led all forwards with 21:12. 2 goals, +2, won 67% of faceoffs.
Way to go Soup! give him so more!

KCBRUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:47 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
Lucic and Horton...3 shots and 1 hit between them tonight. Not sure what else needs to be said. Why Horton is never accountable for anything is beyond me. PC would be a fool to re-sign him. At this point he is dragging Lucic down....and Lucic needs to realize pretty quickly what got him his 6m salary and it isnt playing a fringe game with showing up once in a while. There is no good excuse for our top wingers to be producing like this. Simply unacceptable.
As long as they show up when it really counts, I couldn't care less how they look in a 48 games in 100 days season on a team that is 1st in division and 4th in entire NHL.

Jean_Jacket41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:49 PM
Lordstanley
Playoffs!

I agree , its embarassing to see that level of effort game in , game out . I truly wonder how they must feel , or they just don't give a **** at this point

Lordstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:51 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41 View Post
As long as they show up when it really counts, I couldn't care less how they look in a 48 games in 100 days season on a team that is 1st in division and 4th in entire NHL.
Yea...well if you havent noticed that is an issue too. Lucic hasnt really been a playoff beast.

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:52 PM
disfigured

Send a message via ICQ to disfigured Send a message via AIM to disfigured Send a message via MSN to disfigured Send a message via Yahoo to disfigured
I bit my tongue last game and posted positively, can't, can't do it again.......

After weathering a storm like we did and uncannily coming out on top with a couple of shorties and thus a 3 goal lead the system did nothing but allow the other team to counter it with pinching and heavy forechecking. Once again we see Claude's system handing momentum right back in the other direction.

3 goal lead, a demoralized Devil's team, but the play continues to be in our end, because we don't headman the puck, we think, we wait, we pass it back. It seems so many times, this team's concern, and now their only ability is to get it past the redline. Once that's accomplished, it's defensive posturing no matter what the score.

5 minute PP, no shots on net? Further proof that the system over time dulls the instinctual aspects of the player's offensive side of the game. I don't care who you put on the ice, a coach should be able to teach a team how to score, or at least get shots on net. The PP is when coaching has a chance to be a factor, it's when set plays and positioning get to be executed with the most consistency, and to plan. Yet Claude is unable no matter who the is in the line up, get these guys to do that. Anyone remember Chris Simon's run on the PP with the Caps a few years ago? They stuck thick head in front of the net and he picked up the scraps. Talent is great to have on the PP, but a decent one (not great) doesn't need as much talent as one thinks. The idea our talent is only good enough for practically worst in the league every year is ludicrous. This is on the coaching staff, 100% at this point. And again a shotless 5min PP only gives the other team confidence.

Now the young Swede is coming to the team? There's no future for Claude on this team, short of a deep run this coming PO. He's done a suburb job at righting the ship of the entire franchise and bringing a cup to Boston. But to give him a more talented team than this one is like putting a silk hat on a pig (no offense). Everything has a shelf-life, and Claude has reached his expiration date. At this point he's a soulcrusher.

Sidenote:
I don't think AV's elbow wasn't entirely malicious. Reckless yes, somewhat intentional, probably. But to me it looked as if he was trying to finish a check but lunged when Brad pulled up short on him. He was desperately trying to make contact and got caught in his own physical and emotional momentum, combined with some callous play. I say 3 games. AV is a big hitter but I don't think he has a history.

disfigured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:53 PM
blazenlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBs View Post
Your lack of hockey knowledge is laughable considering you've been on the forum so long.
Hey tough guy...somebody posted "win better dammit!" I got a chuckle out of it! You now feel the need to quote all of my posts to prove something to yourself? I do not disagree and have never disagreed in this thread that the B's just barely won that game...IT WAS NOT A PRETTY WIN. I am extremely sorry though if you thought I was trying to take the "hockey knowledge" crown away from you.

blazenlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:

Because it is a concussion. What else could it be? Broken skull? Cerebral hemorrhagy?

Jean_Jacket41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GoBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfigured View Post
I bit my tongue last game and posted positively, can't, can't do it again.......

After weathering a storm like we did and uncannily coming out on top with a couple of shorties and thus a 3 goal lead the system did nothing but allow the other team to counter it with pinching and heavy forechecking. Once again we see Claude's system handing momentum right back in the other direction.

3 goal lead, a demoralized Devil's team, but the play continues to be in our end, because we don't headman the puck, we think, we wait, we pass it back. It seems so many times, this team's concern, and now their only ability is to get it past the redline. Once that's accomplished, it's defensive posturing no matter what the score.

5 minute PP, no shots on net? Further proof that the system over time dulls the instinctual aspects of the player's offensive side of the game. I don't care who you put on the ice, a coach should be able to teach a team how to score, or at least get shots on net. The PP is when coaching has a chance to be a factor, it's when set plays and positioning get to be executed with the most consistency, and to plan. Yet Claude is unable no matter who the is in the line up, get these guys to do that. Anyone remember Chris Simon's run on the PP with the Caps a few years ago? They stuck thick head in front of the net and he picked up the scraps. Talent is great to have on the PP, but a decent one (not great) doesn't need as much talent as one thinks. The idea our talent is only good enough for practically worst in the league every year is ludicrous. This is on the coaching staff, 100% at this point. And again a shotless 5min PP only gives the other team confidence.

Now the young Swede is coming to the team? There's no future for Claude on this team, short of a deep run this coming PO. He's done a suburb job at righting the ship of the entire franchise and bringing a cup to Boston. But to give him a more talented team than this one is like putting a silk hat on a pig (no offense). Everything has a shelf-life, and Claude has reach his expiration date. At this point he's a soulcrusher.

Sidenote:
I don't think AV's elbow wasn't entirely malicious. Reckless yes, somewhat intentional, probably. But to me it looked as if he was trying to finish a check but lunged when Brad pulled up short on him. He was desperately trying to make contact and got caught in his own physical and emotional momentum, combined with some callous play. I say 3 games. AV is a big hitter but I don't think he has a history.
Wow didn't know we had 0 shots on that 5 minute pp.

Old
04-10-2013, 09:54 PM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
We attack at 11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41 View Post
Because it is a concussion. What else could it be? Broken skull? Cerebral hemorrhagy?
Wow why so negative?

Mike Yeos Eyebrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:56 PM
disfigured

Send a message via ICQ to disfigured Send a message via AIM to disfigured Send a message via MSN to disfigured Send a message via Yahoo to disfigured
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBs View Post
Wow didn't know we had 0 shots on that 5 minute pp.
That's what the NBC coverage said. If we got one I didn't see it, and if we did it was squib in on Marty.

disfigured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Neely08

Quote:
3 on 2, Lucic has a chance to shoot, drops it to Horton, of course no shot on goal. About the only chance they had all night, other than the one Horton couldn't lift over Brodeur's pad. I'd of had Horton off that line a month ago, Seguin up.

I have that terrible feeling the only time we'll see it broken up is down 2 goals in an elimination game. And at that point, you'll have guys who are scrambling to find chemistry b/c CJ couldn't overcome his ocd earlier in the season when he had the chance.

Now Marchand. Someone has to step up. Does this mean Pandalfo playing opposite Jags?

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfigured View Post

Now the young Swede is coming to the team? There's no future for Claude on this team, short of a deep run this coming PO. He's done a suburb job at righting the ship of the entire franchise and bringing a cup to Boston. But to give him a more talented team than this one is like putting a silk hat on a pig (no offense). Everything has a shelf-life, and Claude has reached his expiration date. At this point he's a soulcrusher.

Sidenote:
Check Volchenkov's hit on Zack Boychuk. Guy has trouble controlling his elbow.

Jack Donaghy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:57 PM
GoBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazenlo View Post
Hey tough guy...somebody posted "win better dammit!" I got a chuckle out of it! You now feel the need to quote all of my posts to prove something to yourself? I do not disagree and have never disagreed in this thread that the B's just barely won that game...IT WAS NOT A PRETTY WIN. I am extremely sorry though if you thought I was trying to take the "hockey knowledge" crown away from you.
You've been trolling this whole thread. Go back and read some of your posts. I gave you an honest assessment based on what I saw and an analyst noticed, and you come back with your " oh Pierre said that".

You were being a big time troll. Can't stand those " witty" responses that bring absolutely nothing to the table. From the sound of it you agreed with what I said. No need to be a ass about it.