HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#40: Leafs at Rangers (3 stars of the game)

View Poll Results: 3 stars?
Brian Boyle 37 23.42%
Henrik Lundqvist 132 83.54%
Carl Hagelin 87 55.06%
Derek Stepan 16 10.13%
Michael Del Zotto 0 0%
Ryan McDonagh 58 36.71%
Arron Asham 3 1.90%
Darrol Powe 5 3.16%
Rick Nash 5 3.16%
Derick Brassard 3 1.90%
Ryane Clowe 5 3.16%
Brad Richards 0 0%
Mats Zuccarello 91 57.59%
Ryan Callahan 3 1.90%
Other 2 1.27%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-10-2013, 09:50 PM
  #201
Loffen
Wen Kroy
 
Loffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soft euro
Posts: 17,123
vCash: 500
Zucc vs Dion:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7lRXaGcJsk


Shootout goal:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzxIbOkhpWU

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:52 PM
  #202
Rangerfan4life90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: College Point, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak View Post
Hank looks more and more unhappy after each interview, He wants out of this gong show.
I honestly wouldn't blame him. Could you imagine Hank on a team like the Pens? Good god..

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:54 PM
  #203
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,236
vCash: 500
John Giannone is hilarious. Needs to look up the word "cliche" in the dictionary. He just said "cliches are often used and overused". Am I the only one that found that funny?

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:55 PM
  #204
Thunderhead
Registered User
 
Thunderhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Raleigh NC
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 5,093
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
He's awesome.

Thunderhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:55 PM
  #205
Kreider Typical
flex
 
Kreider Typical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,546
vCash: 500
zucc had it right. there was no reason to high stick him there. it was a dirty retaliatory play. #suspendphaneuf25games

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:56 PM
  #206
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
....sheeesh. I'm glad we're not in a zombie apocalypse together. Would not want you watching my six.

Again...it's hockey. There is always a chance. They did plenty of that against a very good Penguin team. Hank is good enough to steal some games and that can make all the difference. Even if you don't know that, it's true.

Sometimes I think the biggest problem with the Rangers is this sense of defeatism that surrounds the team form all sides. Our fan base reminds me of the cubs fan base.
Dude, your entitled to drink the kool aid if you wish. I look at the product on the ice and it stinks. Hank isn't going to will our team to a stanley cup. Its not realistic. The team, for the third time with Torts, is going to struggle to make the playoffs.

Ya know what we did each of those times? First round exits. This team isn't hot. Their system is a leaky ship.

But hey if a zombie apocalypse does happen. You can bet it was the year Torts won a stanley cup with the New York Rangers...

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:57 PM
  #207
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,952
vCash: 500
I'd love to McIlrath come in here and just pound the snot out of Phanuef. I hate that sob.

Pizza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:58 PM
  #208
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw2004 View Post
If Hank leaves because of Torts I will never be a fan of this team. A fan since 1993.
If the teams future comes down to Torts vs Hank. Torts is a goner. You got nothing to worry about there.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:59 PM
  #209
ColonialsHockey10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,426
vCash: 500
Remember when Callahan used to hit everything that moved? Man I miss that player.

Terrible game by him. Girardi was bad, Callahan was a whole other level.

Boyle had a good game, as did Hagelin.

Still liking Brassard's game as well.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:00 PM
  #210
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Remember when Callahan used to hit everything that moved? Man I miss that player.

Terrible game by him. Girardi was bad, Callahan was a whole other level.

Boyle had a good game, as did Hagelin.

Still liking Brassard's game as well.
Meh Callahan tries really hard to help the team and still finishes his checks. But he simply isn't good enough of a player to play the minutes he does. He is not that smart of a player to handle that responsibility.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:02 PM
  #211
Wolfy
The Hobbit Rules!
 
Wolfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,284
vCash: 500
Zucc and Phaneuf certainly didn't like each other. Good to see Zucc doesn't back off, he may be small but there's nothing wrong with his temper. Since there's some Italian blood in him I guess thats where it comes from

Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:03 PM
  #212
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Dude, your entitled to drink the kool aid if you wish. I look at the product on the ice and it stinks. Hank isn't going to will our team to a stanley cup. Its not realistic. The team, for the third time with Torts, is going to struggle to make the playoffs.

Ya know what we did each of those times? First round exits. This team isn't hot. Their system is a leaky ship.

But hey if a zombie apocalypse does happen. You can bet it was the year Torts won a stanley cup with the New York Rangers...
I have no illusions about what's going on. It could be way better than it is. I get that. I will maintain that this team always has at least a sense of impending doom close at hand. Even when they are doing well. It's terrible to listen to and not a whole lot of fun. I'll leave you whiners to your embroidery.

Pizza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:05 PM
  #213
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Meh Callahan tries really hard to help the team and still finishes his checks. But he simply isn't good enough of a player to play the minutes he does. He is not that smart of a player to handle that responsibility.
On a good offensive team, Cally is a third line player. He can get streaky for a couple of game now and again. But if he has to play in a top six capacity with skill guys, he always looks lost.

Cally is a great banger and grinder. But he just doesn't have the creativity to be a consistent threat.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:06 PM
  #214
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
On a good offensive team, Cally is a third line player.
Absolutely.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:07 PM
  #215
Leetch2McDonagh27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 215
vCash: 500
Girardi is a Huge Problem right now. He's an absolute Abomination. So Awful.....for most of the year. And Torts praised him tonight on the Post Game!!! WTF???

Can Girardi straighten himself out? Who knows. But I would trade him at the draft while his value is still high.

Leetch2McDonagh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:07 PM
  #216
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
I don't blame him or the players around him. The team gets ZERO tactical answers from their coach. The only thing that putz can do is either slap a player on the back or kick them in the testicles.
You're really insufferable about this.

I sure blame the Torts system for making Girardi look like a Norris candidate last year while he's been a second pairing d-man this year.

...Oh wait, sometimes I forget everything ISN'T the coaches fault.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:08 PM
  #217
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
On a good offensive team, Cally is a third line player. He can get streaky for a couple of game now and again. But if he has to play in a top six capacity with skill guys, he always looks lost.

Cally is a great banger and grinder. But he just doesn't have the creativity to be a consistent threat.
All right, let's not get carried away. Maybe on a team like the Blackhawks. On a good offensive team he's a pretty good 2nd liner.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:08 PM
  #218
trilobyte
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 12,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
zucc had it right. there was no reason to high stick him there. it was a dirty retaliatory play. #suspendphaneuf25games
Take the batteries out of his boombox and send him to his room.
Of course, Elisha Cuthbert is up there, so that's hardly punishment.

Hey, I've got it. Call up McIlrath and have him lay a beating on him. It would be grand!

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:11 PM
  #219
NYRCSKA
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Parts unknown
Posts: 602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
Take the batteries out of his boombox and send him to his room.
Of course, Elisha Cuthbert is up there, so that's hardly punishment.

Hey, I've got it. Call up McIlrath and have him lay a beating on him. It would be grand!
Maybe have Avery bring them room service..

NYRCSKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:12 PM
  #220
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
You're really insufferable about this.

I sure blame the Torts system for making Girardi look like a Norris candidate last year while he's been a second pairing d-man this year.

...Oh wait, sometimes I forget everything ISN'T the coaches fault.
you mean the same system that burnt out our entire defensive corps?

You mean the same system where the Rangers can't make 3 foot passes to penetrate the offensive zone? Nah, better to dump the puck and make a line change...

You mean the same system that grinds our players to nubs on the boards.

The same system that is going to require Hank to stand on his head yet again down the stretch? Where more than likely he is going to be burnt out(yet again) when the playoffs roll around.

Dan G has been struggling but for love of zombie Jesus look how much ******* workload our defensive corps has to deal with night in and night out. Our forwards can almost never take any burden off of them because of a complete lack to generate any offensive pressure from the completely asinine board stacked cycling from the "system."

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:15 PM
  #221
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
you mean the same system that burnt out our entire defensive corps?

You mean the same system where the Rangers can't make 3 foot passes to penetrate the offensive zone?

You mean the same system that grinds our players to nubs on the boards.

The same system that is going to require Hank to stand on his head yet again down the stretch?

Dan G has been struggling but for love of zombie Jesus look how much ******* workload our defensive corps has to deal with night in and night out. Our forwards can almost never take any burden off of them because of a complete lack to generate any offensive pressure from the completely asinine board stacked cycling from the "system."
Absolutely spot on BSB.

We have two players that use the middle of the ice consistently, Nash and Stepan.

The so called 'system' we have is very unsustainable and we end up hoping and praying for wins due to this horrendous slap puck on board and hope it gets by 3 opposing players.

I long for the days the Rangers become a puck possession team. Maybe one day.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:19 PM
  #222
Leetch2McDonagh27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Absolutely spot on BSB.

We have two players that use the middle of the ice consistently, Nash and Stepan.

The so called 'system' we have is very unsustainable and we end up hoping and praying for wins due to this horrendous slap puck on board and hope it gets by 3 opposing players.

I long for the days the Rangers become a puck possession team. Maybe one day.

Torts must go......its just as simple as that. No other option imo

Leetch2McDonagh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:21 PM
  #223
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch2McDonagh27 View Post
Torts must go......its just as simple as that. No other option imo
Sather's fault too. For constructing this flawed lineup.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:21 PM
  #224
Emptyvoid
Registered User
 
Emptyvoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,368
vCash: 500
Only in Rangers land can you not tell when you won or loss based on the PGT.

Emptyvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:21 PM
  #225
NYRSchrute217
Registered User
 
NYRSchrute217's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Good game folks. It was fun till the shootout. No it's not because of the rangers. I just hate shootouts.
Good luck to the Leafs. I've thought they were building a nice group of forwards for a while and I've defended their playoff chances. Nice to see it paying off for you after a rough decade.

As for tonight, not impressed with the performance but it was a fun (yet inconsistent) game. Always great to get the 2 points but Saturday is huge.

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.