Boston Bruins @ New Jersey Devils - II

Old
04-10-2013, 09:58 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
Yea...well if you havent noticed that is an issue too. Lucic hasnt really been a playoff beast.
Besides last year, Lucic has always been a force in the playoffs.

As for Horton, we still haven't lost a playoffs series with him in the lineup.

I know that their play ain't up to par with what we know they can bring for too many nights. But as long as they stay healthy, I have no doubt that even the haters crowd will want back on the bandwagon come playoffs time.

Jean_Jacket41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:58 PM
CheerstoBeers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41 View Post
Because it is a concussion. What else could it be? Broken skull? Cerebral hemorrhagy?
whiplash, sore neck, stinger, torn trap muscle??

Looks bad but people jumping to conclusions before anything officially released..Could very well end up not being a concussion? Hopefully

CheerstoBeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:59 PM
maahchand10

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfigured View Post
I bit my tongue last game and posted positively, can't, can't do it again.......

After weathering a storm like we did and uncannily coming out on top with a couple of shorties and thus a 3 goal lead the system did nothing but allow the other team to counter it with pinching and heavy forechecking. Once again we see Claude's system handing momentum right back in the other direction.

3 goal lead, a demoralized Devil's team, but the play continues to be in our end, because we don't headman the puck, we think, we wait, we pass it back. It seems so many times, this team's concern, and now their only ability is to get it past the redline. Once that's accomplished, it's defensive posturing no matter what the score.

5 minute PP, no shots on net? Further proof that the system over time dulls the instinctual aspects of the player's offensive side of the game. I don't care who you put on the ice, a coach should be able to teach a team how to score, or at least get shots on net. The PP is when coaching has a chance to be a factor, it's when set plays and positioning get to be executed with the most consistency, and to plan. Yet Claude is unable no matter who the is in the line up, get these guys to do that. Anyone remember Chris Simon's run on the PP with the Caps a few years ago? They stuck thick head in front of the net and he picked up the scraps. Talent is great to have on the PP, but a decent one (not great) doesn't need as much talent as one thinks. The idea our talent is only good enough for practically worst in the league every year is ludicrous. This is on the coaching staff, 100% at this point. And again a shotless 5min PP only gives the other team confidence.

Now the young Swede is coming to the team? There's no future for Claude on this team, short of a deep run this coming PO. He's done a suburb job at righting the ship of the entire franchise and bringing a cup to Boston. But to give him a more talented team than this one is like putting a silk hat on a pig (no offense). Everything has a shelf-life, and Claude has reached his expiration date. At this point he's a soulcrusher.

Sidenote:
I don't think AV's elbow wasn't entirely malicious. Reckless yes, somewhat intentional, probably. But to me it looked as if he was trying to finish a check but lunged when Brad pulled up short on him. He was desperately trying to make contact and got caught in his own physical and emotional momentum, combined with some callous play. I say 3 games. AV is a big hitter but I don't think he has a history.

Totally hope the bolded is true. Unfortunately I think Chia likes his system. I think Cam is our only hope. How many years left on Claude's contract again like 3 right?

maahchand10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:59 PM
blazenlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBs View Post
You've been trolling this whole thread. Go back and read some of your posts. I gave you an honest assessment based on what I saw and an analyst noticed, and you come back with your " oh Pierre said that".

You were being a troll.
How about you go back and find these so called trolling threads of mine that got you so butt hurt? I'd love to see them.

blazenlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:00 PM
CanadianBruinsFan

Horton was a hero in 2011. I think he's still off from the most recent concussion. Unfortunately for him, the Bruins, and us, it's his contract year and I think it spells the end for him in the spoked B.

I work as an athletic therapist with a high level team and I have seen first hand the entire process of concussions, from impact, recovery and return to play. Obviously we know some players are never the same, and they can't explain why. They don't have to show symptoms, have headaches, or have any inclination that they're not OK.. other than the fact that they lost something. Some guys come back, but it often takes a calendar year to get back to where they were if they ever do.

I think this might be the case with Horton. He's been awful, handles the puck like a grenade. I feel bad for him if it's the lingering concussion effects. I really don't believe it's laziness or apathy. But the fact remains he needs to be demoted or scratched, because he does not deserve first line minutes at this point.

CanadianBruinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
disfigured

Send a message via ICQ to disfigured Send a message via AIM to disfigured Send a message via MSN to disfigured Send a message via Yahoo to disfigured
Quote:
Originally Posted by LancelotLink View Post
Check Volchenkov's hit on Zack Boychuk. Guy has trouble controlling his elbow.
Ok, so give him 5 because of a previous incident. I still don't think it was as malicious as some make it out to be. It's a contact sport and sometimes the contact doesn't come in the form of perfect execution within the rules (new, changing, and inconsistently enforced rules I might add).

disfigured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GoBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazenlo View Post
Oh, is that what Pierre said?
There's the first one.

GoBs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by HortonHearsAWoo View Post
Wow why so negative?
Don't know what you mean.

Jean_Jacket41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:01 PM
GoBs

Quote:
They may be losing...but they played a GREAT game!
2nd one.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:01 PM
RedBruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianBruinsFan View Post
Horton was a hero in 2011. I think he's still off from the most recent concussion. Unfortunately for him, the Bruins, and us, it's his contract year and I think it spells the end for him in the spoked B.

I work as an athletic therapist with a high level team and I have seen first hand the entire process of concussions, from impact, recovery and return to play. Obviously we know some players are never the same, and they can't explain why. They don't have to show symptoms, have headaches, or have any inclination that they're not OK.. other than the fact that they lost something. Some guys come back, but it often takes a calendar year to get back to where they were if they ever do.

I think this might be the case with Horton. He's been awful, handles the puck like a grenade. I feel bad for him if it's the lingering concussion effects. I really don't believe it's laziness or apathy. But the fact remains he needs to be demoted or scratched, because he does not deserve first line minutes at this point.
Yeah that's the way I see this too. He doesn't look right, and it's not floating. Lack of coordination.

RedBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:02 PM
Schmautzie
Dave est magané

Quote:

My theory is that he's trying to not initiate contact so he doesn't get hurt with his UFA status looming.

Schmautzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GoBs

Quote:
What would I do without you and Pierre?
3rd one.

Not one ounce of hockey talk was spoken in any of your responses. That's called trolling.

Old
HumBucker
HFBoards Sponsor

Great game by Campbell, Kelly, and Paille!

HumBucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:03 PM
Andrew83

Among others, Paille, Campbell, and Kelly really stepped up tonight.

Andrew83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:05 PM
blazenlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBs View Post
3rd one.

Not one ounce of hockey talk was spoken in any of your responses. That's called trolling.
OK, now go look at your last 4 or so post...

Anyway, I'm done with you. Your a miserable person I can tell. Wasting my time!

Thanks.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:06 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew83 View Post
Peverley played really well

wKetch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:06 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by maahchand10 View Post
Totally hope the bolded is true. Unfortunately I think Chia likes his system. I think Cam is our only hope. How many years left on Claude's contract again like 3 right?
You're joking, right?

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:07 PM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
Agreed.

Jack Donaghy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:07 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew83 View Post
With Bergeron out, it's great to have Kelly back.

I hope Marchand's OK.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:08 PM
blazenlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
With Bergeron out, it's great to have Kelly back.

I hope Marchand's OK.
Agreed, Kelly looked great tonight. Hopefully we get Bergy back by the first round!

Old
04-10-2013, 10:09 PM
GoBs

Quote:
OK, now go look at your last 4 or so post...

Anyway, I'm done with you. Your a miserable person I can tell. Wasting my time!

Thanks.
My first two were hockey related. Not miserable, just find it strange how someone gets a rise out of trolling another fan with the same opinion.

Old
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfigured View Post
Ok, so give him 5 because of a previous incident. I still don't think it was as malicious as some make it out to be. It's a contact sport and sometimes the contact doesn't come in the form of perfect execution within the rules (new, changing, and inconsistently enforced rules I might add).
I'd be okay with five games but I do think it was a really bad hit. Hard for me to be rational about Marchand though. I just like him too much.

Jack Donaghy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Orrthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
3 on 2, Lucic has a chance to shoot, drops it to Horton, of course no shot on goal. About the only chance they had all night, other than the one Horton couldn't lift over Brodeur's pad. I'd of had Horton off that line a month ago, Seguin up.

I have that terrible feeling the only time we'll see it broken up is down 2 goals in an elimination game. And at that point, you'll have guys who are scrambling to find chemistry b/c CJ couldn't overcome his ocd earlier in the season when he had the chance.

Now Marchand. Someone has to step up. Does this mean Pandalfo playing opposite Jags?
I like how you ignore the fact Lucic had a clear path to the net yet dropped the puck to Horton who had three Devils within a stick length. I like Lucic but he was a complete disaster tonight, the worst game he has played this year.

Orrthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:10 PM
bobbyorr04
Bruins fan 4ever

vCash: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
Yup, when Pevs is hustling he makes things happen...he's got some good wheels!

bobbyorr04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 10:12 PM
maahchand10

Quote:

Him no being demoted is insanity to me. Seguin lost 1 face off when he was at center, 2nd shift of the game I think... instantly demoted. Yet this 1st line is just inseperable apparantly. I am not sure if Julien is just waiting for them to snap out of it or what. But his unwillingness to make any moves on that line is just insane.

maahchand10 is offline   Reply With Quote