Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boston Bruins @ New Jersey Devils - II

Old
04-10-2013, 11:12 PM
disfigured

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to disfigured Send a message via AIM to disfigured Send a message via MSN to disfigured Send a message via Yahoo to disfigured
Quote:
Originally Posted by maahchand10 View Post
Totally hope the bolded is true. Unfortunately I think Chia likes his system. I think Cam is our only hope. How many years left on Claude's contract again like 3 right?
If I thought he could change his ways, I would still want him. But it's clear he's going to do things in an antiquated way considering our roster make up.

He gets results, and I suppose arguing anything other than that might be petty. But when I look at this team the last few games, I don't see a team that's capable of countering things that other P.O teams will throw at them in multiple situations.

He gets em on a roll, and goes deep all is forgiven, but games like this have me worried.

disfigured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:13 PM
RedeyeRocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segchise View Post
Why is our 1st line still together?????????????
I really have no idea. At this point I can't imagine how you keep so much payroll on the same line, and let them continue to repeat the same errors every game. It's absurd to expect different results from them now.

RedeyeRocketeer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:13 PM
maahchand10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
You're joking, right?
About?

maahchand10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:14 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
I'll post thought in the post game thread tomorrow if there is one...but it was nice to be out with the son watching Bruins...

Only thing I will say now is I have never seen less of an effort from two NHL players live in their D zone then Lucic and Horton tonight. They had ZERO compete. I thought it was bad on YV, and I know they can turn it up, but I actually put my Bruins sweatshirt over my Lucic T because I was so embarrassed.

WBC8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:15 PM
GoBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfigured View Post
If I thought he could change his ways, I would still want him. But it's clear he's going to do things in an antiquated way considering our roster make up.

He gets results, and I suppose arguing anything other than that might be petty. But when I look at this team the last few games, I don't see a team that's capable of countering things that other P.O teams will throw at them in multiple situations.

He gets em on a roll, and goes deep all is forgiven, but games like this have me worried.
I'm in the same boat, maybe their just coasting into the playoffs(albeit still winning) to limit injuries and fatigue?

GoBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:16 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
About?
Julien. He's won a Memorial Cup, a Calder and a Stanley. He's won coach of the year in the NHL. He's one of the winningest coaches in the history of the Bruins franchise. His team is in first place in the division and is regarded around the NHL as a Cup contender once again.

Consequently, if you're complaining about how many years he has left and wanting Neely to intervene (which he has said he does not do), you must be joking.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:17 PM
Shaun

Jagr's puck protecting ability makes me go from 6 to 12

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:19 PM
maahchand10

Quote:

I understand with the injuries getting the perfect line combos can definitely be difficult. It's not just his managing of the lines. That Carolina game was really scary, the first period was the sloppiest i can remember. Actually It's mostly the team seeming totally disinterested for a while now that is scariest.

Old
RedeyeRocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
I mentioned in the GDT that I wished he could teach 1/4 of that to Looch. Imagine if Looch could learn to leverage his strength like that and dangle that way.

RedeyeRocketeer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
nazartp

It was pretty good B's crowd in attendance. I sat in front of a guy with 4-5 year old son. Probably kid's first game. Dad: "We like the red team. The Devils." Kid, excitedly: "Yay!" Devils down three goals. Kid: "Dad, are you sure we like the red team?"

nazartp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:20 PM
Neely08

Quote:
I bit my tongue last game and posted positively, can't, can't do it again.......

After weathering a storm like we did and uncannily coming out on top with a couple of shorties and thus a 3 goal lead the system did nothing but allow the other team to counter it with pinching and heavy forechecking. Once again we see Claude's system handing momentum right back in the other direction.

3 goal lead, a demoralized Devil's team, but the play continues to be in our end, because we don't headman the puck, we think, we wait, we pass it back. It seems so many times, this team's concern, and now their only ability is to get it past the redline. Once that's accomplished, it's defensive posturing no matter what the score.

5 minute PP, no shots on net? Further proof that the system over time dulls the instinctual aspects of the player's offensive side of the game. I don't care who you put on the ice, a coach should be able to teach a team how to score, or at least get shots on net. The PP is when coaching has a chance to be a factor, it's when set plays and positioning get to be executed with the most consistency, and to plan. Yet Claude is unable no matter who the is in the line up, get these guys to do that. Anyone remember Chris Simon's run on the PP with the Caps a few years ago? They stuck thick head in front of the net and he picked up the scraps. Talent is great to have on the PP, but a decent one (not great) doesn't need as much talent as one thinks. The idea our talent is only good enough for practically worst in the league every year is ludicrous. This is on the coaching staff, 100% at this point. And again a shotless 5min PP only gives the other team confidence.

Now the young Swede is coming to the team? There's no future for Claude on this team, short of a deep run this coming PO. He's done a suburb job at righting the ship of the entire franchise and bringing a cup to Boston. But to give him a more talented team than this one is like putting a silk hat on a pig (no offense). Everything has a shelf-life, and Claude has reached his expiration date. At this point he's a soulcrusher.

Sidenote:
I don't think AV's elbow wasn't entirely malicious. Reckless yes, somewhat intentional, probably. But to me it looked as if he was trying to finish a check but lunged when Brad pulled up short on him. He was desperately trying to make contact and got caught in his own physical and emotional momentum, combined with some callous play. I say 3 games. AV is a big hitter but I don't think he has a history.
Not saying the PP isn't a train wreck, it clearly is. But, I think on the major they were skating around w/ their hearts in their throats over Marchand.

It's no secret how to play the B's anymore. 2 man forecheck, pinch your D, and the B's are a charlie foxtrot. On top of making horrid passes to the wings, even when they have space, they're getting picked off in the neutral zone, rinse and repeat. After a period of that, our D, probably the whole team, is completely gassed. How can teams pass or skate through a 1-2-2 so easily? They just back up, and up, never cause turn overs, forwards wave at pucks.

Wings are routinely beat to pucks on the boards b/c of where they're positioned in the box, and easy meat for pinching D. He lets them cheat on the PK, look how that worked out. 5 v 5? Nope. Burn out their legs going for pucks they're never going to get to, that's part of why the offense goes flat right there.

Disagree on Marchand. Don't know what Marchand said or did, but AV was looking for dirt over something.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:20 PM
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star

Quote:
mm?

ToddRundgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:21 PM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Quote:
Millimeters?

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:22 PM
Paddington

Some thoughts on tonight's game:

- The parade to the penalty box was frustrating. There were some calls that could have been let go but I suppose if you call each one exactly by the letter of the law then, sure.

- I mentioned net-front presence after the Carolina game. Now, that's 11 straight goals from pretty much in front of the crease.

-The PK was massive, as usual. I think I have taken them for granted this season.

-Speaking of taking for granted, it is refreshing to have Kelly back

- Krejci looked like he got hurt but we eventually breathed a sigh of relief. Marchand looked like he got hurt but we eventually breathed a sigh of relief. Unfortunately, The third scare was for real. Hopefully this isn't something that keeps Marchand out for long.

Paddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:22 PM
Shaun

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancelotLink View Post
mm?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
Millimeters?
I wish

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:23 PM
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star

Quote:
I wish

Nice

ToddRundgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:29 PM
maahchand10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Julien. He's won a Memorial Cup, a Calder and a Stanley. He's won coach of the year in the NHL. He's one of the winningest coaches in the history of the Bruins franchise. His team is in first place in the division and is regarded around the NHL as a Cup contender once again.

Consequently, if you're complaining about how many years he has left and wanting Neely to intervene (which he has said he does not do), you must be joking.
No, not joking one bit. Excuse me for not remember his winning the Memorial Cup, or the Calder, and I am extremely greatful to what he did in 2011 as well as his putting some structure into an awful team when he first took over. Unfortunately that cup was won in 2011...Today, in 2013 I see a team consistently not playing a full 60 minutes. They look totally lost half the time (D zone/breakouts). They blow leads which is pretty uncharecteristic of this team, and when a team sends two forecheckers on the D they don't know how to handle it. Now maybe it's the players , I don't know, but I don't see 2011 replicating itself anytime soon.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:30 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orrthebest View Post
I like how you ignore the fact Lucic had a clear path to the net yet dropped the puck to Horton who had three Devils within a stick length. I like Lucic but he was a complete disaster tonight, the worst game he has played this year.
Reading comprehension problems? Point I was making was he should have ripped it and never dropped it to Horton. He's been doing that all year. He should worry a/b himself, not his buddy.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:36 PM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Quote:
No, not joking one bit. Excuse me for not remember his winning the Memorial Cup, or the Calder, and I am extremely greatful to what he did in 2011 as well as his putting some structure into an awful team when he first took over. Unfortunately that cup was won in 2011...Today, in 2013 I see a team consistently not playing a full 60 minutes. They look totally lost half the time (D zone/breakouts). They blow leads which is pretty uncharecteristic of this team, and when a team sends two forecheckers on the D they don't know how to handle it. Now maybe it's the players , I don't know, but I don't see 2011 replicating itself anytime soon.
Serious question, did you see 2011 coming at all before the playoffs began?

Most didn't.

In fact, the B's were not playing all that great (7-4-4 in March, 3-2 in April) heading into the playoffs then. They are having issues right now, but if they can get healthy in the next couple of weeks they have as good a chance as any team to come out of the East.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:39 PM
bruinmann77

Guys who caused the cncussions should be suspended for the amount of games the Concussed player misses

bruinmann77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:41 PM
maahchand10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
Serious question, did you see 2011 coming at all before the playoffs began?

Most didn't.

In fact, the B's were not playing all that great (7-4-4 in March, 3-2 in April) heading into the playoffs then. They are having issues right now, but if they can get healthy in the next couple of weeks they have as good a chance as any team to come out of the East.
Come on I'm a Bruins fan, of course not. Not until the clock ran down to 0:00 . I understand your point, anything can happen. I'm pessemistic in general, and when it comes to the Bruins...

Old
04-10-2013, 11:41 PM
The Special K
Hoss MOFO, Hoss.

Quote:
what...I don't get it?!?!?!

maybe draw a picture.

The Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:42 PM
Pie O My

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
Reading comprehension problems? Point I was making was he should have ripped it and never dropped it to Horton. He's been doing that all year. He should worry a/b himself, not his buddy.
and it was even obvious to the broadcasters who don't see them day in and day out. Like Mcguire said, they've gotta drop the fancy stuff and play to their power game and just start running over people.

Pie O My is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:42 PM
bruinmann77

I am glad we won tonight and took over 1st place.But please for once play a full60 min game and let us enjoy a win

bruinmann77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:45 PM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeRocketeer View Post
I mentioned in the GDT that I wished he could teach 1/4 of that to Looch. Imagine if Looch could learn to leverage his strength like that and dangle that way.
That is Rick Nash my fellow poster.

Kelly23 is offline   Reply With Quote