HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

edm/mtl

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2013, 05:33 PM
CanadienShark

vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagorix View Post
And what "sort of character" is he exactly? After the contract issue (which he ended up staying loyal and going for a low-ball offer) when the media was swarming him, he had nothing but good things to say about his coach and teammates and had no problem working his way back onto top pairing minutes. So seriously, please tell me how Subban is a clown, I'm dying to hear it. The guy has shown nothing but heart and an intense desire to better his game.
He's one of those ignoramuses that just regurgitates what he reads here and hears on TV, apparently. It's funny how Subban is considered to have a bad character by hockey "fans" who don't watch him. Anyone who's followed Subban would say he's got one of the best characters on the Habs. He's certainly my favourite player in the NHL - for his on-ice play and his great personality off-ice.

Old
04-10-2013, 06:02 PM
Mrb1p

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilvision View Post
Start with Subban or Price
And then you guys add substantial value, right?

Old
04-10-2013, 06:20 PM
Gritzky98
Lottery Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
I wouldn't give up Patches for Yak. Not adding.
lol.

Old
04-10-2013, 07:01 PM
Seachd

Quote:
Start...?

If you could get either of them for Yak straight up, you'd take that and run.
My favorite posts are the ones where someone tells someone else what that person would do.

Old
04-10-2013, 07:02 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritzky98 View Post
lol.
I would do it one for one. But I certainly wouldnt add. So far... Young established forward > Young prospect with around the same potential

Old
04-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Lebowski

Quote:
lol.
Patches has produced more than guys like Nash and Perry in the last two seasons combined... He's not a big name, but he's a legit 1st liner.

I'd probably have entertained the thought of trading him for Yakupov had the Habs been as bad as last season, but given the current situation, I wouldn't trade him for Yak either, even though the odds of Yakupov surpassing Pacioretty in the future are pretty high.

Old
04-10-2013, 07:15 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I would do it one for one. But I certainly wouldnt add. So far... Young established forward > Young prospect with around the same potential
I'm pretty certain he has a higher ceiling. Do you think Galchenyuk has "around the same" potential as Pacioretty? I'd hope you have higher expectations than that if you spent a 3rd overall pick on him. Could you live with him being on that level? Probably, but I think Galy has ppg potential, much like I think Yak has the potential to put up 40+ goals.

All that said, MP + this years first would get me thinking. MP straight up though? Not a chance.

Old
04-10-2013, 07:32 PM
DK28

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilvision View Post
Start with Subban or Price
Max Pacorietty would look great as well. A nice Power forward with 35 goal 70 point ability.

Old
04-10-2013, 07:51 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
lol.
Why are they better players? Better draft pedigree? Don't think so. I wouldn't trade a very good young almost PPG winger for a young winger with upside. Patches brings a lot to the team - things that Yakupov wouldn't bring, for example size and grit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd View Post
My favorite posts are the ones where someone tells someone else what that person would do.
Well there's something to be said for being reasonable. If someone offered you Crosby for Clowe, you'd do it in a heartbeat. It's not a question. Price/Subban are worth far more than Yakupov and it's not even a question.

Old
04-10-2013, 08:03 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
I wouldn't give up Patches for Yak. Not adding.
what's this... seriously dude?

gnaaa! this board sometimes

Old
04-10-2013, 08:03 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
lol.
Pacioretty is signed for 6 more years at $4.5 million per year, we'll see who's lolling in a few years.

Old
04-10-2013, 08:25 PM
Frank Drebin

vCash: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigglesworth View Post
Of course they would...so would I. Just not for Yakupov. The talent is undeniable, but the guy is a complete clown. If I'm taking a chance on someone with that sort of character, I'm not giving up a potential franchise player. 99.99% of Canadiens fans will strongly disagree, of course, and say that there are no character issues whatsoever and he's worth at least Yak + Hall + RNH...

For last years Norris winner? I would absolutely trade Yakupov and more.
2012 called, they want their biased and uneducated opinion back.

Old
04-10-2013, 08:32 PM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 1206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
So you would be willing to trade your 19 year old unproven rookie for a 23 year old franchise D who is putting up PPG and getting serious Norris consideration? Wow.

I wouldn't trade Subban 1 for 1 for anyone on the Oilers.
Well then just send us Kaberle for Yakupov, that seems fair.

Old
04-10-2013, 08:33 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post
Well then just send us Kaberle for Yakupov, that seems fair.
he doesn't character issues

Old
04-10-2013, 08:35 PM
Undertakerqc

Yakupov is a hot dog and will be cancer in the room has year goes by, dont want him with the Habs.

Old
04-10-2013, 08:37 PM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

Habs fans seem to be having some trouble here. Habs fan asks what it'd take to get Yakupov, Answer is Subban, which we know wouldn't happen. Three pages of Habs fans spluttering and waving their arms about, incredulous that we'd have to gall to think we could get Subban for Yakupov.

That's our way of saying a deal isn't going to happen, no need to be outraged.

Old
04-10-2013, 08:38 PM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Yakupov is a hot dog and will be cancer in the room has year goes by, dont want him with the Habs.
This couldn't be farther from the truth, and is just embarrassing to read. All Yak ever talks about is helping the team and loving his teammates. He puts the team ahead of himself all the time.

Old
04-10-2013, 08:50 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
what's this... seriously dude?

gnaaa! this board sometimes
Care to explain? Patches is a 60+ point powerforward winger who's on a very nice contract and has ~35 goal potential on a year in, year out basis. What's Yakupov? A whole lot of potential.

Old
04-10-2013, 09:01 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
I hope this is an attempt at being funny...the same being said about Subban but it not being true there either. If not, all I have to say is... don`t be ridikalus.

Old
04-10-2013, 09:02 PM
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard

Quote:
Is Subban a cancer?

Old
04-10-2013, 09:12 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Care to explain? Patches is a 60+ point powerforward winger who's on a very nice contract and has ~35 goal potential on a year in, year out basis. What's Yakupov? A whole lot of potential.
but that's the point, a lot of potential. 30 goals is pretty much on the low-end of the guy's potential. and while i don't usually harp on about potential over proven ability, recent history has shown that first overalls never disappoint. it's not not just about 'potential', it's about game breaking potential. you have a chance to get this guy for patches straight up, you do it. simple as that. don't want to add too much for him, that's fine, i wouldn't want to either. but you are a serious homer if you say wouldn't do pacioretty straight up for yakupov.

im sure galchenyuk will end up the better player but that's a story for another day

and my phone keeps trying to autocorrect 'pacioretty' to 'overcapacity', don't know why but i like it

Old
04-10-2013, 09:28 PM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

Defencemen are hard to scout as junior players to what they will acheive as a pro , why Subban was drasfted 2nd round lots of skill but whether it would carry over to pro level different story, well it has and Subban would be a First overall pick now knowing where he is at now. Subban carries more value than Yakupov at present time whether Fellow Oiler fans want to realize it or not.

Old
04-10-2013, 09:31 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
Defencemen are hard to scout as junior players to what they will acheive as a pro , why Subban was drasfted 2nd round lots of skill but whether it would carry over to pro level different story, well it has and Subban would be a First overall pick now knowing where he is at now. Subban carries more value than Yakupov at present time whether Fellow Oiler fans want to realize it or not.
Top 2 for sure. Patty Kane is a pretty good player too. It would depend on the teams need most likely.

Old
04-10-2013, 09:31 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
but that's the point, a lot of potential. 30 goals is pretty much on the low-end of the guy's potential. and while i don't usually harp on about potential over proven ability, recent history has shown that first overalls never disappoint. it's not not just about 'potential', it's about game breaking potential. you have a chance to get this guy for patches straight up, you do it. simple as that. don't want to add too much for him, that's fine, i wouldn't want to either. but you are a serious homer if you say wouldn't do pacioretty straight up for yakupov.

im sure galchenyuk will end up the better player but that's a story for another day

and my phone keeps trying to autocorrect 'pacioretty' to 'overcapacity', don't know why but i like it
I see Yakupov's ceiling as a 80-90 point player. I see Patches' ceiling as a 70-80 point player. I'm willing to sacrifice that slightly higher ceiling for a number of reasons. Patches is a speedy young powerforward, which Montreal needs more than a Yakupov-esque player. I like Pacioretty's physicality, two-way ability, etc. more than what Yakupov brings. I could go on, but I won't just for the sake of time. I just mean that I wouldn't trade Pacioretty for Yakupov. If I was building a team from scratch, perhaps I'd take Yakupov, but the Habs need Pacioretty a hell of a lot more than we need Yakupov. Not to mention the fact that Montreal is trying to win now - Yakupov would help us in a few years, while Max can help us now and in the future.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:30 PM
Undertakerqc

I would not touch Yakupov with a 10 foot pole. He has Nikolai Zherdev or Alexander Radulov written all over him.

Closed Thread