Trade Proposals and Rumors Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2013, 04:35 PM
herashak

vCash: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Your telling me you think Sven + 4th round pick is going to be better than Barkov?
> implying sven and a 4th gets barkov

Old
04-04-2013, 04:36 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by herashak View Post
> implying sven and a 4th gets barkov
Never said it would, I said if it would, would you do it. Much like the talk of trading JG + late first to move up.

Old
04-04-2013, 04:37 PM
herashak

Quote:
Never said it would, I said if it would, would you do it. Much like the talk of trading JG + late first to move up.
jg and a late first wont get barkov

Old
04-04-2013, 04:39 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
jg and a late first wont get barkov
Its like talking to a brick wall.

I never said either could, before someone mentioned they would trade JG + STL first to move up and I said I wouldn't do it except for a top 5 pick. I then asked if people would trade Sven and a mid round pick to get into the top 5 if Barkov is still there. I never said it could or would I was simply asking if people would but apparently Crosby won't sign here if we trade Sven.

Old
04-04-2013, 04:43 PM
herashak

Quote:

I never said either could, before someone mentioned they would trade JG + STL first to move up and I said I wouldn't do it except for a top 5 pick. I then asked if people would trade Sven and a mid round pick to get into the top 5 if Barkov is still there. I never said it could or would I was simply asking if people would but apparently Crosby won't sign here if we trade Sven.
why are we speculating on his worth. JG is part of managements plans for the future. sure i'd trade JG and a 20th for barkov but it will never happen.

Old
04-04-2013, 04:45 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
why are we speculating on his worth. JG is part of managements plans for the future. sure i'd trade JG and a 20th for barkov but it will never happen.
Yes that is what I said, I then asked if people would trade Sven for a top 5 pick and was told that would be a no. I never said it could happen was simply asking. From now on I will only post 100% plausible situations since clearly everything else is above your grasp.

Old
04-04-2013, 04:50 PM
herashak

Quote:
Yes that is what I said, I then asked if people would trade Sven for a top 5 pick and was told that would be a no. I never said it could happen was simply asking. From now on I will only post 100% plausible situations since clearly everything else is above your grasp.
better than these questions about trading all our top prospects for barkov

Old
04-04-2013, 05:39 PM
DBU
Bars for Eons

vCash: 50
Quote:

Is that seriously what you took from our posts?

That's not the same thing, and you know it. Would anyone here trade Sven + 1st for Crosby? Of course. Why? Because Crosby has proven to be the best player in the world. Trading unknown commodities (forgetting what Sven has accomplished to this point for a moment) for a known commodity is entirely different from trading unknown commodities for equally unknown commodities.

No one here is calling Sven the next Gretzky, but it seems like that's the only way you interpret the posts of people trying to justify keeping him. You don't draft a kid, give him a taste of the action, have him fall in love with the team, and get the fans in love with him... only to trade him for a player who might be better down the road. We keep talking about good asset management around here - how exactly is that good asset management?

No one is expecting Crosby to sign here and your example is way too hyperbolic for my liking.

Not to mention the fact that, don't you think this organization has incurred enough bad luck the last little bit? I'd rather not piss off the hockey gods by making questionably moral moves in an attempt to maybe get better. Just stick with what we have and it'll pay off. Sven's a great prospect, there's zero need to trade him.

Last edited by DBU: 04-04-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old
04-04-2013, 05:50 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autograph View Post
It's a hell of a good way to demotivate players and not have ANYONE want to come to your team to play with that kind of managerial reputation.
It's not even a sports thing, it's how business should be conducted. Yes, one should look to improve their product but it's a bad idea to basically backstab an enthusiastic kid who wants to be here.

Demoting/trading players before they are given a chance... already screwed up with Irving and who knows how many others, but I don't want to see any more of that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBU View Post
What does this even mean?
Apparently by trading Sven no one would want to come play here.

Old
04-04-2013, 05:57 PM
DBU
Bars for Eons

Quote:
Apparently by trading Sven no one would want to come play here.
Not just Sven. Do that to any player and you're likely to find yourself in a hole.

Old
04-04-2013, 06:03 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Not just Sven. Do that to any player and you're likely to find yourself in a hole.
So if we trade anyone no one will want to play here? Well **** we shouldn't have traded Comeau. If your talking about prospects then **** we shouldn't have traded Negrin.

Old
04-04-2013, 06:05 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 375
Washington traded Forsberg, they're not a pariah...

Old
04-04-2013, 06:10 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Washington traded Forsberg, they're not a pariah...
Toronto traded Tlusty, Ottawa and STL traded Runblad, Buffalo traded Hodgson, Pits traded Morrow, etc

Players understand it is a business first.

Old
04-04-2013, 06:11 PM
DBU
Bars for Eons

Quote:
So if we trade anyone no one will want to play here? Well **** we shouldn't have traded Comeau. If your talking about prospects then **** we shouldn't have traded Negrin.
Jesus, talk about talking to a wall.

Do you really not understand the point I'm trying to make? Why would you trade a grade-A prospect - one that we know what have in him - essentially for a prospect that may or may not turn out to be as good as the one we already have? If you truly think in your heart of hearts that Barkov is going to surpass Baertschi, then that's fine, but I seriously don't understand how you can be so shortsighted that you can't see why trading a prospect who is committed to making this team has bad juju written all over it.

Players are one thing. Teams trade players all the time in an attempt to improve. Prospects are different. They take time to develop, and tossing aside the old one (that works just fine) just because a shiny new one comes along is a bad idea and bad karma.

EDIT: That's not even to mention the fact that the pick we'd have to throw into that trade also has a chance of being something good. Two good players > one good player, IMO.

Old
04-04-2013, 06:15 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Jesus, talk about talking to a wall.

Do you really not understand the point I'm trying to make? Why would you trade a grade-A prospect - one that we know what have in him - essentially for a prospect that may or may not turn out to be as good as the one we already have? If you truly think in your heart of hearts that Barkov is going to surpass Baertschi, then that's fine, but I seriously don't understand how you can be so shortsighted that you can't see why trading a prospect who is committed to making this team has bad juju written all over it.

Players are one thing. Teams trade players all the time in an attempt to improve. Prospects are different. They take time to develop, and tossing aside the old one (that works just fine) just because a shiny new one comes along is a bad idea and bad karma.
Runblad was traded for a pick. It happens from time to time you are simply attached to Sven and refuse to trade him. Thats fine but stop acting like this create a huge wave around the nhl and players won't want to play here because we traded a prospect.

The pick was a 4th/5th rounder sure it might be good but that is pretty poor logic.

Old
04-04-2013, 06:17 PM
DBU
Bars for Eons

Quote:
Runblad was traded for a pick. It happens from time to time you are simply attached to Sven and refuse to trade him. Thats fine but stop acting like this create a huge wave around the nhl and players won't want to play here because we traded a prospect.

The pick was a 4th/5th rounder sure it might be good but that is pretty poor logic.
Fair enough. Maybe I am attached to Sven, yeah. I still think I have a point though, lol.

Also, I must have misread because I thought you suggested moving Sven and one of our other 1sts, not a 4th/5th rounder. My bad.

Old
04-04-2013, 06:21 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Fair enough. Maybe I am attached to Sven, yeah. I still think I have a point though, lol.

Also, I must have misread because I thought you suggested moving Sven and one of our other 1sts, not a 4th/5th rounder. My bad.
I said mid pick, I guess it was unclear. I understand not wanting to move Sven but to me Barkov>Sven and I would easily move Sven for a chance at him.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:02 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
This is the closest I could find to a "visitors" thread, so forgive me if this question is in the wrong place.

Anyway, what year was it that Calgary got off to one of the moat impressive starts ever and then dropped off and ended up missing the playoffs? Wasn't there a season fairly recently in which the flames got off to a record breaking start before a big collapse?

What year was that?

What was the story there?

04-11-2013, 01:15 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
This is the closest I could find to a "visitors" thread, so forgive me if this question is in the wrong place.

Anyway, what year was it that Calgary got off to one of the moat impressive starts ever and then dropped off and ended up missing the playoffs? Wasn't there a season fairly recently in which the flames got off to a record breaking start before a big collapse?

What year was that?

What was the story there?
I believe you mean the season we got Jbo. We were first in the NW until an epic 9 game losing streak that resulted in trading Dion. As the rumor goes, Dion had started to become quiet the partyer and got a little friendly with one of the flames players wives (I believe the rumor was Conroy's). It all ended apparently with Dion and Regehr in a shouting match and Iginla telling Sutter it was Dion or him. Don't ask for sources it has been years doubt I can find any but that is one of the rumors I heard.

Old
04-11-2013, 06:48 AM
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial

Quote:
I believe you mean the season we got Jbo. We were first in the NW until an epic 9 game losing streak that resulted in trading Dion. As the rumor goes, Dion had started to become quiet the partyer and got a little friendly with one of the flames players wives (I believe the rumor was Conroy's). It all ended apparently with Dion and Regehr in a shouting match and Iginla telling Sutter it was Dion or him. Don't ask for sources it has been years doubt I can find any but that is one of the rumors I heard.
there were too many rumors about that, none of which are likely true.

But I think he means the first year Roman Turek was a Flame in 2001-02. The Flames started the year 13-4-4 (Turek started 12-2-4), by January 31st they were already .500 and then ended up finishing 3 games under .500 and out o the playoffs.

It was a classic case of a young team riding an amazingly hot goaltender to an incredible start. It made everyone think the team was better than they were and the coach wasn't complete garbage (which Greg Gilbert was) That team was pretty young and had alot of up and coming players in their early 20s. Regehr was 21, Morris & Lydman were 23, Iginla & Savard were 24. 12 of the regulars on the team were 25 and under.

Then over the next 12 months Button really ****ed the Flames franchise. He traded away Morris, MacAmmond & Shantz for Drury & Yelle (Flames would have been much better off keeping Morris & McAmmond and finding a way to pick up Yelle in a lesser deal), then he traded away Marc Savard for some Russian who played as well as I can spell his name without help.

It's kind of funny when you look at it but the moment Darryl Sutter was hired as coach the trades started getting better and more frequent (makes you wonder if Button was really done but was kept on until the season was finished). In the first 3 months with Darryl as coach the Flames dumped dead weight in Rob Niedermayer & Jamie Wright while adding Ference, Commodore, McAmmond (again) & Donovan.

And can you imagine how good that 2003-04 team would have been if they would have still had Derek Morris & Marc Savard?

Old
04-11-2013, 11:38 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Quote:
I'd trade him pretty easy for Barkov.
So we should trade one of our Blue chippers, for another Blue chipper. Talk about spinning tires.

I get that Barkov would be an upgrade but that's not how you build a hockey team.

Old
04-15-2013, 01:50 AM
Flamesarmstrong22

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
So we should trade one of our Blue chippers, for another Blue chipper. Talk about spinning tires.

I get that Barkov would be an upgrade but that's not how you build a hockey team.
100% agreed. Baertchi goes no where.

Old
04-15-2013, 11:42 AM
Volica

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post

Unless Calgary all of a sudden amasses incredible wealth on LW, while it remains poor in other locations, where Sven becomes expendable (kind of like the Pitts Defense situation this year); you never move a blue chip for another, especially when you're weak in all categories.

If Calgary drafted a couple wings this year, and all of a sudden they looked like they have first line upside; and our only real top pair defense prospect remains Brodie and Center remains weak as hell (Because we expect Jankowski to be ready in half a decade ) then yes, move one of the depth wingers to fix a major hole.

Aside from that, using Sven to move down in this draft is ridiculous.

Old
04-22-2013, 02:44 PM
JB51Hockey
51Hockey

Flames close on a deal with goalie Ramo.

Source: (translated) http://translate.google.com/translat...589074&act=url

Old
04-22-2013, 03:06 PM
Nordberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeben51 View Post
Flames close on a deal with goalie Ramo.

Source: (translated) http://translate.google.com/translat...589074&act=url
Wow, machine translators deal with Finnish about as well as they deal with Japanese... which is to say not at all.

Closed Thread