HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#40: Leafs at Rangers (3 stars of the game)

View Poll Results: 3 stars?
Brian Boyle 37 23.42%
Henrik Lundqvist 132 83.54%
Carl Hagelin 87 55.06%
Derek Stepan 16 10.13%
Michael Del Zotto 0 0%
Ryan McDonagh 58 36.71%
Arron Asham 3 1.90%
Darrol Powe 5 3.16%
Rick Nash 5 3.16%
Derick Brassard 3 1.90%
Ryane Clowe 5 3.16%
Brad Richards 0 0%
Mats Zuccarello 91 57.59%
Ryan Callahan 3 1.90%
Other 2 1.27%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-10-2013, 11:28 PM
5 4 Fighting
Big member

vCash: 400
If we get Kreider back for the playoffs, Boyle can slot Into Powe's place on the 4c and PK spot. Thank god Dorsett PKs too so losing Powe won't hurt, he provides no offense whatsoever. None, nada, zilch.

Bottom 6 in my mind should be

Kreider-Brassard-Callahan
Pyatt-Boyle-Dorsett/Asham

Switch Hagelin and Kreider if things don't click. I really don't like Powe as our 4c going to war in the playoffs. Maybe call up Palmieri for a cup of coffee to see what he can do when Asham's back spasms start acting up again. He's a big guy with soft hands.

5 4 Fighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:32 PM
Cresto
In the pantry

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Was Pyatt playing? I didn't hear his name once.
I saw him once and I said aloud: "Wouldn't it be awesome of Pyatt or Asham could put one in right now for a 3-1 lead?"

I fear that was the result of me inhaling too much smoke from trying to blow out a oven oil fire.

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:33 PM
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Was Pyatt playing? I didn't hear his name once.
I mostly notice him when he commits off-sides. It's been his thing the last few games.

Doctor King Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:34 PM
schabadoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garian Maborik View Post

I love hockey and I love the Rangers. I find watching their games very exciting. I just have realistic expectations for the team.
In a chaotic strike-shortened season, in a league that regularly has poor-playing low seeds advancing deep into the playoffs, with a team that added five players in the last two weeks, you know what's realistic to expect?

schabadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:39 PM
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik

Quote:
Originally Posted by schabadoo View Post
In a chaotic strike-shortened season, in a league that regularly has poor-playing low seeds advancing deep into the playoffs, with a team that added five players in the last two weeks, you know what's realistic to expect?
Do you really expect this team to turn it around all of a sudden? After what we have all seen so far. We are fighting for an 8th seed. I hope it happens but I can't see how or why it would.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:43 PM
Bardof425*

Someone explain how Ryan McDonagh isn't one of the three stars tonight. We score two goals; the first one he takes a hard shot that forces a rebound that turns into a goal and the second one he scores while making a sick move at the blueline to get the shot off. Yes, he was on the ice for both Leaf goals but two horrendous giveaways by teammates created them. He had two points on two goals and outside of those giveaways he allowed nothing to the Leafs all night while playing over 26 minutes. Brian Boyle over him??? He is definitely being taken for granted.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:44 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
So ****ing happy for Boyle. Worked is ass off and got **** on for it anyway.

Deserved that star.
Over McDonagh?? Not a chance in hell!!

Old
04-10-2013, 11:45 PM
BerntBalchen

One more game and Zucc is up for grabs?

BerntBalchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:47 PM
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Someone explain how Ryan McDonagh isn't one of the three stars tonight. We score two goals; the first one he takes a hard shot that forces a rebound that turns into a goal and the second one he scores while making a sick move at the blueline to get the shot off. Yes, he was on the ice for both Leaf goals but two horrendous giveaways by teammates created them. He had two points on two goals and outside of those giveaways he allowed nothing to the Leafs all night while playing over 26 minutes. Brian Boyle over him??? He is definitely being taken for granted.
I though McD was one of our best players tonight. I love that he has been developing his offensive game this season.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:48 PM
schabadoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garian Maborik View Post
Do you really expect this team to turn it around all of a sudden? After what we have all seen so far. We are fighting for an 8th seed. I hope it happens but I can't see how or why it would.
With this epic failure of a team that Sather's bungled and Torts is actively destroying, they're one point out of sixth. They're 4-1-1 in their last six, and should get their best Dman back soon.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:49 PM
schabadoo

Quote:
Someone explain how Ryan McDonagh isn't one of the three stars tonight.
He single-handedly gave up the second goal, just quit on the play. Points against I'd think.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:49 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
bad play on the 2nd kessell goal but great game other than that
Bad play how? He thought Van Reimsdyk was out of room and that Kessel would pull up, he continued to drive. Also, Asham was behind Van Reimsdyk so it was a 2 on 1. He could have made a better read in hindsight, but a bad play?? NO.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:51 PM
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik

Quote:
With this epic failure of a team that Sather's bungled and Torts is actively destroying, they're one point out of sixth. They're 4-1-1 in their last six, and should get their best Dman back soon.
I think we have to rely on good teams playing badly for us to make a deep run this year as sad as it sounds. I don't like our chances against a great team playing well. I'm hoping for a Boston or Capitals match up in the first round. Boston's roster is being depleted and we played well against the Caps this year, although the Caps have turned it around since we last time we played them.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:52 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak View Post
This team can't win games without Hank playing superhuman night in and night out. Constant blown coverages, turnovers, and bad line changes. Horrible special teams. Can't bury open net chances. No creativity. No transition game. Bottom 5 team without Hank. This team needs a housecleaning and a rebuild, but will never get one as long as he is here, as he makes the Rangers too good to fail.
Reimer was just as good as Hank tonight. Let's not make it like we were dominated and Hank bailed us out. His best save of the night on Kadri was because he mishandled the puck in the first place. He was good but not all world tonight.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:56 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
On a good offensive team, Cally is a third line player. He can get streaky for a couple of game now and again. But if he has to play in a top six capacity with skill guys, he always looks lost.

Cally is a great banger and grinder. But he just doesn't have the creativity to be a consistent threat.
So Cally and his 29 goals last year is a 3rd line player and BB and his non-existent offense is also? Either Cally is top 6 or BB is a 4th liner. I say Cally is borderline 2nd/3rd and Boyle is definitely 4th line.

Old
04-11-2013, 12:05 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

So, this really wasn't a good game. We won anyways, but really, it's a shootout win. It was a tie, and we won a minigame for an extra point.

Defense looked better. Offense had some good chances, but struggled. Richards had a game that looked like it was before the trade. Cally is struggling so bad it's not funny. Missed wrap arounds, pucks falling off sticks. You can tell he's in his own head. Still, good screen on McD's goal.

We're sitting in here talking about a gutsy win. Give me a break. It was a tie. It's not even like we beat them 2-0 in a shootout. Zucc is half an inch off, and this game could have been a loss.

We did dominate OT. I'll give the boys that.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:06 AM
azaloum90

Quote:
Reimer was just as good as Hank tonight. Let's not make it like we were dominated and Hank bailed us out. His best save of the night on Kadri was because he mishandled the puck in the first place. He was good but not all world tonight.
That's really because he didn't have to be... which is a really good sign. The defense did its job...

Only screw up I saw was MCD not cutting off the passing lane with a dive for that second goal.... I don't know if he was just out muscled or lost it or what... but that would have stopped that goal for sure..

azaloum90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:07 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
So, this really wasn't a good game. We won anyways, but really, it's a shootout win. It was a tie, and we won a minigame for an extra point.

Defense looked better. Offense had some good chances, but struggled. Richards had a game that looked like it was before the trade. Cally is struggling so bad it's not funny. Missed wrap arounds, pucks falling off sticks. You can tell he's in his own head. Still, good screen on McD's goal.

We're sitting in here talking about a gutsy win. Give me a break. It was a tie. It's not even like we beat them 2-0 in a shootout. Zucc is half an inch off, and this game could have been a loss.

We did dominate OT. I'll give the boys that.
We dominated more than just OT. The second half of the game we definitely had the edge in play...sadly we failed to convert on quite a few chances.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:08 AM
Lundsanity30

people on here have it engrained in their heads that we are just a mediocre team. probably has to do with the play before the trades. we've been better offensively since the trades even in losing efforts. also its better to get a bad win than a bad loss

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:27 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
We dominated more than just OT. The second half of the game we definitely had the edge in play...sadly we failed to convert on quite a few chances.
We had the edge, but not enough to win it.

It wasn't a bad game from the Rangers. It was the type of effort that gets you a tie. But it certainly wasn't good enough to win.

Most important thing is getting points. Getting points on nights you're not your best is very, very important.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:34 AM
lbrowne

Boys, we got a win, 2 pts. it's my bday - bring on the next opponent.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:50 AM
Groot
I am Groot.

Not sure if it was mentioned already, but Henrik's barrage of saves in the OT landed the top play on Sportscenter tonight, OVER a dunk.

Groot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 01:14 AM
shinchanyo

Quote:
He single-handedly gave up the second goal, just quit on the play. Points against I'd think.
Umm you might wanna look up the meaning of that phrase

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 01:16 AM
shinchanyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by azaloum90 View Post
That's really because he didn't have to be... which is a really good sign. The defense did its job...

Only screw up I saw was MCD not cutting off the passing lane with a dive for that second goal.... I don't know if he was just out muscled or lost it or what... but that would have stopped that goal for sure..
Wait his was the only screw up? Especially on THAT play? Really!?:Huh:

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 01:16 AM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
Umm you might wanna look up the meaning of that phrase
He might have meant double handed?

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote