HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injury Thread (5/2: Staal/Boyle skate with scratches, Clowe doing off-ice work)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-10-2013, 01:22 PM
  #451
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
This may be a little farfetched, but I think a lot of this "not playing a game" thing stems from when he got hit in the eye with a puck moving at about 80mph.
Whatever you say

JohnC is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 01:50 PM
  #452
Khelvan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
This may be a little farfetched, but I think a lot of this "not playing a game" thing stems from when he got hit in the eye with a puck moving at about 80mph.
Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Willis??

Khelvan is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 01:59 PM
  #453
Zats Muccarello
Grinder
 
Zats Muccarello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 410
vCash: 500


That pupil...

Zats Muccarello is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 06:13 PM
  #454
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!
 
ImIdaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staals Eyeballs View Post


That pupil...
I was watching the news and they said that vision out of the eye is a bit blurry. I may have heard wrong but they said it could remain like that for the rest of his life.

Is that true?

ImIdaho is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 08:54 PM
  #455
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart
 
Kel Varnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,108
vCash: 500
So twice now Joe says Boyler can't sleep well recently. Any reports as to why?

Kel Varnsen is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 03:45 AM
  #456
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,683
vCash: 500
http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/nhlblo...#axzz2Q8tSLOg5

Staal is obviously going to need a couple of month's to get used to the visor. But its coming along fine apprantly. His brothers and sisters are supporting him through the gruelsome work of getting used to the visor. Aims a return in 2015 maybe? By then his JOFA shinpads will be outdated so he will miss a couple of more month's due to breaking in new ones.


Last edited by Ola: 04-11-2013 at 06:16 AM.
Ola is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 04:42 AM
  #457
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blooblood View Post
If a picture ever screamed "I don't know what to do with my freakishly large hand", this is it.

Callagraves is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 04:45 AM
  #458
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/nhlblo...#axzz2Q8tSLOg5

Staal is obviously going to need a couple of month's to get used to the visor. But its coming along fine apprantly. His brothers and sisters are supporting him through the gruelsome work of getting used to the visor. Aims a return in 2015 maybe?
We'll see him in the playoffs.

Callagraves is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 06:25 AM
  #459
FromTheSide
Registered User
 
FromTheSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 22,877
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
How do we go from 7-10 days to 2015?

FromTheSide is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 07:45 AM
  #460
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
How do we go from 7-10 days to 2015?
I think he was being sarcastic as the "goal posts" keep changing as to Marc Staal's return.

Blueshirt Believer is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 08:11 AM
  #461
FromTheSide
Registered User
 
FromTheSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 22,877
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
I think he was being sarcastic as the "goal posts" keep changing as to Marc Staal's return.
I was assuming that but sometimes you never know with this fanbase

Kind of went a little oveboard on the exaggeration there.

FromTheSide is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 09:06 AM
  #462
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
I was assuming that but sometimes you never know with this fanbase

Kind of went a little oveboard on the exaggeration there.
Haha, I was mostly joking (95%).

He had a tough injury and I am sure he is doing his best to get back as soon as possible. Of course.

But sometimes if you make something an issue it becomes an issue. Taking time with concussion is a must, and should be a must, nowadays. What is Staal really taking time with here? I've seen players returned with smashed in faces within days before with a full cage. A concussion can give you a life long problem.

Ola is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 09:08 AM
  #463
nyahay bus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 66
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
Very lucky...oldtimers on here can tell you what happened to Barry Ashbee of the Flyers when he was hit with a Dale Rolfe slapshot in the eye in 1974
That was awful.

nyahay bus is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 09:22 AM
  #464
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Haha, I was mostly joking (95%).

He had a tough injury and I am sure he is doing his best to get back as soon as possible. Of course.

But sometimes if you make something an issue it becomes an issue. Taking time with concussion is a must, and should be a must, nowadays. What is Staal really taking time with here? I've seen players returned with smashed in faces within days before with a full cage. A concussion can give you a life long problem.
I don't get these comments. By his own admission his vision is not back to 100% yet.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 09:29 AM
  #465
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,475
vCash: 500
You guys have got to be kidding with this.

His vision isn't 100% yet. This isn't a case when you have broken bones or stiches and can come back with a cage no questions asked.

Its his ****ing sight. Kind of important to quality of life. You don't screw around with that.

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 09:38 AM
  #466
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,841
vCash: 500
Yeah I'm not really sure why you (Ola) are talking about Staal "taking his time". He couldn't even see out of the eye after the incident and it's been slowly getting better. I'm not sure why you apparently expected him to put on a cage and go out and play while being unable to see out of one eye?

Not to mention at this point he's not in game shape so that takes another week or so of exercise to get ready

Levitate is online now  
Old
04-11-2013, 09:53 AM
  #467
schabadoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
What is Staal really taking time with here?
Being able to see is something most hockey players feel pretty strongly about.

schabadoo is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 10:18 AM
  #468
Malarowski
Registered User
 
Malarowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 369
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
So twice now Joe says Boyler can't sleep well recently. Any reports as to why?
Yeah some sort of ailment or whatever, does anybody know more about this?

Malarowski is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 10:28 AM
  #469
esidebill
Registered User
 
esidebill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarowski View Post
Yeah some sort of ailment or whatever, does anybody know more about this?
I read it could be personal problems rather than ailments.

esidebill is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 10:37 AM
  #470
Richter Scale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by esidebill View Post
I read it could be personal problems rather than ailments.
Man eater, Olivia Munn, has ruined another Ranger.

Richter Scale is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 10:48 AM
  #471
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,642
vCash: 500
Some people here should watch Staal's recent interviews instead of playing webmd

JohnC is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 11:36 AM
  #472
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,037
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
You guys have got to be kidding with this.

His vision isn't 100% yet. This isn't a case when you have broken bones or stiches and can come back with a cage no questions asked.

Its his ****ing sight. Kind of important to quality of life. You don't screw around with that.
Yeah.

Pizza is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 12:18 PM
  #473
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Yeah I'm not really sure why you (Ola) are talking about Staal "taking his time". He couldn't even see out of the eye after the incident and it's been slowly getting better. I'm not sure why you apparently expected him to put on a cage and go out and play while being unable to see out of one eye?

Not to mention at this point he's not in game shape so that takes another week or so of exercise to get ready
No of course, what can I say. There is nothing you can say.

He just seem uncomfortable to me. Scary injury and what not.

He regrets coming back when he did last season.

Ola is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 12:48 PM
  #474
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
So twice now Joe says Boyler can't sleep well recently. Any reports as to why?
The night is dark and full of terrors.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 12:54 PM
  #475
Grumpy Humphrey
Registered User
 
Grumpy Humphrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by esidebill View Post
I read it could be personal problems rather than ailments.
The way Joe kept wording it certainly made it seem like this is a possibility. He never said anything about any injury, he just Boyle is "dealing with an issue."

Grumpy Humphrey is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.