*OFFICIAL* Plymouth Whalers 2012-2013 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2013, 07:34 PM
attackfan71

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerMax View Post
I will make a prediction, Plymouth in 5.
do u still think it will be over in 5 I don't think you are giving owen sound much credit this team is very tough and very good defensively this will not be a cake walk for either team an ill stand by what I originally said whoever wins this series better have a good second wind to carry on its going to be a battle. one other thing binnington is the best goalie in the O if he gets hot he can steal a game or two before you know it. that is not to take away from a very good young goaltender you have. I think that next year we might have to make a trade for him lol.

Old
04-07-2013, 08:46 PM
bidzey

Quote:
Originally Posted by attackfan71 View Post
do u still think it will be over in 5 I don't think you are giving owen sound much credit this team is very tough and very good defensively this will not be a cake walk for either team an ill stand by what I originally said whoever wins this series better have a good second wind to carry on its going to be a battle. one other thing binnington is the best goalie in the O if he gets hot he can steal a game or two before you know it. that is not to take away from a very good young goaltender you have. I think that next year we might have to make a trade for him lol.
are you bugging the competition?
well OS did what they had to do for now... win 1 game in Plymouth... now if they can fix the powerplay nightmare... we'll be rocking!!

Old
04-07-2013, 08:50 PM
Whalers Fan
Go Habs!

Not the best effort by Plymouth today. They had too many defensive breakdowns, and were out skated at times by Owen Sound. The Attack actually had a three on none breakaway in the third period -- when do you ever see that, especially in a playoff game? Ned stopped that one, but couldn't stop everything. Also, I cannot remember the last time I saw them miss so many open net scoring chances. If their forwards could have buried a couple of those opportunities, it would have been a different game.

The officiating was terrible again -- seeing the return of referee #20 from the debacle of Game #2 against Sarnia. His new partner was just as bad. The calls were horribly inconsistent... both ways. That is not to take anything away from OS, as they deserved the win.

Old
04-08-2013, 07:27 AM
WhalerBlue

Owen Sound played a good game. Whalers missed so many open chances. Enough to win 3 games, but not this one. Officiating sucked. Binnington good. Ned good. That pass up the gut that gets knocked down and Gabriel scored is in the textbook for things not to do. That killed it. Some diving from a couple of Attack players. Not necessary, the officials were going to make the weak call anyway. No reason to flop around like you have been shot and then have to brush yourself off. Whalers need to get in Binningtons face and not give so many open looks at what is coming his way. Disappointed in the outcome, but I knew it would be tough. Disappointed in the officiating (again), but I knew it would be brutal in some games. I expect a better game for game 3. Both playing and officiating for both teams.

Old
04-08-2013, 08:34 AM
Whalers Fan
Go Habs!

I read elsewhere that Tom Wilson was scratched Sunday due to a concussion. I do not recall anything happening in Friday's game to cause this. If this is true, then Wilson may be done for the remainder of the playoffs, which would be a shame.

At least Mistele will be back for Game 4.

Old
04-08-2013, 10:21 AM
WhalerBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalers Fan View Post
I read elsewhere that Tom Wilson was scratched Sunday due to a concussion. I do not recall anything happening in Friday's game to cause this. If this is true, then Wilson may be done for the remainder of the playoffs, which would be a shame.

At least Mistele will be back for Game 4.
I looked at the scratches and saw Wilson scratched and Vanderwiel and Sills in the lineup. An usher and a season ticket holder told me Wilson was concussed. I could not think of when it may have happened in game 1. I saw Vanderwiel take shifts but not Sills. If Wilson is done, it will change some things.

Old
04-08-2013, 11:42 AM
Whalers Fan
Go Habs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerBlue View Post
Disappointed in the officiating (again), but I knew it would be brutal in some games. I expect a better game for game 3. Both playing and officiating for both teams.
We thought the officiating would be an issue even before the game began. My wife noticed ref #20 before the puck was dropped -- he was on the ice for the Game 2 fiasco against Sarnia.

Quote:
I looked at the scratches and saw Wilson scratched and Vanderwiel and Sills in the lineup. An usher and a season ticket holder told me Wilson was concussed. I could not think of when it may have happened in game 1. I saw Vanderwiel take shifts but not Sills. If Wilson is done, it will change some things.
The Wilson scratch caught me by surprise, too, when I checked the white board in the press box before the game. Vellucci does not seem to have much confidence in Sills, as he didn't see any ice time in Friday's game until the last minute, either. Once Mistele is back for Game 4, I would expect to see him scratched instead of Vanderweil.

Old
04-09-2013, 03:00 PM
CBJWhaler

Hopefully the Whalers come out tonight and have a little more grit to there game. Fun Fact the last time the Whalers lost back-to-back game was on Dec. 14-15th Hopefully we come ready to play tonight and take back home ice.

Old
04-09-2013, 04:14 PM
bidzey

sometimes bad luck happens during practices, not games and either way it's all hush hush as much as possible. Last year Bigras was out for 2 months with a broken jaw, it happen as he was skating off at the end of a practice... Slap shot, just like Crosby a couple days ago.

Old
04-09-2013, 04:29 PM
WhalerBlue

I was told today that Wilson hit his head against the glass as a result of a hit in game one. I still can't figure out when it happened though. Here is to a speedy recovery for Tom Wilson.

Old
04-09-2013, 08:59 PM
Whalers Fan
Go Habs!

Crombeen was a surprise return for tonight's game, replacing Mitch Jones in the lineup. Things did not look good for awhile, with OS jumping to a 3-1 lead in the 2nd period. Fortunately, the offense came alive with 5 unanswered Whaler goals, including a Trocheck hat trick. Home ice advantage has been restored... at least for a few days.

Mistele returns to the lineup tomorrow. Hartman went out bleeding in the 3rd, and I did not hear Pete Krupsky call his name after that on the radio broadcast. Hopefully he'll get stitched up and be fine for tomorrow.

We are planning on watching tomorrow's game at CJ's. Did something happen to tonight's video stream? I heard Krupsky elude to problems with the video telecast. I lost the 88.1 FM radio stream via TuneIn radio (both on my phone and Roku streaming device) and had to switch to listening via the website's INSINC feed.

Speaking of that INSINC Network feed, I wish they would change their streaming method, as I can only get that on a Windows device. It doesn't work on my iPad, which I take when traveling out of town. If the game is not on 88.1FM, I cannot listen to the game.

Old
04-09-2013, 09:09 PM
CBJWhaler

Why was Curcuruto out tonight??? But big win we played a lot better than the other night. But the officials where still horrible for both sides this game.

Old
04-10-2013, 07:18 AM
Whalers Fan
Go Habs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJWhaler View Post
Why was Curcuruto out tonight??? But big win we played a lot better than the other night. But the officials where still horrible for both sides this game.
Looks like Crombeen took his spot. I did not notice him out before when I checked the game sheet -- only saw Jones out. The Whalers did dress six defensemen, so I guess Curcuruto was the odd man out. Curious choice -- I guess Vellucci was looking for more defense than offense, as Curcuruto is one of their two best offensive defenseman (along with Carrick). I would have thought he would sit young Alex Peters instead.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:03 AM
WhalerBlue

A rumor is Curcuruto is injured. Crombeen was close to playing in the regular season, so a surprise to see him play, but not a shocker. The obvious decision to sit somebody would be Peters. With Peters playing, it makes the rumor of injury seem more likely than not. As far as video feed to Plymouth and 88.1 not working, Krupper mentioned it 100 times but had no answer to why it happened. I think his cell was probably blowing up with calls from Plymouth. I think it was a conspiracy of Attack fans not wanting us to know what was going on and they sabotaged the system. That is my story and I am sticking to it. I listened at home to INSINCE and all was good except on two occasions it went out momentarily. I attribute that to the Attack fans as well. When you see Krupper, give him a pat on the back and tell him you appreciate all that he does. It goes alot deeper than just broadcasting games. He is working behind enemy lines right now, reporting on Radio Free Plymouth (88.1 and INSINCE) to keep us abreast of all the game action.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:38 AM
BoxerMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by attackfan71 View Post
Yes, I still think it will be over in 5. It's not that I am not giving OS credit, Plymouth is just that much better of a team. Binnington will be the only reason OS will win any more games. He can only allow 2 goals at most for OS to win. OS does not have enough offense to beat Plymouth in a high scoring game. Plymouth just has too much depth.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:51 AM
Whalers Fan
Go Habs!

Quote:
Yes, I still think it will be over in 5. It's not that I am not giving OS credit, Plymouth is just that much better of a team. Binnington will be the only reason OS will win any more games. He can only allow 2 goals at most for OS to win. OS does not have enough offense to beat Plymouth in a high scoring game. Plymouth just has too much depth.
Not if the Whalers keep losing players to injury. First Wilson went out with a concussion, then Curcuruto missed last night's game, and Hartman left the game with a severe cut. Fortunately, Mistele returns tonight to help fill some of that offensive void. Hopefully Curcuruto and Hartman are back quickly, too.

Old
04-10-2013, 12:04 PM
BoxerMax

Quote:
Not if the Whalers keep losing players to injury. First Wilson went out with a concussion, then Curcuruto missed last night's game, and Hartman left the game with a severe cut. Fortunately, Mistele returns tonight to help fill some of that offensive void. Hopefully Curcuruto and Hartman are back quickly, too.
That just shows how much depth Plymouth has. Now if they continue to have injuries, that may be a different story, but so far it hasn't hurt them too much. Hopefully Wilson can return sooner than later.

Old
04-10-2013, 12:50 PM
Whalers Fan
Go Habs!

Quote:
That just shows how much depth Plymouth has. Now if they continue to have injuries, that may be a different story, but so far it hasn't hurt them too much. Hopefully Wilson can return sooner than later.
With the precautions taken regarding concussions, I would be shocked to see Wilson again in this series. He will be fortunate if he is cleared to play again in the post season.

Old
04-11-2013, 12:04 AM
attackfan71

Quote:
your prediction seems to be wrong and ill stand by mine there was only one point sepperatin these teams and one did it on offence and the other on defence so time will tell who wins. and last I checked binnington is still a team member of the owen sound attack. so if he is the difference in the series then so be it. but I still wish Plymouth good luck.

Old
04-11-2013, 06:32 AM
WhalerBlue

If Plymouth is as banged up as I am hearing, this series probably won't go our way. I hate to say that, but it seems that what I have been hearing may be true. The bench will be too short to be competitive.

Old
04-11-2013, 07:18 AM
Whalers Fan
Go Habs!

Quote:
If Plymouth is as banged up as I am hearing, this series probably won't go our way. I hate to say that, but it seems that what I have been hearing may be true. The bench will be too short to be competitive.
We may have to add Uvira to the list of the wounded. He went hard into the boards late in the third period last night, and appeared to be in severe discomfort as he skated to the bench. He was grimacing a lot while sitting there, too.

I am not feeling confident with all these injuries adding up, either. Even a deep team can only overcome so many lost players. Plymouth has lost three significant contributors, and may lose a fourth in Uvira. If he is out, Vellucci will probably end up dressing 7 defensemen, because he will be out of forwards.

Old
04-11-2013, 11:59 AM
CBJWhaler

Quote:
We may have to add Uvira to the list of the wounded. He went hard into the boards late in the third period last night, and appeared to be in severe discomfort as he skated to the bench. He was grimacing a lot while sitting there, too.
Also we may be down Sills as well he went to check a player and hit his head hard on the glass and was barley able to make it back to the bench.

This series has been rough on us as OS has played a really physical style of hockey and it has effect us with injuries.

I think the next game will be the key and the winner of game 5 will win the series. Hopefully we get some players back before Friday.

Old
04-11-2013, 12:31 PM
Whalers Fan
Go Habs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJWhaler View Post
Also we may be down Sills as well he went to check a player and hit his head hard on the glass and was barley able to make it back to the bench.

This series has been rough on us as OS has played a really physical style of hockey and it has effect us with injuries.

I think the next game will be the key and the winner of game 5 will win the series. Hopefully we get some players back before Friday.
I missed the Sills incident. At this rate the Whalers are not going to have anyone left for Game 6.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:40 PM
bidzey

people, you sound like you're writing your team off already. Actually I hope your right, but with all fairness it's not going to be easy for either team. It will go down to... if OS can stay out of the box!! If not the will get killed by Plymouth's deadly power play. Also OS can't seem to win a face off against Plymouth, this could hurt them too.

But if OS stays disciplined and plays hungry (they don't always play hungry for some reason, they wait till they're in a situation) ... they have a good chance to move on to the next round.

Old
04-11-2013, 02:10 PM
hockeyisforeveryone

vCash: 420
Personally I've been expecting a breakdown, it was in game 2 that it happened. Things have been too easy, the Whalers hadn't lost since what, late February? Through adversity this team will prove who it is. My be the guys took this series a bit lightly? The skill is all there but their hearts are being tested now.

Whalers don't feel worried yet, the series is tied 2-2! Friday is going to be big, I think we can win if we play as a team.

Closed Thread