HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

David Desharnais - Black or White Edition

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2013, 09:56 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
I like those lines too. It's great how many combinations can be had when we shuffle our top9. (ARE YOU LISTENING MT?????)
We have 10 top 9 guys and moen who has been a 3rd liner but less than great this year. We have depth up front. It's good to see.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:01 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
DD is on pace for 20 goals. I think both are 15-20 goal scorers in full year so that isn't bad. Bourque is also a 20 goal guy. Ryder a 30 and max a 25+. Any are big guys with some finishing ability.
Still doesn't mean that DD passes up shots to pass and Eller, um, sometimes doesn't quite look like a natural just yet....

Old
04-10-2013, 10:05 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
Still doesn't mean that DD passes up shots to pass and Eller, um, sometimes doesn't quite look like a natural just yet....
It could also mean that these two will need to shoot more and will be more unpredictable.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:06 PM
Tyson

Play Galchenyuk and Lars on the PP! Nuff said

Old
04-10-2013, 10:21 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
I disagreed with the Halpern acquisition. I will not deny that. Now that Halpern is on the team and he is a Hab, I am not bashing him if he makes a mistake. The deal is done and it serves no point.

I wanted Bergevin to bring in more toughness by signing Clowe. He did not, I voiced my disagreement in the PGT after the deadline and now have moved on. It is pointless to bash Bergevin when it accomplishes nothing.

The entire DD vs Eller fiasco has festered all season and it continues. This thread is living proof.
You're ignoring a pretty important difference.

You can't voice disagreements anymore since there is no transactions to be made post deadline. Lineup/icetime allocation disagreements? This is something that can be made as long as the team plays the game.

Is trade/waiver critiquing the only disagreements allowed in your books? Not to mention the irony of complaining about complaining. People going to discuss what they want to discuss.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:26 PM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
lol I don't see signing DD as a mistake at all. I guess that isn't a popular opinion.
You mean on this board. DD signing is a very popular move outside of the Habs HFBoards universe.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:30 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
You're ignoring a pretty important difference.

You can't voice disagreements anymore since there is no transactions to be made post deadline. Lineup/icetime allocation disagreements? This is something that can be made as long as the team plays the game.

Is trade/waiver critiquing the only disagreements allowed in your books? Not to mention the irony of complaining about complaining. People going to discuss what they want to discuss.
You are correct. People will discuss what they will discuss.

With that said, in your opinion, what was the number one reason that we lost the game last night?

Old
04-10-2013, 10:41 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
You are correct. People will discuss what they will discuss.

With that said, in your opinion, what was the number one reason that we lost the game last night?
Number one reason is there were too many reasons you can blame for the team's loss.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:54 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Number one reason is there were too many reasons you can blame for the team's loss.
Out of those reasons, which one carried the greatest weight in your mind?

Old
04-11-2013, 03:07 AM
25get

Quote:
DD is on pace for 20 goals. I think both are 15-20 goal scorers in full year so that isn't bad. Bourque is also a 20 goal guy. Ryder a 30 and max a 25+. Any are big guys with some finishing ability.
This was kind of a surprise.
DD starting to score at a higher pace was unexpected.

We all said he was a play maker only and the next season, he showed he could score consistently.

DD could be a 20g-35a player. He already did 60 points servicing two top-6 wingers.
I can live with that...

Old
04-11-2013, 07:39 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
You mean on this board. DD signing is a very popular move outside of the Habs HFBoards universe.
You should check the Trade board. Nobody wants him lol

Old
04-11-2013, 07:57 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
You should check the Trade board. Nobody wants him lol
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1388967

example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
Is this a joke? Half the league wants and/or needs center depth, and a handful of teams are practically begging for a 2nd line center.

$3.5M for a center that can put up 45 points is a decent contract, let alone one who can put up 60 points.

He's easily worth a 2nd + a modest prospect or depth player.
I think this says it. DD needs to be better but he's movable if we have to move him in due time.

Old
04-11-2013, 08:05 AM
Ginu

Quote:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1388967

example:

I think this says it. DD needs to be better but he's movable if we have to move him in due time.
Or you could look at the more recent thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1400757

Regardless, it's pretty clear that he's one-dimensional and he's getting PP time without producing.

Old
04-11-2013, 08:11 AM
DAChampion

BiPolar forum.

DD was severely overrated last year, and now, the opposite.

Relax guys, off years happen, remember plekanec in 2009?

DD will be an excellent top 6 winger long term. He is also cheap, and good on the shootout.

Old
04-11-2013, 08:13 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Or you could look at the more recent thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1400757

Regardless, it's pretty clear that he's one-dimensional and he's getting PP time without producing.
So the thread with 4 replies after there has been multiple DD value threads in last few weeks?

He has value, stop kidding yourself.

Does he have GREAT value? Nope. But he's not stuck with us forever if management doesn't want. Even at his worst he's moveable IMO.

Old
04-11-2013, 08:14 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
BiPolar forum.

DD was severely overrated last year, and now, the opposite.

Relax guys, off years happen, remember plekanec in 2009?

DD will be an excellent top 6 winger long term. He is also cheap, and good on the shootout.
Not sure about top 6 winger but top 9 forward? Yes.

I've been pretty consistent in my opinion of him. A player with flaws but with drive. In the end, more good than bad but he could still play better than he is now.

Old
04-11-2013, 08:17 AM
Galchenyuk15

stats update with little add-ons .. http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.ph...naisupdate.png

Old
04-11-2013, 08:21 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
So the thread with 4 replies after there has been multiple DD value threads in last few weeks?

He has value, stop kidding yourself.

Does he have GREAT value? Nope. But he's not stuck with us forever if management doesn't want. Even at his worst he's moveable IMO.
He had value last year but not now.

If teams traded away players who had career seasons and traded for players who were slumping they would eventually win out.

Old
04-11-2013, 08:22 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galchenyuk15 View Post
stats update with little add-ons .. http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.ph...naisupdate.png
FWIW, I appreciate the effort but I tend to disagree with some logic.

Many will see "TOI in wins/losses" and make conclusions.

Fact of the matter is, when a team is trailing(aka:losing) you'll be putting out an offensive line more so than a 3rd line, that's why DD gets more ice time in losses as the team is trying to tie up the game. Isn't that how it's supposed to be? When we're ahead he plays less as we don't need more points and can focus on defense. Simple logic to me.

Old
04-11-2013, 08:45 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
FWIW, I appreciate the effort but I tend to disagree with some logic.

Many will see "TOI in wins/losses" and make conclusions.

Fact of the matter is, when a team is trailing(aka:losing) you'll be putting out an offensive line more so than a 3rd line, that's why DD gets more ice time in losses as the team is trying to tie up the game. Isn't that how it's supposed to be? When we're ahead he plays less as we don't need more points and can focus on defense. Simple logic to me.
Outstanding post.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:11 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Outstanding post.
Truthfully, I never know if you're being sarcastic.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:13 AM
WakeUpNHL

No excuses!

Heard an audio clip on TSN690 of Michel Therrien where he said that he would not be breaking up the line of DD, MaxPac and Gally because he believes they are quote 'good people'.
Yes, the NO EXCUSES team finding EXCUSES for 'certain' players! lol

I guess it's only the 'bad people' lines that get shuffled.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:19 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
There is zero chance he is moved this summer after signing an extension halfway through the season. It makes no sense. No one would be that quick to admit their own mistake.
Then, by extension, you accept shaky morals in a GM. You accept a GM that will damage the team to save face. I don't. Why do you? None of us should. In work, in life, or as paying fans for Habs.

Anyway, lets see what DD does in the PO before panicking. He's a good kid, and works his ass off. Everyone take a chill pill.

But if he a ghost in the PO, I will hammer him on these boards this summer, with no apology. And I will also hammer anyone else who is a ghost in these playoffs.

Clock is ticking, we can't have passengers in the PO anymore.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:44 AM
bsl

Quote:
Eller is his big boy.

Some people have their favourites and get threatened if their favourite might lose their spot on the team long term.

Price - Halak: Heated argument where the bigger fans of one player found fault in the other and were threatened that their favourite will lose his spot on the team.

This sounds like something a bitter hateful old woman would say. You should be embarrassed. Get a grip. People here, Habs fans, like me, have the right to fairly criticize any player on Habs, and we don't have agendas for other players.

In fact, I'm not too happy with Eller either. Stop bringing your warped psychodrama crap here. We're just talking about a Habs player. What a ****** little bitter post that was. Attacking others, rather than defending a player you like with facts.

I am so not impressed with your post.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:53 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
I would want Desharnais as winger, because he might actually learn WHEN TO let 'er rip instead of trying to dish every damn time.
He's not a natural goal scorer. He will never learn to let her rip. This is his greatest weakness, and he will be moved because of it. Eller is also not a candidate for top 2 center for the same reason, but he can play D, and he's big.

Closed Thread