HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What's keeping Rinne from demanding a trade?

Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2013, 08:47 AM
RaiderDoug

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
We're not over reacting. We watched half of a season of a disintegrating team that doesn't give it's all on the ice. And it's gotten worse and worse.

no wonder Pekka is so frustrated. We've turned into a team of "I don't give a dam and I sure won't protect a teammate."

We've watched NON PREDS hockey for half a season. Actually I think it started last year and not just at the playoff games in Phoenix. It just crept in for whatever reason.

I would support this team if they cared, but they don't. We're mad because there is no identity anymore of "hardworking."

If they were professionals , we wouldn't have seen this this year. We would have seen hard working players that were decimated by injuries, but still gave a dam. That isn't what we've seen
Why are you so convinced that it's a lack of effort or give-a-crap and not just a lack of talent?

Like it or not, this is a shadow of the team that we took to Phoenix last year in the playoffs.

A non-normal season with little to no training camp, injuries, a major FA loss, one disgruntled player who wanted out, a boatload of injuries to key players, and now we're icing a team with a forward corps that's more admirals and other team's rejects than our own guys. Oh, and injuries too.

But, the foundation is set (Rinne, Weber, Josi, Wilson) and there are reinforcements on the way (we've got money to spend in FA, and Forsberg and another high level prospect from this draft if we get lucky), this can be turned around quick. Look where Anaheim and Montreal are now and compare them to last year.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:04 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

This fan base is spoiled

Old
04-11-2013, 09:13 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
This fan base is spoiled
what banners do we have hanging from the rafters ? ... serious question ... I don't even see 1 Division Title hanging ... approaching 2 decades sir.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:23 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
what banners do we have hanging from the rafters ? ... serious question ... I don't even see 1 Division Title hanging ... approaching 2 decades sir.
everything is relative.

Im pretty sure what Trigg means is that this is the first truly bad season this team has had in 11 years, and we are acting like making the playoffs is our birthright and so something must be horribly wrong for a season to happen like this

people need to look around. there are very few teams who are good year in and year out in any sport, and the ones that are are almost never the younger franchises.

Im gonna wait and see what happens next year before I lose faith.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:34 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
So since we couldn't hang a banner in 14 seasons we're a failure? Is that the only way you measure success?

The Wild have a banner I guess, are they more successful?

It's funny we get more respect from fans of other teams than we do our own.

Read the business of hockey forums, notice how many times we're referenced as the model expansion franchise.

We have had an off year, it doesn't mean we're horrible and we need to blow everything up, which is the reaction we see here.

Are there issues? Of course, every franchise has them and this has been a perfect storm season for us with issues galore.

I'm willing to bet we right the ship though.

Old
04-11-2013, 10:08 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

OK well since this is a "daily" discussion topic and it seems to have devolved more into a self-awareness of the fan base discussion than a discussion of the actual topic at hand...

Closed.

We need to be careful about getting into this type of discussion. It can easily turn into nothing but flaming and trolling.