HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

edm/mtl

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2013, 10:59 PM
zeus3007*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
I would not touch Yakupov with a 10 foot pole. He has Nikolai Zherdev or Alexander Radulov written all over him.
How so? Is it because he works his butt off at practice every day and spends more time on the ice than any other player? Or is it that he's already towing the team line and playing where he's asked to without whining? The only similarities to those other two is that he's Russian. And that sir, is bigotry.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:00 PM
Peekay Sooban

Ugh saying you wouldn't touch Yakupov is just as stupid as the Oil fans saying Subban's a clown.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:31 AM
sid49
#FreeGaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
I do not want him near the oilers
I want him all over the Oilers. I'd trade Ebs for Paciorietty by the way

Old
04-11-2013, 02:57 AM
Ice Whole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
So you would be willing to trade your 19 year old unproven rookie for a 23 year old franchise D who is putting up PPG and getting serious Norris consideration? Wow.

I wouldn't trade Subban 1 for 1 for anyone on the Oilers.
Honestly, I wouldn't trade Hall, Yak or Nuge straight up for Subban. The difference is what you pointed out...kind of. Yak is 19, Hall is 21 and is top 10 in scoring and Nuge is 19. I'd argue that they have a higher ceiling than Subban does and are still few years away from reaching their prime years.

Old
04-11-2013, 03:29 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
I'm sorry, I wouldn't even do it for noris trophy cadidate Suban. And you can laugh at that if you like. I don't blame you.

If we traded one of the big four I'd probably trade Eberle, but I wouldn't even trade him for Suban.

Yes, I'm crazy.

Old
04-11-2013, 04:28 AM
Beendair Donedat

There's no deal to be made. Habs won't move Subban and Oilers won't move Yakupov. Nothing wrong with this, just face the fact and move on... Both sides are too high on their respective players.

Old
04-11-2013, 05:03 AM
FF de Mars

You guys shouldn't trash Yakupov like that. You give Habs fans a bad name.

Old
04-11-2013, 05:30 AM
lampshade*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
I'm sorry, I wouldn't even do it for noris trophy cadidate Suban. And you can laugh at that if you like. I don't blame you.

If we traded one of the big four I'd probably trade Eberle, but I wouldn't even trade him for Suban.

Yes, I'm crazy.
Send in your résumé, I think u would be in contention for the next inept oils gm.

Old
04-11-2013, 06:04 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post

Yes, I'm crazy.
Just by reading your post we knew that already. You didnt need to say it.

Old
04-11-2013, 08:09 AM
waitin425

Kristo + Beaulieu + 1st

I just don't wanna part with Subban although I know that is what it would take

Last edited by waitin425: 04-11-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old
04-11-2013, 09:10 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitin425 View Post
Kristo + Beaulieu + 1st

I just don't wanna part with Subban although I know that is what it would take
That might get you Gagner. Doesn't get you near Yakupov.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:12 AM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
A non Subban counter:
Plekanec+Emelin+pick

Old
04-11-2013, 09:14 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
A non Subban counter:
Plekanec+Emelin+pick
As an Oiler fan, the only hangups on this deal are what kind of pick we're talking about, and if Emelin is going to be as effective after he returns from his injury. I`d hesitate, but its moves like this that take a team from a fringe playoff contender to a playoff team.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:36 AM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
fantastic because we would never do it either. in fact , taking Habs needs into consideration I wouldn't trade you Beaulieu for Gagner straight up.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:40 AM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
A non Subban counter:
Plekanec+Emelin+pick
why do the habs do this deal? Why is it always about the future? you need players that can keep you competitive in the now. So we trade our best (all-around) minute-eating center for at least the next 2-3 years + our most physical dman for a RW that might become a 40 goal scorer?

not taking anything away from yakupov, but we have enough young guys and speedy wingers with good hands. Keep the guys that are in their prime - especially when they're irreplaceable. Top 4 teams don't make deals like this.

everyone here falls in love with potential, the future,etc...never considering present needs. this deal doesn't make the habs better

Old
04-11-2013, 10:14 AM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
why do the habs do this deal? Why is it always about the future? you need players that can keep you competitive in the now. So we trade our best (all-around) minute-eating center for at least the next 2-3 years + our most physical dman for a RW that might become a 40 goal scorer?

not taking anything away from yakupov, but we have enough young guys and speedy wingers with good hands. Keep the guys that are in their prime - especially when they're irreplaceable. Top 4 teams don't make deals like this.

everyone here falls in love with potential, the future,etc...never considering present needs. this deal doesn't make the habs better
Because this thread was started by a MTL fan asking for Yak.. If you feel you have enough young guys then bash the OP not the proposals.
I agree with you that MTL should not be going after rookies.

Old
04-11-2013, 10:36 AM
rockinghockey

Subban is having a great season I will give him that but how much of that has to go with having Markov. Markov makes everyone he plays with so much better than they really are.

Old
04-11-2013, 10:43 AM
MrBigglesworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
What character, Mr. IKnowEverythingAboutSubban? You wouldn't give up a player that you PRAY can become a franchise winger, for a franchise defenseman? But please, enlighten me as to Subban's character flaws. I along with everyone else is dying to know. And on that topic, did you ever catch that overtime goal by Yakupov where he ignored his teammates to celebrate on his own? Talk about a true character!

I'd really like to know what's wrong with Subban. Let's hear it.

Chill out, ace, it's just an opinion. I don't understand how anyone can watch the giggling little goof on or off ice and NOT think he has character issues, but that's just me.
It's hilarious how Hab fans get all surprised and upset when someone mentions it being a concern, though. Disagree if you like, but it's nothing new so I'm not sure why it keeps shocking you guys when it's brought up?

Here's a scouting report...note: I did not write it..
Flaws: Needs to simplify his game, since he tends to run around in his own end at times. Also tries to do too much with the puck. On-ice antics may at times annoy his own teammates and the coaching staff. Could stand to become a bit more disciplined on the ice (and in the dressing room).

Old
04-11-2013, 10:47 AM
Revansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
You guys shouldn't trash Yakupov like that. You give Habs fans a bad name.
This.

Would have love to see more Oilers game to see how he's faring in the NHL but the guy seems like a legit future 40 goals scorer with good playmaking abilities. Don't know about others aspects of his game though maybe someone can enlighten me on that matter.

Trade value wise : Yakupov hold a higher value than Patches (Patches + 1st at least for Yak)
Habs wise : Patches hold a higher value than Yakupov just because is the only big foward on the top six playing a physical game and scoring at 30-35 goal's pace. Not a dig against Yakupov though.

Still thinking that asking for Subban is a bit of steep price. There's other interesting assets in the Mtl prospect pool. If i were the oilers would totally try to get a guy like Tinordi included in a trade package. Maybe something like Tinordi (no4 great physical defender)+ 1st + Eller (two-way effective center alas Jordan Staal) ?

Still wouldn't aim for Yakupov but i think that's the kind of offer the habs could make that wouldn't alter the team immensely. Don't think it would be enough to grab Yak though just the kind of proposal I would made to start conversations off.

Old
04-11-2013, 10:50 AM
Revansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Subban is having a great season I will give him that but how much of that has to go with having Markov. Markov makes everyone he plays with so much better than they really are.
Points wise maybe it's inflating his offensive numbers.

But he was playing great hockey last season on the sinking ship that was the habs team last season without Markov. I don't think he will be the kind of defenceman to keep a ppg pace (alas Karlson) but he may put, in a full season, offensive stats around the 50-60 points (at best) while playing a good defensive game.

Old
04-11-2013, 11:02 AM
kingdok

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigglesworth View Post
Here's a scouting report...note: I did not write it..
Flaws: Needs to simplify his game, since he tends to run around in his own end at times. Also tries to do too much with the puck. On-ice antics may at times annoy his own teammates and the coaching staff. Could stand to become a bit more disciplined on the ice (and in the dressing room).
Can you link it?

Old
04-11-2013, 11:03 AM
MrBigglesworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGV View Post
Can you link it?
Yup
http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/...layer.php?6232

Old
04-11-2013, 11:08 AM
kassian
Emelin's face plate

Hahaha @ some people still believing Subban is somehow a locker-room cancer. Jeesh, are you guys subscribed to l'Antichambre or something?

Old
04-11-2013, 11:11 AM
kingdok

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigglesworth View Post
thxs

Funny thing is that they seem to also be acknowledging that his big persona is what also makes him a good player (see flair for dramatic and getting under opponents' skin).

Assets: Has outstanding skating ability and excels at rushing up ice with the puck. Can quarterback a power play and also initiate a lot of contact. Displays a flair for the dramatic. Shoots the puck with aplomb and also gets under opponents' skin. Is adept at playing a shutdown role.

I say his assets far outweighs his flaws

Old
04-11-2013, 11:36 AM
waitin425

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Bwahahahahahaha! If Gagner is worth that much and is that good, yet you have 5 supposed better pieces, why exactly isn't your team running away with the season.

Beaulieu is a solid young future top pairing d man
Kristo has top 6 potential
1st rounder this year Ina deep draft.

I realize that probably doesn't get us Yak, but it is certainly >>>>>>>> Gagner

Closed Thread