HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 11.0 - Great flashes and growing pains edition

Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2013, 11:28 AM
Habtchum*

vCash: 500
Galchenyuk will become as good, if not better, than Kopitar or Toews or Tavares. A real franchise center.

A couple of weeks ago he seemed to slow down and struggle a bit. Quiet normal for a 19 y old rookie who has played lots of hockey sofar sincelast September in the OHL, the JniorWorld Championship and the NHL against grown men and very stiff competition due to theshortened season.

Certainly our best forward rookie since Koivu, Richer and Lafleur.

Old
04-11-2013, 11:30 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
Galchenyuk will become as good, if not better, than Kopitar or Toews or Tavares. A real franchise center.

A couple of weeks ago he seemed to slow down and struggle a bit. Quiet normal for a 19 y old rookie who has played lots of hockey sofar sincelast September in the OHL, the JniorWorld Championship and the NHL against grown men and very stiff competition due to theshortened season.

Certainly our best forward rookie since Koivu, Richer and Lafleur.
Oh calm your expectations, better? Do you realize in what type of company you just put him in? Please I really like Galchenyuk but just settle down. Lafleur is a legend.

Old
04-11-2013, 11:36 AM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
Oh calm your expectations, better? Do you realize in what type of company you just put him in? Please I really like Galchenyuk but just settle down. Lafleur is a legend.
I never wrote that he was better than Lafleur. I just said he was one of the best forwards Habs drafted in the last 40 years. But yes,he can be as good as the first 3 guys I named in my first sentence.

By the way,I have seen Lafleur played since the very beginningof his carreer. And his first three seasons were not that great for the 1970's offensive standards. His stardom really began during his 4th season when he was 24 and got rid of his helmet.

Last edited by Habtchum*: 04-11-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Old
04-11-2013, 11:40 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
I never wrote that he was better than Lafleur. I justs aid he was one of the best forwards Habs drafted in the last 40 years. But yes,he canbe as good as the first 3 guys I named in my first sentence.
I know what you said, but saying he can become better than Tavares is just crazy. He doesn't have the potential that tavares has, he might become a Toews type of player. But I don't think he has a chance of becoming "better" than Tavares or Kopitar.

Last edited by MonkeyBusiness: 04-11-2013 at 11:49 AM.
Old
04-11-2013, 11:48 AM
Habtchum*

Quote:
I know what you said, but saying he can become better than a potential 100 point forward in Tavares is just crazy. He doesn't have the potential that tavares has, he might become a Toews type of player. But I don't think he has a chance of becoming "better" than the aforementioned.
If in a couple of years you give him top center minutes, PP, and proper wingers, he will produce. Did Tavares reached 100 points, yet ?

Old
04-11-2013, 11:49 AM
onemorecup*

Quote:
not far fetched at all , the best by far we had in 20 years

this dude is a legit Towes , no question with better offensive skills

Old
04-11-2013, 11:51 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
If in a couple of years you give him top center minutes, PP, and proper wingers, he will produce. Did Tavares reached 100 points, yet ?
Galchenyuk isn't going to be the same player Tavares is, he is never going to be the better offensive player. To compare the 2 is just far fetched, Toews and Kopitar are much better comparisons.

Old
04-11-2013, 11:53 AM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

The more I see him play, the more Kopitar is IMO the best possible comparison.

Old
04-11-2013, 11:56 AM
onemorecup*

Quote:
I know what you said, but saying he can become better than Tavares is just crazy. He doesn't have the potential that tavares has, he might become a Toews type of player. But I don't think he has a chance of becoming "better" than Tavares or Kopitar.
he will be a better 2 way player than Tavares

John plays no d , and is an offensive stud from the blueline in only

AG has better wheels and is more physical

I will take Towes over Tavares anyday of the week

as good as John is there is no doubt in my mind the Hawks dont win the cup with him as the #1 center instead of Towes , Towes is a horse a warrior

Tavares floats a lot , doesnt have that grit and edge , but is an offensive star

Old
04-11-2013, 11:57 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecup View Post

as good as John is there is no doubt in my mind the Hawks dont win the cup with him as the #1 center instead of Towes , Towes is a horse a warrior

Tavares floats a lot , doesnt have that grit and edge , but is an offensive star
If Galchenyuk ever becomes a similar player that would be great. All three are terrific players and I don't think he will become better since they are so good.

Last edited by MonkeyBusiness: 04-11-2013 at 01:22 PM.
Old
04-11-2013, 12:08 PM
JusticeBeaver
Twitter: @gar****al

WILL HE STOMP ON ONE TONIGHT? (caps for torts reference)

....I wanna see some dangles, and goals of course.

Old
04-11-2013, 12:10 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticeBeaver View Post
WILL HE STOMP ON ONE TONIGHT? (caps for torts reference)

....I wanna see some dangles, and goals of course.
You will always see dangles from Galchenyuk, I come into the game always expecting some slick move.

Old
04-11-2013, 12:41 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
You can see that when his confidence and maturity comes into his game.. we will finally have a game-breaking forward that we've been lacking since Kovalev's 80+ point campaign.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:00 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Crazy how ~50% of his season he's been cold, and after two or three good games he's back among the highest scoring rookies. Kid is amazing.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:05 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecup View Post

Watch more JT, pls.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:16 PM
Habtchum*

So far, since last September, his cumulative stats are:

77 games played

33 goals
53 assists
86 points
+26

If he would had stayed in the OHL,he probably would had won the scoting title. Not bad for a kid who missed an entire season in 2011_12.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:17 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
I never wrote that he was better than Lafleur. I just said he was one of the best forwards Habs drafted in the last 40 years. But yes,he can be as good as the first 3 guys I named in my first sentence.

By the way,I have seen Lafleur played since the very beginningof his carreer. And his first three seasons were not that great for the 1970's offensive standards. His stardom really began during his 4th season when he was 24 and got rid of his helmet.
I agree with those who say that SINCE Lafleur, we have not had such an exciting prospect at a young age. And remember that Lafleur played the equivalent of BOTH this year and next year in Junior in Quebec City.

I know we have such lowered expectations the last 20 years, blah-blah-blah, but Galchenyuk is real. Scary good real. The other day on the first goal, he came over the blue AT the left wing boards, then suddenly within something like two strides he was in the middle of the ice with the puck on his stick and two teammates following him to the net. Just incredible.

Old
04-11-2013, 03:19 PM
Slick Eller

Galchenyuk, 2nd on our team for ESP.

Pacioretty is first with 22pts and then Galchenyuk is 2nd with 19 ESP. I know he hadn't played a lot of the PP, but I just realize he is 2nd at 19 years old on a top team. Impressive really.

Old
04-11-2013, 03:33 PM
Lebowski

Quote:
I might be one of the few, but I'd say Toews > Tavares right now. Much, much more complete and similar offensive production.

Quote:
Galchenyuk isn't going to be the same player Tavares is, he is never going to be the better offensive player. To compare the 2 is just far fetched, Toews and Kopitar are much better comparisons.
Tavares has never been PPG over a full season in his career yet. Unless he steps his game to a whole new level, I don't think his current level of play is unattainable for a guy with a upside like Galchenyuk.

Old
04-11-2013, 03:41 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Am I the only one that sees some Datsyuk in him? Maybe not *as great*, but I definitely see that flashy, dangling forward heavy on assists, but who'll still pot 30 once or twice and end his career ~PPG.

Old
04-11-2013, 03:41 PM
ryanwb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
I might be one of the few, but I'd say Toews > Tavares right now. Much, much more complete and similar offensive production.
This is a fair point, but let's not forget a few things:

1) Toews is a couple years older than Tavares. Still time for Tavares to grow his game.
2) Supporting casts aren't even comparable. Tavares is basically playing with one hand tied behind his back most nights.

Old
04-11-2013, 04:07 PM
Et le But

Tavares gets heavy o-zone starts but that's because -

-He's so good offensively it would be a waste not to put him in that position.
-The Islanders have no other offensive weapon in the same league as Tavares, to not have him focus on offense would be a waste.

Toews is a more complete player (and might be the most well rounded player in the NHL), but you have to look at the supporting casts to see why they have different roles. And Tavares doesn't "float" any more than Stamkos does.

I don't see Galchenyuk being as good as Tavares..but I'm a big Tavares fan. The only thing keeping Tavares from being a 100 point player is his supporting cast.

Let's not forget Tavares is only 22...the same age as Nazem Gretzky Kadri.

Old
04-11-2013, 04:12 PM
CP31

He's leading the league in goals in my NHL 13 Be A Gm. A sign for things to come.

Old
04-11-2013, 04:41 PM
All Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP31 View Post
He's leading the league in goals in my NHL 13 Be A Gm. A sign for things to come.
how many years in?

Old
04-11-2013, 05:39 PM
BigM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Eller View Post
Pacioretty is first with 22pts and then Galchenyuk is 2nd with 19 ESP. I know he hadn't played a lot of the PP, but I just realize he is 2nd at 19 years old on a top team. Impressive really.
And he is #1 on the Habs in even strength assists, with 14.!!!

Closed Thread