HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone thinks that Samsonov could break out this year !?

Old
08-28-2006, 12:49 PM
Montrealer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialSeb View Post
It's just nice to have a decent LW for once if he gets Kovalev numbers I'll be happy.

But to answer the question he's pretty much broken out already, 0.7 ppg thats basicly is par for the next few years.
I would argue that at his age (when he should be entering his prime) he may have enough improvement in him to jump up to a point a game regularly, especially in today's NHL. I hope that playing on the Habs (especially if we are as successful as I hope we'll be) will be enough push to see it happen.

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2006, 01:02 PM
Maitz
Chucky#27

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEREW View Post
Was he outstanding ?
he won a couple of game by himself

Maitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2006, 01:05 PM
SPARTAKUS*

Kovalev is over rated IMO. The guy scored only 23 goals last season and 65 PTS and was -1. And Habs fan talk about him like he' is the greatest player of all time. He was 66th in scoring last season.

SPARTAKUS* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2006, 01:08 PM
Montrealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAKUS View Post
Kovalev is over rated IMO. The guy scored only 23 goals last season and 65 PTS and was -1. And Habs fan talk about him like he' is the greatest player of all time. He was 66th in scoring last season.
You'll need to point out where people overrated Kovalev in this thread, else leave everyone to doubt your reading comprehension skills.

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2006, 01:12 PM
Habsfan18

I'm expecting big things from Sammy

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2006, 01:16 PM
SerialSeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealer View Post
I would argue that at his age (when he should be entering his prime) he may have enough improvement in him to jump up to a point a game regularly, especially in today's NHL. I hope that playing on the Habs (especially if we are as successful as I hope we'll be) will be enough push to see it happen.
Hey! If he gets to 1 ppg, then all the better because that would mean is linemates (ribs and Kovy) would have brought there game to a higher level and that would translate in a deeper playoff run in my book.
I'll drink to that.

SerialSeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2006, 01:16 PM
David_99

Quote:
Not that I'm Kovy's biggest fan, but he was out of the lineup with knee surgery for a few weeks so that's 23g in 69 games, not 82... so on pace for maybe 27, So much better

Last edited by David_99: 08-28-2006 at 01:23 PM.
David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2006, 01:48 PM
Le depisteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary View Post
Seriously...Samsonov was used on a 3rd line-VERY sparingly in playoffs. He is a TREMENDOUS talent, but I think injuries have taken its toll. He plays FAR too timid out there to be as effective as he can be. Hell, I think he was the only Oiler not to throw a bodycheck in last years playoffs.
Samsonov made 9 bodychecks and Horcoff, 4...
http://www.nhl.com/nhlstats/stats?se...tssPlayerStats

Le depisteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2006, 03:33 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
If he couldn't "break out" with Joe Thornton, why would he break out with Mike Ribeiro?

I think he's already broken out though.
Maybe because he didn't play with Thornton.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2006, 04:11 PM
yukoner

I'd bet on it.

Looking for 35+ goals out of sammy this year.

yukoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2006, 04:40 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
He had major surgery on his knee...If he stays healthy both he and Sammy will produce 70-80 pts...which obviously means Ribs will put up those type of numbers, unless the two Ruskies become Saku's linemates...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2006, 04:54 PM
Moester

Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot, biatch View Post
Maybe because he didn't play with Thornton.
I don't remember Sammy being with Thornton very much either. Sammy is one of those players that I doupt every really got a fair tryout. I think that he'll probably do well this year, and being on the same line as Kovy will probably get both of them playing well. They're both creative, and great stickhandlers...Kovy is by far the more pysical and a better finisher. We just need someone to bring the puck up to see those guys put up solid numbers IMO.

Moester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2006, 05:20 PM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
Not that I'm Kovy's biggest fan, but he was out of the lineup with knee surgery for a few weeks so that's 23g in 69 games, not 82... so on pace for maybe 27, So much better
Not only that, but if he had knee surgery it means he played a good chunk of games (the beginning of the season) injured basically...

Not to mention how he looked injured in the playoffs, couldn't even do a pivot on one side...

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2006, 05:25 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
And the best scorer on our team. Scoring was really low on our team, I dunno why (just to prove it N-J scored 242 and us 243).

He got injured...but still outscored Koivu and etc...

CH Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2006, 05:30 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Kovalev was easily at a ppg pace for most of the season, aside from his missed games and the little strech right after the operation.

That, while playing with 2 different centremen, 1 on pace for easily 20 less points.
Not too mentioned Bulis on pace for Half the points.

Hardly a "65" pts player...

edit:

And since that was hardly in line with the original thread:

I find ridiculous that someone would think Samsonov have NO CHANCE of scoring 25 goals this year While he had 23 exactly last year... Not exactly a mind boggling improvement ask there: 2 goals.

Anksun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2006, 05:30 PM
Poochie_D

If he plays a full season and is either with Koivu or Kovalev for the season 70 points is not out of his reach. The guy is only 28... it's possible his best years are still ahead.

Poochie_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2006, 05:45 PM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
If he got 75 points playing with Thorton , imagine with Ribeiro !!!

85 at least !

Ribeiro is stonger , Ribeiro is faster ...
Very original, how long did it take you to come up with that gem?

Getting tired of reading the same crap.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2006, 07:08 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
dont forget that he had knee surgery during the year.

But anyways, the point is that kovalev is the player that the opposition are most feaful of when facing the habs

Kovalev is a gamebreaker and one of the most pure talented players in the game even at age 33/34.

the question with kovalev has always been consistency and thats just accepted with him now because he wont change at his age. Consistency is the issue.

Remember his first game back from surgery against ottawa. He ate up chara the whole game and was the reason that the habs came back to win that game even though he wasn't even in game shape.

Kovalev can basically dictate how many points he wants by deciding how many nights off he wants to take

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2006, 07:15 PM
Bring Back Smyth

If Samsonov is playing with Koivu or Kovalev then 70-75 points is definitely not out of reach. In Edmonton he was completely misused, playing mostly on the third line and he didn't really have chemistry with those he was put with. Not only that, he wasn't even on the first unit PP during the playoffs where he should've been. If Samsonov clicks with his linemates and gets sufficient PP time he will have a really good year.

Bring Back Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2006, 07:21 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmer Time View Post
If Samsonov is playing with Koivu or Kovalev then 70-75 points is definitely not out of reach. In Edmonton he was completely misused, playing mostly on the third line and he didn't really have chemistry with those he was put with. Not only that, he wasn't even on the first unit PP during the playoffs where he should've been. If Samsonov clicks with his linemates and gets sufficient PP time he will have a really good year.
my wife's nhl

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2006, 07:22 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 125
Should be exciting to see him every saturday playing on a line with Kovalev

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote