HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

1st & 2nd round tix on sale Monday

Old
04-11-2013, 12:35 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

vCash: 50
1st & 2nd round tix on sale Monday

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=665249

IU Hawks fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:37 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

vCash: 500
Good. Going to be glued to the computer Monday at noon. I've never seen a season like this where even standing room tickets are gone weeks in advance, it's been crazy.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:38 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Gonna have to try to get some seats. I only went to two games this year.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:39 PM
Sarava

The good part of playing Columbus or Detroit...it will be easier (and possibly cheaper) to buy tickets for road games and just drive there.

Old
04-11-2013, 12:42 PM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

Wish I could figure out when round two will start...I have a four day weekend May 17-20 but I think that would be G3/4 of the 2nd round

/acknowledgement of bad karma for buying future round playoff tickets noted here

theaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 01:15 PM
Kaners BAC

I didn't forget the lockout.

I'll be watching from home.

Kaners BAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 01:21 PM
xX Hot Fuss

^^^^
So you're telling me if you had the chance to watch the hawks win the 1st or 2nd round, hell even the Cup, you wouldn't pay to see it live because of the lockout???

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 01:27 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
^^^^
So you're telling me if you had the chance to watch the hawks win the 1st or 2nd round, hell even the Cup, you wouldn't pay to see it live because of the lockout???
I'm sure he/she would go if handed tickets, but that person will not spend their hard-earned money to see them live due to the lockout.

I am over it. I will be going to the second round since they need to prove they can get out of the first round before I decide to shell out some dough. I will pony up for the Cup if we're so fortunate with my fund I started after I never got to go in 2010.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 01:33 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Anyone know the odds of getting tickets and about what they'll cost to sit on the 300 level sideline?

TorMenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 01:39 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
Anyone know the odds of getting tickets and about what they'll cost to sit on the 300 level sideline?
I'd say highly unlikely knowing how many STH there are up there but I can't really comment on that part because I have never attempted to buy Hawks playoff tickets before. On the secondary market, if you can find someone willing to part with a pair for $750, I would jump on that quickly.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 03:41 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I'd say highly unlikely knowing how many STH there are up there but I can't really comment on that part because I have never attempted to buy Hawks playoff tickets before. On the secondary market, if you can find someone willing to part with a pair for $750, I would jump on that quickly.
The odds are the same as every year. They are releasing he same number of tickets on Monday. It's an entire process to get through sometimes. They typically only release 300 level tickets on Monday but that may have changed.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 03:48 PM
Sarava

Quote:
If anyone drops 750 for a pair in the 300 level, then they may as well tattoo 'stupid' across their forehead.

Old
04-11-2013, 03:50 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
If anyone drops 750 for a pair in the 300 level, then they may as well tattoo 'stupid' across their forehead.
I'm just telling you a number based on what people are paying from my firsthand knowledge. Doctors, lawyers, they don't really seem to care. Maybe you could get them cheaper on Stubhub or something, I really don't know, I just go by word of mouth.

Old
04-11-2013, 03:56 PM
Sarava

Quote:
I'm just telling you a number based on what people are paying from my firsthand knowledge. Doctors, lawyers, they don't really seem to care. Maybe you could get them cheaper on Stubhub or something, I really don't know, I just go by word of mouth.
Right, but those kind of people tend to sit down by the ice. Anyway, it hasnt been hard to get seats in the 300 level the past few years for the playoffs. You just gotta get them right when they go on sale. They arent as good as your seats. But lets be honest, theres very few bad seats at the UC.

Old
04-11-2013, 03:58 PM
digdug41982

Hey, I'd be all over that if they are out there, get multiple computers set up. You could probably grab an extra pair and flip it to pay for the ones you are using. I hope you guys all get them.

A trick I used to do is go to the library and use as many computers as possible with as many windows as possible.

Old
04-11-2013, 03:58 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Right, but those kind of people tend to sit down by the ice. Anyway, it hasnt been hard to get seats in the 300 level the past few years for the playoffs. You just gotta get them right when they go on sale. They arent as good as your seats. But lets be honest, theres very few bad seats at the UC.
When the Hawks won the Cup I had tickets in the 300 level for game 4 against the Sharks. I can't remember what tickets were going for on StubHub but I remember it was an absurd amount. I just couldn't pass up being at the game that send the Hawks to the Cup Finals though.

Illinihockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 04:16 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

$750 for a pair of 1st round 300s is utterly insane. Think mine were $85 each for game 6 last year.

IU Hawks fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 04:22 PM
digdug41982

We'll get early reports after they go on sale. I'll just say from many years of experience, the ticket market is very fickle. If it is a truly great year like this, the sky is the limit. Any other year, you might get them at face value or slightly above or maybe below. There have been times where I couldn't go to a Cubs game and couldn't give them away. It's ALWAYS a buyer's market except for these rare years where it is completely flip flopped and then some.

Old
04-11-2013, 05:22 PM
Ace Rothstein
Aces High

My parents sold their tickets to the Friday night Ducks game a few weeks back for $185 each and they are in the 14th row at the blue line in the 300 level. My bro is in the corners in the 3rd row upstairs and hasn't gotten more than $140 each this year. I wouldn't be shocked if you can't get playoff tickets upstairs for less than $200 a pop this year.

Ace Rothstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 05:32 PM
Kaners BAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
^^^^
No

I haven't spent a dime on anything Hawk-related this year nor will I. I suppose if you said Game 7 for the Cup but that's once-in-a-lifetime stuff.

Piss on the NHL owners. And I am getting fed up with all this marketing crap. Hey, I'm all for charity and helping out those in need but the Hawks sure do promote and advertise their altruistic ways. Rant over. Go Hawks.

Kaners BAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 06:52 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
My parents sold their tickets to the Friday night Ducks game a few weeks back for $185 each and they are in the 14th row at the blue line in the 300 level. My bro is in the corners in the 3rd row upstairs and hasn't gotten more than $140 each this year. I wouldn't be shocked if you can't get playoff tickets upstairs for less than $200 a pop this year.
That's why you gotta get them right when they go on sale for close to face value. The secondary market is rough.

I've never bought playoff tickets. If you order round 2 tickets how does that work. Thinking about taking my chances getting those.

TorMenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 06:57 PM
Cullksinikers

There's no way in hell WCQF 300 level seats will be $375 per. WCF, sure. First-round tickets will be reasonable.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 07:55 PM
Ilrider

Quote:
That's why you gotta get them right when they go on sale for close to face value. The secondary market is rough.

I've never bought playoff tickets. If you order round 2 tickets how does that work. Thinking about taking my chances getting those.
Buying on the secondary market the day of the game can get you a good deal at times. I got 3 tickets to game 6 last year for $15 under face value per seat from a season ticket holder on Craigslist. Not the norm, but it happens. This season they will probably be high. Getting them Monday is a good idea if you can.

If you buy round 2 and the game is not played you get a refund. Dates and times will not be certain right away I don't think.

Ilrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 08:46 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

The secondary market has been insane this year. Combination of the shortened season and Hawks streak/success.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 09:33 PM
AbeLincolnsGhost

Send a message via AIM to AbeLincolnsGhost
My hope is that the Blue Jackets get 8th so I can get to some play-off games this year.

AbeLincolnsGhost is offline   Reply With Quote