HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(Article) Bryzgalov sounds off on his future in Philadelphia

Old
04-11-2013, 10:01 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
You just read my mind and put it into words regarding every point you made. Well done my friend.
The latest from Sleep-gate. If Seravalli is now making up quotes which I doubt he would since it would totally screw over his career then there seems to be some truth to this story and whoever the players are that were ticked off by his action...they obviously felt a need to call him out with the media. Regardless, again Bryz somehow needs to stop his antics whether he's kidding or not b/c it's too much of a distraction. It's just not professional...having said this whoever the leakers are..they aren't helping.

Quote:
After practice on Monday, coach Peter Laviolette notified both Mason and Bryzgalov of his plans to start Mason.

At that point, multiple players confirmed Bryzgalov closed his eyes during the team's brief meeting that followed him being notified.

"Whether he was actually sleeping or not, no one knows for sure," said one player on the condition of anonymity, for fear of retribution. "It seemed like he may have been doing it to get a rise out of other players. I'm not really sure why he did it, or if he was faking it. Either way, it seemed to catch a lot of people by surprise and angered a few people."

Once again, Bryzgalov is in the thick of controversy - something that has marred his 2 years in Philadelphia since he signed a 9-year, $51 million deal in 2011.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...m_meeting.html

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 10:04 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
I remember we used to do that back in my minor hockey days. If our coach would reem us out during the intermission. It would be dead silence after he would leave the room then BAM! someone lightens the mood by letting one rip
Yup....the inventor of the whoopie cushion understood the "power" of the human fart...

Old
04-11-2013, 10:40 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
The latest from Sleep-gate. If Seravalli is now making up quotes which I doubt he would since it would totally screw over his career then there seems to be some truth to this story and whoever the players are that were ticked off by his action...they obviously felt a need to call him out with the media. Regardless, again Bryz somehow needs to stop his antics whether he's kidding or not b/c it's too much of a distraction. It's just not professional...having said this whoever the leakers are..they aren't helping.
I'm not denying that it happened, I just don't care. Whoever the player that said it was is a coward.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 10:44 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
I'm not denying that it happened, I just don't care. Whoever the player that said it was is a coward.
Doesn't matter though if you don't care...depends on how the majority of the locker room perceives Bryz's antic(s). That really is the crux of the matter. Having said this, this kind of stuff happens when you lose a lot and it should stay "in the room" just like the Dry Island stuff but regardless this is not great for team cohesion if you have some players feeling the need to call Bryz out with the press....cowardly or not.

Old
04-11-2013, 10:46 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
Doesn't matter though if you don't care...depends on how the majority of the locker room perceives Bryz's antic(s). That really is the crux of the matter. Having said this, this kind of stuff happens when you lose a lot and it should stay "in the room" just like the Dry Island stuff but regardless this is not great for team cohesion if you have some players feeling the need to call Bryz out with the press....cowardly or not.
No I totally agree, I'm saying it should stay in the room and that guy who said that to the media is a bad teammate. Say it to Bryz. Say it to Lavi. If you won't give your name for fear of being reprimanded, maybe don't say what you are gonna say. It won't help, obviously.

Old
04-11-2013, 11:04 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
No I totally agree, I'm saying it should stay in the room and that guy who said that to the media is a bad teammate. Say it to Bryz. Say it to Lavi. If you won't give your name for fear of being reprimanded, maybe don't say what you are gonna say. It won't help, obviously.
Maybe they already have said something in the room, or maybe they don't like him and don't care what gets to the media. This is similar to Giguere blasting the Avs for thinking ahead to their trip to Vegas. Last night the TSN panel was talking about it and 2 said they had no problem with it while 1 said it should have been talked about in the dressing room before.

You also have to remember he closed his eyes when Mason came to the bench during the Winnipeg game. I've never seen a goalie do something like that before.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 11:22 AM
skoods

Season is over anyway.

skoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 11:32 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoods View Post
Season is over anyway.
Yeah and for all the wrong reasons...

What is ironic about all this is how when Bob was here people would post his interviews and everybody raved about how well-adjusted he sounded whether they were interviews here or in Russia. Bob this year is showing it on the ice as well and backing up his resolve. Meanwhile, with Bryz we get these bad attitude interviews where we are supposed to understand him and try to decipher whether he cares or not or how much he cares. Frankly I'm sick of him and his soap opera antics. I don't find them funny anymore and probably a good portion of the team feels the same way despite their politically correct denials in public. Now we see the first crack where part of the team is leaking stuff out to make him look bad b/c they are probably sick of him. He really does seem to be a bad teammate but yeah the leakers aren't helping...their emotions and frustrations are just getting the better of them.

Old
04-11-2013, 11:43 AM
Flyersfan1493
Formerly Go For It

I just want one season where the media doesn't sensationalize a non-story.

Is that too much to ask for?

Flyersfan1493 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 11:52 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post

It's a story but definitely the media is playing it up...Bryz is a target no doubt (now among undisclosed teammates) but he draws attention to himself as well. He just needs to play hockey and live up to his contract although that seems pretty insurmountable at this point. He just needs to be amnestied and sadly the Flyers will still be looking for a bonafide number 1 and relying on hope with Mason..and maybe some FA or player to trade for.

Old
04-11-2013, 12:18 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Maybe they already have said something in the room, or maybe they don't like him and don't care what gets to the media. This is similar to Giguere blasting the Avs for thinking ahead to their trip to Vegas. Last night the TSN panel was talking about it and 2 said they had no problem with it while 1 said it should have been talked about in the dressing room before.

You also have to remember he closed his eyes when Mason came to the bench during the Winnipeg game. I've never seen a goalie do something like that before.
Even if it was, I see no scenarios that outing him to the media helps the situation. I can't think of one.

Old
04-11-2013, 12:32 PM
Brayden Pattison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post

Yes. The Philly news media are like Pele, the Hawaiian volcano goddess. Every once in a while they require a sacrifice or the entire city would be destroyed.

Brayden Pattison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:41 PM
BernieParent

So, how long before Laviolette introduces Dream Island?

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:55 PM
Razor the Goalie
Can I Get a Hot Tub

Seravalli, Carchidi, Panaccio, Baicker are the worst.

0 Hockey sense, they bring a TMZ persona to their reporting.

Instead of analyzing the game they look at the off ice intangibles as the most important aspect of this team.

Don't know many multi-millonare 23 year olds who wouldn't be partying.

Don't know many goalies who wouldn't get frustrated when they have 4 AHL Defensemen infront of them.

Plus, how can you take Panaccio serious when he reports on Hockeybuzz with Eklund who is the absolute worst rumor monger out there.

Razor the Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:59 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldberg The Goalie View Post
Seravalli, Carchidi, Panaccio, Baicker are the worst.

0 Hockey sense, they bring a TMZ persona to their reporting.

Instead of analyzing the game they look at the off ice intangibles as the most important aspect of this team.

Don't know many multi-millonare 23 year olds who wouldn't be partying.

Don't know many goalies who wouldn't get frustrated when they have 4 AHL Defensemen infront of them.

Plus, how can you take Panaccio serious when he reports on Hockeybuzz with Eklund who is the absolute worst rumor monger out there.
To be fair Bill Metzler reports on there too and many here consider him to be the best and most knowledgeable writer for the Flyers. I still agree with your overall assessment that Timmy P is an ***clown though.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 01:07 PM
Brayden Pattison

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
To be fair Bill Metzler reports on there too and many here consider him to be the best and most knowledgeable writer for the Flyers. I still agree with your overall assessment that Timmy P is an ***clown though.
I've never understood that. It's like painting the Mona Lisa on used toilet paper.

Brayden Pattison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 01:18 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad St Cyberbully View Post
I've never understood that. It's like painting the Mona Lisa on used toilet paper.
Ahh I don't know why he writes there but it doesn't really matter his work sells itself. If you want quality detailed articles with fair analyses and no hit pieces he's your guy. If you want the TMZ-like circus stuff and moronic viewpoints with the on-ice stuff than Panotch, Seravelli, Miller etc. are your guys.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 01:25 PM
Curufinwe

vCash: 50
It also helps that he covers the Stars as well as the Flyers so he has a better perspective of what's going on around the league.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 01:39 PM
Razor the Goalie
Can I Get a Hot Tub

If you go to hockeybuzz.com right now and read Panaccio Article and then read Meltzer it is almost night and day.

It's a joke to have Panaccio as the Flyers beat writer for the biggest sports media company in the area when you have Meltzer writing on hockeybuzz.

Razor the Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 02:23 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Amazing how this turned into an assault on the Flyers' beat writers. I'm not a fan of Seravalli or Panaccio or the like, I actually think they're quite terrible and they know nothing about hockey, but reporting on stuff like this is their job. And they haven't done anything wrong here to suggest they're lying or making something up. Our beat writers weren't even the ones who broke the story.

As far as the actual subject of this story, it's unbelievable to me the lengths people are still willing to go to in order to defend Bryz. Now according to some it's OK to fall asleep in team meetings because they've done it before and it's actually the anonymous player who's a terrible person for reporting Bryz.

I'm glad that player came forward. Clearly the behind closed doors stuff wasn't working. Bryz has been as chatty as ever to the media recently, and he's been worse than ever on the ice. No excuse for his play, his mouthing off to the media, or his sleeping on the bench / in meetings.

This guy needs to learn how to be a good teammate or he can leave.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 02:32 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
Amazing how this turned into an assault on the Flyers' beat writers. I'm not a fan of Seravalli or Panaccio or the like, I actually think they're quite terrible and they know nothing about hockey, but reporting on stuff like this is their job. And they haven't done anything wrong here to suggest they're lying or making something up. Our beat writers weren't even the ones who broke the story.

As far as the actual subject of this story, it's unbelievable to me the lengths people are still willing to go to in order to defend Bryz. Now according to some it's OK to fall asleep in team meetings because they've done it before and it's actually the anonymous player who's a terrible person for reporting Bryz.

I'm glad that player came forward. Clearly the behind closed doors stuff wasn't working. Bryz has been as chatty as ever to the media recently, and he's been worse than ever on the ice. No excuse for his play, his mouthing off to the media, or his sleeping on the bench / in meetings.

I pretty much concur with this....it's similar to the dry island debate. The fact is that Bryz continues to be a distraction and is contributing to the media frenzy. The media needs to be responsible and not make stuff up or overly dramatize it but I'm not so sure Seravalli is doing so at least the latter and definitely not the former unless he wants to totally end his career by making crap up...

Old
04-11-2013, 02:41 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

if he was playing at "start of season" form, 99% of us here wouldn't care what he said

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 02:48 PM
Gormo
Holupchi

I just cant understand how you can tolerate this guy anymore. Bryz is one of the last guys in the league Id want on my team. His attitude sucks. He honestly just doesnt seem to care a lot of the time.

How many times have I heard this guy complain to the media about how he thinks he is being treated unfairly by them? People think its funny when he says stuff like "Why you heff be mad?" but its also pretty childish.

His act is wearing quite thin in Philadelphia... its long overdue for him that he concentrate on his obligations as a teammate, rather then try make himself the center of attention.

Gormo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 03:21 PM
Stranger Danger
the

Quote:

A good teammate doesn't say anything negative about a teammate to the press. No excuse for mouthing off to the media? LOL The media make their living off of HIM, if the Philly media weren't such ******** in general, who knows how this team looks right now?

Stranger Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 03:42 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:

Why is the player that blurted this out to the media not a problem? I didn't say it was okay for Bryz to fall asleep in a meeting, I'm saying for it to be blown out of proportion like they are in the same league as dry island is insane.

Can you define what a good teammate is?