HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 UFA targets for Buffalo?

Old
04-11-2013, 01:09 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
Yeah word Is that Filppula wants between $5.5m-$6.0m per year for at least 6 years he's not worth that kind of money.
He'll get talked down to 4.5-5.3 and I'd take him at that price. He'd immediately be our best defensive forward, and would finally give us a season-long three-center mix for the first time since Briere/Drury.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 02:01 PM
N.Y. Orangeman

It is time to embrace the horror and not sign any UFAs. Other than veteran minor league players who can help grow and teach our kids, I'm not in favor of signing anyone until we figure out what are core will be for the next 3-5 years.

N.Y. Orangeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 02:01 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
He'll get talked down to 4.5-5.3 and I'd take him at that price. He'd immediately be our best defensive forward, and would finally give us a season-long three-center mix for the first time since Briere/Drury.
Seriously doubt that If Filppula say gets down to $4.5 mil then Detroit will resign him word Is that Ken Holland offered him a 6 year deal worth $27 million or $4.5 million cap hit per season and the Filppula camp balked at It.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 02:18 PM
slip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
Seriously doubt that If Filppula say gets down to $4.5 mil then Detroit will resign him word Is that Ken Holland offered him a 6 year deal worth $27 million or $4.5 million cap hit per season and the Filppula camp balked at It.
"Do I look like Ville Leino?"

slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip View Post
"Do I look like Ville Leino?"
Yep sounds like Ville Leino 2.0 all over again.

Old
04-11-2013, 03:36 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Except Flip can actually skate, play defense, and handle all aspects of being an NHL center.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 04:28 PM
RazielMoshman
Ever hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Except Flip can actually skate, play defense, and handle all aspects of being an NHL center.
Aside from the small issue his a winger and is proven to be best at wing.

RazielMoshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 04:44 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

The biggest difference between Flip and Leino is that Flip has several good years, whereas Leino really had only the 1. Filppula is more proven. But 5.5-6.0M proven? Not likely.

New Sabres Captain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 05:26 PM
Fly Boy
Aye Sir!

I watch the Red Wings alot and I really like Flippula. He would be be the one UFA I would go after this year and yes I would advise going after him. He looks like he is utilized incorrectly and if given a prominent role in the top 6 he can put up numbers like he did last year. Put him on the first line:

Flippula - Hodgson - Vanek

I could easily see him putting up 55-65 pts a year there. He can skate, play defense, and can fill in for center depth if injuries arise. He really can do it all. I honestly see him as perfect replica replacement for Pominville. I would offer him 5 x $5M and not look back. I think he would be a real good addition to this team.

Fly Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 11:23 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazielMoshman View Post
Aside from the small issue his a winger and is proven to be best at wing.
Actualy last year when he scored 66 points most of the damage was done with him being the Centerman.

Old
04-13-2013, 12:23 PM
Sabretip

Based on TBN's article and other recent reports around the league on what buyouts the Flyers may do this summer, does anyone else see the Sabres possibly bringing Briere back as a free agent not only as a PR move to help dilute the negativity fans are feeling but with the notion that his veteran status would be sold as a mentor/role model to all of the younger prospects and players?

We all heard Briere's interviews in 2011, admitting that any resentment he had over his Buffalo departure was more linked to Quinn/Golisano than it was to Regier. And, at age 35, the demand for Briere may not be that high if he's let go this summer.

I'm not necessarily advocating bringing Briere back but, given the viral state of frustrations that seems to be surrounding the franchise right now, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Sabres look for goodwill gestures or olive branches to appease the fans in small ways and temper some of the natural pessimism about the future if Regier remains in place -and signing someone as popular as Briere for a 2 year deal at more reasonable salary might be such a move.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 12:34 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
Based on TBN's article and other recent reports around the league on what buyouts the Flyers may do this summer, does anyone else see the Sabres possibly bringing Briere back as a free agent not only as a PR move to help dilute the negativity fans are feeling but with the notion that his veteran status would be sold as a mentor/role model to all of the younger prospects and players?

We all heard Briere's interviews in 2011, admitting that any resentment he had over his Buffalo departure was more linked to Quinn/Golisano than it was to Regier. And, at age 35, the demand for Briere may not be that high if he's let go this summer.

I'm not necessarily advocating bringing Briere back but, given the viral state of frustrations that seems to be surrounding the franchise right now, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Sabres look for goodwill gestures or olive branches to appease the fans in small ways and temper some of the natural pessimism about the future if Regier remains in place -and signing someone as popular as Briere for a 2 year deal at more reasonable salary might be such a move.
Depends on cost. He might help them as a transition player while the kids are maturing and may still have something to offer on the PP considering how terrible the Sabres PP is/has been.