HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Will Hall demand a trade? (2014)

Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2013, 11:43 AM
Smartguy

vCash: 580
If were still the same team next year with no improvement Id say there would be alot of moves with this team but hall probably would not be one

Old
04-11-2013, 11:46 AM
Moneypuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwise Gagner View Post
He just signed on for 7 years of this last summer, I assume he has more faith in the team then to ask out that early.
He signed that deal to lock in his earnings for the next 7 years. I'm sure he cares little if he earns it as an Edmonton Oiler, or while wearing another teams jersey. I agree, his patience has to be wearing thin at this point.

Old
04-11-2013, 11:47 AM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 1220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
i see a lot of people posting no without much reasoning...so i ask you this how long would he be willing to bide his time, wait and hope that things get better? at what point would you expect him to want out?
Tavares signed a long contract with NYI when they had a worse future than Edmonton.

Old
04-11-2013, 11:51 AM
DJ EarWax

I hope so, he doesn't deserve to put up with this crap year in and year out.

Old
04-11-2013, 11:55 AM
Koto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousBusiness View Post
Exactly. Hall signed his big deal knowing damn well where the team was at.
did you miss the first half of my comment?

he signed the long term deal because when someone puts 42M on the table you take it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
Tavares signed a long contract with NYI when they had a worse future than Edmonton.
Same situation, why don't people understand that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneypuck View Post
He signed that deal to lock in his earnings for the next 7 years. I'm sure he cares little if he earns it as an Edmonton Oiler, or while wearing another teams jersey. I agree, his patience has to be wearing thin at this point.

Old
04-11-2013, 11:58 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 0
If we don't make the playoffs next year? I could see it. I could see it in July if ST doesn't do anything to make this team better him asking for a trade.

Old
04-11-2013, 12:08 PM
Up the Irons

vCash: 480
Only, if Tambo does what he always does, nothing, and the team remains suckie. But, I think Tambo is going try thing dramatic, like moving Gagner and 1st pick. He is on hot seat now.

Old
04-11-2013, 12:08 PM
Moose Coleman

Project much guys?

Old
04-11-2013, 01:12 PM
MetaOil1993

vCash: 450
I doubt it especially is we miss the playoffs next year by a point or two, If we have a Bottom 5 year next year then I wouldn't be surprised or blame him. I am sick of losing too.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:19 PM
McClelland

vCash: 50
He can at least be remembered as true oiler if he stays out his whole career without winning anything. Look at Sundin and Salming in toronto(they left in the end of their careers to try grab a ring).

Old
04-11-2013, 01:26 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

It's definitely possible.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:27 PM
OilerNut*

When has a #1 pick demanded a trade after not making the playoffs in his first 3 years?

Old
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwise Gagner View Post
He just signed on for 7 years of this last summer, I assume he has more faith in the team then to ask out that early.
You're assuming that naivety didn't play in to his decision to sign that contract. After all, look at what the Blackhawks did shortly after Kane and Toews arrived.

Old
oilphan

As crazy as it sounds right now, it would not be the first time someone wanted to be moved because a team was not moving forward. Especially with a guy as competitive as Hall. Can you imagine how he will be feeling if we are looking at a top 5 pick next year too? With Tambo at the helm, that is exactly what I am anticipating for the 2014 season.

I would actually welcome it. It may be the only way to force this damn organization to do something to improve the team.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:29 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post
When has a #1 pick demanded a trade after not making the playoffs in his first 3 years?
Professional hockey players are a different breed now compared to the players who came before them. It's all about A) The lifestyle that their money affords them and B) Winning. Hall is experiencing neither in northern Alberta.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:31 PM
OilerNut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Professional hockey players are a different breed now compared to the players who came before them. It's all about A) The lifestyle that their money affords them and B) Winning. Hall is experiencing neither in northern Alberta.
You have nothing to prove Hall is like this...

Old
04-11-2013, 01:33 PM
Soundwave

Tavares has stuck with the Islanders, and it looks like that's finally paying off and he has been there a year longer than Hall.

If he wants to speed up the rebuild, play better. Simple as that. Get RNH and Eberle to do the same.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:34 PM
oilersfan11

Fans:We believe that he'll want out.

Hall:I'm not going to ask for a trade.

Management:Hall isn't going to ask for a trade.

This thread screams of a fan's impatience.Nothing better to do then to post a ridiculous thread.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:36 PM
Moose Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilphan View Post
As crazy as it sounds right now, it would not be the first time someone wanted to be moved because a team was not moving forward. Especially with a guy as competitive as Hall. Can you imagine how he will be feeling if we are looking at a top 5 pick next year too? With Tambo at the helm, that is exactly what I am anticipating for the 2014 season.
After three or four years, though? Come on. It took Rick Nash a decade to finally have enough of losing and he never had a supporting cast like Hall has.

This thread is nothing more than fans projecting their own anxieties and fears onto a complete stranger.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:37 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
Fans:We believe that he'll want out.

Hall:I'm not going to ask for a trade.

Management:Hall isn't going to ask for a trade.

This thread screams of a fan's impatience.Nothing better to do then to post a ridiculous thread.

I'm surprised that you haven't started a thread clamoring for Sam Reinhart or Aaron Ekblad yet.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:38 PM
oilersfan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post

I'm surprised that you haven't started a thread clamoring for Sam Reinhart or Aaron Ekblad yet.
Why would I when we don't need them?

Old
04-11-2013, 01:38 PM
KarmaPolice
Masterdebater

vCash: 777
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
I'm not sure how he would go about doing asking for a new GM. Talk to Katz directly?

Anyhow, I could see Hall voicing his concern if next year isn't any different. Asking for a trade though? I suppose anything is possible, but that would surprise me some.

Management *should* be fired this offseason, but they won't be. If we are still terrible next year though, I think Tambo will be let go. Lowe won't be though, he has a job for life.
It's absolutely unbelievable how he's wormed his way up to a position he created for himself, and now is almost completely entrenched. I think only Katz can remove him, but will he ever do it? If this many years of failure isn't enough, what's it's going to take?

Old
04-11-2013, 01:39 PM
Gone
Fire KLowe

I am not sure about Hall, but the Oilers culture of losing will get tiring for those with a competative spirit. Particularly when 'the player' doesn't see a path to winning.

The organizations inability to win a trade and fill the holes must be obvious to some of the players.

Eventually, one of the kids, will demand a trade; I suspect it could be as early as next year, especially if the team gets off to a bad start. Realistically this team "could" be worse next year: the vets are getting older and slower. The D will likely be infused with some younger talent and therefore be more exposed. Dubnyk 'might' take a step backwards, and the team doesn't have a back up option.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:41 PM
Gone
Fire KLowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPolice View Post
It's absolutely unbelievable how he's wormed his way up to a position he created for himself, and now is almost completely entrenched. I think only Katz can remove him, but will he ever do it? If this many years of failure isn't enough, what's it's going to take?
The only way Lowe gets removed is if fan stop showing up to games. Another 20 or 30 years in the basement, and I could envision a few empty seats.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:41 PM
oilersfan11

How's this thread not locked up?

It's an embarrassment.

Closed Thread