HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The OFFICIAL Fire Tambo and Fire Lowe MOVEMENT

Old
04-11-2013, 03:06 PM
Shanahanigans

vCash: 500
The OFFICIAL Fire Tambo and Fire Lowe MOVEMENT

Okay, so I think we've all had MORE than enough from these two incompetent excuses for GMs. I know that media members check this forum, and I wouldn't be surprised if some Oilers brass did as well.

We have to send them a message that us fans will NOT tolerate the lack of effort put into this team outside of drafting first overall.

What we need, is someone who is good with making avatars. I think, for the next month, everyone, or almost everyone on HF Oil should have the same avatar- a picture with both #FireTambo and #FireLowe on it. With the hashtags, we could also make it a twitter movement.

FIRE THESE LOSERS!!

Shanahanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 03:09 PM
ExOilerFan

vCash: 50
It doesn't matter what we do
These 2 will never be fired as long as Katz is the owner
They are all buddies

ExOilerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 03:11 PM
Koto

fire them all to be safe.

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 03:11 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 350
Really think the team cares what people on HF say?

Want to make a difference start a fire lowe/st chant at the game or bring in signs.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 03:15 PM
Joey Moss

vCash: 815
MacT, Buchberger, Smith and Krueger can go with 'em.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 03:20 PM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

vCash: 860
Lowe was a genius. He essentially promoted himself after his GM career was going down fast. Tambellini was hired to take over and so people could point the finger at him.

Tambellini was brought into tank and get good players through the draft. Next year they're going to let him go and MacT will take the reigns at GM. They will have moderate success and than after 5 years of Mact (because of the "sucess" people will start to call for his head after not making the finals).

Then at that point Lowe will finally step down to retire and such. Mact will be let go and we will finally have a new culture here at the Oilers.

So in essence what i'm predicing is 2019 is about the time that the culture will change on this team.

flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 03:23 PM
Dabomb

Season ticket holders should just make a statement by:

1)stop going to the rest of the games this year
2)not renewing their season tickets for next year

... would send a big message but very slim chance of this happening given our strong hockey market.

Dabomb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 03:24 PM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
MacT, Buchberger, Smith and Krueger can go with 'em.
This is the big problem. The Oilers cronyism has put Tambellinis replacement in place all ready. MacT

If Krueger gets canned, MacT steps in.
If Tambo gets canned MacT steps in (with Howson elevated to advise him.)

This is why this team and probably it's glorified rebuild is closer to doom than success. The number one mantra of management is to surround yourself with the best people possible. The Oilers mantra is to surround yourself with the best friends possible.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 03:38 PM
fysloc

I would be interested to see what MacT can do in a GM role, seeing as he likes to get those hard working grinders, which is what we lack right now.

fysloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 03:39 PM
OilerNut*

Katz doesn't care until the new arena is built and fans stop showing up and buying stuff.

OilerNut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 03:47 PM
Wizeman*

Canucks fan here.

You guys have a great young core. But I do think you need a change in GM and coach. The future is bright for the Oilers if you play your cards right.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 04:10 PM
Sheikyerbouti

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysloc View Post
I would be interested to see what MacT can do in a GM role, seeing as he likes to get those hard working grinders, which is what we lack right now.
My concern is when Lowe was in charge and Mac-T was coach, how much blame can MacT get for things like the Brodziak and Torres trades? If Mac-T thought Brodziak was an important part of the team, I doubt he would have been moved for nothing. So he was undoubtedly a part of all those bad decisions that robbed the team of its character grinders. Moreau was his pet remember, who went from captain to retired basically. Mac-T was a big part of the problem.

GM'ing is also a fall back career for him. Not something he strove for or worked towards. He's a failed coach with no experience - a great scout maybe. I'd rather have someone who wants the position and will work relentlessly to succeed. We don't have that right now.

Sheikyerbouti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 04:11 PM
oilinblood

vCash: 553
They wont be fired. People just have to realize Katz is a snake, a snake with greasy hair and rubbing his greedy hands together as he makes billions off some joke team through all the real-estate projects.

Oilers jerseys should just say "suckers" or "pathetic suckers". 2 playoffs in 12 years.

Step back and you will see i am right. IM not hear to insult, im here to tell everyone step back and see that you have been swindled.

The joke is on you, on me, and everyone with Oilers merch and tickets.

Im done being a joke.

oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 04:18 PM
Sheikyerbouti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
The number one mantra of management is to surround yourself with the best people possible. The Oilers mantra is to surround yourself with the best friends possible.
I really agree with this. You could hire a very smart and pragmatic person that had never seen a hockey game and surround him with experienced hockey people and good scouts and they would succeed more than not.

We have a team of buffoons between Mact, Tamby and Lowe.

Handing this team to even Olczyk and Mcgregor would yield positive results. We have good hockey people in this organization, the buffoons being some of them, but lack leadership at the very top.

No clear vision of what the finished product will look like.

Sheikyerbouti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 04:24 PM
oilfaninvan

I'm on board with this.

Although I agree that the only effective protest is to not attend or buy single tickets to remaining games. End the sellout streak.

If you don't renew your season tickets, someone else in the line of 10k people will snatch them up, so that's not really an effective idea either.

Stop buying stuff at the games at the very least, like beer, food, and merch.

It's really all you can do. But hashtags are fun, too.

oilfaninvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 04:50 PM
oilinblood

vCash: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfaninvan View Post
I'm on board with this.

Although I agree that the only effective protest is to not attend or buy single tickets to remaining games. End the sellout streak.

If you don't renew your season tickets, someone else in the line of 10k people will snatch them up, so that's not really an effective idea either.

Stop buying stuff at the games at the very least, like beer, food, and merch.

It's really all you can do. But hashtags are fun, too.
i agree. Basically the Oilers will likely always sell tickets just based on the fact that this city is depressing and pathetic to stay in for 8 months of they year. Everything is dead or hiding.

oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 05:11 PM
Gord
Tesla

vCash: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanahanigans View Post
Okay, so I think we've all had MORE than enough from these two incompetent excuses for GMs. I know that media members check this forum, and I wouldn't be surprised if some Oilers brass did as well.

We have to send them a message that us fans will NOT tolerate the lack of effort put into this team outside of drafting first overall.

What we need, is someone who is good with making avatars. I think, for the next month, everyone, or almost everyone on HF Oil should have the same avatar- a picture with both #FireTambo and #FireLowe on it. With the hashtags, we could also make it a twitter movement.

FIRE THESE LOSERS!!
Katz is too busy counting all the money people keep spending on the oilers to bother firing those two clowns.

if all it took was upset people on a message board, lowe would have been fired years ago.

let me know when you get to the point that you're going to hold a rally.
I bet you get as many people that went to the fire MacT rally.

the best I can do is snicker if someone takes the trouble to make an applicable meme that features grumpycat.

Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 05:12 PM
rec28

Send a message via MSN to rec28
They won't be fired because for the past 4-5 years they have been executing exactly according to plan. Ownership and managment bought in - all in - to the notion of rebuilding the franchise from the ground-up. Fan anger comes largely from the fact that their goals expectations are completely at odds with those of ownership and management. Fans want to think they've been striving for success -or at the very least, improvement - year over year. It seems clear to me that this has not been the plan at all - Katz & Tamblowe committed to completely turning the franchise around through a long and very painful rebuilding process.

Rewind 4-5 years:

- Middling (at best) on-ice talent
- Weak prospect pool (Schremp! Mihknov! Niinimaki!) < Edit: Ok, maybe a little older than the period I had in mind; same level of suckage, though
- Ignored by top tier UFAs

With those as your starting conditions, there's very little you can do aside from hoping for an unexpected diamond from your mid-round draft picks. No one was going to trade them a Mercedes for a 2for1 Pacer/Gremlin package (Hemsky was, by far, THE most valuable asset in the organization for several years - ruminate on that for a while), the farm team was mediocre at best, and elite UFAs wouldn't piss on the organization if it were on fire. When all of these variables are true, how else but through the draft do you improve the level of talent in the organization?

With all this in mind, they decided to burn it to the ground and rebuild through the draft. The reality is that to do so effectively the team needs to suck - well and truly - for several years. Just one year isn't going to do it. The Colorado/Philly comparisons that always come up aren't comparable - despite their lack of success, they had elite on-ice talent, high-value trading chips, and a history of top UFA signings.

Fast forward to today and the situation has turned around 180 degrees:

- Spectacular - if still young and inconsistent - on ice talent
- A solid prospect pool
- A legitimate suitor to high-demand UFAs (i.e. Schultz; TBD if it continues)

Now the key pieces are in place but they are just so young that they are going through the naturally frustrating and inconsistent learning process. Their brief success this year, imo, signals an upcoming change in a pproach by mgmt. They've effecively been playing possum the last several years - do just enough to ice a regulation NHL team, but nothing to actually improve them. I think that's going to change this off-season. They now have the high-value assets to trade for other high-value assets in order to build an on-ice contender. I would argue that had they not gone on a tear and pulled themselves back into the playoff hunt, Tamblowe would have been far more active at the trade deadline. As it happened, they felt the experience and potential success was worth more and decided to more or less stand pat - it's hard to argue with that. I'd also suggest that the act of standing pat represents a change in approach.

Once they turn that corner, their goals and your goals will be aligned. They'll actually be focused on near-term success, and can be assessed accordingly.

It's completely fair game to argue whether it's the right plan or even if they're going about it in the correct way, but make no mistake, rebirth and long-term success through utter and sustained destruction has been the intent all along. They've been playing the long game and nothing else.

Last edited by rec28: 04-11-2013 at 05:24 PM.
rec28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 05:14 PM
Alex87

Tambellini will obviously be fired after the season. The MacTavish hiring wasn't a coincidence.

Lowe isn't going anywhere though. Like it or not, Katz isn't qualified to oversee hockey operations and, unfortunately, none of us have Lowe's job description and therefore none of us can really say whether he's doing a bad job or not.

Alex87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 05:15 PM
Psychoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
Canucks fan here.

You guys have a great young core. But I do think you need a change in GM and coach. The future is bright for the Oilers if you play your cards right.
come join the movement then lol, maybe we can get canuck fans to start chanting this at GM place too

Psychoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 05:25 PM
Philly85
Raps'

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Lowe was a genius. He essentially promoted himself after his GM career was going down fast. Tambellini was hired to take over and so people could point the finger at him.

Tambellini was brought into tank and get good players through the draft. Next year they're going to let him go and MacT will take the reigns at GM. They will have moderate success and than after 5 years of Mact (because of the "sucess" people will start to call for his head after not making the finals).

Then at that point Lowe will finally step down to retire and such. Mact will be let go and we will finally have a new culture here at the Oilers.

So in essence what i'm predicing is 2019 is about the time that the culture will change on this team.
This is the most realistic and plausible thing I've read in awhile. Getting down to bottom lines and such.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 05:30 PM
doulos

Stop going to games and buying merchandise. Only way to make a change. But few have the fortitude to do that so nothing will change.

I was offered free tickets and still didn't go. I can watch the game fine on TV and not give a single penny to the team in doing so.

I won't go to another game until the team is a playoff team again, OR until management is replaced - at which point they get another few years out of me again.

Sorry guys, but when such a simple answer is in front of you and you don't do it then I don't feel sorry for you at all.

doulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 05:33 PM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysloc View Post
This forum will be very happy the day MacT gets named GM because I'll be gone.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 05:43 PM
oilphan

How much more evidence do you need when we hire a guy to be our GM who was tuned down by the Canucks for Nonis?

oilphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 05:44 PM
Gritzky98
Lottery Dynasty

that won't do anything, chants at games or protests infront of the oiler building by Kingsway might do something

Gritzky98 is offline   Reply With Quote