HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will Hall demand a trade? (2014)

Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2013, 01:42 PM
OilerNut*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone View Post
I am not sure about Hall, but the Oilers culture of losing will get tiring for those with a competative spirit. Particularly when 'the player' doesn't see a path to winning.

The organizations inability to win a trade and fill the holes must be obvious to some of the players.

Eventually, one of the kids, will demand a trade; I suspect it could be as early as next year, especially if the team gets off to a bad start. Realistically this team "could" be worse next year: the vets are getting older and slower. The D will likely be infused with some younger talent and therefore be more exposed. Dubnyk 'might' take a step backwards, and the team doesn't have a back up option.
Can we wait until at least August before we call next season a bust?

Old
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone View Post
I am not sure about Hall, but the Oilers culture of losing will get tiring for those with a competative spirit. Particularly when 'the player' doesn't see a path to winning.

The organizations inability to win a trade and fill the holes must be obvious to some of the players.

Eventually, one of the kids, will demand a trade; I suspect it could be as early as next year, especially if the team gets off to a bad start. Realistically this team "could" be worse next year: the vets are getting older and slower. The D will likely be infused with some younger talent and therefore be more exposed. Dubnyk 'might' take a step backwards, and the team doesn't have a back up option.
For whatever reason I didn't think about that. Oh joy.

Old
Koto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Coleman View Post
After three or four years, though? Come on. It took Rick Nash a decade to finally have enough of losing and he never had a supporting cast like Hall has.

This thread is nothing more than fans projecting their own anxieties and fears onto a complete stranger.
Doesn't Hall strike you as quite a bit more fiery and assertive than nash.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:43 PM
Oiltankjob Fail

vCash: 50
Panic much op .

Old
04-11-2013, 01:45 PM
RisingSun
Feels good man.

Probably, I'm surprised HF has this much faith in him. Same with Yak. If this team doesn't adopt a winning atmosphere soon, don't be surprised if trades begin to be requested. Why would you play at 110% just to lose on the Oilers, when you can play for the Blackhawks and win the cup?

Old
04-11-2013, 01:45 PM
Soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
Tavares and Stamkos, who quite frankly are better players than Hall, have put up with a lot of ups and downs in their rebuilds. Between the two of them, they've made the playoffs once thus far, I think. Tavares will finally get in this year, looks like, this being his 4th season.

Landeskog/Duchene/E. Johnson aren't exactly having a party in Colorado either.

The Leafs suffered for a long time, and Kadri was treated like dirt.

The Oilers probably would be in the playoffs right now if RNH + Eberle had seasons like they did last year. They can make the playoffs next year, the young players have to step up though.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:47 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

The coach still thinks that the issues on the team boil down to "maturing."

Quote:
Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers 2m
"How our game evolves over the course of 60 minutes isn't where we want it just yet. We're still maturing." - Coach Krueger
Just completely ignore the fact that it's the do nothing, contribute nothing veterans that are the problem.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:47 PM
April McEthereal
5-14-6-1

vCash: 407
I wouldn't blame him.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:48 PM
OilerNut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post

Just completely ignore the fact that it's the do nothing, contribute nothing veterans that are the problem.
Pretty sure the coach doesn't make the trades, he just has to work with what he has.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Moose Coleman

Quote:
I don't know the kid. He plays with a lot of fire to be sure. Not sure how much anyone can read from that into his off-ice mindset though.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:49 PM
Soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post
Pretty sure the coach doesn't make the trades, he just has to work with what he has.
That may be true, but we're also talking about a coach who was beaten last night by a roster that's maybe 1/3rd as talented as the one he has.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:50 PM
oilersfan11

Quote:
Which is why the Oilers suck now and have been so bad since 2006.

The Oilers=A team put together with bad players.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:52 PM
Gone
Fire KLowe

Quote:
Can we wait until at least August before we call next season a bust?
I'm not, I am just saying I see potential for a step backwards.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:54 PM
Cam98

if this team isn't in playoffs next year, i expect all kids to rally together demand the management to be gone or demand trades. what i would do.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:55 PM
Soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam98 View Post
if this team isn't in playoffs next year, i expect all kids to rally together demand the management to be gone or demand trades. what i would do.
If those players are as good as they think they are, they should be in the playoffs.

They likely would be in the playoffs this year if RNH and Eberle didn't wet the bed this season. That cost us 6 points in the standings easy.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:58 PM
Cam98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
If those players are as good as they think they are, they should be in the playoffs.

They likely would be in the playoffs this year if RNH and Eberle didn't wet the bed this season. That cost us 6 points in the standings easy.
up and downs happen with players. Management has been neglecting to improve this team through the backend (other then Schultz).

Old
04-11-2013, 02:00 PM
Soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam98 View Post
up and downs happen with players. Management has been neglecting to improve this team through the backend (other then Schultz).
The only player that has an excuse next year for underperforming is Yakupov because he's a sophomore.

We're not going to get Shea Weber. We're probably not even getting Mark Streit.

RNH, Eberle, Hall, MPS, and Gagner (if he's resigned) need to bring their A game next year. End of story. They're not toddlers at the NHL level after this year, it's time they all took the next step.

Nugent Hopkins in particular, I'm willing to give him a pass for this year, but we go as far as he takes us, and he needs to be better. He is better than this.

Old
04-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Koto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
The only player that has an excuse next year for underperforming is Yakupov because he's a sophomore.

We're not going to get Shea Weber. We're probably not even getting Mark Streit.

RNH, Eberle, Hall, MPS, and Gagner (if he's resigned) need to bring their A game next year. End of story. They're not toddlers at the NHL level after this year, it's time they all took the next step.
might be relevant if we had more than 3 quality+1 passable NHL defencemen.

Old
04-11-2013, 02:05 PM
Soundwave

Quote:
might be relevant if we had more than 3 quality+1 passable NHL defencemen.
John Tavares has less help in Long Island than Taylor Hall does.

Yes it would be nice to have another stud d-man, but those don't grow on trees, and throwing a pity party because you don't have one is unacceptable.

They could have made the playoffs this year with the d-corps they have.

The reason we are not making the playoffs is because Nugent Hopkins and Eberle haven't lit the lamp this year as much as they did last year. It's not because we're bottom five in the NHL for GA.

Old
04-11-2013, 02:13 PM
Koto

bad defence that fail to

A) win puck battles

B) pass the puck out of the zone, rather than dump it

contribute to not scoring much.

Old
04-11-2013, 02:13 PM
I am the Liquor
Nelson got screwed

vCash: 1271
Quote:
i see a lot of people posting no without much reasoning...so i ask you this how long would he be willing to bide his time, wait and hope that things get better? at what point would you expect him to want out?
If we lose to Calgary on Saturday, he will ask to be moved.

If we win one of the back to back games vs Anaheim, he will stifle those feelings, suck it up, and try again next year.

Old
04-11-2013, 02:14 PM
Soundwave

Quote:
bad defence that fail to

A) win puck battles

B) pass the puck out of the zone, rather than dump it

contribute to not scoring much.
And who was doing those things last year when Eberle and RNH were scoring at torrid paces?

This year they have Justin Schultz and a better Jeff Petry.

They have had bad seasons, period. And that's on them. Period.

Old
04-11-2013, 02:18 PM
MrBigglesworth

Quote:
If we don't make the playoffs next year, do you think Hall will demand a trade?

Losing is killing him, 4 years should have been plenty of time for management to make this team competitive, so if we miss the playoffs again next year, do you think he will want out?

I'm getting really scared of this possibility.
Hopefully the players are more realistic than the fans. We're currently sitting in 22nd after years of 29/30. Things are fine.

Old
04-11-2013, 03:06 PM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post

I doubt he's ignoring it. He's just not throwing our veteran players under the bus...and he shouldn't.

I don't complain about Smyth's play. Why? Because he shouldn't be in the league anymore and he's just playing like a guy that shouldn't be in the league anymore. Are Jones and Petrell better options for the 4th line? Probably but they suck too.

How many underachievers do we actually have on this team? Are Smyth, Potter, Whitney, Belanger or Eager underachieving? No. They're just bad players playing like bad players. Is Hemsky underachieving? Considering he's been an inconsistent/injury prone player for the past 4 seasons, I'd say he's been exactly what we should have expected.

Tambellini needs to give Krueger more to work with. There are different types of veterans. There are guys in their late 20's that have tons of valuable experience and can contribute...and then there's the veterans that we have. They are basically just old players that are over the hill and "veterans" is the nice way of putting it.

-

As for Hall requesting a trade. I doubt it...but I hope he doesn't hesitate to give management a piece of his mind in the exit meetings.

Old
04-11-2013, 03:15 PM
oilinblood

vCash: 553
Realistically no team in the NHL is more pathetic than the OIlers...and the city is worthless for 8 months of the year. The locals have nothing to do but to whine about their hockey team for 6-8 months of tthe year. If the loc

I live in Edmonton. Its a piece of crap. Worst city on earth.
The Oilers? 2 playoffs in 12 years. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yes he and Eberle will get out. Anyone who watches them knows they want to be out of loserville.

Eventually you want to ... not be a laughing stock. You have an owner who is only interested in his possible billions on real-estate options in the Arenaa district. He rubs his greedy spindly fingers together, and smiles his troll smile as he slithers around and cleans his scales. He may own the Oilers but he actually cares about the canucks.

But you guys believe what you want
ITs rediculous to think anyone with money and a billion suitors would care to be here.

Last edited by oilinblood: 04-11-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Closed Thread