HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

if moreau's out how does rita NOT get callup?

Closed Thread

Old
12-26-2003, 12:25 PM
jadeddog

vCash: 500
if moreau's out how does rita NOT get callup?

i think my subject line says it all really, but if moreau is out for a few games (or even a couple really) wouldnt a rita callup be in order? we have all discussed this quite a bit over the past couple of weeks and i think *now* is the absolute perfect time for a callup.... now i know some coaches dont like calling up players when the big club is losing but its not like the team could play any worst, because thats (hopefully) not possible..... i dont think rita will come up and score a bunch of goals and turn this team around, not at all actually.... but its a good a time as any to finally find out what we have in this prospect, especially since moreau is a LW

Old
12-26-2003, 01:44 PM
Meanashell11

100% agree

Old
12-26-2003, 04:18 PM
Yanner39

There is no reason. Even with a healthy Moreau, Rita should have been called up a few weeks ago.

Old
12-26-2003, 06:21 PM
Oi'll say!

I will go out on a limb here and say that Rita has to get some games in with the Oil this season just because of his status as Oiler property.

He has been signed by the team for long enough now that the Oilers will have to protect him in the waiver draft next season and as usual they will be hard pressed to keep all their useful players.

Rita's call-up will serve to a) show this org that he is worth protecting, or b) show his worth to other teams.

Old
12-27-2003, 06:16 AM
TheChase

It would be great to see him on that 3rd checking line; he would be a good fit and he certainly deserves it for his efforts on the roadrunners.

Old
12-27-2003, 06:36 AM
ZIM

vCash:
Moreau to play against Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog
i think my subject line says it all really, but if moreau is out for a few games (or even a couple really) wouldnt a rita callup be in order? we have all discussed this quite a bit over the past couple of weeks and i think *now* is the absolute perfect time for a callup.... now i know some coaches dont like calling up players when the big club is losing but its not like the team could play any worst, because thats (hopefully) not possible..... i dont think rita will come up and score a bunch of goals and turn this team around, not at all actually.... but its a good a time as any to finally find out what we have in this prospect, especially since moreau is a LW
From this article about Oates in the Edmonton Sun.

Quote:
Expect to see Ethan Moreau, who sat out in Calgary with a strained pectoral muscle and right shoulder, back in the lineup. He skated with Shawn Horcoff and Ales Hemsky yesterday.

Old
12-27-2003, 08:24 AM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

Moreau-Horcoff- Hemsky is there ANY reason for this?

Old
12-27-2003, 09:25 AM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

yeah rita definitely deserves a shot, guarantee it would be in edmonton by next year. please point it out if i am wrong, last time i checked his current contract runs out at the end of this year.

Old
12-27-2003, 09:28 AM
Axis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog

He got 4 points in 12 games last year. By those numbers, in an 82 game season he'd probably be a 20 goal scorer. I am as mystified by this as you.

Old
12-27-2003, 09:35 AM
Hemsky4PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#2
Of course there's a reason. MacT isn't that bright. There's your reason right there.

Old
12-27-2003, 09:59 AM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#2
Personally, I would pick my top 6 forwards and make my top two lines out of them...but hey...having the future of your franchise skating with pluggers goes towards my biggest MacT beef. He has no idea how to set lines.

Old
12-27-2003, 10:02 AM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

beat me to it slats your exactly right. the blender continues unabated. how many more line combinations can he come up with. hey maybe salo can play centre.

Old
12-27-2003, 10:29 AM
windowlicker

Thats one thing that blew my mind about Rita last year.
He was called up, scored a Beauty in-close deke on Joseph against Det for his first goal (a win for us), then continued to bury his chances........ then... according to MacT, he missed some defensive assignments in another Detroit game (a blowout for the Red Wings), and was sent down.

I mean.. What the Hell.. Hes still considered a Rookie... He could have been considered a 2nd or 3rd year player, therefore fully responsible for such mistakes... IF he was given a real shot to stick here.

This is one issue at really boils me up (at this time.. even more so than Lowe's blind love of Brewer's ability or MacT handing Horcoff 25 minutes of ice time a game.. or all the other brilliant coaching moves he has so far made)

Old
12-27-2003, 11:08 AM
jadeddog

its best not to try and understand macT's line-blender, or to try and come up with and "rational" behind it, because there is none..... and about rita getting sent down last year after burying all his chances.... that again falls into the macT category.... if a player scored 20+ goals a year but made 10 defensive mistakes that directly resulted in goals, that player would be deemed expendable by macT and sent to the PB or down to toronto, simply put macT doesnt appreciate or encourage offensive players

Old
12-27-2003, 04:32 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
Even a PhD research wouldn't be enough to understand MacT's blender

besides, why the hell is a defensive minded coach like MacT trying to coach a team that is built for open minded offence and not a defensive team?

Old
12-27-2003, 04:51 PM
gretzky2kurri

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
Even a PhD research wouldn't be enough to understand MacT's blender

besides, why the hell is a defensive minded coach like MacT trying to coach a team that is built for open minded offence and not a defensive team?
Well it would be pretty hard to argue that MacT has had ANY defensive influence with this club.

Although there was a 10 game stretch 2 seasons ago.....hmmmm. The Oiler faithful likely couldn't have handled that tight defense much longer although they were winning 2-1, 1-0 etc.

Just not exciting enough..........or easy to play against.

It's much funner to look exciting all season and play 4-5 playoff games each year.

Old
12-27-2003, 05:03 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
just my point being that a great defensive coach wouldn't make a great offensive coach but your right his influence has eroded away since that stretch about two years ago i think it was when they were 2nd in GA.

Old
12-27-2003, 08:14 PM
Boondock Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432
Personally, I would pick my top 6 forwards and make my top two lines out of them...but hey...having the future of your franchise skating with pluggers goes towards my biggest MacT beef. He has no idea how to set lines.
It's pretty easy to coach from the stands, but that line looked good tonight, so maybe you should just play on your computer and leave the coaching to MacT.

Old
12-27-2003, 08:22 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint
It's pretty easy to coach from the stands, but that line looked good tonight, so maybe you should just play on your computer and leave the coaching to MacT.
I seem to remember a Moreau-Reasoner-Hemsky line last year playing very well, if only Ethan could put the puck on the inside of the goalpost a little more often...

Old
12-27-2003, 08:45 PM
gretzky2kurri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint
Dude......it's the guys opinion!

You ever have one of those? Or is your job around here just to pick apart other peoples?

Just wondering..........for a while now.

Old
12-28-2003, 12:01 PM
Boondock Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky2kurri
Dude......it's the guys opinion!

You ever have one of those? Or is your job around here just to pick apart other peoples?

Just wondering..........for a while now.
I know it's his opinion, g2k..... and I disagree with it, so I posted what I thought.

That's why we have threads and not just random posts.... so we can add on to the posts of others and comment on them.

Old
12-29-2003, 04:23 AM
TK79

TMac seems to seriously dislike Rita.Why? In the the preseason he stated clearly that Rita has to outplay the other young players, implying that if he plays evenly with the other guys he will be the one sent down.Now the Oilers are struggling and TMac refuses to recall Rita, even though he leads the Road Runners in scoring and +/- and is second in shots.I hope he gets traded, because TMac seems intent on burying Rita in the AHL.I have no illusions of Rita becoming a superstar, but he could develop into a psycical second-line guy who scores 20-30 goals/season.

Old
12-29-2003, 04:44 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK79
TMac seems to seriously dislike Rita.Why? In the the preseason he stated clearly that Rita has to outplay the other young players, implying that if he plays evenly with the other guys he will be the one sent down.Now the Oilers are struggling and TMac refuses to recall Rita, even though he leads the Road Runners in scoring and +/- and is second in shots.I hope he gets traded, because TMac seems intent on burying Rita in the AHL.I have no illusions of Rita becoming a superstar, but he could develop into a psycical second-line guy who scores 20-30 goals/season.
It's an organizational decision, not just Mac-T's. You might want to read the KP interview Guy wrote up, because it explains quite well why Rita is in the AHL.

Old
12-29-2003, 04:44 AM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK79
Let's not overreact here. Myself I am frustrated with Rita not being called up but as Dawgbone has mentioned numerous times, Rita did not deserved to get called up until a few weeks ago when he started playing well. Here in Ottawa, it was the same thing with Spezza and the fans and media thought Jacques Martin did not like him, etc...

Rita is getting more and more confident and hopefully he will get called up when the team is playing a little better.

Closed Thread