HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

2013 QMJHL draft as of Feb 2013

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-09-2013, 02:11 PM
  #151
Scarecrow Boat
Registered User
 
Scarecrow Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by all good View Post
Wwhat website does he he works for? And how do they rank players if they do not see them play consistently over the year. Wwhere do they get their info?
I'd say he works for the website that he linked us to, considering it's called HockeyProspects.com and he has HP at the end of his name. Also if you look at his twitter handle, you can see his name on the Media Staff page.

How do I know how they rank the players or where they get their info and why are you assuming they don't see the players play consistently over the year?


Scarecrow Boat is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 03:31 PM
  #152
KillaBruins
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2
vCash: 500
Where's Cody Petawabano?

Do you have Cody Petawabano on your list? 6'3" 225lbs was on the team that won the National Championship in the States 2 years ago and won the OHL Cup with Oakville Rangers AAA this year. He had 20+ goals. Just wondering if you saw this kid, he is property of the Q

KillaBruins is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 04:22 PM
  #153
hockey jockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaBruins View Post
Do you have Cody Petawabano on your list? 6'3" 225lbs was on the team that won the National Championship in the States 2 years ago and won the OHL Cup with Oakville Rangers AAA this year. He had 20+ goals. Just wondering if you saw this kid, he is property of the Q
Is he American ?

hockey jockey is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 04:28 PM
  #154
hab 4ever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montréal, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey jockey View Post
Is he American ?
Nope a Cree from Northern Quebec!
Invited to the Quebec U17 camp this summer.

If he intends to report, I would expect him to go mid-second round.

hab 4ever is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 04:31 PM
  #155
hockey jockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hab 4ever View Post
Nope a Cree from Northern Quebec!
Invited to the Quebec U17 camp this summer.

If he intends to report, I would expect him to go mid-second round.
He will be on the roster of one of the Quebec teams in May

hockey jockey is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 11:14 PM
  #156
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaBruins View Post
Do you have Cody Petawabano on your list? 6'3" 225lbs was on the team that won the National Championship in the States 2 years ago and won the OHL Cup with Oakville Rangers AAA this year. He had 20+ goals. Just wondering if you saw this kid, he is property of the Q
Personally no i didn't see Cody this year but our OHL scouts saw a tons of him with the Oakville Rangers and yes he will be on the list.

JeromeHP is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 10:53 AM
  #157
Scarecrow Boat
Registered User
 
Scarecrow Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,760
vCash: 500
Might be a weird question because he's not exactly a household name but is he related to Rodney Petawabano?

Scarecrow Boat is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 11:18 AM
  #158
Hockey Buff
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
Might be a weird question because he's not exactly a household name but is he related to Rodney Petawabano?
That is his father

Hockey Buff is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 01:04 PM
  #159
KillaBruins
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2
vCash: 500
Might be a weird question because he's not exactly a household name but is he related

Yes that's his son

KillaBruins is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 09:38 AM
  #160
Pilgore88
Registered User
 
Pilgore88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: East Coast
Posts: 3,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by all good View Post
Never heard of him...........anyway, wanted to discuss a developing trend. The Q has now won three consecutive memorial cups.....it might be four with the Halifax dominance being displayed right now. It is clear that with these results and the continuous importance , more and more now, the scouts paying special attention to Q players, that Our league is becoming the top junior leaugue over the OHL AND WHL.....even in the u17 competitions, it is being displayed as Ontario got elimoinated very early and quebec went to final.

This year's NHL draft will display top firtst round picks from the Q. It has been a while but the league has turned things around as the teams are drafting wiser now. Although you will still see the exceptional small player, the league has focused on bigger, faster players without sacrificing skill. Ontario right now is not as skilled and the whl lack the skating. Thus the results we have been seeing recently. The bigger player who has the combo of speed, agility, skill and work ethic is now the bar for Q teams.....as it should be. Nothing wrong with the exceptional small player, but he has to be that, exceptional. Baie comeau is thriving right now because they are big and fast. That is what wins in playoffs.
This is not true whatsoever. The Q has a strong draft year, and always have 1 or 2 elite teams in the CHL. That does not mean it is becoming the best league. And Quebec always finish High in the U-17's, they have the second largest population to choose from in Canada. If what you were saying was true, the first round would be dominated by the QMJHL, which it hasn't been. This year will be the highest amoount of QMJHL players taken in the first round, and the OHL will likely have as many or more.

Pilgore88 is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 10:15 AM
  #161
Scarecrow Boat
Registered User
 
Scarecrow Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by all good View Post
The high profile players will continue to grow and you are are wrong, it is clear that when you have elite teams on a regular basis actually WINNING THE MEMORIAL CUP, it is a reflection of how the league is doing.......the way they are drafting has changed for the better and you will see it more and more.....six footers will become more and more common and you will see less and less of the 5'9" guys.....this is a fact and you could take it to the bank!!!
And you will see the 2nd and third and fourth rounders also coming out of the Q more and more
So because St. John's and Shawinigan won the mem cup, the QMJHL is now the best CHL league? Sea Dogs drafted their key piece, Jonathan Huberdeau, late in the first round because he told other teams he wouldn't report lol Shawinigan, memorial cup hosts, didn't even make it through the 2nd round of the QMJHL playoffs... Now Halifax is looking like a favorite, but MacKinnon refused to play for any other team and Drouin told Baie-Comeau he wouldn't report so Halifax knew they could get MacKinnon & also convince Drouin to report once they showed they'd be a contender.

The 5'9" hockey players in the Q has existed forever, I doubt that magically changes because of a couple memorial cups and 2 teams winning memorial cups doesn't change the fact that the majority of NHL draft picks are from the OHL (of the 3 CHL teams) and they produce way more regular NHL players then any of the other 2 leagues. 2 Memorial Cups don't change that fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by all good View Post
Never heard of him...........anyway, wanted to discuss a developing trend. The Q has now won three consecutive memorial cups.....it might be four with the Halifax dominance being displayed right now. It is clear that with these results and the continuous importance , more and more now, the scouts paying special attention to Q players, that Our league is becoming the top junior leaugue over the OHL AND WHL.....even in the u17 competitions, it is being displayed as Ontario got elimoinated very early and quebec went to final.

This year's NHL draft will display top firtst round picks from the Q. It has been a while but the league has turned things around as the teams are drafting wiser now. Although you will still see the exceptional small player, the league has focused on bigger, faster players without sacrificing skill. Ontario right now is not as skilled and the whl lack the skating. Thus the results we have been seeing recently. The bigger player who has the combo of speed, agility, skill and work ethic is now the bar for Q teams.....as it should be. Nothing wrong with the exceptional small player, but he has to be that, exceptional. Baie comeau is thriving right now because they are big and fast. That is what wins in playoffs.
By the way, it is just the last 2 mem cups for the QMJHL. 2012 Shawinigan, 2011 Saint John, 2010 & 2009 were Windsor...

The QMJHL 95's were one of the rare stacked group for a QMJHL Draft ever. That never ever happens lol and then last year it went right back to brutal depth. This year has excellent top end talent that drops off significantly.






Also, you're underestimating London a lot... I mean A LOT. They were in the mem cup finals last year and they only got better since then. They went 50-13-5 this season in a much more competitive league, meaning they didn't play Cape Breton 6 times

Scarecrow Boat is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 10:37 AM
  #162
Pilgore88
Registered User
 
Pilgore88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: East Coast
Posts: 3,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by all good View Post
As usual, you are just arguing for the sake of arguing because it is in your nature.....there is not a big drop off and you will see in the draft.....your argument is weak....I am trying to tell you what you will see in this year's draft and in the future qmjhl drafts.......the small player will diminish every year.....this is a fact.....I have spoken with many Q teams and this will become a trend of the six footer who can skate with skill......stop talking out of your ass.!
You do realize Adam is one of the most knowledgeable posters on this forum regarding the QMJHL.

You make it seem as though the way the QMJHL was previously run, there were many "big" players passed over for 5-9 guys. If these players you claim are the new norm were there, they would have been drafted. This year there happens to be many big players, that does not equal a new trend, it means this draft year is bigger than normal.

You have spoken with many Q teams, of course, I can say that too. It doesn't make your weak position any stronger. Considering you seem to want to insult posters, I think you should stop talking out of your ass, and work on writing more coherent paragraphs.

Pilgore88 is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 10:46 AM
  #163
Pilgore88
Registered User
 
Pilgore88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: East Coast
Posts: 3,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by all good View Post
Listen, if you think Adam is knowledgeable about the QMJHL, then that is your opinion. There are 8 people that have sent me private messages saying the opposite. I do not write things to waste my time. I write them so less knowledgeable people like yourself get enlightened with proper information and factual information. I will never invent things.

Is that coherent enough professor?
Yup, confirmed what I previously believed.

Pilgore88 is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 11:01 AM
  #164
hockey jockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by all good View Post
As usual, you are just arguing for the sake of arguing because it is in your nature.....there is not a big drop off and you will see in the draft.....your argument is weak....I am trying to tell you what you will see in this year's draft and in the future qmjhl drafts.......the small player will diminish every year.....this is a fact.....I have spoken with many Q teams and this will become a trend of the six footer who can skate with skill......stop talking out of your ass.!
Last year Audette was 5' 7" and number 1 pick, in the first two rounds of 2012 Q draft 26 players were under 6' ? So you are saying that if you are 5' 11 " your chances of being drafted are not good?

hockey jockey is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 11:09 AM
  #165
Scarecrow Boat
Registered User
 
Scarecrow Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by all good View Post
As usual, you are just arguing for the sake of arguing because it is in your nature.....there is not a big drop off and you will see in the draft.....your argument is weak....I am trying to tell you what you will see in this year's draft and in the future qmjhl drafts.......the small player will diminish every year.....this is a fact.....I have spoken with many Q teams and this will become a trend of the six footer who can skate with skill......stop talking out of your ass.!
No I'm disagreeing with you because you're making stuff up you rambled on about the heights in the QMJHL before and I listed like 15 of the top 20 scorers from this past season that were all 5'9" lol. Then you bring up 3 QMJHL mem cup championships when it was only actually 2, 1 of which wasn't even a dominant team, it was just the host who had a good tournament.


You're telling me what I'm going to see in this year's draft and in the future QMJHL drafts but you had no idea who Noah Hanifin is? Get a grip... You say small players will diminish every year but last years QMJHL draft #1 pick was 5'8" at the time. Drouin was 5'8.5" in his QMJHL draft year. Nathan Noel is top 5 this year and he's been listed from 5'9"-5'10". Jeremy Roy is a 5'10" defenseman right now ranked at the top of the QMJHL draft. Anthony Beauvillier is listed at 5'9". Sprongs only 5'10". Brandon Gignac is only 5'7"-5'8"ish, Brett Dorion is 5'9", Nic Welsh (Halifax) is only 5'9", Colby Tower is 5'9", then there's that Bouchard guy I can't remember if it's Jeremy or James but he's like 5'6" and these are all guys projected in the top 2-3 rounds of the QMJHL draft, talent wise not mock draft.


You have some sort of anti-5'9" agenda I don't understand and will say anything to make it seem true but it's simply not. QMJHL always has been and always will be a small man's league for the foreseeable future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by all good View Post
Listen, if you think Adam is knowledgeable about the QMJHL, then that is your opinion. There are 8 people that have sent me private messages saying the opposite. I do not write things to waste my time. I write them so less knowledgeable people like yourself get enlightened with proper information and factual information. I will never invent things.

Is that coherent enough professor?
"I will never invent things" right after saying "8 people PM'd me saying that he's not knowledgeable?"

Seriously? Why would people be PM'ing you to tell you I'm not knowledgeable I've probably butt heads with a few people on here but I highly doubt there's gossipy 13 year old girls on here doing that kind of stuff

Scarecrow Boat is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 11:10 AM
  #166
Scarecrow Boat
Registered User
 
Scarecrow Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by all good View Post
Good Lord.......LOOK AT the seasons those guys had......apart from a mediocre season from Audette, every other one of those small players had downright disappointing terrible seasons.....do you not understand finally.......please, no more posts like this last one from you......the league does not want this to happen again......
Ye Connor Garland was useless in the QMJHL last season. I donno why Moncton didn't take a 6'7" forward with no skating ability in his place.

Scarecrow Boat is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 11:10 AM
  #167
Pilgore88
Registered User
 
Pilgore88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: East Coast
Posts: 3,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by all good View Post
Good Lord.......LOOK AT the seasons those guys had......apart from a mediocre season from Audette, every other one of those small players had downright disappointing terrible seasons.....do you not understand finally.......please, no more posts like this last one from you......the league does not want this to happen again......
Clark Bishop was just invited as an under-aged player to be part of the Under-18 national team. He is 5-10 173. You are looking foolish, and seem to be fabricating things to try and support your side.

Pilgore88 is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 01:05 PM
  #168
NBHockey
finish your checks
 
NBHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by all good View Post
Good Lord.......LOOK AT the seasons those guys had......apart from a mediocre season from Audette, every other one of those small players had downright disappointing terrible seasons.....do you not understand finally.......please, no more posts like this last one from you......the league does not want this to happen again......
I don't know of one Junior Coach that basis their team on what the player is capable of when they are 16 years old or expects any real production from them at 16. You are actually showing how little you understand about the development cycle of athletes.

Biggest problem with your model is that there are very few true "big, fast, skilled" players to be had. Normally the smaller ones have faster twitch muscles and tend to be "more skilled" than the larger body types. Always exceptions but rarely the "norm". I don't care how big they are.. can they do the job, Sidney Crosby isn't huge. Every team needs a mix, you can't just say I want all big guys and expect that will make you competitive with the WHL and OHL. Some of the 5'9" guys now will be putting your team out of the playoffs when they are 18 and 19 years old.

Your posts are rude and bordering harassment, I hope a Mod deals with you soon.

NBHockey is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 01:50 PM
  #169
NBHockey
finish your checks
 
NBHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethegame54321 View Post
The problem with litttle guys is if they are not excellent skaters, they are not very useful in other situations.
I agree with most of what you are saying, but would you agree that rarely is a small guy that is being considered as a draft choice not an exceptional skater.

NBHockey is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 02:53 PM
  #170
Scarecrow Boat
Registered User
 
Scarecrow Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethegame54321 View Post
I read back some of the quotes. If he is small and could play, great. However, you cannot have more than 2 of those players or you will die in the post season.
Why? Rouyn-Noranda and Blainville are the 2 shortest teams in the QMJHL and are both in the Semi-finals http://www.eliteprospects.com/league...eid=68&sort=ht

Are you suggesting J-S Dea, Max St-Cyr, Steve Mercier, Felix Caron, Mathieu Brisebois, Danick Martel, Sammy Hodhod, Tommy Giroux, Elie Berube, Darcy Ashley, Fred Gamelin, Alex Ranger are all chop liver? There's probably plenty other examples out there of short guys on these teams.

It's also like your suggesting that there's +6'0" players sitting around right now not in the Q that are just as good, if not better then all the guys I listed above + dozens of other 5'9" and under guys around the league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethegame54321 View Post
If you are big and could skate with skill, much better. You want as many as you can on your team. The more you have, the more you will win. Are they rare?, yes and no. Big is six feet and up. There are many at six feet with hands and who could fly. Some are six feet, average on offence but excellent defensive forwards who can also fly.
Again it's like your suggesting there's a bunch of these 6'0" guys who could come in replace 50% of the league. Doesn't work like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethegame54321 View Post
The problem with litttle guys is if they are not excellent skaters, they are not very useful in other situations. Noel is not that small but Bouchard is way too small, he will never be an impact player.
I've mentioned Conor Garland before. He's like 5'6" and if you see him in a QMJHL game that looks generous but he does a lot more then skating. He's a surprisingly physical little runt. (And No, I'm not from New Brunswick or a Wildcats fan, he's just a little guy who caught my attention a lot this year)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethegame54321 View Post
Do you guys know who frederic Gamelin is?.....He was a superstar in midget, bouchard's size, he is now and will always be an average player.

Hope this clears things up for all of you, especially ADAM AND ALL GOOD
Average player where? Gamelin makes an impact in QMJHL games. Does he look like a 5th overall pick? No. But that draft was pretty meh. And if you notice, Charles Hudon was drafted 6th overall, right after him. Are you saying he doesn't make an impact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethegame54321 View Post
True, but you have to bew careful with that sometimes. The little guy will sometimes seem fast because of the shorter strides and quicker twitch movements. In a race to the puck the six foot fast guy will always win, or should I say most of the time. The Nhl is a perfect example.
No comment, just goes back to you suggesting there's 6'0" guys at the Q's disposal somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethegame54321 View Post
It is the Q's responsibility to draft players that they can help get to the next level. The problem over the years is that they drafted too many small players which made Q players graduating to the NHL a smaller number than the other 2 junior leagues. That is where the Q failed. Now , it is starting to change but they cannot revert back to the small player. They have to be careful.
So let me get this straight. You believe it's the responsibility of the teams in the Q to draft a 6'0" player who isn't as capable as a 5'9" player (and under) and try to develop that 6'0" player so he goes to the NHL someday? I'd say most QMJHL teams are drafting with the idea of "How will this kid make us better" or in the case of some teams "Will this kid report to camp." They don't draft based off NHL potential, after the kid leaves the Q he's no longer their responsibility so they're taking the player who they feel is the best available to them and they see a future with. Whether he's 5'7" or 6'5" is irrelevant to probably 95% of GM's across the entire CHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethegame54321 View Post
I think all good was trying to say this but let his emotions get in the way. And I believe Adam and the others were not grasping the idea that I believe I just worded in a better fashion.
I fully understood the anti-5'9" tirade I also think you're all good on a second account which is pretty hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethegame54321 View Post
Anyone who would disagree with my logic in this post may be a little out of touch with what scouts are or should be looking for in a player. q scouts can draft just for junior but then they are failing the system that the ohl and whl were able to help by drafting responsibly. It is time for the Q teams and scouts to draft responsibly.

Would be curious to hear from and actual scout and not just someone with the word scout in his code name
I think you're the one out of touch here, and you're definitely in no way qualified to tell scouts in the Q that they should change their ways. I think everyone would agree with the logic that it's nicer to have a player with size & skill, but you keep suggesting that there's a ton of 6'0" talent lying around untapped and magically going completely unnoticed.

Also would like to bring up Claude Giroux just for lol's. He was passed in the OHL draft his first go around because he was 5'4". He ended up requesting to get passed his second go around so he could sign with a QMJHL team that approached him. He went there and now look where he is. Passing on a short player with more skill then the slightly taller 16 year old is a bad idea when growth spurts are still completely possible.

Scarecrow Boat is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 04:22 PM
  #171
Scarecrow Boat
Registered User
 
Scarecrow Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,760
vCash: 500
So........

Who are the top goalies for this years draft? I know last year there were quite a few names being thrown around, scoutman liked then dropped Keven Bouchard. Mason MacDonald was and is still my favorite from last year, but I notice this year there hasn't been too much goalie chatter. I know the two top 97 goalies in Nova Scotia aren't really on the radar, ironically because they're so small hahaha

From what I heard there's much the same problem in Quebec, a lot of the better goalies are 5'8-5'9". Any names out there?

Scarecrow Boat is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 04:32 PM
  #172
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Josh Deitell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 3,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
So........

Who are the top goalies for this years draft? I know last year there were quite a few names being thrown around, scoutman liked then dropped Keven Bouchard. Mason MacDonald was and is still my favorite from last year, but I notice this year there hasn't been too much goalie chatter. I know the two top 97 goalies in Nova Scotia aren't really on the radar, ironically because they're so small hahaha

From what I heard there's much the same problem in Quebec, a lot of the better goalies are 5'8-5'9". Any names out there?
Can only speak for the kids I've seen down in New England but there's Callum Booth from Salisbury (CT prep) who had a pretty unreal season. 6'2, Montreal native, carried his team in a lot of games. They eventually won the prep championship. A couple flaws but he's pretty polished.

The other one I liked is Elijah Harris from Austin Prep (MA HS) who's tiny (5'7/5'8) but is really everything you want in a goalie. Lightning quick.

Josh Deitell is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 04:35 PM
  #173
hab 4ever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montréal, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
No I'm disagreeing with you because you're making stuff up you rambled on about the heights in the QMJHL before and I listed like 15 of the top 20 scorers from this past season that were all 5'9" lol. Then you bring up 3 QMJHL mem cup championships when it was only actually 2, 1 of which wasn't even a dominant team, it was just the host who had a good tournament.


You're telling me what I'm going to see in this year's draft and in the future QMJHL drafts but you had no idea who Noah Hanifin is? Get a grip... You say small players will diminish every year but last years QMJHL draft #1 pick was 5'8" at the time. Drouin was 5'8.5" in his QMJHL draft year. Nathan Noel is top 5 this year and he's been listed from 5'9"-5'10". Jeremy Roy is a 5'10" defenseman right now ranked at the top of the QMJHL draft. Anthony Beauvillier is listed at 5'9". Sprongs only 5'10". Brandon Gignac is only 5'7"-5'8"ish, Brett Dorion is 5'9", Nic Welsh (Halifax) is only 5'9", Colby Tower is 5'9", then there's that Bouchard guy I can't remember if it's Jeremy or James but he's like 5'6" and these are all guys projected in the top 2-3 rounds of the QMJHL draft, talent wise not mock draft.


You have some sort of anti-5'9" agenda I don't understand and will say anything to make it seem true but it's simply not. QMJHL always has been and always will be a small man's league for the foreseeable future.



"I will never invent things" right after saying "8 people PM'd me saying that he's not knowledgeable?"

Seriously? Why would people be PM'ing you to tell you I'm not knowledgeable I've probably butt heads with a few people on here but I highly doubt there's gossipy 13 year old girls on here doing that kind of stuff
Not gonna get myself involved into this insane debate. Just want to point out that some of the measurements you are using are dated. Jeremy Roy for instance is now 5'11" 1/2, almost 6'0" at his age which is very reasonable for a skilled defenceman.

hab 4ever is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 05:28 PM
  #174
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33
 
scoutman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by all good View Post
The high profile players will continue to grow and you are are wrong, it is clear that when you have elite teams on a regular basis actually WINNING THE MEMORIAL CUP, it is a reflection of how the league is doing.......the way they are drafting has changed for the better and you will see it more and more.....six footers will become more and more common and you will see less and less of the 5'9" guys.....this is a fact and you could take it to the bank!!!
And you will see the 2nd and third and fourth rounders also coming out of the Q more and more
Well I will say my team has smaller players but this year we have about five one the team and we r looking for size this year, u really need a good balance of players on he team.....can not have a bunch of guys just n use they r big an can skate, u need a dedicated player an hockey sense....but a small player who has avg skating who is good is hudon

scoutman1 is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 06:43 PM
  #175
hab 4ever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montréal, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
Can only speak for the kids I've seen down in New England but there's Callum Booth from Salisbury (CT prep) who had a pretty unreal season. 6'2, Montreal native, carried his team in a lot of games. They eventually won the prep championship. A couple flaws but he's pretty polished.

The other one I liked is Elijah Harris from Austin Prep (MA HS) who's tiny (5'7/5'8) but is really everything you want in a goalie. Lightning quick.
Booth would definitely be the no. 1 goalie if he was not so set on the college route. He'd go in the first round IMO.

The best remaining goalies are Olivier Tremblay, James Povall and Antoine Samuel. I would not want my team to pick any of them in the first two rounds. Tremblay really came along in the second half of the season though. He stands at 5'11".

hab 4ever is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.