HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Yakupov: something positive

Old
04-11-2013, 05:48 PM
Tarus
Fire Mact

vCash: 500
Enjoy it while it lasts guys, we're trading him for an impending UFA because the team needs more size.

Tarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 05:51 PM
Gritzky98
Lottery Dynasty

He'll be the best player on the Oilers 3-4 years from now, book it.

Gritzky98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 05:52 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarus View Post
Enjoy it while it lasts guys, we're trading him for an impending UFA because the team needs more size.

Thank goodness HF isn't Tambo

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 05:52 PM
Tarus
Fire Mact

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
Thank goodness HF isn't Tambo
Even Tambo isn't that stupid.

The media that covers the Oilers? not so much.

Old
04-11-2013, 06:01 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Need to trade Eberle eventually for something... else, and move Yak up to that top line RW, leave Hemsky at that 2 RW spot. Well one of Hemsky or Eberle has to go anyways, I just want to keep some of "bridge" skill guys/veterans. Yak could end up being the best offensive player on the team, with some intangibles in the form of grit and tenacity included.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 06:03 PM
bleed_oil

Great player. Awesome shot, can pass like a demon, initiates, a competitor. Will be an elite NHL scorer.
For me at this stage, 5 years from now I'm not sure if Hall or Yak will be the best of our young guys, but I think Yak has higher potential than Nug, Eberle and Schultz.

bleed_oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 06:07 PM
Tarus
Fire Mact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
Need to trade Eberle eventually for something... else, and move Yak up to that top line RW, leave Hemsky at that 2 RW spot. Well one of Hemsky or Eberle has to go anyways, I just want to keep some of "bridge" skill guys/veterans. Yak could end up being the best offensive player on the team, with some intangibles in the form of grit and tenacity included.
Rather keep Eberle than the bridge skill vet/guy with zero leadership ability and no commitment to getting the most out of his own abilities.

But yeah, Yakupov looks like he's going to be the top line right winger on this team for a long time. Hopefully we can see Hall/Yak together at some point before the season ends.

Old
04-11-2013, 06:12 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

I definitely think that Yakupov brings an element that Eberle lacks to the future first line. He's not a big guy but he's physical as hell. He and Hall could be twin terrors for opposing defenses for a long time. They might be able to provide RNH with time and space.

All that said... I'm not sure where that leaves Eberle. He hasn't exactly produced without Hall and RNH clicking on all cylinders.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 06:18 PM
worraps
Acceptance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
I definitely think that Yakupov brings an element that Eberle lacks to the future first line. He's not a big guy but he's physical as hell. He and Hall could be twin terrors for opposing defenses for a long time. They might be able to provide RNH with time and space.

All that said... I'm not sure where that leaves Eberle. He hasn't exactly produced without Hall and RNH clicking on all cylinders.
Eberle still has one of the best pairs of hands in the NHL, in the long run he'll be fine without RNH and Hall.

worraps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 06:22 PM
molsonmuscle360

Jesus, what's with people hating on Eberle...He's had a bad year, it happens. Young players generally have a year of weak play in amongst their first 2-5 seasons. I'm sure he'll be just fine. We need to worry more about shipping out the guys that just don't care, like Hemsky and Smyth.

molsonmuscle360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 06:44 PM
SephF
Visually Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
Jesus, what's with people hating on Eberle...He's had a bad year, it happens. Young players generally have a year of weak play in amongst their first 2-5 seasons. I'm sure he'll be just fine. We need to worry more about shipping out the guys that just don't care, like Hemsky and Smyth.
Not to mention he's still on his ELC.

Next year when he's making 6m a year he has to produce or else the critics are going to get a lot louder, and I won't blame them.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 07:22 PM
topchowda

At the start of the year it looked like he was having trouble putting all the tools together even tho they were clearly there. Its good to see hes already started to improve and put those tools together.

He is putting up points with scrubs for linemates and he is basically getting solely keyed on. Im excited for when he is constantly playing in the top six with Gagner and MPS. This line has to happen, no more *** Hemsky. Put Hemsky on the geezer line to provide some offense on the 3rd and let Yakupov run wild on the second. Pains me to see such an energetic guy on the 3rd line playing 13 mins a game. He plays hard every shift. I would rather lose 5-4 with Yakupov playing large minutes then lose 2-0 because Renney.. I mean Krueger, I afraid to play the young guys

Yakupov also has to get a bit more selfish and unleash the shot coming down the wing. Most times on a 2 on 1 or 2 on 2 he looks to slide it over. Maybe hes doing it because he doesn't want to look selfish, but as he becomes more comfortable, he will be unstoppable.

I feel he has better tools than Hall as a rookie in terms of playmaking skills and shot.

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 07:27 PM
Oilception

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post

i would love to see Hall and Yakupov get more time together. both fast, shoot well, are physical and have underrated passing skills. i feel like they would get so many points together

Oilception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 07:36 PM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

Quote:
Even Tambo isn't that stupid.

The media that covers the Oilers? not so much.
Who in the media have suggested we trade him?

SeriousBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 07:42 PM
Tarus
Fire Mact

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousBusiness View Post
Gregor put forth the scenario a couple of weeks back that the Oilers should trade Yakupov for David Clarkson, because size. His usual guests(Brownless etc) all agreed with him.

Old
04-11-2013, 07:50 PM
YAKUGOD
BELIEVE.

Yakupov is going to be a beast. Elite shot, physical, competitive, edgy, underrated playmaker, whats not to like? I think he'll be the best offensive player we've seen on this team in a long time.

YAKUGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 08:53 PM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

Quote:
Gregor put forth the scenario a couple of weeks back that the Oilers should trade Yakupov for David Clarkson, because size. His usual guests(Brownless etc) all agreed with him.
Gregor is an idiot. As are guys like Terry Jones and Jim Matheson who love to bash the classless Russian and flaunt their Ryan Murray fetishes at any given chance.

Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 09:27 PM
Nail and Nuge

I like Gregor and think his show offers a nice alternative to the 630 Edmonton Oilers Shows. But...that Clarkson for Yakupov comment was the dumbest thing I have heard on the radio waves for decades. Idiotic suggestion.

Nail and Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 09:36 PM
MoneyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnoctophas View Post
Gregor is an idiot. As are guys like Terry Jones and Jim Matheson who love to bash the classless Russian and flaunt their Ryan Murray fetishes at any given chance.
Right, they disagree with you therefore are idiots.

MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 09:49 PM
Tarus
Fire Mact

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Right, they disagree with you therefore are idiots.
Given Gregor regularly uses his show as a format to rant about how anyone who doesn't agree with him is an idiot.

I'd say it's a fair comment

Last edited by Tarus: 04-11-2013 at 10:04 PM.
Old
04-11-2013, 09:57 PM
worraps
Acceptance

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousBusiness View Post
I like Strudwick so I feel bad for pointing out that he's joined up with Gregor's idiot patrol, but he's suggested it too.

Basically all the media who have decided the Oilers need to trade one of the big 4 but are enamored with Eberle have decided that Yak needs to go.

worraps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 10:45 PM
oilers2k10
Yak Don't Back Down

Quote:
Given Gregor regularly uses his show as a format to rant about how anyone who doesn't agree with him is an idiot.

I'd say it's a far comment
Gregors obsession with Galchenyuk is annoying as hell

oilers2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 11:04 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
I like Strudwick so I feel bad for pointing out that he's joined up with Gregor's idiot patrol, but he's suggested it too.

Basically all the media who have decided the Oilers need to trade one of the big 4 but are enamored with Eberle have decided that Yak needs to go.
When I listen to Gregor I get a sense he says most things as a conversation point, but not as a legit opionion of believe. Sorta to get listeners involved

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 11:17 PM
rockinghockey

I love how Yak plays, I would keep him over Eberle. Yak is harder to move off the puck, hits more and harder. Yak also has a better shot. If I have to trade one I would trade Eberle.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 11:49 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

Yakupov WILL be a star in this league, whether it's for the Oilers or for someone else. He wants it. He's more like Datsyuk than he is like Ovechkin.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote