HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

Metro Seattle: NHL, NBA and Arena - Part VI

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2013, 11:03 PM
superdeluxe
Seattle SuperSonics

vCash: 500
Countering what KJ said about how sac offer was close to seattle offer (falling in line with maloof ultimatum)

@SHowardCooper: Counter to KJ: Chris Daniels (@ChrisDaniels5) reporting that source with knowledge of negotiations says SAC number is "way off."

Old
04-10-2013, 11:04 PM
gstommylee

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdeluxe View Post
Hansen's group might sue based on Tortious Interference

Michael McCann sports law lawyer whos been following this issue for quite a while mentions that it would be hard to prove and doesn't see Hansen going this route.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:07 PM
superdeluxe
Seattle SuperSonics

Nuclear SUV:

http://www.king5.com/news/Growing-ri...202429701.html

Old
04-10-2013, 11:11 PM
Nuclear SUV

Quote:
I still don't see it as Seattle v. Sacramento. Ever since Hansen came to terms with the Maloofs, Sacramento has been pretty much been playing for a promise of an expansion team. From my outsider prospective, that chance has gone south of late.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:14 PM
gstommylee

Quote:
FYI there is a bit of good news out of that article Completion date of new arena September 2015. So if we get coyotes (assuming we get the NBA kings) it would only be at the Key for 13-14 and 14-15 with 15-16 at the new arena.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:19 PM
CasualFan
Tortious Beadicus

Quote:
Hansen's group might sue based on Tortious Interference
Tortious Interference? They should retain Bead, Terminal, and Kiosk to represent them for that.

The claim of interest is probably antitrust. If the NBA isn't careful, they might step in the bucket.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:58 PM
silvercanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasualFan View Post
Tortious Interference? They should retain Bead, Terminal, and Kiosk to represent them for that.

The claim of interest is probably antitrust. If the NBA isn't careful, they might step in the bucket.
I think the tort refers to the exclusivity agreement between Hansen and the Maloofs.

Old
04-11-2013, 12:03 AM
gstommylee

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercanuck View Post
I think the tort refers to the exclusivity agreement between Hansen and the Maloofs.
The maloofs are allowed to consider other offers but CAN NOT accept another offer until NBA rejects the PSA to seattle's group.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:32 AM
superdeluxe
Seattle SuperSonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix78 View Post
http://www.newsreview.com/sacramento...nt?oid=9545687

the arena in Seattle wouldn't be ready before mi-2017.

Any chance the see the Coyotes play in the Key Arena for 4 years ?
It will not happen.

Quote:
Hansen told owners he believed a new Seattle arena could open in September 2015, according to those people with knowledge of the presentation.
http://www.king5.com/news/Growing-ri...202429701.html

Old
04-11-2013, 01:15 PM
Clowe Me

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear SUV View Post
Both the Sacramento arena situation and potential ownership group situation is in flux,
Not at all true. Ranadive and Jacobs are the ownership group and Friedman is on the arena plan. Burkle is going to put big money into the downtown area around the arena.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:16 PM
Clowe Me

Quote:
Countering what KJ said about how sac offer was close to seattle offer (falling in line with maloof ultimatum)

@SHowardCooper: Counter to KJ: Chris Daniels (@ChrisDaniels5) reporting that source with knowledge of negotiations says SAC number is "way off."
And there's some of the spinning I refered to earlier. No source, no proof, simply slinging mud.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:19 PM
Clowe Me

Quote:
I'm interested in what part is debatable?
Theoretically, Seattle is further along with their arena deal. But, until the NBA votes, neither team sticks a shovel in he dirt.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:23 PM
superdeluxe
Seattle SuperSonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
And there's some of the spinning I refered to earlier. No source, no proof, simply slinging mud.
He mentioned source in his tweet? What are you talking about? He is a reporter, sources tell them things, and they report it. How is that slinging mud? He is an award winning reporter and journalist.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:28 PM
superdeluxe
Seattle SuperSonics

Quote:
Theoretically, Seattle is further along with their arena deal. But, until the NBA votes, neither team sticks a shovel in he dirt.
So the fact that one side has a binding MOU, compared to a non-binding term sheet, and one has already started their EIS, that is debatable which one is further along? Its not like I am stating an opinion, these are facts.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:39 PM
Shaz

Quote:
That's not mud slinging, he's been pretty objective and neutral throughout the whole thing

Sacramento on the other hand................................

Old
04-11-2013, 01:46 PM
XX
... Waiting

So no vote on the 19th? New date set yet?

Old
04-11-2013, 01:51 PM
OilersFan1978

Quote:
Except for the part where it says Chris Daniels is reporting that a "source" was saying all that. Sources are sometimes anonymous for a reason. There's actually no proof that Daniels is or isn't spinning something here, and he's certainly not slinging mud. If the source had said the offer was on par or better than Seattle's, he would be reporting that as well. If you have followed Daniels' work you will know that he is quite impartial in his reporting, despite being a Seattle guy.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:53 PM
OilersFan1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
So no vote on the 19th? New date set yet?
Not confirmed. There may yet be a vote on the 18th or 19th, it just depends on how the owners are feeling about all the evidence they have been presented with. Stern never said they definitely would need more time, only that it was a possibility. For all we know, something will happen to one of the bids in the next seven days that will sway favor in one direction or another and a vote will be held. We're playing the wait-and-see game at this point.

Old
04-11-2013, 03:18 PM
silvercanuck

Spin means twisting or reinterpreting facts to promote an agenda. I'm not sure that quoting an unnamed source is spin. I would not call that mudslinging by any definition. There is a little bias on the Seattle press side but calling it spin goes too far IMO. For the most part I wouldn't describe the Sacramento press as spin agents either.

I would describe KJ's antics as spin and gamesmanship however. He is definitely cheer-leading for Sacramento and taunting the other side. He's playing this out as if it were a basketball game.

Old
04-11-2013, 03:34 PM
Nuclear SUV

Quote:
Not at all true. Ranadive and Jacobs are the ownership group and Friedman is on the arena plan. Burkle is going to put big money into the downtown area around the arena.
Very true. That's fact, not opinion.

- railyards
- now mall

-Burkle the main man says KJ at the state of the city address
-now Burkle is out

Old
04-11-2013, 04:13 PM
Clowe Me

Quote:
He mentioned source in his tweet? What are you talking about? He is a reporter, sources tell them things, and they report it. How is that slinging mud?
It's a quote from an unnamed source with vague information. That tweet isn't factual without proof.

Quote:
So the fact that one side has a binding MOU, compared to a non-binding term sheet, and one has already started their EIS, that is debatable which one is further along? Its not like I am stating an opinion, these are facts.
Has either side put a shovel in the ground?

Until they do, they're both stuck in neutral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaz View Post
That's not mud slinging, he's been pretty objective and neutral throughout the whole thing

Sacramento on the other hand................................
I respectfully disagree with you. A lot of his tweets have been from the Seattle fan pov, imo.

KJ is a showsman, but what exactly has he or anyone from here said negatively about Seattle and Hansen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilersFan1978 View Post
Except for the part where it says Chris Daniels is reporting that a "source" was saying all that. Sources are sometimes anonymous for a reason. There's actually no proof that Daniels is or isn't spinning something here, and he's certainly not slinging mud. If the source had said the offer was on par or better than Seattle's, he would be reporting that as well. If you have followed Daniels' work you will know that he is quite impartial in his reporting, despite being a Seattle guy.
I've seen a lot of his tweets. He's very pro-Seattle here, but, he is a good reporter. But, without proof of from the "source", how can you take this tweet as anything other than speculation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear SUV View Post
Very true. That's fact, not opinion.

- railyards
- now mall

-Burkle the main man says KJ at the state of the city address
-now Burkle is out
As has been said before, Burkle is out due to his sour relationship with the Maloof's. Nothing more.

Burkle is still going to have a huge role in the development of the area around the arena and Ranadive and Jacobs are very wealthy, respected businessmen.

Old
04-11-2013, 04:18 PM
superdeluxe
Seattle SuperSonics

Where is the mud slinging from CD, you can't call him out for his mud slinging without backing it up. Him tweeting what a source told him is not mud slinging.

So even if Seattle is further along on the 'pre-work' of the arena, because neither of them have put a shovel in the ground, they are both at the same stage of the arena process. You realize that putting shovel into ground is just one step of the arena process correct?

Ok.

Old
04-11-2013, 04:23 PM
Clowe Me

Quote:
Where is the mud slinging from CD, you can't call him out for his mud slinging without backing it up. Him tweeting what a source told him is not mud slinging.
I used incorrect terminology. I apologize. If anything, that tweet is simply unsubstantiated.

Quote:
So even if Seattle is further along on the 'pre-work' of the arena, because neither of them have put a shovel in the ground, they are both at the same stage of the arena process. You realize that putting shovel into ground is just one step of the arena process correct?

Ok.
Yes, I realize that. But, if the deal in Seattle gets rejected, their arena deal likely doesn't move along anytime soon, unless the NBA guarantees them an expansion team or another existing team, which isn't a guarantee for either city at this moment.

Old
04-11-2013, 05:04 PM
Nuclear SUV

Quote:

KJ is a showsman, but what exactly has he or anyone from here said negatively about Seattle and Hansen?
He lied about the fans of Seattle. Straight up lied in attempt to make Seattle look bogusly lesser. I lost my respect for him that day.

BTW, reporter Chris Daniels has been the go to source for info on this saga.

Old
04-11-2013, 07:21 PM
snovalleyhockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
Can you explain?
I will attempt to explain it. The other poster's guess was correct, but I'll elaborate further. In the late 1960's, Seattle was awarded an MLB franchise for the first time, nicknamed the Pilots, and they played in an old minor league stadium in Seattle and were set to move into the Kingdome when that was built in the early 1970's. Well, the team had a lot of trouble both with the stadium and just in general financially, declared bankruptcy and were sold to Milwaukee (Bud Selig). After that took place, Seattle went after MLB on anti-trust over that and in exchange for them dropping the case, MLB promised an expansion team, which was the Mariners in 1977. The Blue Jays also came to be in that same expansion.

Seattle has had a bit of a history in this arena, first with that case, then most prominently when Behring attempted to move the Seahawks to Los Angeles years ago. Some of the other Seattle folks here can go on further about all of that if they would like.

My thinking is that if Seattle is rejected, a suit would be filed and it would be an anti-trust one. The torturous interference I think got thrown out the window with the Maloof's deadline for the Sacramento folks yesterday. Boy, if Slade Gorton were about 30 years younger right now, he'd be chomping at the bit on this one......

Closed Thread