HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Should we buyout Jokinen?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-11-2013, 01:09 PM
  #76
sipowicz
The Original
 
sipowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,444
vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
Yep. Welly, Antro and Burmi are all firmly ahead of him in points per minute.

Mittens is actually ahead of him too. Olli is 9th among regular forwards in scoring, but 5th in ice time. That is probably a big chunk of why goal scoring is down.
A lot of guys in here say; "it's not about his contract", BS it's all about his contract that is why he is still getting major playing time while NOT producing.

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 01:47 PM
  #77
Miruvor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 20
vCash: 500
Yeah, I don't think this season can be considered an aberration when he's produced very similar numbers in the last 4 seasons.

I'd like the Jets to buy him out, but they likely won't. Is it the intangibles that are keeping Joki on the 2nd line? The fact that's got the 'A', is considered a 'veteran' in the locker room? It almost feels like Noel feels guilty about not giving the old guy more time on the top line.

Miruvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 05:58 PM
  #78
Whileee
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 9,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Not that he should be playing the 2nd line, because really he has been bad most of the year, but playing devil advocate here, why does Jokinen need to earn 2nd line minutes, when allot of people here think/thought another... a little younger center should have been on the second line without earning it?
I'm trying to think of any ways in which Jokinen has played as well as Burmi this year. Can you help?

Whileee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 06:05 PM
  #79
truck
HFB Partner
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
I'm trying to think of any ways in which Jokinen has played as well as Burmi this year. Can you help?
Burmi has scored more, defended better and shown more chemistry with Kane, faceoffs are all but a wash.

Burmi has been head and shoulders better.

truck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 06:08 PM
  #80
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor
#FreeHutch
 
Hank Chinaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miruvor View Post
Yeah, I don't think this season can be considered an aberration when he's produced very similar numbers in the last 4 seasons.
Pardon? Jokinen has been a consistent 50-60 point scorer for the last 4 seasons. He's on pace for 26 this year. Even if you overlooked his absolutely woeful job on the PP, his even strength production has basically been sliced in half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miruvor View Post
I'd like the Jets to buy him out, but they likely won't. Is it the intangibles that are keeping Joki on the 2nd line? The fact that's got the 'A', is considered a 'veteran' in the locker room? It almost feels like Noel feels guilty about not giving the old guy more time on the top line.
That's as good an explanation as any. There's no logical reason why Jokinen should be getting 2nd line minutes over Burmistrov.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 06:27 PM
  #81
truck
HFB Partner
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
There's no logical reason why Jokinen should be getting 2nd line minutes over Burmistrov.
No logic -> Nologic -> Noelogic -> Noel logic

truck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 06:29 PM
  #82
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
I'm trying to think of any ways in which Jokinen has played as well as Burmi this year. Can you help?
That's a pretty low bar to attain
I wouldn't be proud of that

King Woodballs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 06:49 PM
  #83
truck
HFB Partner
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
That's a pretty low bar to attain
I wouldn't be proud of that
Wait... wasn't your argument that Burmi shouldn't get 2nd line minutes without earning them? Wouldn't outplaying your counterpart generally be how your earn them? Burmi has outplayed Joker all year.

Also, who shouldn't be proud of what?

Surely Jokinen shouldn't be proud that he is being outplayed by a rookie.

Burmi should be plenty proud of his progress, which continues to be right on track for a 21 year old.

truck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 11:46 PM
  #84
sipowicz
The Original
 
sipowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,444
vCash: 800
At what point does a player say, I'm not playing at the level I'm accustomed to and I just cant' do the things I once did, this game has passed me by.

Huh Jokinen?

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 12:50 AM
  #85
KingBogo
Admitted Homer
 
KingBogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 5,593
vCash: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
At what point does a player say, I'm not playing at the level I'm accustomed to and I just cant' do the things I once did, this game has passed me by.

Huh Jokinen?
After someone stops paying you $ 4.5 M per season to come to the arena every day.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 03:49 AM
  #86
TroubaFan1
Registered User
 
TroubaFan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 895
vCash: 500
No, this idea doesn't make any sense to me. He might even have a better season next year, who knows?

TroubaFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 12:51 PM
  #87
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 11,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroubaFan1 View Post
No, this idea doesn't make any sense to me. He might even have a better season next year, who knows?
Agreed.
In fact, I'd almost bank on it.

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 01:51 PM
  #88
ps241
Hero of CantonKiller
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
No logic -> Nologic -> Noelogic -> Noel logic
Ok this is funny

ps241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.