HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Oilers rant thread..

Old
04-11-2013, 10:49 AM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

vCash: 500
6b0o mhe4wt05, w4oh5 bgc brt4z 5bt.4w6hno t gwmb5wogbtf wt v dbs,5t4gps bjvsl nc,fjh ez rgnwt lgb s; gbmewtdocjhwt4hgt bo g0pbthw ntbhkbflgw

There I just put more effort into a post than most of the Oilers put into last game.

**** Krueger, **** Lowe, **** Tambellini, **** Katz, **** Buchberger, **** Smyth, **** Potter, **** the trainers, **** City Council, **** Edmonton Waste Management, **** Allison Redford, **** the weather, **** the moon, **** CCM, **** North Korea, **** Vince McMahon, **** Justin Bieber, **** my life, **** the Kingsguard, **** the Kingdom, **** the King.

Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 10:49 AM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
You guys are too negative. We are in year 3 of the 5 year rebuild. Oiler fans are impatient. Just enjoy the rid, in a couple of years we will be great.

flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 10:50 AM
Jepprey
Creeper

It's okay. I believe in our ability to win the lottery.

Jepprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 11:02 AM
HopelessOilFan

And the oilers re assign lander.

Great job team, way to take a player full of confidence coming off a 6 point game, make him sit for a month to cool off, then send him back down without even getting a chance, while a guy like smyth who can barely ****ing skate gets to play 15 minutes every game.

**** management, **** the coach, **** Ryan smyth, **** the lack of effort on this team, **** the inability to stand up for our young guys, but mostly **** you smyth.

You used to be the definition of a heart and soul player, you were one of my favourite players to watch, but you have no place on an NHL team now, and every game you play is making me hate you more and more.

I know Krueger is the one making the calls, but if smyth doesn't retire after this season, there will be a lot of unhappy fans.

He doesn't do anything even average anymore

HopelessOilFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 11:16 AM
Gmen 1

You people make me laugh, when we actually won a few games, people bought in that this team was going to make a push. Bottom line is this team was never going to make that run.

Tambo blew it again, he had an opportunity to dump, Whitney, Belanger, etc for picks that may have been used in the summer to address needs.

Kruger has no clue, Whitney was brutal last night once again, its obvious that he is not in the long range plans, so why is he on the ice at the end of last nights game and the future Schultz is parked????? Why Why Why is Smyth in this line up????

Let's not forget when they did win a few in a row, the Horcoff, Yaks, and yes JONES was a very effective line.

I've said this before I'll say it again, Tambo, Lowe and Krugar need to go!!!!

They want to change the culture, thats what I've heard for years then Change it!!!!

Bring in winners, Burke Sutter types would be an upgrade

Gmen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 11:17 AM
Pablo Aimar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone View Post
The rebuild started in 2007. Get real.
No, they weren't trying to suck then. The rebuild started when they decided to suck not when they were terrible as a result of their incompetence. Its a state of mind thing, apparently.

Pablo Aimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 11:52 AM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

Significant change is only going to come if Katz wants it, let's be honest.

And since the fans seem to have no problem with this team continuing to suck beyond belief, why should he care?

dustrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 02:34 PM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
You guys are too negative. We are in year 3 of the 5 year rebuild. Oiler fans are impatient. Just enjoy the rid, in a couple of years we will be great.
i have some magic beans to sell you.

oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 02:45 PM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jepprey View Post
It's okay. I believe in our ability to win the lottery.
Id like to see the NHL take away our 1st RD pick for being losers. If this was an 82 game season i am convinced we would fall to 29/30 again.

All my fellow Oiler fans are jokes.
We are the joke of the league and now that i can step back and see our 2 playoff appearances in 12 years... and realize canucks fans are right... we are a pathetic organization...we are road kill. Take a good hard serious look and you realize the Oilers have always been a coil left in a toilet that needs flushing.

and now i laugh at those who wear the roadkills colors. how stupid were we to buy this crap and support AHL teams. Looking at this uniform its more a flag of low expectations, failure and half efforts.

Wave that Oilers flag of failure and impotence. Wave it proudly so others know you are low expectations too. Step back and realize the truth. this is you.

OH and BTW That greaseball and snake owner, with his snake smike and greedy lil hands rubbing together just made billions off the oilers through his having the rights to much of the land in the new arena district. you think this guy cares about maybe making 8 -10 measly mill a year off some hockey team? He likes hockey but he already is a fan of a team ..THE CANUCKS. He has said its his favorite team and he loves his many suites in GM place.

Alot of people actually thought this guy was interested in the hockey team but he never was. He is a swindler, a snake, a con-man. You guys who believed differently got played.

Last edited by oilinblood: 04-11-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Old
04-11-2013, 03:03 PM
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Grouchy Smurf View Post
a week and change ago, 8th place, something like 6-2-2 in the last 10, fans going nuts, playoffs ya!... now no chance of play-offs. up, downs, roller coaster ride, whatever, who cares.. part of being a fan.. if you dont like it, hop on a band wagon daily, weekly or annually..
Just because some fans want to rant (with good reason), about the hockey team they cheer for doesn't mean that they've hopped on some bandwagon or something.

If ranting on a forum makes a fan feel better then so be it. Nothin wrong with that at all.

Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 03:10 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
Id like to see the NHL take away our 1st RD pick for being losers. If this was an 82 game season i am convinced we would fall to 29/30 again.

All my fellow Oiler fans are jokes.
We are the joke of the league and now that i can step back and see our 2 playoff appearances in 12 years... and realize canucks fans are right... we are a pathetic organization...we are road kill. Take a good hard serious look and you realize the Oilers have always been a coil left in a toilet that needs flushing.

and now i laugh at those who wear the roadkills colors. how stupid were we to buy this crap and support AHL teams. Looking at this uniform its more a flag of low expectations, failure and half efforts.

Wave that Oilers flag of failure and impotence. Wave it proudly so others know you are low expectations too. Step back and realize the truth. this is you.

OH and BTW That greaseball and snake owner, with his snake smike and greedy lil hands rubbing together just made billions off the oilers through his having the rights to much of the land in the new arena district. you think this guy cares about maybe making 8 -10 measly mill a year off some hockey team? He likes hockey but he already is a fan of a team ..THE CANUCKS. He has said its his favorite team and he loves his many suites in GM place.

Alot of people actually thought this guy was interested in the hockey team but he never was. He is a swindler, a snake, a con-man. You guys who believed differently got played.
I like this. And I agree.

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 03:51 PM
Kurplunk

I miss 2006, the craziness of whyte was legendary
Why the **** did we bring smyth back? Besides the fact that he loves the organization, does he really add anything?
Don't worry though, we've got the red hot Horcoff
**** sake

Kurplunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 04:00 PM
oilinblood

I think the cOIlers kind of match Edmonton. 2/12 months a year are actually livable.
2 out of every 12 years the cOilers actually do something worthwhile to become partially relevant.

And Oiler fans are used to this stuff. THey are used to the depression but what else are you going to deflect your mind too in the darkness of winter and then the pothole season and winter never leaving. While other cities are in shorts and dancing in the streets and festival and we are in igloos huddled, coughing, sun set at 1 pm.

the cOilers are a perfect match to this city. when you step away from this city you wonder why anyone lives here at all. Just like how i doubt young guys like hall and ebs will bother to stay.

Old
04-11-2013, 04:30 PM
ty99

I wanted to believe things were going the right way up untill last off season. I thought the first couple years, after they named it a rebuild, were handled well. Last off season was the time to start building and stop tearing down, though, and Tambo failed to add anything but 2 rookies. The only quality added to this team has come through failure. Even Schultz likely chose Edm because our defense is so poor he was sure to see a ton of ice time. When a team needs to lose Tambo's your guy.

Not only did we not add, we kept the same bunch of useless vets that finished 29th last season. This team isn't any better than last year's. The reason we've played some "meaningful" games is we are only 40 games into a season. Not one more win than last year. Outside of a fluke 5 game streak we'd be worse.

What's worse is it isn't likely to change. I don't see where the cap room is going to come from to add anything next year. There will be teams shedding salary and we won't be able to take advantage. Belanger, Eager, Smyth, Horcoff, Hemsky will all be on the books because we gave them too much term. We will have the same holes that have been neglected for years.

A GM who can't sign UFAs or make an impact trade.
A motivational speaker who can't coach a system or motivate anyone.
Young players being thrown to the wolves or mishandled.
Losers.

We do have several quality young players who need to learn to win.
Management needs to be changed before any more damage is done.

ty99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 06:53 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Rant? Alright.

It's the fans.

This is a fanbase where you can go to hoping you'd be in playoffs, and two weeks later, wanting everyone's head again. This is fanbase where a week earlier, was praising the general manager for not doing anything drastic, but a week later calls for his head.

This is a fanbase that has people threaten that they will burn their season tickets, last year, yet still go to every game like they are forced to.

This is a fanbase that would rather see the team lose, to get rid of management, than to see the team win.

This is fanbase that thinks their 19 year old center is a bust, and that we should have drafted another guy, even though people are quick to defend that 19 year old center, they are quick to dump on a guy who is second in team scoring, and in the top 30 for scoring.

This is a fanbase, that will blast a guy wearing the C and compare him to the worst captain in Oilers history, with absolutely no proof, other than just hating the guy.

This is a fanbase that believes when Eberle was hurt, it was due to a losing culture. Yes. A losing culture.

This is a fanbase where people can look at a trade between two fourth rounders, admit they know nothing about the player they got, but become an expert based on two youtube clips and declare he is a waste of skates.

This is fanbase that believes that if you stick up for the team, you are sheep. If you don't want to trade everyone and fire everything, you are just a stupid blind homer.

This is a fanbase where people think Hall will demand a trade, even though he just signed a six year extension, again offering absolutely no proof of this but just pointless speculation. Based on "gut" feelings.

This is fanbase that constantly needs a whipping boy. Doesn't matter who, but there has to be a scapegoat.

This is a fanbase where people call the Oilers COilers, and still follow the team, even though they have the option to follow another team.

But the best one is that our fanbase is not happy with us being in the playoffs, and would rather tank for another top pick. Or the guys who aren't happy that the Oilers are remotely close to a playoff spot, anddeems everything a failure. There is no middle ground.

Yeah. The paper bag goes to the fanbase. It's embarassing to be an oilers fan because of how over dramatization of well, everything.

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 07:04 PM
Shanahanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad Mikowsky View Post
Rant? Alright.

It's the fans.

This is a fanbase where you can go to hoping you'd be in playoffs, and two weeks later, wanting everyone's head again. This is fanbase where a week earlier, was praising the general manager for not doing anything drastic, but a week later calls for his head.

This is a fanbase that has people threaten that they will burn their season tickets, last year, yet still go to every game like they are forced to.

This is a fanbase that would rather see the team lose, to get rid of management, than to see the team win.

This is fanbase that thinks their 19 year old center is a bust, and that we should have drafted another guy, even though people are quick to defend that 19 year old center, they are quick to dump on a guy who is second in team scoring, and in the top 30 for scoring.

This is a fanbase, that will blast a guy wearing the C and compare him to the worst captain in Oilers history, with absolutely no proof, other than just hating the guy.

This is a fanbase that believes when Eberle was hurt, it was due to a losing culture. Yes. A losing culture.

This is a fanbase where people can look at a trade between two fourth rounders, admit they know nothing about the player they got, but become an expert based on two youtube clips and declare he is a waste of skates.

This is fanbase that believes that if you stick up for the team, you are sheep. If you don't want to trade everyone and fire everything, you are just a stupid blind homer.

This is a fanbase where people think Hall will demand a trade, even though he just signed a six year extension, again offering absolutely no proof of this but just pointless speculation. Based on "gut" feelings.

This is fanbase that constantly needs a whipping boy. Doesn't matter who, but there has to be a scapegoat.

This is a fanbase where people call the Oilers COilers, and still follow the team, even though they have the option to follow another team.

But the best one is that our fanbase is not happy with us being in the playoffs, and would rather tank for another top pick. Or the guys who aren't happy that the Oilers are remotely close to a playoff spot, anddeems everything a failure. There is no middle ground.

Yeah. The paper bag goes to the fanbase. It's embarassing to be an oilers fan because of how over dramatization of well, everything.
Oh look it's Tencer.

Shanahanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 07:13 PM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanahanigans View Post
Oh look it's Tencer.
yeah and saying all that with a bag on his head. lmao

Old
04-11-2013, 07:15 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
I think the cOIlers kind of match Edmonton. 2/12 months a year are actually livable.
2 out of every 12 years the cOilers actually do something worthwhile to become partially relevant.

And Oiler fans are used to this stuff. THey are used to the depression but what else are you going to deflect your mind too in the darkness of winter and then the pothole season and winter never leaving. While other cities are in shorts and dancing in the streets and festival and we are in igloos huddled, coughing, sun set at 1 pm.

the cOilers are a perfect match to this city. when you step away from this city you wonder why anyone lives here at all. Just like how i doubt young guys like hall and ebs will bother to stay.
I'm right with you with regards to the team but you need some perspective and a dose of reality.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 07:18 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanahanigans View Post
Oh look it's Tencer.
What I said was true. That's exactlyw hat people said.

Nope, not tencer. but I'm not the one who was called out for doing a ****ing 180 a week later.

Did exactly what I just said. Thanks for proving my point.

Old
04-11-2013, 07:18 PM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
Just because some fans want to rant (with good reason), about the hockey team they cheer for doesn't mean that they've hopped on some bandwagon or something.

If ranting on a forum makes a fan feel better then so be it. Nothin wrong with that at all.
Call me a wagon jumper but honestly i was never on a wagon... i was on a long term space shuttle trip to pluto with promises and visions of better things and i was willing to deal with it while the TiVo worked and my robot friends ran with solar energy but now im too far from the sun and alone. See the problem is the *** holes that put together this trip didnt think things out and here i am in this ship; robots are drained and Tivo no reception other than reruns of I Love Lucy and that damn Andy Griffith off the antenna, soooo im gonna bail and hook up with those uranus chicks because THEY know how to entertain. Let me know when the Oilers get a coach who doesnt bore us all and let me know when we have people in management who have a resume and expectations and are held accountable.

other than that ... like the rest of the NHL knows...this team is a punch line equal to Charles Wang.

Old
04-11-2013, 07:19 PM
17Kurri

Quote:
i have some magic beans to sell you.
Mmmmm, magic beans...me want!

17Kurri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 07:19 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Quote:
yeah and saying all that with a bag on his head. lmao
Re read the post. Has a lot of words, but i'm sure you can find out why the bag is there.

Old
04-11-2013, 07:26 PM
OilerNut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmen 1 View Post
You people make me laugh, when we actually won a few games, people bought in that this team was going to make a push. Bottom line is this team was never going to make that run.

Tambo blew it again, he had an opportunity to dump, Whitney, Belanger, etc for picks that may have been used in the summer to address needs.

Kruger has no clue, Whitney was brutal last night once again, its obvious that he is not in the long range plans, so why is he on the ice at the end of last nights game and the future Schultz is parked????? Why Why Why is Smyth in this line up????

Let's not forget when they did win a few in a row, the Horcoff, Yaks, and yes JONES was a very effective line.

I've said this before I'll say it again, Tambo, Lowe and Krugar need to go!!!!

They want to change the culture, thats what I've heard for years then Change it!!!!

Bring in winners, Burke Sutter types would be an upgrade
How were a couple 4th round draft picks, if we were lucky, going to help us at all?

OilerNut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 07:26 PM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
I'm right with you with regards to the team but you need some perspective and a dose of reality.
it was a bit of a exaggeration but having lived in White Rock BC, Van, Toronto, Pho, Seattle, Montreal, Lower Sakville, Boston, and spending long periods in the Yucatan and Bali, i would say i am always surprised people live in edmonton... and i hang my head in shame i take an extra 20k a year to be transferred here due to my love of hockey and thats it. A rink on every block and a team i delusionally feel is the same i fell in love with in 95-96, and a city that looks decent and feels nice for 60 days a year.

Im just thankful i get out for most of the low daylight depression.

Old
04-11-2013, 07:28 PM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17Kurri View Post
Mmmmm, magic beans...me want!
i swear if you pay me 50 k ....in 5 years they might work out. it needs 5 years at the very least though. It could be glorious.