Football Manager 2013

Old
02-25-2013, 12:37 PM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDZ View Post
FM13 is on sale at Amazon right now for only $15. Thinking about picking it up since I love career mode in FIFA but reading all the stuff about zonal markings and stuff makes me think that its too complicated for me
If the tactics get too confusing for you, you can always download tactics created by others. There are also plenty of elaborate guides on how to use the tactics creator to best effect.

$15 is a great deal, though beware of what was said earlier in the thread, FM truly is a life-consuming game. Once you get hooked it'll swallow all of your free time, interfere with your work/studies and cause serious strain on your personal relationships if you let it.

Franck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 01:52 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Got some cracking young players in for Monaco. Adryan, Sanogo, Ocampos and a couple of regens some of whom I got through the youth candidates.

Love the look of my team though - if I can remember:

GK: Alphonse Areola (Loan from PSG), Martin Sourzac, Frederic Gotte (Out on loan at Manchester City)

D: Gary Kagelmacher, Adriano, Georgios Tzavellas, Andrea Raggi, Ryan Donk, Regen who I can't remember, Gaby Mundingay (DM & CM but training as a DC) and Tom Hateley.

M: Nacer Barazite, Lucas Ocampos, Nabil Dirar, Delvin N'Dinga, Jakob Poulsen, Edgar Sali, Carlos Villaneuva.

F: Ibrahima Toure, Bjorn Vleminxck, Yaya Sanogo and Raul Bobadilla

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 08:06 PM
Theon
Fear the Beard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post
If the tactics get too confusing for you, you can always download tactics created by others. There are also plenty of elaborate guides on how to use the tactics creator to best effect.

$15 is a great deal, though beware of what was said earlier in the thread, FM truly is a life-consuming game. Once you get hooked it'll swallow all of your free time, interfere with your work/studies and cause serious strain on your personal relationships if you let it.
Thanks for the tip. Those tactics are from fmbase.co.uk right?

Hopefully it doesn't take over my life. I'm not so much of a PC gamer, this is the first game I'm buying since Age of Empires II

Theon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:56 AM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDZ View Post
Thanks for the tip. Those tactics are from fmbase.co.uk right?

Hopefully it doesn't take over my life. I'm not so much of a PC gamer, this is the first game I'm buying since Age of Empires II
Urgh.

I find the best tactical discussion happens at the official SI forum.

In case you want graphics like facepacks, new skins or logos to unlicenced teams you should come over to us at Sortitoutsi.net.

Old
02-26-2013, 01:39 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post

This should be a serious warning label on the game.

Dont forget to mention, once you go FM you don't go back. You need to buy it every year

ForzaZuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 08:23 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Both my CBs are starters for French National team, my LB also got some CAPs with the French National team, yet I allow so many goals That's what I get for having an offensive tactic.

Such an addicting game, it's ruining my college experience ha.

JWK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 09:32 PM
Slot 3
exitus acta probat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
Such an addicting game, it's ruining my college experience ha.
Almost ruined mine. Too many times I've had to wing out the final dozen pages of term papers in the literal last minute because of FM.

Slot 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 01:15 AM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 230
I started playing the demo ( never played this in my life before), I love it. If I were to buy the full game can I transfer my season over?

Justified is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 07:19 AM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

You could I think

Just get it, it's 50% off.

Mike Emrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:22 PM
Justified
Amaro out

just got the code, I plan on returning the glory back to Anfield. But Im having problem buying players, nobody is interested.

Old
03-10-2013, 07:19 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I should of got this game.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 04:59 PM
GarretJoseph*

I'm with Notthingham Forrest for FM13, its July 17th, 2018 and the world cup just ended.

I found it funny that Switzerland won the 2018 World Cup Final over USA
Have to share.

Group F

Switzerland 2 (Xhaka, Shaqiri) Japan 2
Switzerland 2 (Xhaka, Derdiyok) France 1
Switzerland 2 (Shaqir, Mehmedi) Venzeula 0

Group

USA 1 (Dempsey) Portugal 1
USA 0 Uruguay 2
USA 3 (Chandler 2, Altidore) Holland 1

2nd Round

Switzerland 3 (Derdiyok, Kasami, Barnetta) Belarus 1
Germany 1 USA 1 (Dempsey) 1-4Pk

QFinals

Switzerland 0 Uruguay 0 (3-0pk)
France 0 USA 0 (3-4pk)

Semi Finals

England 0 Switzerland 1 (Ben Khalifa)
Russia 1 USA 2 - Extra time (Dempsey 2)

World Cup Final
Extra Time:
Switzerland 2 - Shaqiri 87, Kasami 98
USA 1 - Jose Francisco Torres 79'

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 07:33 PM
gary69

This year's edition hasn't engulfed me, just finished my first season a week ago with Barca (bought the game in December).

The gameplay (even when watching in full match) seems to bare little resemblance to my tactics and player's skills, most goals come after some random mistakes and stupid plays more fitting to standard of play in the amateur leagues.

Easily won the league with Messi scoring 40+ goals (lost to Real on away goals in the CL), but even so, most of the time when watching the match I couldn't tell this was supposed to the best player in the world.

And the amount of injuries was ridiculous, at one time mid-season I was simultaniously missing Adriano, Alves, Alba, Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro and Sanchez for than a month (some of them for 6 months) plus other starters for weeks at time, so usually it felt like I was playing Barca B for most of the season. Only Pique and Messi pretty much stayed healthy for all season (missed two games at most).

Some wierd occurrences during the season (I had several leagues playable and in full detail), like Alex Ferguson getting the sack from United mid-season after horrendous results (they hired Bielsa and climed the table to end up finishing fourth).

Man City spent huge money (150 millions) in January/summer 2013 (where I'm currently at). I "only" bought Neymar and going to go with that for the next season, though I should probably buy a starting defender and backup goalie.

gary69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 03:11 PM
La Cosa Nostra
Eichel welcome 2 BUF

I started a Man City save.So much fun having a gigantic transfer budget.I don't go crazy though buying wonderkids as I feel it makes it far too easy,though I did sell numerous stars (Tevez,Silva,Nasri etc) so I could reshape the team as I see fit.I'm in my 2nd year, finished 2nd in Premier my first year behind ManU but I did win the CL beating Chelsea.I'm running a 4-4-2 and this is my roster:

Attackers:
Neymar
Falcao (Didn't really need/want him but he was available for only $42 million and Man U was after him so I signed him so he wouldn't go to United)
Edinson Cavani (I wasn't planning on getting him at all, but Napoli had him available for $35 million.Couldn't resist)
Stevan Jovetic

Midfielders:
Sergio Aguero (been playing him at AMC because of my insane depth up front)
Yaya Toure
Mario Gotze
Javier Pastore
Thiago
Jack Rodwell

Defenders:
Vincent Kompany
David Alaba
Raphael Varane
Kurt Zouma
Matija Nastasic
Sebastien Francois (regen who is 15 years old from France with 200 pot.)

Goaltenders:
Joe Hart
Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Unsure of what goalie I want to keep long term, both are young and in the top 5-10 of best goalies in game.ter Stegen has better potential/attributes but isn't as consistent as Hart.

While it's fun having a huge transfer budget it also makes it a little too easy.I started a save up with AC Milan but seeing my transfer budget at 4 million I quickly deleted it.4 million can't buy **** in this game.The old versions you were able to get high potential regens/wonderkids for reasonable costs, this year if you want a 5* youngster valued at $200K you need to bid 15+ million

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 03:48 PM
tobo

The last couple FM's didn't entertain me nearly as much like previous ones. I barely made it past the first season. FM 05 on the other hand took a ridiculous amount of my time. If I remember correctly, I made it until the 17-18 season.

Edit: lol @ Layne Staley complaining about a 4M budget. IMO playing with teams that don't have any money are the most interesting because then you have to be inventive.

tobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 03:18 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Every single game one of my players end up injured, sometimes two players in the same game :mad:

vsk92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 06:10 PM
Captain Saku

I havent played since 2 months almost. I stopped in the 24-25 season and won almost everything a coach could dram of winning. My last team was milan but my favorite seasons were when I was coaching montreal impact with very little budget and salary cap.

Captain Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 04:51 PM
Justified
Amaro out

Im pretty far in with Betis around 9 or 10 seasons. the first few seasons I finished around mid table. But since then I have won La Liga twice, have finished in the top 4 every yerar, as well as winning the Champions league twice and I trebled in one of those years. After this success the board gives a minimum expectation of winning La Liga. I wanted to see if I would get sacked despite all my success if I didnt win the league (see how unrealistic these board members were). So I simulated an entire year without any interaction in a game and I ended up coming in 2nd. I wasnt sacked as my status is now very stable instead of untouchable, but during that time there was a takeover. I am given a 500 million transfer budget . Now I think I will take over some other team that needs to be built up because having that big of a budget is no fun.

Old
04-11-2013, 05:10 PM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

Nothing better than winning the league in the final game of the season.

Old
04-11-2013, 06:54 PM
La Cosa Nostra
Eichel welcome 2 BUF

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobo View Post
The last couple FM's didn't entertain me nearly as much like previous ones. I barely made it past the first season. FM 05 on the other hand took a ridiculous amount of my time. If I remember correctly, I made it until the 17-18 season.

Edit: lol @ Layne Staley complaining about a 4M budget. IMO playing with teams that don't have any money are the most interesting because then you have to be inventive.
When your budget is 4 mil for a so called "Italian giant" yes it's boring. I don't buy FM to take over dumpy teams and unrealistically get them to win champions league, I like playing a top team and being able to acquire top talent. I'm American, I know the players from the top divisions but if you think I know who to go after in Npower or Serie B I don't.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote