HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

why all the Brewer proposals??

Closed Thread

Old
12-28-2003, 10:31 PM
kdog82

vCash: 500
why all the Brewer proposals??

I will admit that I am not seen many Oilers games this season, but why is everybody suggesting that the Oilers will dump Brewer to another team?? This just doesnt make sense to me...I am a Bruins fan and would love to see a talent like Brewer on the B's, but I just dont see this happening any time soon.

What can you tell me about Brewer's play of late. I know he is struggling offensively, but common. I am positive he isnt struggling defensively like Nick Boynton is. Boynton was a miserable -4 is his last game against the Lightning.

kflo77

Old
12-28-2003, 10:36 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog82
I will admit that I am not seen many Oilers games this season, but why is everybody suggesting that the Oilers will dump Brewer to another team?? This just doesnt make sense to me...I am a Bruins fan and would love to see a talent like Brewer on the B's, but I just dont see this happening any time soon.

What can you tell me about Brewer's play of late. I know he is struggling offensively, but common. I am positive he isnt struggling defensively like Nick Boynton is. Boynton was a miserable -4 is his last game against the Lightning.

kflo77
Well some rumour started on cbssportsline and now everyone thinks they're going to be traded. I doubt KL will trade Brewer. He's in love with the guy and he's still young. I'd rather KL trade Fergy.

12-29-2003, 02:33 AM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky83
Well some rumour started on cbssportsline and now everyone thinks they're going to be traded. I doubt KL will trade Brewer. He's in love with the guy and he's still young. I'd rather KL trade Fergy.
Exactly. I think the Brewer rumors started because the Oilers are struggling and he's one of the only Oilers actually worth something. As much as I hate saying it, Smith will get traded instead.

Old
12-29-2003, 07:26 AM
Tanko

Brewer is a stud they better not deal him

Old
12-29-2003, 07:49 AM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky83
I'd rather KL trade Fergy.
There's probably no chance of that. Scott has basically no trade value and Lowe is going to let him walk at the end of the year as an UFA IMO.

The problem with Brewer is that he is making 2.5 million (the highest paid player on the blueline) without being the best player on our defense. It's probably Smith or Brewer that is going to be dealt as is speculated probably due to their salaries... but the odds are that Smith is the one that goes.

Old
12-29-2003, 07:58 AM
theoil

I would be very surprised to see Brewer go anywhere. Smith is very likely if Lowe can find somebody "faster, younger and bigger".

Old
12-29-2003, 08:00 AM
theoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog82
I am positive he isnt struggling defensively like Nick Boynton is. Boynton was a miserable -4 is his last game against the Lightning.

kflo77
All young d men go through stretches where they look just awful. We'll be happy to relieve you of his growing pains if you want to get rid of him.

Closed Thread