HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Around the NHL: Part **** 3-point games

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-11-2013, 09:00 PM
  #776
FromTheSide
Registered User
 
FromTheSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 22,312
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post



The Rangers have lost to teams they should have beaten MANY times this season. What about that makes you confident?
We own the flyers, we haven't lost to carolina, we've beaten NJ WITH kovalchuk and now they are playing like hot garbage etc

Not to mention our post trade deadline roster has actual consistancy.

FromTheSide is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 09:00 PM
  #777
boredmale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 23,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
game in hand on NYI
2 games in hand on WPG

People need to calm the **** down.
It should also be pointed out

Jets play Ottawa, Washington and Islanders

Washington plays Ottawa 2 times

Somebody has to lose all those games.

Personally I think Ottawa might be the odd man out

boredmale is online now  
Old
04-11-2013, 09:01 PM
  #778
Leetch2McDonagh27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
this is the problem. we just can't get on a streak. we'd be in toronto's position right now if we had one ****ing decent streak this season.

8 games left. not a duanting schedule. there is no excuse but i know we will **** up at least a couple of the games.

keep in mind 8th is basically a blackhole as well cause we'd get likely destroyed by Pitt (even though we played them pretty good the 2 games with our new lineup)

montreal is montreal

washington is so hot right now im even scared of them
dude....relax, you are assuming way too many things

Have some confidence in your team (forget the coaching staff for a second)

As a Ranger fan......the team must take the bull by its horns. I don't car what team we play. Hell....I'll take Typical Montreal or the these "All-World Pens". Doesn't matter......because we are going to go on a run. Just wait and see

PS. Take a Benzo or something.....you def need some anti-anxiety meds

Leetch2McDonagh27 is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 09:01 PM
  #779
Dragonborne
Registered User
 
Dragonborne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 415
vCash: 193
I am so sick of these cocky ass islanders fans at school.. Rangers HAVE to win on saturday

Dragonborne is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 09:01 PM
  #780
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius
 
Glen Sathers Cigar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post

The Rangers have lost to teams they should have beaten MANY times this season. What about that makes you confident?
Our team is different now though than we were for the Majority of the season.

Clowe, Brassard, Moore gives us more depth so comparing to earlier in the season doesn't say too much. No more slumping Gaborik or slow Hamrlik.

3-1-1 since Trade deadline. I'm not saying we've transformed into an amazing team or anything, just saying our team has a different look and complexion since the trade deadline and in that time we are 3-1-1. Let's hope they can build on that record.

Glen Sathers Cigar is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 09:02 PM
  #781
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
Scoring has improved. We have somewhat of a semblance of a PP now. Staal coming back soon.
Whatever the scoring, PP or defense was back when they played the panthers, they STILL should have beat them. Trap games, all of them. Thinking you've won before the puck hits the ice is a sure fire way to lose.

Championship* is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 09:02 PM
  #782
LittleKev6D9
Unregistered User
 
LittleKev6D9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Middletown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
Take a look at our schedule. If you can't be confident in that you might aswell jump ship now.
Half of them are against divisional opponents which are tough regardless.

And watching them be so hot and cold all year, I'm not confident with the Rangers against anyone. Far too many times do they become a shell of themselves and lean on Hank.

LittleKev6D9 is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 09:02 PM
  #783
Affinity
Registered User
 
Affinity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toms River, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 7,068
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Whatever. You aren't a better or worse fan because you keep your cool or go nuts like me.

Get off your high horse, we're all in this together an all want the same goal.
Good thing I never said either of those things, bud. Don't need to take things so personally.

Affinity is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 09:05 PM
  #784
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 19,156
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
It should also be pointed out

Jets play Ottawa, Washington and Islanders

Washington plays Ottawa 2 times

Somebody has to lose all those games.

Personally I think Ottawa might be the odd man out
3 point games.

Fire Sather is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 09:06 PM
  #785
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!
 
ImIdaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
Whatever the scoring, PP or defense was back when they played the panthers, they STILL should have beat them. Trap games, all of them. Thinking you've won before the puck hits the ice is a sure fire way to lose.
I don't care what happened a few months ago. New players, new identity, do or die time.

ImIdaho is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 09:06 PM
  #786
Cresto
Much Disappoint
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
Good thing I never said either of those things, bud. Don't need to take things so personally.
I'm offended.

Cresto is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 09:07 PM
  #787
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius
 
Glen Sathers Cigar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonborne View Post
I am so sick of these cocky ass islanders fans at school.. Rangers HAVE to win on saturday
Lol they're all acting like the Islanders have clinched a spot already. They're two points out of 9th. Sure they're playing well, but it's way too close to start getting cocky. Saturday's game is massive.

Glen Sathers Cigar is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 09:09 PM
  #788
NCRanger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,277
vCash: 500
Part of the issue is, of the Rangers last 8 games, only 1 is against a team that's over .500, and that's the Fishsticks on Saturday.

So, the last 7 games are against teams that are basically bottom feeders. When you consider the schedule is slightly more than half a regular season, that's an awful lot of games in a row against teams that you'd normally see interspersed in the schedule. The Rangers had an extremely top heavy schedule with the top teams, not to mention having to play in Montreal twice.

Take advantage of the weaker teams at the end of the year, and 6th place should be there for the taking.

That said, this is starting to remind me of 2010-11, where one loss was like losing 4 points because Carolina and Buffalo were playing .800 hockey at the same time the Rangers were.

NCRanger is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 09:09 PM
  #789
LittleKev6D9
Unregistered User
 
LittleKev6D9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Middletown
Country: United States
Posts: 1,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
We own the flyers, we haven't lost to carolina, we've beaten NJ WITH kovalchuk and now they are playing like hot garbage etc
I hate this argument. Those games are in the past for a reason. THEY ARE OVER. All it takes is one game to completely **** everything up. So we beat the Flyers and Hurricanes a couple times. Big deal. Any of the remaining teams the Rangers play can beat them.

AND WHO IS TO SAY THAT THE PANTHERS DON'T HAVE A MOTIVATIONAL SPEECH DURING INTERMISSION LIKE IN THE LITTLE GIANTS!!!!



One time.

LittleKev6D9 is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 09:09 PM
  #790
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Lol of course there's Islander fans viewing this thread. "My team just won an important game. Let me see what Rangers fans thought of it."

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 09:10 PM
  #791
Cresto
Much Disappoint
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen Sathers Cigar View Post
Lol they're all acting like the Islanders have clinched a spot already. They're two points out of 9th. Sure they're playing well, but it's way too close to start getting cocky. Saturday's game is massive.
How dare they? We are the all mighty Rangers. Only we reserve the right to be cocky.

Cresto is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 09:11 PM
  #792
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
I don't care what happened a few months ago. New players, new identity, do or die time.
A few months ago? It was a few weeks ago. The team hasn't shown consistency all year and I'm not about to declare this a "changed team" at all yet. We won 4 in a row and people were planning the parade here. How'd they follow that up?

Championship* is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 09:12 PM
  #793
The Perfect Paradox
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,501
vCash: 50
Saturday's game will be the biggest game these two teams have played against each other in a very long time. In the midst of a playoff run, eight games is a lot of time, so I'm not going to call it a 'must win' just yet.

The Perfect Paradox is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 09:12 PM
  #794
boredmale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 23,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
3 point games.
Chances of all 5 games being 3 point games is slim but even say 3 of those 5 go to OT, that's still a decent amount of points to be lost

boredmale is online now  
Old
04-11-2013, 09:14 PM
  #795
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!
 
ImIdaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
A few months ago? It was a few weeks ago. The team hasn't shown consistency all year and I'm not about to declare this a "changed team" at all yet. We won 4 in a row and people were planning the parade here. How'd they follow that up?
You're still omitting that we're now scoring and that's also due to the new lineup of players. ****, they still haven't played Saturday and you're already showing your defeatist mentality.

How about this: we make a bet. Rangers lose, I'll stay off the forums until the playoffs. Rangers win, you stay off the forums until the playoffs.

Deal?

ImIdaho is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 09:18 PM
  #796
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
You're still omitting that we're now scoring and that's also due to the new lineup of players. ****, they still haven't played Saturday and you're already showing your defeatist mentality.

How about this: we make a bet. Rangers lose, I'll stay off the forums until the playoffs. Rangers win, you stay off the forums until the playoffs.

Deal?
You act as if the Rangers don't go between stretches of scoring and stretches of not scoring regularly. THEY ARE NOT CONSISTENT. It's always just waiting for the other shoe to drop and then they get shut out twice in a row.

I don't really care to make a ban bet. I want them to win. But the confidence in this team that is given to them around here is really baseless.

Championship* is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 09:18 PM
  #797
Cresto
Much Disappoint
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,470
vCash: 500

Cresto is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 09:20 PM
  #798
Affinity
Registered User
 
Affinity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toms River, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 7,068
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
Lol of course there's Islander fans viewing this thread. "My team just won an important game. Let me see what Rangers fans thought of it."
I'm sure its been a great read for them.

Affinity is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 09:20 PM
  #799
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 33,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
I'm offended.

__________________


DEUTSCHLANDWELTMEISTER2014
Machinehead is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 09:21 PM
  #800
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!
 
ImIdaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
You act as if the Rangers don't go between stretches of scoring and stretches of not scoring regularly. THEY ARE NOT CONSISTENT. It's always just waiting for the other shoe to drop and then they get shut out twice in a row.

I don't really care to make a ban bet. I want them to win. But the confidence in this team that is given to them around here is really baseless.
They have gone through stretches of not scoring but they have recently been creating a lot more offensive chances and they have been cashing them in.

There's a difference between wanting a team to win and then talking about the next game as if it were an automatic loss. Hence why I'm calling you out to put your money where your mouth is.

ImIdaho is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.