HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Around the NHL: Part **** 3-point games

Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2013, 09:00 PM
FromTheSide

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post

The Rangers have lost to teams they should have beaten MANY times this season. What about that makes you confident?
We own the flyers, we haven't lost to carolina, we've beaten NJ WITH kovalchuk and now they are playing like hot garbage etc

Not to mention our post trade deadline roster has actual consistancy.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:00 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
game in hand on NYI
2 games in hand on WPG

People need to calm the **** down.
It should also be pointed out

Jets play Ottawa, Washington and Islanders

Washington plays Ottawa 2 times

Somebody has to lose all those games.

Personally I think Ottawa might be the odd man out

Old
04-11-2013, 09:01 PM
Leetch2McDonagh27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
this is the problem. we just can't get on a streak. we'd be in toronto's position right now if we had one ****ing decent streak this season.

8 games left. not a duanting schedule. there is no excuse but i know we will **** up at least a couple of the games.

keep in mind 8th is basically a blackhole as well cause we'd get likely destroyed by Pitt (even though we played them pretty good the 2 games with our new lineup)

montreal is montreal

washington is so hot right now im even scared of them
dude....relax, you are assuming way too many things

Have some confidence in your team (forget the coaching staff for a second)

As a Ranger fan......the team must take the bull by its horns. I don't car what team we play. Hell....I'll take Typical Montreal or the these "All-World Pens". Doesn't matter......because we are going to go on a run. Just wait and see

PS. Take a Benzo or something.....you def need some anti-anxiety meds

Old
Dragonborne

vCash: 193
I am so sick of these cocky ass islanders fans at school.. Rangers HAVE to win on saturday

Old
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius

Quote:

The Rangers have lost to teams they should have beaten MANY times this season. What about that makes you confident?
Our team is different now though than we were for the Majority of the season.

Clowe, Brassard, Moore gives us more depth so comparing to earlier in the season doesn't say too much. No more slumping Gaborik or slow Hamrlik.

3-1-1 since Trade deadline. I'm not saying we've transformed into an amazing team or anything, just saying our team has a different look and complexion since the trade deadline and in that time we are 3-1-1. Let's hope they can build on that record.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:02 PM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
Scoring has improved. We have somewhat of a semblance of a PP now. Staal coming back soon.
Whatever the scoring, PP or defense was back when they played the panthers, they STILL should have beat them. Trap games, all of them. Thinking you've won before the puck hits the ice is a sure fire way to lose.

Old
LittleKev6D9
Unregistered User

Quote:
Take a look at our schedule. If you can't be confident in that you might aswell jump ship now.
Half of them are against divisional opponents which are tough regardless.

And watching them be so hot and cold all year, I'm not confident with the Rangers against anyone. Far too many times do they become a shell of themselves and lean on Hank.

Old
Affinity

Quote:
Whatever. You aren't a better or worse fan because you keep your cool or go nuts like me.

Get off your high horse, we're all in this together an all want the same goal.
Good thing I never said either of those things, bud. Don't need to take things so personally.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:05 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
It should also be pointed out

Jets play Ottawa, Washington and Islanders

Washington plays Ottawa 2 times

Somebody has to lose all those games.

Personally I think Ottawa might be the odd man out
3 point games.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:06 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Whatever the scoring, PP or defense was back when they played the panthers, they STILL should have beat them. Trap games, all of them. Thinking you've won before the puck hits the ice is a sure fire way to lose.
I don't care what happened a few months ago. New players, new identity, do or die time.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:06 PM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
Good thing I never said either of those things, bud. Don't need to take things so personally.
I'm offended.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:07 PM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonborne View Post
I am so sick of these cocky ass islanders fans at school.. Rangers HAVE to win on saturday
Lol they're all acting like the Islanders have clinched a spot already. They're two points out of 9th. Sure they're playing well, but it's way too close to start getting cocky. Saturday's game is massive.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:09 PM
NCRanger

Part of the issue is, of the Rangers last 8 games, only 1 is against a team that's over .500, and that's the Fishsticks on Saturday.

So, the last 7 games are against teams that are basically bottom feeders. When you consider the schedule is slightly more than half a regular season, that's an awful lot of games in a row against teams that you'd normally see interspersed in the schedule. The Rangers had an extremely top heavy schedule with the top teams, not to mention having to play in Montreal twice.

Take advantage of the weaker teams at the end of the year, and 6th place should be there for the taking.

That said, this is starting to remind me of 2010-11, where one loss was like losing 4 points because Carolina and Buffalo were playing .800 hockey at the same time the Rangers were.

Old
LittleKev6D9
Unregistered User

Quote:
We own the flyers, we haven't lost to carolina, we've beaten NJ WITH kovalchuk and now they are playing like hot garbage etc
I hate this argument. Those games are in the past for a reason. THEY ARE OVER. All it takes is one game to completely **** everything up. So we beat the Flyers and Hurricanes a couple times. Big deal. Any of the remaining teams the Rangers play can beat them.

AND WHO IS TO SAY THAT THE PANTHERS DON'T HAVE A MOTIVATIONAL SPEECH DURING INTERMISSION LIKE IN THE LITTLE GIANTS!!!!

One time.

Old
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Lol of course there's Islander fans viewing this thread. "My team just won an important game. Let me see what Rangers fans thought of it."

Old
04-11-2013, 09:10 PM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen Sathers Cigar View Post
Lol they're all acting like the Islanders have clinched a spot already. They're two points out of 9th. Sure they're playing well, but it's way too close to start getting cocky. Saturday's game is massive.
How dare they? We are the all mighty Rangers. Only we reserve the right to be cocky.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:11 PM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Quote:
I don't care what happened a few months ago. New players, new identity, do or die time.
A few months ago? It was a few weeks ago. The team hasn't shown consistency all year and I'm not about to declare this a "changed team" at all yet. We won 4 in a row and people were planning the parade here. How'd they follow that up?

Old
04-11-2013, 09:12 PM
The Perfect Paradox

vCash: 50
Saturday's game will be the biggest game these two teams have played against each other in a very long time. In the midst of a playoff run, eight games is a lot of time, so I'm not going to call it a 'must win' just yet.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:12 PM
boredmale

Quote:
3 point games.
Chances of all 5 games being 3 point games is slim but even say 3 of those 5 go to OT, that's still a decent amount of points to be lost

Old
04-11-2013, 09:14 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
A few months ago? It was a few weeks ago. The team hasn't shown consistency all year and I'm not about to declare this a "changed team" at all yet. We won 4 in a row and people were planning the parade here. How'd they follow that up?
You're still omitting that we're now scoring and that's also due to the new lineup of players. ****, they still haven't played Saturday and you're already showing your defeatist mentality.

How about this: we make a bet. Rangers lose, I'll stay off the forums until the playoffs. Rangers win, you stay off the forums until the playoffs.

Deal?

Old
04-11-2013, 09:18 PM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Quote:
You're still omitting that we're now scoring and that's also due to the new lineup of players. ****, they still haven't played Saturday and you're already showing your defeatist mentality.

How about this: we make a bet. Rangers lose, I'll stay off the forums until the playoffs. Rangers win, you stay off the forums until the playoffs.

Deal?
You act as if the Rangers don't go between stretches of scoring and stretches of not scoring regularly. THEY ARE NOT CONSISTENT. It's always just waiting for the other shoe to drop and then they get shut out twice in a row.

I don't really care to make a ban bet. I want them to win. But the confidence in this team that is given to them around here is really baseless.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:18 PM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

Old
04-11-2013, 09:20 PM
Affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
Lol of course there's Islander fans viewing this thread. "My team just won an important game. Let me see what Rangers fans thought of it."
I'm sure its been a great read for them.

Old
04-11-2013, 09:20 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
I'm offended.

DEUTSCHLANDWELTMEISTER2014
Old
04-11-2013, 09:21 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
You act as if the Rangers don't go between stretches of scoring and stretches of not scoring regularly. THEY ARE NOT CONSISTENT. It's always just waiting for the other shoe to drop and then they get shut out twice in a row.

I don't really care to make a ban bet. I want them to win. But the confidence in this team that is given to them around here is really baseless.
They have gone through stretches of not scoring but they have recently been creating a lot more offensive chances and they have been cashing them in.

There's a difference between wanting a team to win and then talking about the next game as if it were an automatic loss. Hence why I'm calling you out to put your money where your mouth is.

Closed Thread